Fitnessfreak's January Rotation for January 22, 2009

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

Today I will go to the gym, I probably use the elliptical machine!

Have a great workout and day! BBL!

Hey Ladies!

Im up and at 'um today....would rather be in bed though:confused: My back is sooo sore from yesterdays workout and so are my bics...I can just feel my back more! I can't believe this rotation is almost over! And I can't beleive I actually followed it! Im not one for rotations but its mostly the cardio workouts I don't like to follow. I have to be in the mood to do a certain cardio workout so if a rotation says "cardio of choice" Im there!:eek:

Thanks for another great rotation Debbie! You wouldn't be kind enough to spit out another one for a girl who is heading to Fl...for bikini season would you? LOL

Lori:)

Hi girls,

I am back to report my workout! I ended up not going to the gym, because I forgot I had to go with DH to Hohenfelds for a farewell ceremony. My DH soldiers are going to Iraq. I will be back tonight!

Oh, I did Hardcore Extreme High/Low intervals! I burned 760 cal. I like those numbers. LOL! Very tough workout!

Hi to everyone that follows, BBL!

Good morning! Rest day yesterday, and got in Interval Max this morning. It had been eons since I pulled that one out. 500 calories on the nose.

Have a great day all.

Last edited:
Good morning. Just got done doing TaeBo this morning. I can't believe how much I am enjoying doing my cardio in the morning. I don't normally accept change very well so I thought this rotation would get me prepared for STS and I really think that it has! Thanks again, Debbie.

Bev

Morning! I did Kelley Coffey Meyer's Cardio Kick Step Boxing (obnoxiously long name) and burned 615 calories. I just don't love IMAX 3- have to be in a serious mood to do that and I was too sleepy to even consider it this morning. WTG Belinda on a HCE workout- I haven't done one of those in a few months.

Lori: Not sure if you're serious or not (and if you ARE then you stink for getting to go to FL :p) but check Debbie's rotations. She has a few get ready for summer ones, I think.

Hey Girls:)

Back to report my workout. I did CTX 10-10-10 and Imax 3 intervals 6-10:D For some reason, I have been thinking about CTX cardio lately, I may have to give them all a go next week. Im surprised that I never forgot anything, its been over 3 yrs since Ive done those workouts.

BBL!
Lori:D

:)Patti...yep, we are going to FL in April for 10 days! Woo Hoo! And considering that I live in Canada...the heat is going to be a nice change! Can't wait! When I get time I will have to look through the rotations.

Lori

Good Morning Girls!

Since I am always a day behind, I did PS Back and Bis today. So nice that it was a short workout since I woke up late!:D On back, I went a little lighter than Cathe b/c I have issues with my back, but on bis I did the same as Cathe.
Tomorrow I'm taking the day off :D and will do my 7 mile run. I have only been running for my cardio and I sure miss step!:(

It's supposed to get up to 80 degrees here this afternoon!!

Have a great day!

Wow, only two more days of this rotation. :( Makes me sad to know I won't be checking in here with you all anymore. It's been a great pleasure to say the least.

Today was cardio - was suppose to be 60 minutes but I decided to do a 30 minute Cardio Coach #1 and then do a half hour of yoga. What a great decision this was. I feel awesome and my muscles are slowly getting more flexible. :eek:

Had a great time with CC #1, did well with it.

Cardio stats:
36 minutes
8 minutes below zone
14 minutes in zone
19 minutes above zone
320 calories burned
2 miles travelled

Happy with this! :cool:

I'm here debating on what cardio I should do. Lori... I like the idea of CTX, I got these videos before Christmas, and have never done them! I also like the idea of 30 minutes of cardio, and 30 of yoga, Debbie....

I'll report back later to let you know what I decided!

And yes!... I'm going to miss this check in big time! You guys have motivated me more than I can say. And it's been fun getting to "know you" too! :(

I hate IMax3. Ok - maybe I just dislike it because it is a killer. I had a great workout and burned 789 calories!!!! However, I was cursing the whole time because it seems like a lower body workout and cardio at the same time. (kind of reminds me of low max but harder) I'll stop my complaining now though since I did end up finishing the whole workout. I was disappointed that there is never a happy dance at the end of that workout... I know my legs were happy when it was done!

I never got to do my yoga or 1RM's last night due to errands DH and I had to make - but thats alright. Today is another day.....

Great workouts so far everyone!!

Thanks, Sonya!
I had my 8yo take that pic when she got home from school today (they had 1/2 day). I thought it would be nice to have something more personal. Although Debbie knows how much I LOVE(d) that bike from my old avatar, I figured I needed something more Cathe-ish.
Have a great day!
With all the talk of stretching, I think I'll get another SM in this week....

I did like your bike AVI but this one ROCKS! You look awesome! :eek:

Wow! this workout felt great! I hope everyone had a great day. I'm feeling a little bit sad knowing next week there will be no Fitnessfreak rotation to follow. But I understand, besides there are the workout rotations you've posted previously to use and enjoy. Plus hopefully, fingers crossed we'll be getting our STS soon! Thanks so very much Debbie for all the time and energy you've put into creating these awesome butt kickin' muscle buildin' workouts.

Hugs!;)

Nora

Nora, you're welcome. I will miss everyone on here. I'll be checking out the thread if you all decide to do Dec. & Jan. over again, though. :)

Thanks for another great rotation Debbie! You wouldn't be kind enough to spit out another one for a girl who is heading to Fl...for bikini season would you? LOL

Lori:)

Like Patti said on here, I'd suggest one of my Get Ready for Summer Rotations. You can find them on here:

http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=249348

I think you'll get great results with any of these summer rotations.

I know you're all waiting on the edge of your seat.... so I'll get to it;):

I did CTX: Step Intervals and IMAX intervals 1-3 for 50 minutes of cardio! I liked CTX, it was different enough, but easy enough to get for step. I think it will be good for cardio when I'm doing STS. I'm definitely going to do a stretchmax (with the band...love that one) or a Yoga later this afternoon..

Here is yesterday's workout.......
BACK
Regular Grip Pull-Ups: 3 unassisted, 6 assisted
T-Bar Rows w/u: 45# – 16 reps
T-Bar Rows: 70# – 3 sets/10 reps
Chin-Ups: 3 unassisted, 6 assisted
Barbell Bent over Rows: 55# /10 reps, 65#/10 reps, 75#/10 reps
Wide Grip Pull-Ups: 5/5 assisted
One Arm Rows: 30# – 3 sets/10 reps
Shrugs: 25# – 2 sets/20 reps

BICEPS
Barbell Curls: 55#/10 reps, 60# /10/8 reps, 55#/5 reps
Seated Alt. Hammer Curls: 20's – 20/6 reps
Seated Sweep Curls: 20's – 20/6/ reps
Barbell Negative Curls: 55# /8 reps, 50#/10 reps, 45#/10 reps
Concentration Curls: 25#/6/6 reps, 20#/8/8/6 reps

Very happy w/my workout and the strength gains I have gotten from doing Debbie's Dec/Jan rotation! However, this is it for me....my body is telling me it needs a rest! It's been fun checking in with you all!

Here is yesterday's workout.......
BACK
Regular Grip Pull-Ups: 3 unassisted, 6 assisted
T-Bar Rows w/u: 45# – 16 reps
T-Bar Rows: 70# – 3 sets/10 reps
Chin-Ups: 3 unassisted, 6 assisted
Barbell Bent over Rows: 55# /10 reps, 65#/10 reps, 75#/10 reps
Wide Grip Pull-Ups: 5/5 assisted
One Arm Rows: 30# – 3 sets/10 reps
Shrugs: 25# – 2 sets/20 reps

BICEPS
Barbell Curls: 55#/10 reps, 60# /10/8 reps, 55#/5 reps
Seated Alt. Hammer Curls: 20's – 20/6 reps
Seated Sweep Curls: 20's – 20/6/ reps
Barbell Negative Curls: 55# /8 reps, 50#/10 reps, 45#/10 reps
Concentration Curls: 25#/6/6 reps, 20#/8/8/6 reps

Very happy w/my workout and the strength gains I have gotten from doing Debbie's Dec/Jan rotation! However, this is it for me....my body is telling me it needs a rest! It's been fun checking in with you all!

Outstanding on your pullups, Sonya! Nice job! I hope to get back to those with my next rotation if my shoulder allows it.

Checking in -

Okay, gimme a big old Cathe "whoo - hoo!"! So I started my cardio with a little w/u and step from SJP, then moved on to the challenge from Step Blast. I didn't feel like I was ready to be done, so I wandered around my Rhythmic Step+ dvd. Thought I would do the challenge from that, but once it began I found I was sort of lost. Rhythmic step has not been one of my faves so I rarely pull it out. So I moved on to IMAX thinking I'd do a few intervals (the chaptering is SO much better on the more recent discs) and ended up doing the whole thing!
I figured that since I was torturing myself, I'd throw in the B&G bonus abs! Yeah, take that, Wendy!
Anyway, I think I'm recalling this correctly, but cardio was about 90 min/ 658 calories. Max HR 172, avg HR 146. In target zone 61 min.
Have a rockin' day everyone! (I'm still on my endorphine high)
Good times. And thanks, Debbie!

Rythmic Step

Hey everyone. I decided to do the Rythmic step today. It was a pretty good workout. Hope everyone has a great evening.

HRM
61 min
702 cal
30% Fat
In zone 52 min

Fitnessfreak's January 22, 2009 check-in

Good evening ladies!:)

Ok, I'm dragging myself to my computer to check in with you. Phew! This has been a really rough day for me. I have MS and I'm really fatigued today- no energy and my balance is a little iffy. But being the trooper I am I did do todays workout. I did Imax 3= 60 min. I have to say that with MS fatigue is was tough trying to focus on the steps and not getting dizzy. Anyways, I did the workout and I did Perfect Abs -Bootcamp challenge= 8min. Now, I'm thoroughly exhausted.

I'm going to miss doing rotations and check-ins with Debbie and the rest of you.:(

I hope everyone is doing great. Debbie, I'm glad your feeling better and the yoga is helping your muscles to loosen up and not feel tight or sore. I'm finding yoga is great for that. I have to start doing more of that to help with my MS impaired balance. My doctors recommend staying physically active, do cardio, and strength train, and yoga to help with my MS effected stuff and it does help. So, I guess that just goes to show that fitness is not just about how you look but how you feel and truly being fit. Via La Fitness and workout it keeps you keepin' on.

Hugs!!:D

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.