Breaking through Plateaus - Thoughts ;-)

This is why the Tracy Anderson Method works for me. It's also why I run, and did many other workout programs.

Tracy's Metamorphosis program actually is one of my best plateau busters.

This is why the Tracy Anderson Method works for me. It's also why I run, and did many other workout programs.

Tracy's Metamorphosis program actually is one of my best plateau busters.

It is funny and amusing how all of sudden you are interested in me, intolerant, individual have
to share with everyone here!!!!

BTW about Your statement below:

"Anyone who's anyone who knows the TA Method, and if I've heard it once I've heard it a million times says, Tracy & her crew have the best butts in the business.

:D
I am beginning to question my reputable bret contreras source from omitting the name of your beloved
trainer as the best glute in the business!!!:eek::eek:
Would you mind, reminding me what business you are referring to cause I am lost!!!!:D:D:D

I also get better results with variety. I prefer circuits but I will do a week of pilattes or just kettle bells/kick boxing to keep the body guessing. But I am genetically prone to muscle gain and fat retention, I am usually fighting the fat more than striving towards muscle gain because that comes more easily. In college I bench pressed 250 lbs and I was 19 years old. I wasn't working that hard. My parents and brother are very strong people. Oh, the one thing I never do is over work a muscle group if I want to build, so lifting heavy once a week. I think we can work the muscle right off our bodies. Also, I don't lift at max. I lift to about 80 % because I want to build and not shred myself. Hope that makes sense. I know it's contrary to the ideas of many.

i'm a Cathe junkie and i busted plateaus by doing Cathe's STS/LIS 3 month rotation. followed by the XTrain 90 day undulating rotation. and i also inserted other 1 month rotations that appealed to me. It probably wasn't in that order but you get my point. when you push the envelope, increase the weights, and eat clean that solid line plunges or veers upwards depending on the goal you set for yourself.

I also get better results with variety. I prefer circuits but I will do a week of pilattes or just kettle bells/kick boxing to keep the body guessing. But I am genetically prone to muscle gain and fat retention, I am usually fighting the fat more than striving towards muscle gain because that comes more easily. In college I bench pressed 250 lbs and I was 19 years old. I wasn't working that hard. My parents and brother are very strong people. Oh, the one thing I never do is over work a muscle group if I want to build, so lifting heavy once a week. I think we can work the muscle right off our bodies. Also, I don't lift at max. I lift to about 80 % because I want to build and not shred myself. Hope that makes sense. I know it's contrary to the ideas of many.

Hello,

250 bench press is impressive. I am not there yet ;-). I love heavy stuff too.I am into circuits and metabolic light and heavy.There are few of us here who enjoy this blood flow through muscles without necessarily cyber bully anyone into changing training methods!

RapidBreath are you mesomorph or endomorph? I think we do enjoy similar stuff.

Lol I like your user name. Rapid breath.
Do you love gasping for air conditioning your muscles and pumping the most precious one your heart ?

Rapid Breath - great bench press! I picked up my first Barbell over 25 years ago, but have never got close to that sort of press :( Deadlifts are my strong point (long arms helps!)
Yes, variety. I really lean out when I do lots of yoga (I mean daily). Tough yoga (like UY, rather than Cathe's more relaxing stuff, for example). It seems to allow my body to let go of the bloat. Sounds weird, I know. So I rotate heavy lifting with met con with yoga. Sometimes combining them all, sometimes just doing one at once. I walk a lot, too (A LOT - I walk my dogs over 2 hours a day!)
Cathe Live also helps, as I have a new w/o each week, and sometimes I really ache in weird places (I'm thinking after the first time I tried Cardio Core Circuit Live).
I also alter my eating strategies as well. I don't aim for any particular amount of calories, or macros (although I'm naturally lower-carb than a standard diet), but will happily pig-out some days and then cut right back on others. I suppose it keeps my metabolism guessing....
Anyway, I seem to inch very, very slowly closer to a leaner, stronger body - but it's getting increasingly difficult with age!

My handle is in reference to a challenging yoga practice called Rapid Breath Of Fire.

I don't know what kind of morph I am. I am short, stocky, and just genetically gifted in lifting. When lean, I look average, I am not very curvy. I do have big bones, I wear a size 9 shoe and I am 5'2". That's genetic too, I have a nephew who wears a size 19 1/2 shoe! He is only 6'3".

I like many of the same kinds of workouts as nckfitheart.

Justinef You have got me, I have short limbs, the dead lift is not my strong suit, way to go on that. I am a fan of challenging yoga, especially Shiva Rea and Yoga Today's Sarah Kline. I also get a lot of bang for my buck from yoga for my lymphatic system. A good rapid breath session can make you feel like your hair is on fire, in a good way.

My handle is in reference to a challenging yoga practice called Rapid Breath Of Fire.

I don't know what kind of morph I am. I am short, stocky, and just genetically gifted in lifting. When lean, I look average, I am not very curvy. I do have big bones, I wear a size 9 shoe and I am 5'2". That's genetic too, I have a nephew who wears a size 19 1/2 shoe! He is only 6'3".

I like many of the same kinds of workouts as nckfitheart.

Thanks for replying.:eek::eek: Big bones indeed. 9 shoes. I am size 9 too but I am 5'7:)
Based on your description above you could be endomorph. Yes you gain muscle easily.
Yoga helps elongating muscles IMO. Not all type of yoga though.

Stay strong and enjoy your workout:)

Had a ski bum week with hubby. Monday's are painful anytime, but especially after a week off. Way to go on the bench RapidBreath, nice!! I like deadlifts too, Justine; but my forte is the squat. I have naturally strong ski legs, and I love squats. What can I say?

Last edited:
You have to got to love strong and POWERful legs.
Enjoy and make the most of them:)

Was just thinking this today while walking into the grocery store. I remembered when I was so weak (from arthritis, fibromyalgia, out-of-shape, obese) that curbs were hard to climb up, and I actually feared them. No joke. Today, I felt the power of my legs pulling me easily along as I briskly walked in, knowing I could jump the curbs all day long if I needed to. And I thought, "Wow...I am a lucky person. To regain my health and mobility like that, to have a second chance at fitness, I am blessed. I got something back that a lot of people never do."

Anyway, that was totally self-absorbed and OT, but strong legs are the bomb! :D

Rapid Breath - great bench press! I picked up my first Barbell over 25 years ago, but have never got close to that sort of press :( Deadlifts are my strong point (long arms helps!)
Yes, variety. I really lean out when I do lots of yoga (I mean daily). Tough yoga (like UY, rather than Cathe's more relaxing stuff, for example). It seems to allow my body to let go of the bloat. Sounds weird, I know. So I rotate heavy lifting with met con with yoga. Sometimes combining them all, sometimes just doing one at once. I walk a lot, too (A LOT - I walk my dogs over 2 hours a day!)
Cathe Live also helps, as I have a new w/o each week, and sometimes I really ache in weird places (I'm thinking after the first time I tried Cardio Core Circuit Live).
I also alter my eating strategies as well. I don't aim for any particular amount of calories, or macros (although I'm naturally lower-carb than a standard diet), but will happily pig-out some days and then cut right back on others. I suppose it keeps my metabolism guessing....
Anyway, I seem to inch very, very slowly closer to a leaner, stronger body - but it's getting increasingly difficult with age!

When you walk your dogs, is that 2 hrs at once or broken into a few walks during the day? I agree with the Cathe live, I love the variety it adds to my workouts. I need to start doing more yoga, I've really slacked off on doing that.

When you walk your dogs, is that 2 hrs at once or broken into a few walks during the day? I agree with the Cathe live, I love the variety it adds to my workouts. I need to start doing more yoga, I've really slacked off on doing that.

I'm with you Kim, I need more yoga as well. I have UY, and I like some of Shiva Rea's yoga,anybody have any streaming yoga they like?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.