- About zippity
- Where I Live
- Alabama ,USA
- Where I work out most often
- Why I love doing Cathe Workouts
- They work!
- How I found out about Cathe Workouts
- Fit TV
- When I began doing Cathe Workouts
- January, 2011
- running, weight training, bodyweight training, yoga,
- small business owner
- My Success Story
- I've been an "athlete" all my life...don't know any other way to live, really...
I'm 48, married 20 years with two children, 17 and 7. I did ballet and ice skating as a child, was a gymnast in high school, and took up running in my early 20's. I cannot remember a time when I didn't work out-even ballet as a child was four days a week, often two hours per day.
I was diagnosed with Young Onset Parkinson's Disease in my mid 30's, but I kind of try to "ignore" it as much as possible. No meds; I make sure to rest when I need to, exercise regularly, get sunshine whenever possible, and eat healthy, organic food. This year I had a few setbacks; persistent anemia and a broken wrist. The anemia happened first, which pretty much shut down the running-can't run if you can't breathe! So, I started lifting weights and doing a lot of cross-training. Made a lot of progress, then I fell over my son's bike on the front sidewalk and fractured my wrist-so, no weight training for two months. I'm bac