Looking for Body Bulding Rotation

Laura E K

Hello, could anyone help me please.?....can't find the Body Building rotation that Cathe created for a Cathlete a while ago....had saved it on favorites but with the new forums and all now it seems like it is gone.
Really appreciated if you could help me find it.
TIA.

Hello Stacy, I appreciate your help and will have to save it on my favorites too, although this is not the one... that other rotation had the Four Day Split, STS, and Shock Cardio combined with the Gym Styles series but would love to have the rotation as it was....but maybe someone else will chime in...I did this rotation and it lasted nine months and enjoyed it and got great results would like to share it with my best friend as she'd like to compete for next year.

Thank you so much.

Laura, here's my edited version:

36 Week
ROTATION FOR BODY BUILDING - CATHE

Weeks 1-14

Do STS in its entirety.

Week 15

Take one week off.

Weeks 16-19

Do Gym Styles for one month.

Weeks 20-21

Do the low impact series for two weeks.

Weeks 22-25

Do Four Day Split for one month.

Weeks 26-27

Do Shock Cardio Series for two weeks.

Weeks 28-36

Do STS Meso two and Meso three.

All the while eat a super clean diet. I tweak the Paleo diet to suit my needs. But basically eat very lean, natural, non processed foods, lots of dark green veggies, brown rice, sweet potatoes, quinoa, healthy fruits in small portions, fish, poultry, etc. Water and green tea are my main source of liquids. I throw in some organic 100% pure tart cherry juice for my joints and a great source of antioxidants too.

Hello bzbnmom, I'm so happy you found it ...have been looking for it and I had lost hope of ever finding it again.....I could have given my friend the rotation based on my memory and the videos that Cathe suggests we use, but did not remember exactly in the order they were supposed to go,,, I did this rotation last year and it took me a while to complete it but the results were astounding and when my friend saw the results; she wanted to do it as well, my search is over now... I'd like to thank all of you that wanted to help me out and took the time to post it out on the board
Thank you.

I'm the gal who Cathe gave this bodybuilding rotation to. bzbnmom nailed it and beautifully.

Here is what Cathe gave to me.

Do STS in its entirety.
Take one week off.
Do Gym Styles for one month!
Do the low impact series for two weeks.
Do Four Day Split for one month.
Do Shock Cardio Series for two weeks
Do STS Meso two and Meso three
All the while eat a super clean diet. I tweak the Paleo diet to suit my needs. But basically eat very lean lean, natural, non processed foods, lots of dark green veggies, brown rice, sweet potatoes, quinoa, healthy fruits in small portions, fish, poultry, etc. Water, green tea are my main source of liquids. I throw in some organic 100% pure tart cherry juice for my joints and a great source of antioxidants too.
"

There has been a lot of interest in this rotation because IT WORKS! Hope someone can pin it somewhere so it will never get lost again.

There is also an updated version using newer DVD's by Cathe's suggestion. I saw it but lost where to find it since the update on the site. Anyone know what I'm talking about? If you do, please post it here.

Enjoy,

Janie

Last edited:
Hi Janie,
What did you do during your Gym Styles month? Did you just do the three GS's once a week + cardio, or did you do other strength training in there, too? I was thinking about adding in a total body day once a week. With STS I always wanted a little more weights per week.
(I just finished STS and am thinking of continuing with this rotation -- though I know I'll move to the new workouts when they're released.)
Thanks!

MomInVT, I did the 3 GS's once a week + cardio. I wouldn't blame you changing to the new DVD's once they are in our hot little hands. LOL I'm going to too!

BTW everyone, I found a copy of the "Update on Bodybuilding Rotation". I'll type it out just in case anyone else might want it.

Update on Bodybuilding Rotation

Quest 1) You can do STS as many times as you like because each time you will most likely be a little stronger with it. I would say after you do it a second time to take tree to four weeks off and do an entirely different type of program to let your muscles recover/strengthen from the STS approach plus shock you metabolism by throwing a whole new training approach at them. For example, you can switch to Xtrain series for two weeks and 4 day split for two weeks before doing STS again (if desired).

Quest 2) Yes, you could incorporate the Xtrain strength workouts into this rotation. Cardio Leg Blast is similar in training method to Plyo Legs from STS and Burnsets is traditional weight lifting. The other two strength workouts in XTRAIN (chest/back/shoulders and Bi's tri's) are not as traditional & intensly focused on a specific muscle group as burn sets. I would stick to Xtrain Burn Sets and Xtrain Cardio Leg Blast and Xtrain Legs for this rotation.

So hope this helps everyone, it certainly does for me.

Enjoy and hope you get to where you want to be in health and fitness,

Janie

Hi Janie,
Thanks so much for this update on the rotation.
Yup, I definitely won't be able to delay gratification once RWH arrives, but I believe I read in the description of Lift It Hit It that it's like Burn Sets with higher intensity -- so sounds like the new videos will still be within the parameters of this rotation.
I'll be starting my Gym Styles month on Tuesday, and I'm thinking I'll cycle through this for four weeks. I'm interested to hear your feedback (or anyone else's) based on your experience:

Day 1: GS Legs OR Hardcore Extreme Interval + Legs (alternating weeks)
Day 2: GS Chest/Tris
Day 3: Cardio Leg Blast OR STS Plyo Legs (alternating weeks)
Day 4: GS Back/Shoulders/Bis
Day 5: Longer Interval/HiiT cardio (e.g., Tabatacize, IMAXes, All Out Low Impact, etc.)
Day 6: Total Body (perhaps Muscle Max and STS Total Body alternating weeks)
Day 7: OFF

I will likely add an X10 segment here or an abs segment there, but I never know in advance when I'll have the extra time...
And honestly with all the lower body work, I'm not sure I'll need more cardio... Thoughts?
Thanks again,
Roz

Roz, I love the update on the Body Building Rotation. And I agree, if the new DVD's are like Burn Sets, it will be adaptable as well to use them here. I can't wait! LOL! Enjoy the Gym Styles for four weeks with a X10 segments and ab segments here and there.

Janie

Janie and Roz,

This looks great! I got so much benefit from the September rotation that I'm repeating it this month with a few changes. I think I'll start yours for November. Maybe it will get me ready for the RWH! Thanks for posting this!

Susan

If you mean the Gym Styles rotation, I'm loving it! I forgot how tough those workouts are. Whew!
When I wrote this up, I was thinking that Hardcore Extreme Intervals + Legs was Imax 3 intervals alternating with lower body weight work (hadn't done it in a while) but was mistaken -- it's Imax 3 intervals with some of the drills from Kick Max. So for me, I'm just going to stick with GS Legs every week on Day 1.
Yes, I was sort of thinking of it as a lead-up-to-RWH rotation.
Just looked at the September rotation -- it does look good! Enjoy!
Roz

I really like the looks of this rotation. I would add the Burn Sets (love it!). I am also wanting to incorporate Pyramids and Slow and Heavy, and at times Muscle Max. Would this defeat the rotation? Though I have LIS, I've never done it. What would two weeks of LIS look like?

Thx!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.