Where to purchase mirrors for workout room?

Abbygail

Cathlete
Does anyone know where I can purchase large mirrors (at a decent price) for my workout room? I feel that I need to see my form to ensure that I am doing the moves correctly.

Abbygail

Usually any hardware store like Lowe or home depot.

Mirrors aren't really Cheap ever...so if you can find one at GoodWill or even a yard sale...that's a find.

I got mine on Craigslist for free (well kinda). A taekwondo studio was going out of business and they just wanted to get rid of them...I did have to go pick them up, but it was so worth it. Look on your local Craigslist and keep checking everyday. Sometimes you get lucky.:D

Not sure where to find a large mirror, but a few people here have bought regular full-length mirrors at Wal mart, and then lined them up on the wall. There are seams where the mirrors meet, but it's probably cheaper that way, and easier to hang them, than one big mirror.

You didn't mention a price range or if you wanted a full wall mirror or a small mirror. Anyway, I had two of these full length mirrors (72" x 100") put in my workout room. The cost listed is the total cost of materials and installation, nothing hidden (except I gave the installers a tip as well). I had them come out last year to install the first one and then a couple of months ago for the second one. I love them! It makes my section of the basement seem so much larger!

They're national so they will install anywhere. It may take up to a month for them to find an installer so you'll have to be patient. The price is really, really good (I had local glass/mirror companies come out and they wanted more than twice that amount).

http://mirrorajwholesale.com/?gclid=CMG7n-WA-IwCFQk4IwodlFGI9w

Pic of the first one I had installed (the other one is now behind the weight bench/squat rack...I'll have to take a current pic soon):

http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/940253/16854549/277250271.jpg

Kathy

:eek:I'm not the least bit surprised, Beavs. Walmart also stocks a nice supply of "massagers," too!

I was just able to log onto this site. Surprised at so many suggestions. This site is so great for that. Thank you so much.

I am going to look into wal-mart and then also Kathy your mirrors look great. I most likely will need two of them. Farmer the site you posted no longer sells those mirrors.
Getting mirrors may also make my room look bigger. THANKS!

Abbygail

I have two "back of the door" mirrors that I put side by side (got them at Walmart).

Depending on your space and your wall, you might also check out mirrored tiles. That way, you could put up as many as you want for the size you want. I'm not sure how seemless the image would be, though.

Not sure where to find a large mirror, but a few people here have bought regular full-length mirrors at Wal mart, and then lined them up on the wall. There are seams where the mirrors meet, but it's probably cheaper that way, and easier to hang them, than one big mirror.

Thats exactly what I did! i used to have this HUGE mirror - 2+ feet wide and 7 feet tall (and very heavy) but got rid of it when i moved. wish i had it now - the seams in the Wallyworld mirrors annoy me! ahhhh, no exercise for me for a bit anyway as I recover from shoulder impigement surgery yesterday!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.