@DAILY CHECK IN Wednesday January 11th @

Calico

Cathlete
Hi gals,

Today I did a 42 minute circuit at the gym before my class. 10 minutes on the stair machine, 10 minutes of weight work, then 12 minutes on the elliptical and then 10 minutes of weight work including abs leading up to teaching a 50 minute aerobic circuit class to 5 ladies including a new lady who is 79 years old. Honestly, for her first time she didn't do too bad. She was unstable on her legs so we got her a chair to hold onto for stability.

She later told me that she just joined the gym and will be 80 in March.

Have a great day!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hi ladies,

Good job on getting more ladies to do your class! Hope they keep going.

I gave two basketball trainings this afternoon, joining in with several drills in the second one, also playing 3 on 3, so secretly getting a li'l w/o in at the same time.

Tonight I did S&S Bootcamp. Did not love it... I burnt less than 300 cals despite feeling like I was dying, and my HR didn't even peak. Not sure why I wasn't feeling it at all... Bad choice. Music didn't help either. I have also decided, I don't mind barbells for lifting regular style, but for compound it is not my thing. Overall, I think I prefer cardio w/o's or pure strength instead of Bootcamp & MTB.

Maybe I will return to it in some months... Enough others to do before I try again. I counted my Cathe dvds yesterday. My son guessed I had 50, but I actually only have 44. I also own 22 KCM and 2 more on the way... And countless other trainers. Wasn't planning on counting them all. Maybe one day when I get real organized I will make an inventory and start keeping better track of what I think of them, ratings and weights used etc.

Have a good night.

What is also funny, is one of my newer ladies, keeps coming back because she loves my music [emoji2]. Half the time she is singing along. All my music is 60's and 70's favorites. So far there is only one cd she didn't like.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hey, that's great Annette! :) Inspiring, indeed. For (mainly) cardio workouts, music makes such a difference doesn't it? It's the same with going to a coffee bar too right? If the music isn't right (too loud - cannot hear one another) or not the right groove & tempo, the coffee doesn't taste as good. lol. Anyway, sounds like your class is bringing all the gals to the yard! ;)

Great workouts today ladies .....Henriette, S&S is intense to "get back with" I think. For me as well. I am not getting right into a rotation at this time. So far I have tried BootCamp which I really liked and Cardio Slam which isn't for me I think. Cardio Slam ought to be called Cardio Jump Everywhere, IMO. Has it's place for most people I think!! :)

Busy day & hope to get in a workout tonight when I check-in later!! Catch up with you all then.

Checking in this evening...I just finished 2 short blender workouts, 16 min. Strong & Sweaty Chest, Triceps &
Shoulders and 16 min. RWH Legs & Abs. Both great, if I do say so myself. :). Hope everyone is doing good.
Annette, that is some of my favorite music, 60s & 70s....music I basically grew up to.. I can remember a local
Radio station used to play that music every night and there were times we could call in and request a certain song
And have it dedicated to someone, like boyfriend,etc. My girlfriends and I used to do that all the time...they would
Announce it on the air, it was so much fun, "them was the good ole days...:)

Excellent workouts Linda! I am looking forward to trying out the pure strength stuff from S&S.
That's a sweet story! Ahh, radio is pretty much dead. :( I remember doing those things as well. In the late 80's & 90's for me. I have always LOVED the 70's rock music though! Some of the best.
I've been up all this night with (monthly) cramps, so no workout. Probably will not be tomorrow either ......so hope to see you all again on Friday! :)

Hi Everyone,

I meant to check in yesterday as I did work out. I did another Mike D workout - 30 minutes + Cathe blender mix of edt bis/shoulders. Busy day yesterday. Glad to see us all checking in!

Henriette - I really enjoyed bootcamp - sorry you did not. Maybe if you try a premix?
Elsie - all I listen to is the radio! we have never had a tv on our main floor so we have always listened to the radio in our house. the kids cannot stand the station I listen to (classical) but... that'a what is on. I also listen to the radio in the car (or audio-book) and at my desk. But I think you are right - people play their own music now through various methods - my kids and DH use spotify. And - my two DD's both use record players - in thing! so they are listening to LP's again. LP stores are popping up all over toronto.
Linda - I have to check out more of your workouts on WB
Annette - I love the same era of music too - and - sometimes I listen to music from the 50s with my MIL on a saturday afternoon on CBC

Have a good day everyone. Now I have to figure out what I am doing this morning!

Linda - I have to check out more of your workouts on WB

Hey Ceci, I don't put all of my workouts into the share section, not that I don't want to share, but I have so many, I forget to take the time
to do it ! In the last 3 days, I have blended 25 more !!! What I did was made up a bunch of 16 min. ones, 16 min. Chest, Triceps, & Shoulders,
16 min. Back, Biceps & Shoulders, 16 min. Legs & Abs, 16 min Cardio & 16 min. Compound Workout. These came from 5 series, Strong & Sweaty,
Ice, Ripped w/Hit, X-train & LIS (low impact series) So, 5 series' and 5 workouts equals 25 workouts, all 16 min. give or take seconds either way,
although some of them came out to exactly 16 min, that's hard to do. I did this because a lot of times during the week, I just don't have the
time to workout more than 15-20 or 30 min. So, this way, I can either do a single workout, or do 2 (like I did last evening) and get different
body parts. My next will be Back, Biceps & Shoulders from Ice and then Cardio from Xtrain, and Compound from LIS. That will complete
1 round of five and then I'll start over with them, starting first with Ice and go down the list, not doing any of the ones I did in the first round.
Sounds a little complicated, but really isn't. Keeps things different....on weekends, then I can focus on longer ones and/or CatheLive.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.