Getting Our Licks In!

Worked on stuff for the gallery, had no time to workout. It will be long hrs. tomorrow as well.

Kathy Sis, Sounds like you are very busy too. I just couldn't tonight too. I have been doing only cardio and yoga. It works for just fine for now. At least until the new workouts come out. LOL

Cindy, Pilates and Wine together. What a cool combination, how was the balance? Hope you were able to sleep in and get your rest. Hope that bug finds a way out the door. You poor thing. Yoga might be just the thing you need. Wow Brodie is doing so well. I bet you are a very proud Mom. I think when it's time to work for a green belt, Brodie will continue to focus you will be proud again for him getting a green belt. Good for him.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Saturday started w/PiYo UB. Had a good workout but it left me feeling like I could've done something else. Sunday I did PiYo Sweat & it sure does live up to the name. Especially the power section. I definitely worked up a good sweat. Tomorrow its PiYo LB & I'll tack on something else. Probably Lean Legs & abs the floor work + the ab section.

Janie Sis: What things are you making for the Gallery?

Talk to everyone tomorrow!
Kathy

I did total body stretching on Friday--boy my body needed that. Yesterday, I was up and out running errands in the morning and then cleaned while watching college football in the afternoon--so no exercise. Did a couple hours in the yard this morning raking up leaves and clearing off our back deck, which is 3 levels and runs the length of our house. Came in and did X10 fat burning circuits then watched Pro football with my DH in the afternoon. I have a couple of hours of work in the morning at Quantico and then I'm off the rest of the week. DH has cataract surgery on his right eye on Tuesday which is good because right now he has one good eye (the left one) and one that is very blurry. He said this gives him a bit of a headache. Should be much better after Tuesday. I just hope I can keep all the drops straight for each eye.

Cindy: congratulations to Brodie for doing so well. He must really enjoy tae kwan doe. It's great that both of your older children have activities that they really love. I wonder what Lucas will be drawn to? Time will tell. High 5s to you on getting your licks in.

Janie: when you have a moment, please share your latest artistic exploits. You must be into something quite good.

Kathy: man, I need to cheat and go back to read your post but it's not on the page. I think you mentioned something about putting in some long days at the end of the work week. I hope you got a chance to relax and unwind this weekend.

I chatted with my breeder via FB-chat today. I'm going to go visit her and the goldens in early December. I will get to meet Seiko's puppies from her recent litter which I am very excited about. She is planning to do a back-to-back breeding on Seiko and to try with Miki again. She will also breed Twinkle if her last two clearances come back good to go. So potentially 3 litters this spring. Seiko got an invite to Eukanuba next month but she has totally blown her coat after having the pups, so they will not be going to Orlando for the show. Eukanuba is the only AKC-sponsored show and all dogs participating must be invited. Just getting the invitation is a HUGE accomplishment.

I hope everyone has a good beginning to this week of Thanksgiving.
Michelle

For the Gallery sales, I go to a friends house and we craft on projects like Christmas tree napkins, felted soap and dryer ball, bags for grocery shopping, coco drinks...my friend is ruthless. She wants to do even more and I'm going to have to tell her I'm done. LOL! Although I love doing crafts it's too hard to finish up the crafts we are doing in time for the Gallery. I offered to package them up! Lots of work ahead of me. LOL My Gosh, I thought I had it bad. LOL. It's fun though.

Kathy Sis, Great job on Sat for doing PyYo UB. An for Sun for PyYo Sweat. I've done this one and yes indeed it does live up to it's name!

Michelle, Great job on Total Body Stretching on Fri. For Sat. rest day from exercising and the many tasks you've done inside and out of the home and away from home. Although I don't see any rest in this at all! LOL! Great job on X10 as well. Aww nice that you have the rest of the week off. Hugs and prayers for hubby with his cataract surgery and recovery. I'm really missing my drawings. Smack in the middle of one and seem to not be able to get to it. But I will eventually. I'm excited for you to have your puppy this Spring. Sounds exciting especially from a great breeder and for you showing your new pup. And all things you need to to for the event, training...Can't wait for the stories to be told.

Take care,

Janie

Tonight I'll be doing PiYo Define: lower body + buns b/c the lower body workout is just meh from what I remember.

Michelle: Sounds like you'll have your pick from different litters this time around in spring. Good luck. Happy to hear that all went well for DH's eye surgery. What a relief. I'm working but only up until Wed. I have off Thurs. & Fri. That was quite a bit of raking leaves you did. That's a workout in itself.

Have a good day everyone!
Kathy

Last night was a pretty good workout but I must say I like PiYo Buns much more than the LB. I most likely will not be doing the LB one again. Why is it that there's always one in the set that isn't any good? Tonight will be PiYo Core.

Janie Sis: Those are some nice crafts that you made for the Gallery.

Michelle: Hope DH's cataract surgery went well.

Take care everyone,
Kathy

Had a post typed out and lost it so here's the shortened version!

Friday - Pilates & Wine - always fun to know you can sip some win if you just push through a little more!
Saturday - Off to watch the Montana football team rival game
Sunday - Athletic Training Upper Body w/ Brodie
Monday - X10 Cardio
Tonight - X10 STEP
Wed morning - PiYo Strength, we drive to the IL's on Wednesday after work
Thursday - Off
Friday - Back home and back to it with Christmas decorating mixed in
Saturday - Pilates class in the morning

Kathy - I agree PiYo LB is meh, just doesn't get me burning and I felt like it's more of a how to.

Janie - I hope you sell lots of crafts, they are so much fun to make.

Michelle - I can't wait for you to have a new pup in your arms, so exciting! I hope the cataract surgery went just as well this go-round.

Happy Thanksgiving and thanks ladies for being a great support!

Cindy

So, it feels like all I've done the past two days is go to the grocery store. I have one more grocery run first thing in the morning and then I'm handing grocery shopping back over to my DH. DH had his second cataract surgery today. Went fine. Now we have to put drops in both eyes and if I can keep the drop regime straight for each eye I'll be doing go. 5 weeks of eyedrops for each eye. The number of drops subsides over time but that's lots of weeks for eyedrops. The first week of drops is the most demanding. Good thing I am off this week. Did X10 Step today and 21-day fit 10 minute abs. I am now done with the X10 workouts. Think I'll do FlexTrain tomorrow; haven't done that one in a while.

Cindy: safe travels tomorrow to your ILs. Hope you enjoyed X10 Step this evening.

Kathy: it does seem that there is always at least one workout in a set that is the least favorite. How was PiYo Core this evening? Hope your commute is okay tomorrow. I'm looking foward to watching the Macy's Parade on Thanksgiving morning. Have you ever gone into Manhattan to see the parade?

Janie: you are a craft-making machine, my friend. I hope the sale goes well at the Gallery. Let us know.

Hi to Laura and sister who might be lurking.
Michelle

Last night was PiYo Core & I like this one a lot. You do standing & floor ab work w/quite a bit of pilates in this. But those side planks!!! I thought Chalene would never stop talking!!!! Kept thinking get on w/it already. Excellent workout. Tonight will be PiYo Strength & Intervals & that will be it until Friday. I'll try Drench on Friday to get rid of all those extra calories that I'm sure to consume. :)

Michelle: Good job on your X10 week. I don't believe I ever tried X10 Step. Glad to hear that DH's surgery went well but that has to be very trying for him w/all those eye drops. Thank goodness your home this week to take care of him. Are you traveling for Thanksgiving or are you hosting it at your house? I've never ventured into the city to see the parade. Too cold for me. I much prefer to watch it on tv while the turkey's cooking.

Cindy: That's some pilates class you do. Visualizing drinking wine while in a pilates move!! LOL Fun for sure. So cute that Brodie did AT w/you. Our football teams Jets & Giants are just plain pitiful. Not worth watching. Safe travels to your IL's today.

Janie Sis: Where are you traveling to for Thanksgiving or are you hosting it this year? Did you finish up all the crafts & packaging?

Happy Thanksgiving everyone & also to Renee & Laura,
Kathy

So, another busy day. I thought I was supposed to be on vacation--LOL! So, I've developed an inability to "sleep in." It stinks. Sleeping in for me means sleeping untile 6:30 or 7 am. Then I'm up and rolling. Today--one more trip to the grocery store to buy a couple of last minute items. Fortunately, the grocery stores (yes, I went to 2) were pretty much empty at 7:45 am this morning. Next I did Flex Train--a workout which I always enjoy. Not sure what I'll do tomorrow, probably a straight cardio. Then back to the opthalmologist for DH's follow-up appointment. The second cataract procedure went well but he is having some fluid build-up in the right eye so the doc drained the fluid (don't ask me how) and he has yet another container of eyedrops to add to his repetoire. Brought DH home and then I went back to town to get my hair done. Finally got back home (for good) at 7:45 pm. Tomorrow I'm not going anywhere except maybe for a walk around the neighborhood. DH's son and DIL are coming over for dinner. We are doing prime rib, baked potatoes, asparagus, and salad. Keeping it SIMPLE. No prepping all day today which I could not have done anyway and then cooking all day tomorrow.

Kathy: I'll join you couch-side tomorrow for the parade and don't forget the dog show afterwards. Nothing like a good core workout out. If you have x10 and need a week of "quick" workouts, it's a good dvd. If you just do one at a time, they are under 30 minutes and provide a good mix of cardio and muscle endurance.

Safe travels to Cindy today and to Janie who I think may also be travelling.
Michelle

Hi Michelle!

Turkey's in the oven & will make the cornbread stuffing in a bit. Keeping it simple too. Biscuits & cheesy smashed potatoes from Rachel Ray & buttered green beans. That's it. DS wanted those potatoes & stuffing. Changed things up this year. Planning on doing PiYo Drench tomorrow to work off all those extra calories.

Enjoy your day w/the family & also to Cindy & Janie!

Kathy

Happy Thanksgiving to my workout friends. Watched the Macy's Parade this morning up through the Rockets performance, then did Athletic Step. Watching the Philadelphia Kennel Club National Dog Show. Loved the golden--Forever's All Jacked Up, callname Whiskey--beautiful dog from Wisconsin, was awarded 3rd in Group. They are showing the second day of the show on TV however Whiskey won the Sporting Group on the first day of the show. After BIS, we will switch to football.
Michelle

Had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Hope you all did as well. Can't wait to get started again on my exercising. It's truly been to long. We're leaving Shelton and going back to the Beach House for a couple of weeks while the Gallery is opened and then will come back to Shelton until March. Tonight I will do a workout and come back to post it. Read all your posts and seems you all are doing well and feeling happy. All is well.

Love you guys,

Janie

Did the Back, Chest, and Shoulder work from Cross Train Express Upper Body Split plus Ab Hits workout 1. Puttered around the house today getting odds and ends done and did a little Christmas shopping.

Janie: so happy you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Looking forward to reading what your workout was today.

Hello to the rest of the gang.
Michelle

Did yoga tonight. Yes!

Michelle, Great job on Back, Chest and Shoulder from Cross Train Express UBS and Abs 1. Wow. I'll be doing yoga and cardio until the new DVD's come out. Then will change it up a lot. That's the plan anyways.

Had a wonderful Thanksgiving too. Friday I did PiYo Drench & this is another one that lives up to its name. This incorporated every single move that's on all the other dvds. I could have saved myself all this $$ & just purchased one workout. I believe Chalene wants everyone to work up to this workout. Today will do Body Beast Total Body workout as I haven't done this one yet.

Michelle: I too watched the parade in between cooking. Glad you enjoyed the dog show. I got involved w/The Blacklist show & am now addicted to it.

Janie Sis: Glad you enjoyed your Thanksgiving too.

Kathy

PS: Trying to be patient waiting for the new dvds.

Today was a 2 hour walk on Wash -a- way beach. Mostly took pictures and walked fast in-between photos. Rolly came along as well. LOL;) So much destruction this year.

Kathy Sis, Great job on PyYo Drench and being drenched. I want the new DVD's now also. LOL

Take care,

Janie

Did the Timesaver 1 workout from Cathe's Greatest Hits-step-volumen 1 dvd. This workout combines SJP, one step combo from BM2, one drill and blast from Drill Max, and IMAX 2 intervals 7-10--and omits the finished product from Athletic Step. I'm not sure how I would have gotten through the AS portion--I was majorly huffing and puffing by the end of the plie jack blast from interval 9 of IMAX2--Thank goodness the 10 interval and blast are not as intense as the plie jack blast.

Kathy: good job on Plyo Drench. I'm wondering: could you really have purchased just the one dvd? I'm thinking probably not but I have to ask. Beachbody seems to sell things as packages vice single dvds. Correct me if I am wrong in this. I'm hoping we get our new Cathe workouts by Christmas then sister and I can try some of them out together when I visit my family after Christmas.

Janie: yoga until the new dvds sounds like a great idea. I'm thinking I am going to start adding one day of yoga to exercise each week. I really do feel better when I do that. I say the pictures that you took of wash-a-way beach and posted on FB. Very sad for those who have lost their homes.

Hi to Cindy. Hope you are back home safe and sound from your Thanksgiving travels.
Michelle

It was a beautiful crispy day and rode a bike to visit one of my friends. We had coffee and a good time. Then rode my back home again. My legs now have DOM's. Yea!

Michelle,Great job on Timesaver 1 and for this mornings SJP, one step combo from BM2, a drill and blast from Drill Max and IMAX2 intervals 7-10 and the omission of finished product from AS. What a workout! I bet you were spent after that one. Great Job! I think your plan for doing a yoga practice once a week is a good one. I feel a big difference in doing them.

Take care,

Janie

We had a great Thanksgiving and stayed active. Wednesday night I got to push the van after trying to hack out snow on the road so we could get traction going up a hill, that had me sweating! Thursday was snowy and beautiful so we made snowmen, I ran while pulling the kids on the sled, and then we pulled the kids around behind the truck. It was perfection. Warm temps hit and the snow went away but we had a nice dinner (100% gluten free but we didn't point that out since some people get annoyed) with family then headed home Friday and put Christmas decorations up. Saturday I went to Pilates and she gave us a brutal workout (I'm still sore) then I took the kids to the Children's Museum, did some baking and shoveled snow twice (got cold again). Yesterday I made a turkey dinner so we could have leftovers and Lily and I snuck away for a pedicure. Lily also lost her first tooth last night so that was big time at the house, she was so proud.

I haven't decided yet what to do tonight, I need some cardio so either Tabatacise or a Hiit will be on the docket! I'm also going to get focused again on eating clean!

Janie - Sounds like you're getting a lot of miles in, nice to be able to get out :)

Michelle - I hate having to go to multiple stores for things especially when they're busy! Great job staying active over the Holiday!

Kathy - PiYo Drench is a good one, true to it's name! I'm so anxious for the DVD's also especially since the update has me waiting another week in my head, but at least it will be here before Christmas!

Cindy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.