Swapping Xtrain workout order - which shouldn't be consecutive?

rampantglo

Hi Cathe, or whoever can help me with this. First, I adore the Xtrain series. I hadn't been working out for much of 2012, so my New Year's resolution and the arrival of the Xtrain series coincided perfectly. I am improving each week and I look forward to working out each day.

I am currently on week 5 of the 90 day undulating workout, and I'm trying to swap a couple workouts to fit my schedule. I need shorter workouts on Saturday, so originally I was going to swap Friday's Hard Strikes for Saturday's Super Cuts but I realized that put Tabatacise (with core in the premix) back to back with Super Cuts (with core in the premix). So, since I don't want to work my abs on consecutive days, I was planning on swapping Super Cuts and Tabatacise - that way I get the short (but intense) workout on Saturday. The only problem is, that puts Super Cuts the day after Bis and Tris -- is that okay? It looks like Super Cuts uses lighter weights, but I'm not sure if it should follow a heavy weight workout. If that's not a good idea, does anyone have any ideas on how to switch these workouts to fit my schedule? I'd like to keep the workouts that are scheduled for week 5; I just want to change the order if possible.

Thanks so much!

me too

I too have had swap workouts around. I'm also doing the 90d undulating program I work 3 twelve hour night shifts (6p-6a-as an ER nurse) tues, wed, thurs. So I compact all my workouts on my 4 days off. I'm hoping that switching the order around doesn't affect the purpose or results of the program.
thanks cathe in advance for any help/answers!
By the way I LOVE LOVE LOVE xtrain.

I need shorter workouts on Saturday, so originally I was going to swap Friday's Hard Strikes for Saturday's Super Cuts but I realized that put Tabatacise (with core in the premix) back to back with Super Cuts (with core in the premix). So, since I don't want to work my abs on consecutive days, I was planning on swapping Super Cuts and Tabatacise - that way I get the short (but intense) workout on Saturday. The only problem is, that puts Super Cuts the day after Bis and Tris -- is that okay? It looks like Super Cuts uses lighter weights, but I'm not sure if it should follow a heavy weight workout. If that's not a good idea, does anyone have any ideas on how to switch these workouts to fit my schedule? I'd like to keep the workouts that are scheduled for week 5; I just want to change the order if possible.

Thanks so much!

Supercuts can go back to back with tabatacize, just take the core workout out from one of those workouts. No sweat. Supercuts is not about muscle training for the upper body as such, really about increasing stamina and raising metabolism, so you could do weight training the next day. Or do the weight training first, then Supercuts the following day. Actually, supercuts after Bis and Tris should be just fine. Then, the core workout you took out? Stick it in the following day.

There are loads of ways to make these workouts fit your time available.

I wouldn't do Cardio Leg Blast and the legs weight training workout back to back. No-one would recommend that. At least a day od something else in between, preferably 2 days. You could do CLB, then All Out Low Impact HiiT, then weights for upper body, then leg weight training, then more upper body weights, then tabaticise, then Supercuts, for example.

Clare

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.