Tell us about your STS results!

jillybean

you may not have lost weight but I bet you lost fat if your weight stayed the same. Do your clothes fit differently. I have not lost pounds but my husband has said I am leaning out.

congradulations on your accomplishment. I am currently on disc 18!!!!

STS and Weight Gain: Don't Blame STS

http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1914857,00.html

Hi to all that have posted that they have gained weight with doing STS.
STS works us hard and has brought us to fitness levels we haven't seen or felt before. I, too, fell into the category of gaining some weight while doing the program . . . just 3 pounds (unfortunately on top of 5 pounds I have been trying to shed for months). I am not quite 5 feet tall, so although it doesn't sound like a lot of weight, it is on my small frame. I am now on my second rotation of STS on meso 3. Don't get me wrong, I am stronger, firmer and much tighter. My muscles are tone, bigger and stronger. My arms no longer jiggle (as much). My posture has improved and my legs are strong. Those extra pounds have settled around my middle from my waist to my knees. Can anyone relate? The only thing I have to blame for that is my diet. I do have a pretty good diet, whole grains, lean meats, fruits and veggies. Working out consistently has made me hungrier. Even though the snacks are healthy, the calories do add up. The lattes, even with 1% milk, and the handful of grapes I eat when I walk by the fridge all add up. I do indulge in icecream and chocolate a few times a week. Cathe occasionally posts what she is eating on twitter, no mention of ice cream, chips or cookies there. And look at her results. After reading the article, "Why Exercise Won't Make You Thin" in TIME magazine this week, I realized (although I knew) the barriers I face to a sleek midsection. STS toned my middle, but one would never know because it's hidden under a nice layer of fat. Should you get a chance, read the article. The link is above.
I resolve, today, to start with portion control and reduce treats . . . only one treat a week and that would include wine. So if I opt for wine with dinner, the butter pecan ice cream with chocolate jimmies will have to wait for next week. The only one sabotaging my efforts is me. Anyone else in for the challenge?

You know, I did not gain weight but I have SERIOUSLY plateaued. I am a strict clean eater but have noticed in my life that dieting and weight training dont mix. I just dont lose. I think it has to do with the fact that my body percieves it as stress and holds on to the fat.

I recently tightened things up...lowering carbs....droping dairy....nixing fruit all together, no locarb treats, NO treats at all...ever.

I lost 2lbs then gained them right back. I have been plateaued for 2 months.(which is a true plateau) My pants dont fit because of the pump in my muscles.

I cant blame the food..so what is it? I'm seriously annoyed. I about ready to stop training.

Success Story for Sure!

Finished my six month STS rotation last night!!! I did each week twice before moving on to the next week and took a recovery week every 8 weeks. I didn't lose weight, but that's because I ate like crap the entire time and because I went on some medication that causes weight gain. But that's neither here nor there.

Back to STS.

In disc 36 last night I did bicep curls with a 62.5 lb barbell. I completed 8 reps on all 4 sets. I began this meso cycle 8 weeks ago and could lift 57.5 lbs 8 times for 2 of the sets and then only made it to 6 or 7 reps for the last two sets. This means I am definitely 5% stronger!

Berfore STS, I used about a 30# lb barbell to do shoulder front presses. I used to marvel at how Cathe could bang out those front presses in MIS with a 35# barbell!! Last night I did 4 sets of 8 reps of front presses using a 55# barbell. I'm not trying to compare my weight loads to anybody elses; I'm merely trying to point out that I definitely experienced strength gains with STS. Simply put: STS works!!

Before STS, I used to use a 60 lb barbell for static lunges (like in PLB or S&H) and I really felt it! I mean, I don't think I was slacking. I used a 95 lb barbell for static lunges during the last 4 weeks of meso 3 and I'm thinking I probably could have used 100 lbs.

Another benefit from STS? This morning I did Cardio Fusion and I have to admit, I hardly ever do this workout because it's so tough for me! When I've done this workout in the past, my legs were like jell-o, and by the time the BM2 power circuits and Drill Max drills came along, my movements were shallow and small because my legs were so fatigued. Well, this morning, my legs had much more endurance than before. I even added on an extra two squat thrust/tuck jumps to the end of drill 6 for good measure! Sure, it could have been a 'high energy' day for me, but I truly think STS's leg workouts made my legs stronger, which makes not only strength training workouts easier, but cardio workouts easier too! (Though I'd hardly call Cardio Fusion 'easy'!)

I plan on taking a highly anticipated recovery week, and then I think I'll go back to Gym Styles or Muscle Max or some other Cathe weight workouts that I haven't done since starting STS. Can't wait to see the strength gains in action!!

I think this is a wonderful success story. Your weights are unimaginable to me, especially the bicep curls! You gooooooooooo girlfriend! Congratulations!:D

You know, I did not gain weight but I have SERIOUSLY plateaued. I am a strict clean eater but have noticed in my life that dieting and weight training dont mix. I just dont lose. I think it has to do with the fact that my body percieves it as stress and holds on to the fat.

I recently tightened things up...lowering carbs....droping dairy....nixing fruit all together, no locarb treats, NO treats at all...ever.

I lost 2lbs then gained them right back. I have been plateaued for 2 months.(which is a true plateau) My pants dont fit because of the pump in my muscles.

I cant blame the food..so what is it? I'm seriously annoyed. I about ready to stop training.
In the last issue of Oxygen there is a very interesting article on overtraining. I think you should read it......
I can relate to your problem as I am in the same boat as you but unfortunately I cant offer any other advise. I wish Cathe would address this sometime...
Best of health: Krasy

11 weeks post partum meso 1 results

Woo Hoo! I'm so excited I have to share my mesocycle 1 results!

I had my second daughter almost 12 weeks ago. She weighed 10 lbs 2 oz at birth and I gained 40 pounds with her pregnancy. Everything about my second pregnancy was different, including the excessive weight gain. My postpartum has been different too. My weight isn't coming off as quickly as it did with my first pregnancy (I was back in my skinny jeans 2 weeks pp with her). I have felt great physically though and started working out 2 weeks pp very slowly adding intensity as I felt I could. I used my 1RM tests to ease back into weight training and by 7 weeks pp I felt ready to begin STS!

I have lost 6 pounds, 2 inches in my chest, 2 inches in my waist, 1.2 inches in my hips, and 1 inch in my thigh!!!!!

I am making healthy food choices but I am exclusively breastfeeding so I am not being too restrictive. I have found a good calorie range for myself but sometimes I go above it if I feel like my daughter is going through a growth spurt and needs more milk. I also have at least one cheat day a week (sometimes two depending on our weekend plans). It seems to be working!

Can't wait to start Meso 2 tomorrow and lose the last 8 pounds!!!

Last edited:
I think this is a wonderful success story. Your weights are unimaginable to me, especially the bicep curls! You gooooooooooo girlfriend! Congratulations!:D

Thanks, Cheryl! My experience with STS taught me two lessons: 1.) STS does indeed make you 5% stronger! 2.) Eating is essential for seeing results. I workout for health reasons more than aesthetics, but I wish you could see my strength gains! Guess I like cookies and chips more than I like definition. :(

sts week 3

I have been doing Cathe workouts for about 8 years, primarily the weighted ones like muscle endurance, power hour and MIS, some of my favorites.

I fluctuate between 98 & 102 lbs, loosing weight isn't an issue, but I want to increase muscle difinition. I have a herniated disc and I am scared of the heavy weights when it comes to leg work. Any tips on alternate exercises for legs would be appreciated, I can't do the paper plate ones where you have to set the weight down, kills my back. When I was in my 20's I could do 24 to 30 lbs for legs, but now in my late 30's I'm afraid to go over 18 to 20lbs, throwing my back out is a terrible set back.

so far, I love the program, but I wonder how lifting weights once a week for each body part is enough. I guess I am too used to doing total body 3 times a week. I also throw in some workouts from exercisetv.com

Finished Meso 2

I just finished Meso 2. What an accomplishment. I am really noticing the shapes in my biceps & triceps. My Quads have always had shape but they have more. My chest..Wow I have never had clevage...I dont notice alot of difference in my back which would explain why I still cant to a pull up or chin up so I keep doing my band work...I cannot wait till next week for this final mesocycle. Thank you Cathe:D

45 lbs lost

Wish I had my results with me here at work. I know I started at 185 lbs and I now weigh 140. I did STS 3.5 month with cardio. The strength I gained was incredible! I am now doing my second round of STS and can't wait to get the STS Cardio. My goal is to do a figure competition next year so my next goal is 117 lbs. That's only 23 more lbs to go. I really feel that after completing the first round I can accomplish this goal with no problems.
Thanks Cathe for giving me the desire to want to better myself and my family! Words cannot express how grateful I am for your programs and how you motivate each person doing them.

Wow!

Those are unbelievable results!!! And such fast ones at that! I have had similar results just in a little bit longer period of time. And not with the use of STS...I don't think I could've handled it at the beginning. I'm doing it now though, and like you my strength gains are amazing. In total so far with a variety of Cathe's workouts down from 201lbs...to 150 :) You should tell us some more details when you can about you past plan with STS as far as cardio went...macro intake etc. And if you plan to alter any of that for your future figure competition. I to have been thinking about a fig. com. as well...solely for motivation :p Once again Congrats!!

Wish I had my results with me here at work. I know I started at 185 lbs and I now weigh 140. I did STS 3.5 month with cardio. The strength I gained was incredible! I am now doing my second round of STS and can't wait to get the STS Cardio. My goal is to do a figure competition next year so my next goal is 117 lbs. That's only 23 more lbs to go. I really feel that after completing the first round I can accomplish this goal with no problems.
Thanks Cathe for giving me the desire to want to better myself and my family! Words cannot express how grateful I am for your programs and how you motivate each person doing them.

Wow, thats over 3lbs per week weight loss---I'm flabbergasted! Please share how you did that, as I'm sure many of us here would love to know!

Denise

great job! how much cardio did you do? what was your diet like?

Can´t wait!

I am new to Cathe. I have the Gym Style DVDS and Slow and Heavy. I just ordsred the 40 DVD STS Strength series after a lot of hesitation (the price!) and cannot wait to get them!

45 pounds lost

I did the STS on Monday, Wednesday, Friday. Did cardio every other day. I do have a gym membership but find it difficult to get there so I do cardio at home. I have lots of different DVD's to choose from. I like Turbo Jam so I can get full body workout with the kickboxing. I also ride my bike usually outside but usually only on Saturdays for 15 miles. Since deciding to do the figure competition I have decided to do cardio everyday. I need to get my body fat down to about 10%.
I also do Cathe's Butts and Guts and Drill Max on Saturdays when I have extra time. I work full time and run another business after my regular work hours. I also am a co-leader for Girl Scouts, teach a bible study and have 2 teen girls so I am up at 4 am to workout because that is the only time I have with the exception of weekends. I do spend about 2 hours at the gym on Saturday mornings and an hour on Sunday's.
My diet is usually strict. I eat a lot of egg whites, chicken breast, steamed veggies, brown rice, some protein shakes. I do not eat any dairy with the exception of a little cheese in my egg whites. I eat 5-6 small meals per day and eat clean. I try to do a cheat meal one time per week. I drink only water (and coffee), no diet sodas at all.
It seems like its very strict but I enjoy seeing the results. In this past month I lost 2 inches around my hips and 1/2 inch around each bicep.
Hope that answers some of the questions. Just remember to stick with it...both clean eating and exercise. It will pay off in the long run even if you don't see the results right away!!!

50 days

I started a 50 day challenge that went from Thanksgiving Day until Jan. 14th. In those 50 days, I did STS workouts and cardio.
Stats: 5 ft 4 inches
Before:
Weight: 133.5 Waist: 31 inches BF: 22.3 LBM: 103.1
After:
Weight: 127.5 Waist: 28 inches BF: 20.8 LBM: 101

I am currently doing the STS/Shock Cardio Rotation so I basically started over. My goals are to lose another 10 pounds by mid-April and create more lean muscle mass. This will happen as I have faith in Cathe's products and myself.

15lb lost

I am through with all the Meso Cycles and proud to report 15lbs gone. I haven't seen my weight this low since high school/college. I got muscle in places that I never thought was possible.

My eating was very clean. If you really want to see results, then you have to eat right. WHy eat a bunch of junk when you are working so hard? I found eating junk defeats the whole purpose.:confused:

This is serious workout, but it has wonderful results. I have people asking, "what are you doing." I just worked hard and ate amazing healthy great food. I don't even miss the junk. :eek:

Good luck. I will be back for more.:D

Jennifer

I just started my STS program this week. I had already been doing the Muscle Max DVD, and felt great! This DVD as a whole was more challenging than one single STS DVD, since you work all your body muscles during the same workout. What I like the most so far from the STS is that you focus on just one area of your body for longer time, that way you can actually expect to see that area more toned.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.