Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for January 2015

This morning I did Kelly Coffey's Home Gym Intervals mix 1 30 minutes and added 10 extra minutes on the spin bike, 40 minutes time, 296 calories. That one is on and off a piece of cardio equipment doing weights that are generally a lower and upper move combined. I then did P90X3 Warrior, a total body non weight with cardio workout, 33 minutes, 237 calories. I finished off with Tai Cheng phase 2 and 3 Tai Chi, 21 minutes, 75 calories. Total time was 94 minutes and calories burned 608.

Roselyn, I know what you mean about having something different to do.

Today I Cardio Coach #1 and had a great workout. Perfect for a Monday morning.

Workout was about 37 minutes total, ran 2.25 miles and burned 320 calories.

Hope you all have a great day and great workouts!!!

This morning I did Les Mills Combat Extreme Cardio Fighter, 54 minutes, 381 calories. I then did Lift it Hit it Back, Shoulders, and Biceps mix 3 no finishers, 39 minutes, 203 calories. Total time was 93 minutes and calories burned 584.
I increased some of the weights since I did not do the finishers.
1 arm rows, 35# 12 reps 3 sets
pull overs, 35# 12 reps, 3 sets
1 arm angled rows, 30#, 12 reps 3 sets
Rear Delt Fly 15#, 12 reps, 3 sets
prone rear delts, 8#, 3 sets
Bicep Curls 40 barbell, 12 reps, 3 sets
concentration curls, 22.5#, 12 reps, 3 sets
simultaneous standing hammer curls. 17.5#, 12 reps, 3 sets

Today I did Burn Sets Chest, Back and Shoulders skipping all the Burn Sets except the last one because I like it. I had a great workout!

This is what I did:

CHEST
Barbell Chest Press
- 30's - 2 sets 10 reps; 3rd set 12 reps
Dumbbell Chest Fly - 25's - 3 sets 10 reps
Incline Dumbbell Chest Press - 30's - 1 set 10 reps; 1 set 8 reps; 1 set 10 reps
Pushups - skipped

BACK
One Arm Row
- 30# - 3 sets 10 reps
Barbell Row - 45# - 3 sets 10 reps
Rear Delt Fly - 12's - 2 sets 10 reps; 3rd set 12 reps
Supermans - Skipped

SHOULDERS
Dumbbell Overhead Press
- 12's - 3 set 10 reps
Single Arm Lateral Raise - 8# - 3 sets 10 reps
Single Arm Rear Delt Raise - 10# - 2 sets 10 reps; 3rd set 14 reps (these are so easy for me, need to go up in weight)
Scarecrows - 5's

I had a hard time getting on the internet today. Anyway, I did Lift it Hit it legs, 42 minutes. I then did Lower Body Blast floor work and leg conditioning drills, 23 minutes. I wanted to do abs so hit Ripped With Hiit Abs 1, 10 minutes and finished off with Les Mills Combat Core Attack, 18 minutes. I was going to do Tai Cheng neural reboot but my dvd player froze up. I had to work to shut it down and turn it back on to get the disc out. So, I put in the Combat disc thinking I would do strength and stretch but somehow hit Core Attack and it would not let me out of it so I just did core attack. Hopefully I have better luck with it tomorrow. I do have a back up dvd payer but this one was a dvd, vhs recorder and I hate to lose it. My workout was 93 minutes.

Debbie, I am not a fan of supermans. They are so uncomfortable. I guess I just push to do them since I figure I must need them or something.

Roselyn, was wicked lower body weights or more cardio based?

Last edited:
Today I did Low Impact Challenge stopping at the stretch and adding the step and stretch from All Out Low Impact Hiit, 63 minutes, 368 calories. I then did P90X3 Pilates, 30 minutes, 77 calories.

No workout for me today, I had to be at work by 7 a.m. And my eating has been horrible because I had a seminar and they didn't have anything to eat except bagels. So tomorrow I need to get back on track. I will probably run to burn some calories.

Diane Sue - I hate supermans. They always irritate my upper back. Plus I really find no benefit in doing them.

Today I did Cardio Coach #2 - this is really a crappy workout. I did the warm-up twice and challenge 3 twice. I'm just not a big fan of this one, I only did it because I've done #1 and #3 over and over and the others were too long for today. I had a good workout, I just don't care for this one.

Workout was 42 minutes, ran 2.75 miles and burned about 320 calories.

My neck and shoulders are still sore from last week so I did Ripped With Hiit Lift it Hit it Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps Mix #2 no shoulder, 29 minutes. I really did not feel the upright rows and overhead presses would be a good idea. After this I did P90X3 Dynamix 30 minutes and Les Mills Combat Strength and Stretch 18 minutes. The stretching and mobility stuff felt good.
I was going over some stuff online on foam rolling and I think that maybe the t spine foam roll that they do on Tai Cheng is hurting instead of helping. I always read that you should not roll on joints and boney areas, and never on the neck. Anyway, that one move starts on the neck and moves down in one slow pass with arms overhead to below the shoulder blades and back. It really is uncomfortable.

Wow, only two more days in January. Doesn't seem possible

Today I did Xtrain Burn Sets - Bi's & Tri's and had an excellent workout. I also got on my treadmill and did a fast paced walk for 1 mile.

This is what I did:

BICEPS
Dumbbell Curls
- 15's - 2 sets 10 reps; 1 set 12 reps
Simultaneous Rotational Curls - 20's - 2 set 10 reps; 1 set 8 reps
Concentration Curls - 20# - 1 sets 10 reps; 15#- 1 set 10 reps; 1 set 12 reps
Hammer Curl Double Arm Crazy 8's - 12's - 24 reps

TRICEPS
Tricep Pushups
- 3 sets (Love to hate these, I really feel them)
Lying Tricep Extensions - 12's - 2 sets 10 reps; 3rd set 12 reps
One Arm Kickbacks - 10# - 2 sets 10 reps; 3rd set 14 reps
Dumbbell Overhead Tricep Extension w/Tube - Skipped

Yesterday I did Ripped With Hiit Plyo Hiit 1 mix 2 Extreme workouts 1 & 2 combined, 45 minutes, 381 calories. Avg Hearrate 148/ mx 175. I finished off with Ripped With Hiit Abs #1, 10 minutes, 48 calories. Total time was 55 minutes and calories burned 429.
Today I did P90X3 Isometrics with the Cold start warm up 43 minute's, Cathe, Pedal Power Premix timesaver #1, 40 minutes 9 miles, 304 calories, STS Extended Stretch, 15 mnutes. Total time, 98 minutes, 420 calories.

Debbie, nice work on the weights and walk..

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.