Are you voting today?

BAM

Cathlete
Are most of you voting? What do you do if you truly don't know the candidates and have absolutely no idea what they stand for. All you hear are negative ads. I REALLY wanted to take some time to read up on the candidates (don't even know if you what you read is truthful) but I've got so much going on in my life that I just didn't have the time. So here it is, voting day, and I want to exercise my right to vote but I'd be just guessing. So here's my question: Should you vote if your method will be eenie, meenie, miney, mo? (Gee, I've never seen that spelled out. Wonder if that's right? :p )

Bam

I am in the same boat, all I have noticed are negative ads, and being in NJ I actually seem to see more ads for NY and even Connecticut than NJ. I should just ask my family, they are very into politics, and I tend to trust most of their opinions on political matters. But if I walked in right now, I would literally be flipping a coin.

Dela, there is no one I trust politically so I don't have anyone to ask. I hope you find some good direction from your family. Politics are just, just, too political! :p:D

Bam

OMG, Dela, I was just having that exact conversation with someone here at work. I could easily go vote for Connecticut, NY, Delaware and Arizona - I wasn't even sure there was something going on in NJ. Just found out there is! I will go vote and this year, I'm voting party line - period. (in this area that means no racists, whack-jobs, misogynists or wrestlers ;-.) - the pool is good and crazy this year!)

As a foreigner observing this midterm from over seas what comes over is the sheer deriision in the television campaigns. Tv advertising is not permitted in many countires and I can see why. It leaves one questioning the maturity of several candiates. The amount of money that has been used is truly staggering.....Its little more than kids being nasty in the schoolyard in the adverts.
Mind blowing but informative.

I tried to get to as many candidate forums or meet and greets as I could this time around. Many of these were sponsored by civic, neighborhood associations, or business chambers. They were advertised in newspapers, flyers, etc. I met many of the local and state candidates including the ones running for U.S. positions. When I could I would ask questions personally.

I think I got a pretty good handle on the folks I voted for today. The only ones I left blank were some of the very small non-partisan races on hospital board and mosquito board.

It takes a little work and research, but I felt good about about my decisions.

Carmen.

OMG, Dela, I was just having that exact conversation with someone here at work. I could easily go vote for Connecticut, NY, Delaware and Arizona - I wasn't even sure there was something going on in NJ. Just found out there is! I will go vote and this year, I'm voting party line - period. (in this area that means no racists, whack-jobs, misogynists or wrestlers ;-.) - the pool is good and crazy this year!)

It's crazy right? All the news and ads just sort of skipped over NJ this time around.

Here in Illinois, the phone calls, ads, and mailings were out of control. Big election for Senate seat and Governor. I'm so glad it's over.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.