Cathletic Supporters Jan. 11, 2009

RapidBreath

Cathlete
Good morning everybody! I will be heading off to church and from there to a photography meetup at a wildlife preserve. I've cleaned off my camera chips, charged my camera battery. I'm probably going to do a short jump rope wo this morning. I'm planning on some yoga tonight. Last week when I was on vacation I put on 5 pounds. I'm sure some was water and some was not. I'm trying to be really good. I will pack a lunch and a dinner for me to eat today. The frustrating part is that I was really good at the tradeshow. I ate salads with Newman's own dressing. I did not have any muffins, cookies, and I only had one sandwich. I did have two good wo and I only skipped one day because of check out from the hotel (I do the gear shlepping.) Oh well. Back to the drawing board. I'm back where I was on Dec. 20. poop. I don't even know what went wrong. :confused: I'm suspicious of the omelette with weird cheese that the hotel served in the morning with the free breakfast. I even did my yoga down there!

Well, now I'm home. I just need to stay focused. Last night I had a professional event at a restaurant. I ate well. I did the tomato bisque and a side salad with vinegar/oil. I drank hot tea. I don't look bad but I'm too much of a wuss to get on the scale. I will weigh in a week. Lets pray it was all water.

I hope that all of you are doing well with your eats.

Over and out,

Alisha

Alisha (good to see your name : ) - I hope that 5 pounds was just water, too. Even if it's not, you can get that off girl...no problem! I know you can do it.

Friday I did the CLX Interval workout and yesterday I did Burn Circuit 3. May do some abs before I go to bed tonight.

Here's my eats so far for today. I surprisingly am not hungry (I usually do 1600 cal's), but I may eat something else later.

M1: 2 eggs, 1 plum tomato, 1 oz. reduced fat feta cheese
M2: 1 Atkins bar (I really don't like eating these, but needed something quick today...at church)
M3: 1 cup 2% cottage cheese, 5 oz. cherries, 7 town house crackers
M4: 4 oz. tilapia, 1 cup cooked spinach, 1 oz. reduced fat feta cheese, 1 plum tomato, 1/2 cup cooked whole wheat couscous
Calories/Fat%/Carb%/Protein%: 1282/33.5%/43.4%/32.7%

Guess what?!! I can put on some of my pre-preg pants! Yes, they are tight and I wouldn't wear them outside if you paid me, but I'm not bulging out of them anymore! They are looser. I think give me another month and they'll be acceptable for outside wear!

Nyx

way to go

180 Thank goodness its coming off. I went for a nice wog this morning cut short by someone's aussie shepherd puppy who got out. She was soo cute! TI should have some yoga tonight and then maybe RS tomorrow.

Nyx- congrats on the pants success!

Well, I'm sick, again. So is Jude (my kiddo). So no workout today, I'm feeling pretty weak. Today was a cheat day and I did track my food, but don't have the energy to post it all tonight. Will post it tomorrow along with tomorrow's eats.

I'm so tired of getting sick!

Ok, I feel better today and did Burn Circuit 1. Don't really feel like doing food from yesterday, but here's today:

M1: 1 cup unsweetened shredded wheat w/bran, 3/4 cup 1% milk, 2.3 oz. banana
M2: 2 eggs, 1 plum tomato, 1 oz. reduced fat feta cheese
M3: 1 cup 2% cottage cheese, 6 oz. cherries
M4: 1/2 cup cooked couscous, 7 shrimp, 1 cup veggies
M5: 1/4 cup cooked brown rice, 3 oz. chicken, 1.5 cups stir-fried veggies
Extras: 2 tbs creamer in coffee, 3 small bites of a Fiber 1 poptart, 2 teddy grahams
Calories/Fat%/Carb%/Protein% - 1490/20/46/32 (this doesn't include the poptart and teddy grahams)

I was fighting with some MAJOR cravings today. I just wanted carbs, carbs, carbs - muffins, cookies...I better stop typing before I die! I gave in with the bites of the poptart and the 2 teddy grahams, and I wish I had not eaten that, but that was probably not more than 50 calories. So the world won't end. : )

Murph, where are you?

Good afternoon!

Hope you don't mind if I start up checking in here too for BTF. I'll be trying to keep track of the food (once my trial is over, it will be easier to put in some time on doing the calculations. Darn work interference. At least I've cut out my glass of wine and added more veggies. I sure feel better having a salad for lunch. I reallly want to try some of Tom's protein pancakes, but just haven'g had time in the am to make them. Have any of you tried them? The apple/oatmeal looks pretty good.

Welcome, Rhea! I have a nifty little spreadsheet that calculates my ratios and calories for my meals, as well as for the whole day. If anyone wants it, just lemme know. Today is a rest day on the CLX calendar, but did some light cardio (about 35 minutes) - Firm Cardio Overdrive, skipping all of the light weight sections.

Here's my food:

M1: 1 cup shredded wheat w/bran, .75 cup 1% milk, 2.2 oz. banana
M2: 2 eggs, 1 plum tomato, 1 oz. reduced fat feta cheese
M3: 1 cup 2% cottage cz, 1 cup Amy's organic tomato bisque (this stuff is too good to be true)
M4: 1/2 cup stuffing, 2.5 oz. chicken, 1 cup romaine lettuce w/5 croutons/1 tbs light caesar/1 tbs parmesan
Extras: 1 tbs creamer in coffee
Calories/Fat%/Carb%/Protein% - 1266/27.5%/44%/26.8%

I'm sure I'll eat something else soon. Also, I'm getting kinda sick of these foods. I need to find some new stuff. I'm still fighting major carb cravings but have not given in yet. I didn't fall victim to the poptarts today. : ) Friday will be my next cheat day and I'm thinking a big ol' plate of pancakes with syrup everywhere. I'm crazy, I know.

Have a good night!

Good afternoon!

Hope you don't mind if I start up checking in here too for BTF. I'll be trying to keep track of the food (once my trial is over, it will be easier to put in some time on doing the calculations. Darn work interference. At least I've cut out my glass of wine and added more veggies. I sure feel better having a salad for lunch. I reallly want to try some of Tom's protein pancakes, but just haven'g had time in the am to make them. Have any of you tried them? The apple/oatmeal looks pretty good.

I haven't tried them...but since I am looking for new stuff I will try it! I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually now like plain old fashioned oatmeal cooked with milk and sliced bananas, with no sweetener! I never thought I'd eat that and enjoy it (well, as much as you can). : )

Welcome, Rhea! I have a nifty little spreadsheet that calculates my ratios and calories for my meals, as well as for the whole day. If anyone wants it, just lemme know. Today is a rest day on the CLX calendar, but did some light cardio (about 35 minutes) - Firm Cardio Overdrive, skipping all of the light weight sections.

I might take you up on that when I get back. I'm still at work today (around 6:00 so far....I'm waiting for a jury verdict, so I won't know how long I get to hang around.) and I'm running off to visit my DH in the Bay area over the long weekend. I'm still going to be real good with my eating and working out.

Today was a rest day for CEX, thank goodness. I was tired this morning. Before I hit the road tomorrow, I will do Burn Circuit#2.

Oh...gotta run I guess the jury finally made up their mind. Talk to you when I get back Tuesday.

RS just flies by

Did it this evening and had a good time. I need to lower my carb intake. Ever notice that it is hard to eat enough protein? Something about it makes me want to stop eating. My weight is back down to what it was before I went away on vacation. I am ready to take on the next ten pounds. I will be lowering my carb intake to get that jump started. It always works.

I hope everyone is well.

Rhea, hope you had/have a safe trip.

Alisha, I am still jealous that I don't have RS. ;) I definitely have a hard time getting enough protein. Here's today's food (I don't know the numbers, but here it is) and I know I didn't get enough.

M1: 2 eggs, 1 oz. reduced fat feta, 1 plum tomato
M2: 1/4 cup dry steel cut oats (first time trying these - good!), 1.5 cup 1% milk, 2.2 oz. banana
M3: Oh yeah protein bar
M4: Panera bread black bean soup

I'm sure I'll eat something else, maybe some cottage cheese. Today's workout was Chalean Extreme Burn Circuit 3 - I'm done with my second week. Hope you guys are having a good weekend!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.