STS first time!

I agree Carolyn take it easy. Your walks sound nice. I did an premix of yoga relax....felt nice to stretch.

Betty Sounds like a fun evening. I heard that movie is good. 3 hours is SO long though!!!

Yup it was definitely the stomach flu. Thank goodness not respiratory!!!

B's nap never happened so we decided it was not a good idea to bring him to the sitter's. I went to the bday dinner and now dh is out for drinks with them. That means night for my self. Just finished clipping coupons and now going to watch Parenthood :)

Carolyn I'm sure you'll be able to lift weights eventually.You're so healthy you'll heal in time. Frustrating in the meantime though.

Lazy morning over here. Dh is cutting b's hair.

Thinking about an easy workout today. CSS maybe. Trying to think of an easy one I can do with b while dh watches the game.

It's 50 out today. I should break the flip flops back out. Maybe I'll walk for my workout.

Oh I LOVE those pillows! So fun and colorful. Yay for the sale :)

Dh made smoothies for us all. Yum :)

Finished my plank challenge for today. 2m20s. Must go to the basement.

Hi friends. I just came inside after 10 mins of clipping some dead branches. It is so mild out! I went out with fleece under a hooded head! Crazy nice. The sun is so weak though. Here I am craving more hours on the weekend so I can do all my stuff in daylight, and what do I do?? We slept till nearly 11!:confused:
I have a load of laundry going, and now I'm going to do some "work" work while dh watches the Pats while cleaning the pellet stove. After I check in with you ladies first, of course.

Marie, congrats on ridding the stomach flu so fast! The smoothie is just the thing for you. And awesome on the plank challenge!
You're a nurse, so tell me, is it ok to be near people so soon after your stomach flu? I'm ever the germaphobe, so I'd be looking askance at you!:D

Carolyn, the pillows are gorgeous! Nice bahgain.

Ok, the yoga workshop the other night was soooo relaxing. In a super dim room with low soothing background music we did all floor, gentle, relaxing, and yin poses, though none as taxing as Travis'. The Reiki (Japanese holistic) expert went around the room and did her thing. (We wrote on index cards what issues we wanted addressed, if any.) I think she only allotted 2 mins per person; there were 18 of us and she still ran over the time. I had no ideas, so I had written her example of knees she gave when she first greeted us. God knows why I didn't think of my bilateral frozen shoulders! When she came over, my eyes were closed, and I kept them closed. Interestingly enough, her touch was so light it didn't feel like a physical touch. But I knew immediately she was on me. My knees felt this warmth on the caps--not the lukewarm warmth you would feel if you rubbed your hands together and put them on your knees. It was much warmer than that. It was a neat experience, though I don't think my knees have improved:D. This woman is a channel or conduit for life energy. Imagine an hour with her?!

Better go....

Betty Your yoga workshop sounds SO nice!!! Awwww I would have loved to have gone with you!!!

So I learned three days without symptoms you're usually good to go....BUT certain viruses can stay in the body up to two weeks. Eek! I'm feeling way better today...stomach is a little rough but that's it.

I did CSS and it felt amazing! On Monday it would have been two weeks without a workout. What the heck is going on with me?! Regardless I'm back at it.

Sushi with the family at 3:30. Not sure I'll be going all out. Usually I love some raw fish but not today.

Cross your fingers the little dude naps. Quiet time with books right now. He's been in his room about a half hr. Not making a peep!

Good evening....so today was pretty restful....its been raining all day....then Tim and I went outside to check on our kitties....and thank god Tim went with me....the stairs was really slick....and I slipped and feel down the stairs....I was so scared to move.... I landed on my back and my left arm is hurting....nothing is broke....but I hurt....I have a huge knot on my arm where I landed on it....errrrr.....Tim said I will prob be hurting later tonight and tomorrow....he said I went flying.....

Always something!!!!

I'm now making chicken quesidilla....new recipe....

I had a long post typed and we lost power about 45 min ago....so I will be back for more after dinner.

Oh Missy! Sorry you're hurt! I hope you feel better soon! Ice the arm. Crazy weather you're having.

Marie, I hope B napped for you.;). Can you just picture how cute he must be in there all by himself flipping pages!?

Hello again.....I'm just accident waiting to happen.....

Ointb.....is so addicting....I am waiting for season 3..... just loved it!

Jean....that's so true about church people....u and me both feel the same way!

Carolyn....gotta love Seinfeld....that show was the best.....

I'm laying in bed....watching Christmas movies with Mr boots!!!! I have knots on both arms....but my left shoulder hurts.....that's the arm I tried to catch myself with....errrr!!!!!

Is Paula's Choice pyramid stuff? I've never heard of it.
Dh was noncommittal when I asked if he'll continue with Orange. (That spelling looks strange.)
Funny, I placed an order with shuuemura.com. They had 25% off with free shipping and one free sample. It's pricey but I need mascara and eyeliner that is waterproof. I'm so tired of the stuff running and giving me raccoon eyes. I'm taking a big risk since I've never tried the stuff, but it's a Japanese brand (the eyelash curler was a huge sensation years ago), and supposedly high quality. I could return by mail minus my postage cost, and since I go to the post office so often....:D
I was disgusted that I slept so late! I typically like to wake around 9-9:30 on weekends.
I went to yoga with my sis and a friend; this friend invited us to a yoga session in the spring.
Today, I put in hours for both jobs! For the plumbing place, I tested and summarized a system revision going live tomorrow (eek), and for my PA job, I am transcribing the Skype conversation the other day--it is not easy! I've done about 8 mins and it has taken me over 1.5 hrs! Listen, pause, type. Repeat!
Good night, all!

Good morning....I'm up and sore....but I'm cycling....its wet once again....lots of showers coming....today and tomorrow....

I'm ready for wedneaday at noon....cause we are getting ofd at noon wednesday amd don't go back untill monday....a nice long weekend is just what I need!!! Yipeeee!!! but getting to wrdnesday at noon is the problem....we will be swamped.....oh my.....

Betty...I hope you get a nice break from work this weekend too!

Good morning! It's super dark and raining. Soaked windows! Mild though, supposedly.
I cranked out XT CLB with BS Bis. Me knees no likey all that jumping.

Missy, oddly, it is a perverse law of the universe that if there's a long weekend or holiday, people need the doctors more. I have experienced it myself. More power to you this week!
Wednesday before the Thanksgiving holiday is the best day ever!!! I am definitely taking Friday off.

Carolyn, the new system at the plumbing place is live today and I didn't want to go in cold without seeing what to expect. As for the other job, I am able to do this particular task at home, and not there, so that's a bonus to me.

Mary, I hope you survived the weekend, and enjoy a short, quiet week at work.

Colleen, I hope you've recuperated and are feeling yourself.

I haven't done my Thanksgiving food shopping yet! Eek.
Have a great day, all!

Quick check in to say I did tabata...Oh my that's hard! Felt good though. Ds entertains me during it which helps.

A bit of snow on the ground over here.

Be back later :)

Hi gals, it was humid and misty, in the low 60s. Crazy! Jean, I cannot believe you guys had 75 degrees. Jealous.
Yikes on the ebola info! I bet it's very interesting! Just the thing to stoke my germ paranoia.
Marie, is B corralled when you are jumping around with Cathe? Else it's distracting and I'd worry about stepping on him or tripping...
Carolyn, when you own your own business, you never have any time off. The plumbing business will be in full swing on Friday.
I worked till past 2, then ran to Costco and WF. Tonight is the supermkt.
Better cook up the leftovers and clear the fridge out.

The market was full of tantalizing cookies, cupcakes, ice cream.... They were all calling my name! So I came home and indulged in half a Klondike bar, and one Tj's maple cookie. It did the trick. Oink.

Wednesday we expect a snowstorm! Ridiculous! Tomorrow will be near 60! Insane!
You have to drill a hole for the nub? I figured glue-on!
Sleep well, friends.

Good morning. Going in slow motion because it's darkish. By sharing the Klondike bar with dh, I likely gave him a migraine:confused:. Sometimes he has a reaction to chocolate, sometimes not.
Carolyn, enjoy your appt! Good luck at the mkt.
Long day at work today. Have a great one.

Good afternoon friends....its soggy here....its been raining nonstop since saturday aftwrnoon.... its auppose to continue till tomorrow sometime in the am.... the temps are dropping a bit.... itain the 50s and yucky wet....brrrr

I feel much better today.....just a bit sore....but planning on doing a cathe workout tonight....yeah!!!

I'm at work and its absolutely crazy!!!! Will be back in a bit!

Ooh, what will you bake? I'm making an apple crisp; and a cranberry grape compote & stuffed mushrooms.
How fun Sam's sounded!!! I've not experienced that.
My hair grows fast normally, but I feel like the Hydraplenish hurries it along.
The snow is going to cramp my plans to meet up with a CA visitor tomorrow.
I worked till 4:30. Today got up to 60.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.