Crazy Strong and Loving It for September 29, 2009

hriacobacci

Cathlete
Hi Ladies. DOMS haven't fully set in yet, but I sure didn't get up and do anything this morning. I may do SB after work and some abs, but it'll just depend on how I feel. I have a very long and stressful day ahead of me and sitting here all day is not going to help relieve any DOMS that will be creeping up I'm sure.

Debbie - how's your mom?

Heather

I'll be back later to update you on my mom's surgery.

Today was cardio and I did Cardio Coach #5. Didn't go balls to the wall with this one, low back and hip area is really tight again so I took it easy. I need to get some stretching in. Had a fairly good workout.

It's cold here today. Only 40 this morning when I woke up. I can't believe summer is already over. We didn't really have much of a summer this year. :(

HR STATS:
58 minutes total
7 minutes below zone
22 minutes in zone
30 minutes above zone
451 calories burned
3.25 miles travelled

Debbie - I feel the same way about our summer. It was 52 degrees here this morning.

It's cold here today. Only 40 this morning when I woke up. I can't believe summer is already over. We didn't really have much of a summer this year. :(

HR STATS:
58 minutes total
7 minutes below zone
22 minutes in zone
30 minutes above zone
451 calories burned
3.25 miles travelled

This check in seems to be dwindling. :( Where is everyone?

Just wanted to let you all know that my mom did very well with surgery yesterday. I was there most of the day and then my brother went to see her in the evening. They got her out of bed this morning and she said the pain was excruciating because she laid in bed for 24 hours. They had her in therapy around 10 this morning and I haven't talked to her yet about it. I'm going to go see her after I leave work.

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers everyone! It is greatly appreciated!

Hey Girls!

yesterday was a busy day here, I had a tough weekend at work, mostly because I woke up Sunday afternoon (worked Sat night) with a MAJOR headache. I'm not sure what a migraine is, but this one hurt SO bad and I kept dry heaving. Migraine Excedrin worked for 3/4's of it, and off to work I went!

Monday I re-started STS, with DISC 1. Some DOMs today, not big, in my chest, shoulders AND bi's....

Today I did 2 ab segments from Kathy Smith's Tummy Trimmers, Stability ball work and then "bootcamp" abs (traditional ab work). And THEN went to the park for a nice run! It's in the low 60's today, and WAS sunny, starting to cloud up now. Yes, we're supposed to get cooler weather tomorrow too. Not above 60! I do feel like we were gipped on Summer too. :(

Heather: Maybe do a shorter version of SB if you're stressed for time today. Hope the DOMS aren't too bad!

Debbie: Good to hear your mom did ok ...did she have a hip done? She sounds spunky!! ... Not a bad calorie burn for not pushing it too much. You're still on STS, right? I know, I need to squeeze in more stretching when I do STS. I always seem to have DOMS!

Hope to hear back from those MIA's today!!

Good Morning,

Continuing my rest week haven't really done any kind of a workout. This morning I woke up and vomit and had the other at the same time (I know to much info). so nursing a sore tummy.

Debbie-hope mom is ok.

Heather-I here yu on the stressful day looks like I am in for another one.

Chris-sounds like a migraine to me.

Last edited:
Checking in -

This morning I did the Leg Blast premix from B&G. I also did the ab work. Took me just over an hour and I burned 339 calories, I think.
I hear you on the weather - it's only going to be in the 60s and it is currently raining. It rained at soccer last night. And my other DD has a game tonight. I did ride my motorcycle to work yesterday, and I fear it may be a while until it comes out of the garage again!
However, I went to a candle party the other day and stocked up. This is the time of year for that - and puzzles!
I hope each of you has a good day. And that everyone's hips, heads, backs and tummies are soothed and feel better!

Hi girls!

I forgot to check in earlier, but I did get my workout done for Tuesday. Here's what I did:

iTread 20 Min Set 6= 21 Min
Distance= 2.0 Miles
Calories burned= 306
BPM's= 104,137,147,l50,151,157,151,153,134.

Amy Bento-All Pump Xtreme-3Day Split Chest & Shoulders NRG Mix= 48 Min
Calories burned= 393

Amy's All Pump Xtreme was fun. I liked that split it really seemed to fly by. At least this time I have all the equipment needed for that workout. That's one workout alot of people don't like because it uses a lot of different equipment. I didn't mind when I did it before I just modified to make it work. I have acquired more equipment since the last time I did that workout so, it was a bit different, but still fun and challenging. I did find I went heavier than Amy did with the weights. Thanks STS!!!

Debbie- I hope your mom is doing well and recuperating from her surgery. I wish her all the best.;)

Belinda- I hope that your taking it easy and keeping in mind your doctor's wishes with your workouts. I mean still workout but do what is still within the doctor's guidelines that is not too much of an impact or can hurt your back. Take care and lots of hugs!

Ok, its late and I should take care of a few things like go take my MS injection, ugh! ;)

Great job on everyone's workouts. Seeya at tomorrow's check in.

Hugs!
;):)
Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.