Tiny success on the way to bigger one

JoanC

Cathlete
I started back to lifting after two years. I stopped to babysit my grandaughter fulltime and couldn't fit in trainer. I try to tell everyone the extra weight is from "having a baby", but nobody buys that. About a year ago I bought Cathe's dvd's but amazingly they don't work if you don't use them. On November 17, 2008 I started Cathe's nutrition calculator and started using some of her dvd's.

The tiny success is losing 7 pounds as of today in about 8 weeks. I would be happy with 30 more pounds, probably should lose 40 pounds, and thin at 50 pounds.

I will be starting STS with Cathe and the rest of you and plan to eventually get at least those 30 pounds off.

Joan

Congratulations!!! You are 7 lbs lighter, that is a great sucess :D
Keep up the good work and who knows what you'll weigh in another 8 weeks!

Joan that's AWESOME!!! I'm all for small victories on the way to much larger ones! I, too, have seen some good results (also amazed at the added benefit of actually DOING a workout! LOL!) since starting with Cathe back in August 2008! I have lost about 6-7, but have yo-yo'd during the holidays... I'm looking forward to fully (re)committing to my better eating and STS when it arrives!

GOOD JOB!!!

Congratulations!! That is an excellent accomplishments!!! You should be so proud!!

Funny how the DVD doesn't work if you don't use it :p that sure would make it a lot easier!

Another update,

I'm down 1 more pound for a total of 10lbs.:D

You have to celebrate small victory's or you would probably give up. I'm either 1/3, 1/4 or 1/5 the way to goal. I see the goal as a moving target. Let's get to 30lb loss before I move goal to 40 or 50lb loss.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement.

Joan

Joan you are doing wonderful! Congratulations my friend!!
5.gif
6.gif
5.gif

I agree with everyone, congrat's on the accomplishment. Those "few pounds" mean a lot and really start to add up - like the journey of a thousand steps (literally when using Cathe). I also had to find out the hard way that just having the dvd's doesn't work as effectively as using it. I know, hard to believe isn't it. :-D Congrat's again to you.

Another update,

You have to celebrate small victory's or you would probably give up. I'm either 1/3, 1/4 or 1/5 the way to goal. I see the goal as a moving target. Let's get to 30lb loss before I move goal to 40 or 50lb loss.

Joan

ABsolutely! Any weight change in significant. You go girl!!!

Congrats, Joan!!!
11.gif

That is fantastic!!! Best wishes as you continue your journey~ we're all pulling for you! :)

Another check in

One more pound lost.:D

I'm now down a total of 11 pounds. It's only coming off 1/2pound per week but I'll take it.

Amy - I'm sure no one could tell I've lost 11 pounds. It usually takes at least 20 lbs for even me to notice a difference.

Thanks again for all the kind words.

Joan

Another update,

Joan

Just wanted to pop in and say congrats!!!! WTG:)

Back again with an update.

I have been doing STS and have only this week and next before I have completed meso 3. I have not lost any weight since Feb. and was feeling quite discouraged. I was eating about the same as when I was losing 1/2lb per week but not logging it in until last week. While I was following Cathe's sts rotation with cardio, it was not as much cardio as when I was losing. I have not done the ab disc.

GOOD NEWS:D

My waist is down 2", my hips are down 2", and each thigh is down 1 1/4 ".
I love STS and now I will work on my diet again.

Joan

FINALLY ANOTHER UPDATE

It's been way over a year since last update but I am finally down 12lb. there was a long stretch where I just didn't have the time or energy to do as much as I needed to but I'm back. Joan

Hello! Welcome back!:D Congrats on the 12 lbs lost! :p hope the this next year is much betterfor you!! happy holidays:D

Thanks Kitterfly.

One more pound lost for a total of 13lbs. I decided the most important thing was to have a realistic plan to get to 140lb. Of course I should be less than 140 but I did say realistic. I want to lose a pound a week except for the week of my Christmas party (Dec 18), the week of Christmas and New Years and the first two weeks of April (I'm a CPA).

I hope to stay the same on those weeks. So far I am following plan.

Joan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.