I need some support!

Missy Hiett

Cathlete
Hello all...I posted to checkins, but realize this might be a better place.

I'm starting Cathe again after 9 years. I gained 100 pounds since 2010. I'm divorced after 23 years of marriage.

I need help putting together rotations and having some support and encouragement. I hope someone can help!

Thanks!

I'm so sorry for all your troubles but I'm glad you're here. Dont give up, its a great start to get back your health and self!! Try checking out the "video and dvd rotations" thread. There's 1 titled "Candices beginner-ish" rotation. Might be a good place to start.

Last edited:
That's a good idea Tlc93 ! Missy the ladies here are awesome! Just give this thread time to be seen and I know some girls can help out with knowledge and encouragement.
I can only say I may confuse you more because I have and am on a weight loss journey that is a hard road at 45. I lost 75 pounds at 24 yrs old that was after having kids and I was always a big girl well I was short and fat. But I kept the weight off for a while but gained 50 back at age 35. And struggling to get it off now. When I lost it the first time it was good ol exercise and low fat eating... Veggies and fruit and lean proteins no fried foods. And I ate pasta all kinds and bread but today everyone says to stay away from that. So it is confusing. This is y I say hoping the other girls can give you some tips. Cathe says clean eating... No processed foods, and u know fruits and veggies. So I wish u all the best and please hang in there I can't wait to see your progress !!

I think that beginner's rotation is a great place to start. Whichever rotation you choose, make sure to work some strength component in there; it will be important for your journey. We are all here to support you; you can do this!!

Hi Missy,
First of all, welcome, and hugs and high fives for your commitment to feel better via fitness!
Once you get your footing with the beginner rotation, I think the Cathe Live workouts are fantastic. There folks of many ages, body types, and fitness levels in the class, and the workouts can generally be modified to fit your current fitness level. (Some, like the HIIT workouts, may be better to hold off on for a little while.)
If you don't have the DVDs in the beginner rotation, perhaps just get Cathe on Demand? Then you'll get all those beginner workouts (and all Cathe's workouts) as well as all the Cathe Live workouts.
I just saw that Tracy Anderson (who drives me crazy, but whatever) is doing a similar program to Live -- a weekly streaming in-club workout -- for $475 for 6 mos. That's highway robbery! On Demand (which includes Cathe Live) is $20/month.
You can do it! :D
Roz

Hi and welcome! You got some good advice here, I also highly recommend Jessica Smith workouts, they are fantastic. You can find them all on youtube. Or you can buy her dvd's or downloads. She also has a 50 % sale right now on all her walking dvd's and downloads. You burn a lot of cal and the workouts are only 30 min. I would recommend to start out slow.She does show modification on her high impact workouts. I used her workouts when I had a lot of injuries the last 1.5 year:D and couldn't do a Cathe workout. Jessica her intensity was perfect. Plus, I didn't needed to spent extra money on streaming or dvd's. I ended up buying her walking dvd's anyway:p Not sure, what Cathe dvd's do you have? Maybe we can help you to put a rotation together? Good luck and keep us posted.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.