STS vs RWH vs XTrain

I'm trying to decide on which series to start with. They all look great! I'm wondering..... What are the main differences between these series: STS, RWH, and XTrain? For those who have actually done all three, how would you rate them from "easiest" to hardest? Thanks in advance for your input.

I think it depends on what you're goals are. STS is great for someone with previous lifting experience IMO as it's very focused and set up as split sessions vs total body workouts - cardio is sold as a separate bundle though so keep this in mind. You require more workout time for STS as well if this is a limiting factor for you and there is also alot of equipment needed. Personally i love both Xtrain and RWH as they encompass weights and cardio with variety in terms of the type challenges ie tabata, low impact, plyo, endurance vs strength. I do find RWH to be more of an advanced level but you can certainly modify to suit your needs. It's difficult to number in terms of hardest to easiest because they are all difficult in different ways. STS is both mentally and physically demanding and i could only complete 6 weeks of the program but even with that I could notice differences in strength and body composition. RWH is extremely challenging and advanced but the shorter length of workouts makes it easier to get through! Xtrain probably has the most variety with some workouts more intermediate which balances the more difficult ones. Ok after all that blah blah blah from me I'm going to say start with Xtrain LOL!! I just think you'd get the most out of it as a "starting" program.
Good luck and report back!
Jamie

Last edited:
I did all of them and loved them all! I agree with Jamie about starting first with XTrain. I would maybe consider doing STS second, especially if you do Plyo Legs for Meso 3. That would lead nicely into all the tough plyo moves in RWH. You could even do some of the HiiT workouts from RWH during STS to get conditioned for RWH. Honestly, whatever order you decide they're all wonderful!

XTrain has the most variety. With STS you choose what, if any, cardio/yoga/running etc. you want to do. I did 5 months of STS and loved it! RWH was very challenging for me, especially the cardio. They're all different and all excellent!

I agree with the other two replies. RWH and XTrain are similar in having weights, cardio and metabolic workouts, and although I love them both, XTrain has some of my all time favourites- cardio leg blast and hard strikes. RWH is, for me, tougher. That said, the low impact hiit in xtrain is harder than the LI hiits in rwh (again, for me).
STS is really just a weights programme. It all depends on what your goals are (I'm doing another round of STS at the moment, adding in some rwh and xtrain - loving it!)

Last edited:
I'm trying to decide on which series to start with. They all look great! I'm wondering..... What are the main differences between these series: STS, RWH, and XTrain? For those who have actually done all three, how would you rate them from "easiest" to hardest? Thanks in advance for your input.

Hello,
I have done them!
They are all tough. Cathe was not rated as trainer of fitness trainers lightly ;-)
She is also known for being highly intense so be able and ready to have fun completing a pumping sweat fest!

• STS is a complete package containing endurance, hypertrophy and pure strength.
  • Xtrain is mainly for hypertrophy. There is high rep too though.
  • RwH is hypertrophy and high reps.
The difference is IMO the training techniques used. STS has it all!;);)
If you are new to cathe, I suggest you start with RwH as far as weight lifting is concerned.;

All the very best,

Madalyn212,

You didn't tell us if you have any lifting experience or how long you have been exercising (background history). Also what is important to ask yourself is what are your goals, What are you trying to achieve? Are you trying to build strength, endurance, lose weight, etc.?

I believe all the above Cathletes have superb and spot on recommendations.
Tell us what you decide on, it will be interesting to know.

Rock on!

Madalyn212,

You didn't tell us if you have any lifting experience or how long you have been exercising (background history). Also what is important to ask yourself is what are your goals, What are you trying to achieve? Are you trying to build strength, endurance, lose weight, etc.?

I believe all the above Cathletes have superb and spot on recommendations.
Tell us what you decide on, it will be interesting to know.

Rock on!

I agree with firelight here.
What is it you are after?:):):)

Thanks to all for your input so far! I have used Cathe DVDs since forever, on and off through the years. I have just a few stubborn pounds to get rid of. Also, it seems once I hit my 40s, muscle tone is becoming an issue....esp. legs. I would say I'm intermediate and am pretty good at adjusting an exercise for my level.

Thanks to all for your input so far! I have used Cathe DVDs since forever, on and off through the years. I have just a few stubborn pounds to get rid of. Also, it seems once I hit my 40s, muscle tone is becoming an issue....esp. legs. I would say I'm intermediate and am pretty good at adjusting an exercise for my level.

RWH is killer on the legs IMO and with the hiit workouts is great for fat loss. I think you would get the result you want with this set.

Still can't make up your mind, find a Cathe rotation or any one else's rotation (there are some well rounded & excellent rotations created by Cathletes here on this forum) that can help you tone and lose those "few stubborn pounds". Look for one which include all the series that you mentioned. That'll rev up your metabolism and give you the results you want. Clean eating nutrition, staying hydrated, sleeping well and being committed to your goal are vital to make this work.

Best of luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.