picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

(I am 5'5" tall)
Highest weight: 224 pounds, size 20-22 jeans/pants, size 14-16 tops
Current weight: 124-125 pounds, size 4 jeans/pants, size 2-4 tops

I did a portion controlled/no deprivation food plan in addition to cardio and strength training to lose weight, then started with P90x program in March 2008 to mix up my exercise training, started Cathe workouts December 2008 and LOVE the results! I love my new body and my new muscles!! I have maintained 100 lb loss for two years and going strong. :D You can check out my blog at www.maintainmyweight.blogspot.com

Last edited:
Hey!
I recognize you from MFD! :eek:
Congrats on your weight loss, I never saw your photos until now... you look awesome!!!
I was so pleased to see you on Cathe's forum as well as the other one I know you from. Your responses to my and others questions are always so helpful and full of great advice. I actually posted about Cathe's workouts and you responded so positavity that I joined this great forum and ordered STS and a bunch of her other workouts (Butts & Guts at your suggestion lol)

Glad to see you here as well.
Mary :)

wow! you look amazing. I love reading success stories and looking at before-after pictures. thanks for posting, and big congratulations!

Congratulations WOW!! You look fabulous!
Thanks for sharing your pictures!

Last edited:
WOW! What a transformation! You look absolutely amazing! Congratulations on your success!!

Can you give us an example of your daily food?

Last edited:
I absolutely LOVE these kinds of post.....Congrats and high five to you! Your pictures are amazing and your determination shows.

Therese

I agree with all the posts. You look great and are an inspiration - keep working and stay committed, you will get there. Thank you so much for sharing and congrats to you.

Murph

What an amazing transformation! I love these kinds of posts, gives me hope as I need to lose about 30 lbs

Now that's a success story! You utterly rock! Thanks for sharing your pics and stats.

Maggie:)

Ellesan--Congratulations! You are truly a fierce and remarkable woman. I have a friend at work who needs to see your pictures--hopefully, your success will provide her with the inspiration, strength, and motivation to get serious about doing just what you have done.

Thanks so much for sharing your success.
~Michelle

P90X

You are my hero!!! You look fabu!!!
Quick question re: P90X. Did you find it draining?

I did really well the 1st month. Good until about the third wk of the second month. I was wore out. Was having to take two days off here and there.

I finally quit because I was so fatigued and getting injured. Probably did not help that I also teach group fitness 2-3 d/wk: and they are intense cardio classes. I would try to rearrange the p90x sched to fit in with my teaching, but still to much. I am sure diet/nutrition played a huge role. I did good in begining, but I am one of those that gets sick of eating: and I always crave BAD carbs when I train that intensly. Really would like to get back into it, but sticking to cardio daily, yoga 1d/wk and strenght training 3d/wk.

Any advice on conquering the 90X?

Keep it up!!!

You are my hero!!! You look fabu!!!
Quick question re: P90X. Did you find it draining?

I did really well the 1st month. Good until about the third wk of the second month. I was wore out. Was having to take two days off here and there.

I finally quit because I was so fatigued and getting injured. Probably did not help that I also teach group fitness 2-3 d/wk: and they are intense cardio classes. I would try to rearrange the p90x sched to fit in with my teaching, but still to much. I am sure diet/nutrition played a huge role. I did good in begining, but I am one of those that gets sick of eating: and I always crave BAD carbs when I train that intensly. Really would like to get back into it, but sticking to cardio daily, yoga 1d/wk and strenght training 3d/wk.

Any advice on conquering the 90X?

Keep it up!!!

Hi! First thank you ladies!! When I was obese I obsessed over before/after pictures and dreamed one day that I would be able to post my own. I am really happy to share my story and inspire others to know that it IS possible to change!!

On the p90x: Well I started doing p90x around 150 pounds or so to get me in better shape for the Caribbean vacation I took last summer. I did not do the nutrition program, I just kept to what I had been doing. I did the lean workout program pretty religiously for 2 months and then also started to get burned out and did it a little less the 3rd month. I can't imagine teaching group fitness classes on top of that!! I work 12 hour night shifts at the hospital and *try* to sleep during the day. There are just some days I'm lucky to get 20 minutes of exercise in, let alone over one hour. ( I try to make it up on my days off though. Right now I exercise an average of 5 days a week for a total of 5-6 hours a week).

For me, I eat a modified Zone diet, closer to 50% carbs when I am working out harder because my body just needs it. On my days off I try for more like 40% carbs and 30-40% protein and 20-30% fat.

Do you feel like you have to do cardio daily? I used to think I had to do that but now I'm totally happy with the changes in my body doing cardio 2-3 x's a week and strength training 3'x a week and yoga 1-2x's a week. I'm also going to start rock climbing 1x week. Right now these are the P90x workouts I do and I rotate them with my Cathe workouts: Core syngergistics, kenpo, shoulders/arms, legs/back. There's no rule you have to do the whole program, maybe pick the ones you really like to do and rotate them in with your other stuff? It's no fun living with burnout and injury! Take care.
Sandra

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.