My Spin Bike Workout Research, plus Tribute to Coach Sean

wake up eager

Cathlete
I'm somewhat hesitant to post this here as I don't want to be self -serving...

...but since so many of us here are getting spin bikes, looking for spin workouts AND so many of us loved Cardio Coach Sean O'Malley... I decided to go ahead.

This is an article from my blog (I write about 5 Habits for Wake Up Eager Leaders and Sales Pros)---it's an overview of my spin bike workout research and includes a tribute to Cardio Coach Sean.

I will only feel half-way okay about sharing this with you if you 1st) know that there are affiliate links in my articles & 2) PLEASE DO NOT click on the affilitate links in my article----but go straight to Cardio Coach or to Cathe's site. Those affiliate links are for my every day audience, people who are more than likely NOT in Cathe's forum.

Here's the links:

Remember - DO NOT click on the affiliate links in these articles... I don't want this to be a promo of my business, I just want to share the research and my love for Cardio Coach and Coach Sean. (He was an amazing Coach...)

That is a wonderful tribute to Coach Sean, I know what I'm doing for my workout this morning. I left a note on your site, and bookmarked it, it very inspiring and would like to spend more time reading there.

Hi Suzy

Thanks for posting, I enjoyed reading the articles at your blog.

It is timely, too, as this morning when I woke up I said, "I'm mad at you Sean O'Malley." I haven't gone for a run since his death. Your articles inspired me to put aside my grief and anger, and re-engage.

Have you tried CC#7 yet ? It seems perfectly suited for spinning, it starts out with a 20 minute hill/sprint interval.

Also, check out the Sufferfest downloads. Cycling training videos - The Sufferfest They are a fun diversion.

BTW, after much research I bought the Schwinn AC Performance, which was modeled after the Keiser. Enjoy your bike!

:D

Hi Suzy,
Great article. Did you try other spin bikes out? I have been looking, not much recently for a new spin bike with a computer. I was looking really hard and a lot last year but then came away with nothing. I do have spin bike at home which works fine so I didn't look much more after that.

Your bike looks awesome. But wondering if you tried others out and your opinions.

Thanks
Rhonda

Dirt Diva, Thanks for the note on my Site---I responded there too. Coach Sean WAS most certainly an "Angel Coach" - appreciate the bookmark, too!:):):)

Janis, Thanks for the intro to Sufferfest---had never seen that before. I looked at one clip and it seems like the music was good (they don't talk throughout, do they?) and being able to "virtually ride along with Champions IS a cool concept. Thanks for sharing that! I did CC#8 recently - on my bike, worked REALLY great. Will do #7 next. Take Care.

Rhonda-I've ridden other bikes in spin classes at the gym. Did NOT ride a Keiser M3+ before I bought---risky huh? I read all those reviews on Amazon, talked with a Keiser Rep, talked to the folks who do the ProForm Tour deForce Bike (it looks cool, too), read a BUNCH of reviews and watched several YouTube videos... (lots of negative chatter about Tour de Force Bike-----almost no negative chatter about Keiser...)

What I love about the Keiser Bike:

• smooth, smooth, smooth.
  • LOVE the way you add tension---with an EASY little lever that you push up or down (don't have to crank a knob, just lightly tap the lever up and down---completely cool).
  • Purdue engineer grad, engineer career husband was extremely impressed with engineering of it.
  • I think it's pretty
  • Small footprint and lightest weight --- compared to others- so easy to move @
  • Engineer husband was out of town when it arrived - impatient and completely NON-mechanical-ME put it together. Amazing. I did it and nothing's fallen off (yet!) SOOOO easy to do, apparently that's because it's so well-engineered.
  • Some complaints online about non-moveable handlebars. Seems to be an issue only for the rather-short people or very-tall people. I'm sorta on the short-side, so I ordered the M3+ ---which is the newest bike, with movable handlebars.
  • Did I already mention how smoothe the ride is and how easy it is to use and how PRETTY and sleek it is?
Hope this helps! (btw, just so you know, I'm going to post these details in a comment on my blog page....may be helpful to other readers there... will use your question @ whether I tried others, but will not use your name...just wanted you to know...)

All the Best - AND once again R.I.P. Coach Sean....

Downloaded my 1st Sufferfest last night - A Dark Place. Did it this morning. Loved it!!!

Thanks for the recommendation!!!!

Nan

Downloaded my 1st Sufferfest last night - A Dark Place. Did it this morning. Loved it!!!

Thanks for the recommendation!!!!

Nan

Nan:

:D I am glad you loved it! They are a lot of fun, and a great workout. We have our fellow Cathlete, Regina, to thank for that recommendation. :)

Janis, Thanks for the intro to Sufferfest---had never seen that before. I looked at one clip and it seems like the music was good (they don't talk throughout, do they?) and being able to "virtually ride along with Champions IS a cool concept. Thanks for sharing that! I did CC#8 recently - on my bike, worked REALLY great. Will do #7 next. Take Care.

All the Best - AND once again R.I.P. Coach Sean....

Suzy: No the Sufferfests are not chatty at all. The assumption is you know what you are doing. They can be hilarious though - with the subtitles he puts up.

I did Cardio Coach#8 the other day, and CC#4 today. Four has always been my favorite, other than Press Play, it was a bittersweet workout. And boy oh boy was I soaked through when I was done, what a calorie burner too. And yes, RIP Sean.

Hi Suzy,
I have been looking, not much recently for a new spin bike with a computer.
Rhonda

Rhonda: The AC Schwinn Performance has a computer, which you sync to your HRM. It is bloody accurate. I am very glad I purchased the computer along with the Schwinn. Check out Studiocycles.com. Jeff Wimmer is a great guy.

:D

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.