Tell us about your STS results!

will be celebrating my newfound strength gains after completing sts by ordering the black sts shirt. woohoo! fitjock

I love reading all of these posts!! Everyone has done so awesome. I am loving STS. I will finish Meso 2 tomorrow. Well, I've been limited to upper body only for the last month because of foot surgery. But I can say without a doubt that my upper body is improving. My lower body was until the detour. But I will repeat the whole thing when I am cleared to start back.

My STS results were really great. AMy endurance levels are amazing and I was able to lift heavy when I never would have tried otherwise. When I started STS I was 128 lb and when I finished I weighed 120 lbs. I lost inches in all areas of my body.

I am toned in most areas of my body, but defintely need to continue to work on my abs. More than the changes in my body made by STS, they were very motivating. During these past 3 1/2 months, there wasn't one day that I didn't look forward to working out.

What I hope to get from STS the second time around is more defined thighs and arms.

Hi Becky,

I was wondering if you did anything extra for legs to get the results you did and what type of cardio you did? I am at the beginning of Meso 2 (6mo. rotation). Legs are the last place I see results:( and of course the 1st place I put on weight. I would love to see muscle tone in my legs. I do notice it in my arms :).

I think the next time I do STS, I may do 2 upper body & 2 lower body & 2 cardio workouts each week or 1 upper body & 2 lower body & 2 cardio workouts each week. I will ask Cathe when the time comes what she thinks. Maybe others will switch things up after doing the 3 or 6 mo. rotation. It should be interesting to see:).

Teenagers on STS

For any of you with teenage boys looking to add definition I definitely recommend the STS program for them. I have two sons and a daughter (the newest teenager) all doing Cathe's program. They saw me doing it, got interested without me pushing (I'm a fitness instructor so it's hard not to want to push them.....) and once the first one asked if he could start the program the rest all wanted to know what HE was doing and then wanted to join in as well. I have never been more excited for them. I have seen my own gains - STS definitely creates a much stronger upper body and tighter lower half. Personally, I'm a bit overzealous and I did each workout twice per week. I gave myself the rest but wanted to give each disk a second run through just because that's my style. Loved it! As for my teens.....they are all about to start Meso 2 tomorrow and I can already see changes in their upper bodies. In particular their shoulders are becoming broader, biceps are finally making an appearance and there's definitely tricep definition! (I think the triceps really get worked in STS.) What is more exciting is the fact that they come home from school and each one tries to be the first to "claim" the workout room for the next hour. As soon as that guy's done the next takes over. I love it! Being an instructor I've always hinted at different programs they could try to gain muscle, but we all know kids listen better to a stranger than to their own parents sometimes. The fact that each disk is different hit home with them. I'm looking forward to seeing their results from Meso 2 and 3. They play soccer and hockey and they will be looking mighty fit on the field when school comes around again. From one mom to another - thanks Cathe! Is it too late for my 4 year old to start????? He's using 3lbs for his front raise and maxes out at 8 reps right now, what do you think his one rep max would be????? Just kidding ..... well sort of ;)

For any of you with teenage boys looking to add definition I definitely recommend the STS program for them. I have two sons and a daughter (the newest teenager) all doing Cathe's program. They saw me doing it, got interested without me pushing (I'm a fitness instructor so it's hard not to want to push them.....) and once the first one asked if he could start the program the rest all wanted to know what HE was doing and then wanted to join in as well. I have never been more excited for them. I have seen my own gains - STS definitely creates a much stronger upper body and tighter lower half. Personally, I'm a bit overzealous and I did each workout twice per week. I gave myself the rest but wanted to give each disk a second run through just because that's my style. Loved it! As for my teens.....they are all about to start Meso 2 tomorrow and I can already see changes in their upper bodies. In particular their shoulders are becoming broader, biceps are finally making an appearance and there's definitely tricep definition! (I think the triceps really get worked in STS.) What is more exciting is the fact that they come home from school and each one tries to be the first to "claim" the workout room for the next hour. As soon as that guy's done the next takes over. I love it! Being an instructor I've always hinted at different programs they could try to gain muscle, but we all know kids listen better to a stranger than to their own parents sometimes. The fact that each disk is different hit home with them. I'm looking forward to seeing their results from Meso 2 and 3. They play soccer and hockey and they will be looking mighty fit on the field when school comes around again. From one mom to another - thanks Cathe! Is it too late for my 4 year old to start????? He's using 3lbs for his front raise and maxes out at 8 reps right now, what do you think his one rep max would be????? Just kidding ..... well sort of ;)

This is very interesting... I have read that teenagers and children are too young to use weights because their bones have not fully formed and weights can cause permanent damage. I would be really interested in hearing a definitive conclusion about whether weights are safe or not for kids. I have a preteen who wants to use them, and I have said he has to wait!

Saturn -

I really think that the waiting on teenagers is aimed more at those who would force kids to do more than they are ready for and not teaching kids proper form.

Preteens and teens who are playing football and other sports often do exercises w/ and w/o weights to increase strength and endurance. Smart (key word: smart) weight training can help strengthen their bodies and avoid injuries.

There are books and articles that have opposing opinions. You might let him start with a less-intense program and help him with his form on that first and then try STS. Just a thought.

Hi Debbie

Hi Becky,

I was wondering if you did anything extra for legs to get the results you did and what type of cardio you did? I am at the beginning of Meso 2 (6mo. rotation). Legs are the last place I see results:( and of course the 1st place I put on weight. I would love to see muscle tone in my legs. I do notice it in my arms :).

I think the next time I do STS, I may do 2 upper body & 2 lower body & 2 cardio workouts each week or 1 upper body & 2 lower body & 2 cardio workouts each week. I will ask Cathe when the time comes what she thinks. Maybe others will switch things up after doing the 3 or 6 mo. rotation. It should be interesting to see:).

Hi Debbie,

I hope this message reaches you!

I have to be honest and say that part of my success with legs is genetic - both my parents are very muscular and so I have a tendency to put on muscle. Actually tendency is an understatement. It is ironic though because I always had wanted to be long and lean! If I don't watch out, I can bulk up fast. I also gain weight in the thighs easily - so I fight back with high intensity interval training and moderate running paces on the treadmill and now these STS leg workouts.

STS has brought out that muscular tendency in a good way. I did not get bulky like I could have since the program had all that variety. I also made it a point to get in the cardio - running 3 times per week and I watched the calories and sugar intake. The change in diet helped a lot. I think cardio + diet helped bring out the definition.

I lifted as heavy as I could go on my legs. I pushed it to failure on every set and really burned out the legs. My thighs would BURN!!!! I would get winded and breathless to my absolute limit. I have found that I have to push it to the max in order to get those results. But that is what works for me and my genetics. I would get some serious DOMS after these leg workouts, but it was worth it. I can't wait to do it again and see how my legs look in another 3 months!

Good luck to you and I hope that helps!

i took my week off weights this past week after finishing meso 3. i had my body fat tested at the gym and it decreased by 2.5% (i had it tested after meso 1 and again after meso 3). the thing i liked the best is yesterday when i went and redid all my 1RMs. they were a good 7-10% HIGHER than the last time (some a little more-i went from 83 to 112 on squats (i did plyo legs only for meso 3) and 85 to 103 on flat bench press! all my numbers went up significantly.) that is really what i was looking for-stregnth gains. i don't weigh myself, so i don't know about that, and i didn't take measurements, but my clothes are all looser and i have gained a great deal of definition and stregnth. i am extremely happy with my results and am about to start meso 2 (with my new 1RMs!) this week. i am going to change it up and see how that goes.

oh, i also did yoga 3-4 times a week. i don't know if that helped my results as well.

I didn´t measure, but I´m getting lots of comments from DH and DD. Didn´t lose any weight, but I wasn´t looking to. Noticeable changes came beginning with Meso 2 and into Meso 3...I really like my look now! Am taking a break and will begin again when I get STS Cardio.

results

Hi,

I started with the 6.5 month rotation, but I had to modify it because I'm having minor eye surgery in June. I ended up doing 7 weeks of Mesos 1 & 2 and I'll finish the 4 weeks of meso 3 next week. I did not do Cathe's cardio suggestions and instead I ran 2 days a week, did plyo (not STS plyo) once a week, and step or hi/lo the other day. I added in the extra plyo because I had a serious back injury 2 years ago and couldn't lift quite as heavy as I felt the muscles could handle because my back is the limiting factor. I did all of the other workouts as designated by the program and did plyo for meso 3.

The main reason that I lift weights is so that I can go out and run or ride my road or cross country bike, or hike, and be able to travel a substantial distance and still feel good. I think that my running endurance and speed have improved significantly. I can comfortably climb hills and run longer distances. Yesterday, I was riding cross country with my husband and he was putzing up this hill and I was full of energy and just went right past him and he commented on my 'explosive power'! So, for me, the consistent plyos and weight training have paid off. I told him if he trained differently, he could have explosive power too!

I went down a pant size, but I wasn't trying to. My upper body is more toned and defined and my husband said that a man my size would be proud to have arms like mine. I guess that's a compliment, but I don't want them to get any bigger:D

Tracy

I feel strong!

My favorite results from STS? How STRONG and fit I feel. It's been an amazing 3.5 months and I've loved every single mesocycle for very different reasons. Another side benefit? I've really amped up my cardio which has definitely impacted my overall fitness. Like my sister, I've always been a size 8 but now am a solid size 6 and even some of those size 6's I own, don't fit quite right now...and these are pants I bought only a month or so ago. Darn it! Now if only I had a money tree to keep up with the changes to my body and I'd be golden...not that I'm complaining!

I've just started a 6-month rotation and am totally impressed by meso 1 all over again, who knew how hard those endurance workouts were the last time!! They are equally tough this time but this time I am embracing it even more than the first time around - I was so excited to see what each mesocycle was like the first time that this time I can really enjoy each cycle for what it's meant for - endurance, strength, power.

Also - my hubby has been doing STS with me and he has shown remarkable strength gains too, he sort of fell off the hard-core weight lifting wagon for a bit but is now back on the wagon, full-board and looks pretty hot I must say ;)

THANK YOU Cathe!!

I am stronger, more defined, and also slimmer around my waist. I have better posture, and my flexibility has increased tremendously from all of the yoga. My confidence is hrough the roof as I lifted weights heavier than I ever imagined I could. I love STS, I am going to do it again, and I think I'm even going to get my husband to do it with me! I LOVE STS!

Hi Becky,

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it. I have been going heavy with upper body but for some reason holding back on going heavy with leg workouts. You gave me the incentive to try heavier weights. I also need to clean up my diet. I look forward to my STS days:)

STS results

Hi Cathe,

I just wanted to let you know that although I didn't lose really any weight and my measurements changed only slightly (for the better) this morning I was doing KPC and realized that my arm flab was not flapping around making any noise at all when I was jabbing! Yeah!! This makes me very very happy!!

Thank you so much for producing STS!!

Steph

I had fantastic results from the STS program. I have been doing Cathe's workouts since 1995, all of her strength training and cardio workouts. STS has given me results that I thought would never be possible.

During the first 6 weeks of STS I didn't change my eating habits at all. During the start of week 7, which was the start of week 2 of Meso 2, I started the "Eat Clean Diet." By the time I finished STS, I had lost 20 pounds. I lost 4" from my chest, 3" from my waist, 5" from my abdomen, 4" from my hips, and 2" from each leg.

It wasn't just the inches lost and the weight lost that was amazing. It is how much stronger I am. I can lift heavier than I ever thought. I had cellulite on my arms - I got rid of that. The definition in my arms is just awesome, now. I can wear sleeveless now without feeling self-conscious.

I am 53 years old and have had ten children. I haven't looked better or felt better ever. I started Meso 1 again. I am on week 3 - my strength gains are more than 5%!!!

Thank you SNM and Cathe,

Cheryl

Wow, Cheryl, you give me inspiration. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to start this program, I have gotten so out of shape, and look forward to getting fit and stronger.

STS was terrific! It really took me to a new level in strength training. I never thought I would be able to lift such heavy weights. I have received compliments on the increased muscle tone in my shoulders and triceps. My legs have lost flab & now feel so much firmer than before.

I think just following a 3 month exercise routine consistently was good for me. Usually I commit to exercise for 1-2 wks, then slack off, and so forth. Now, I can say that exercise is a habit! I'm still am in my rest week & although I have done cardio 3 days this week so far, I'm chomping at the bit to begin lifting weights again next week!
I'm not going to re-do STS again until Aug-Sept, but will do some of Cathe's other strength training DVDs throughout the summer.

My STS stats:

Lost 7 lbs
upper arm: lost 1/4-1/2 inch each
thighs: lost 1/2 inch each
waist: lost 1.5 inches
hips: lost 1 inch

STS is definitely the best! :)

STS Results

Hello, I loved the program, it was great, I learned a lot about how our muscle really work. I just feel so much stronger and I don't really weigh myself but my jeans are loser. STS is truly an awesome program and I'm going to start it again in a few months - I missed the other workout videos! STS program is definitely the Gold Standard in weight training videos anywhere!!

Cathe - thank you, thank you, and thank you for putting this program together for us - WE ALL LOVE YOU!!!

I am not anywhere near done with STS. I just finished M2W1, but MAN! I am seeing serious results. I am looking leaner and more cut, and I am MUCH stronger. Today I was lifting poundages I never imagined I'd be able to lift. I know I need to increase the weights, unbelievably! But I do believe it, because this is an incredible program. Cathe does an amazing job as my personal trainer every time I use STS or any of her other dvds that I have! THANK YOU!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.