Whats up mama?! wk of 3/16 check-in

chefkate

Cathlete
morning mom!!!!:D

woke up early to do cardio coach 1.
love to get it done early!

bbl for ydays personals!

Good morning. Today is Black Monday for med school seniors. We get an email at noon eastern telling us whether we matched for residency or have to scramble for a spot (big hassle...you may have to switch specialties or live in the middle of nowhere). We don't find out where we go until Thursday though...just that we match. I'm pretty confident, but it will be nice to see it in writing.

I did IMAX this morning. Thank God I woke up not in pain today. Yesterday must have been a fluke. I will do more stretching from now on though!

I'll let everyone know when I know about residency and that email.

Becky

Hi!
I took the boys to school and Owen had a breakdown:( He never cries, so I brought him home. Mike will probably throw a fit that I didn't make him go but it is only pre-school and I don't want to leave my baby at school crying.

Ryder is asleep i'm going to w/o bbl!

candra

Congrats Becky! I used to work at the University of Alabama at Birmingham, and I remember "Match Day" as we called it. The med students would be on pins and needles! Where are you hoping to go?

Candra--I'm sorry Owen was weepy this morning. I think you absolutely did the right thing! I would have done the same! Henry goes back tomorrow after missing both days last week due to my not being able to take him with my bum ankle (I couldn't cart the baby carrier up and down the front steps -- wimpy, I know). I'm hoping Henry doesn't get sad tomorrow since he's been used to being at home so much. If he cries, I'll be bringing him back home too!!

Kate--How was your cc?

So, I'm a little sad today. My dog is acting sick. I think she may be dying. I'm on the fence as to whether to take her to the vet. I don't want them to do any heroic measures to keep her alive. I'm not one for putting a dog on dialysis or any painful/prolonged treatment just so we can spend more time with her. And the vet we use is super sensitive and would freak out at my thoughts on the subject. She's almost 12 years old (I think -- she was a shelter dog so there's really no knowing exactly --she may be closer to 13). And she's had a great life. So I'm a little nauseated just thinking about her maybe dying and what in the world I'd tell the boys. :( In addition to this, Charlie has decided to quit sleeping at night. I went to bed at 1 a.m. (stayed up late worrying about Maggie dog) and was up from about 2:30-4 a.m. with Charlie. We had been putting him in bed with us (bad, I know), but I don't want to continue that. So I just rocked him to sleep when he woke up. He cried and cried until he wore himself out and then he slept through till 8 ish. I didn't let him cry it out in bed, but I rocked him while he cried. I actually think he was mad I wasn't putting him in our bed. Is that even possible? Anyway, he's happy and jolly today. I've started feeding him solids TWICE a day (per my nurse's advice) so that maybe these mid-night wakings will stop. Crossing my fingers!!

Sorry for the novel ladies. I've got a lot on my mind. Hopefully I'll get ab circuits in today and a walk in the park tomorrow after taking Henry to school. Supposed to be sunny and 75 here tomorrow. I could use some sunshine!!

Hope everyone is having a good Monday!

Hi everyone! I guess I will be joining in on this thread from time to time (when I have time!).
I was wondering if any of you had broken capillaries or blood vessels in your eyes and face after labor? I had a very intense labor on Wed and my face looks pretty bad w/ purple spots but is fading - however, I am more concerned about the bright red square to the left of my iris in my left eye. Let me know if any of you have some insight.

Thanks!

becky, great news!!
glad u r pain free!!!

candra, poor owen! i wouldve done the same thing! mustve needed some extra time w/ mama...
what was your wo? wre the boys sleeping?

stephanie, im so sorry abt your dog...my moms golden is at the end....my mom will be sad for the rest of her life when that dog dies.
im no help on charlie.....j sleeps good at night, awful in the day. 2x today shes wailed in her bed for an hour trying to go to sleep. shes conking out atthe breast right now.....this part of babies is so hard isnt it? just when youre in an awesome routine - kapow!:mad:
cc was awesome! sean can make my legs move faster tha n i ever thought possible! i sweat more in cc than i ever have w/ cathe...:confused:

hello clarissa! you were pushin' hard baby! my mom had the same thing....went away on its own.

man im tired today!:confused: maybe cause i get up at 5 to wo after being up from 2am-3 nursing?:p naaaaah......couldnt be!:p
i have a board mtg toniht for preschool.....thank goodness theres only 1 more...i think....im kind of tired of them. i used to love it but since j it just muddles up my schedule too much.

Kate--running always makes me sweat more than anything too. When I first took it up, I thought, "MAN, I sweat like a pig!" Oh how I miss it!

Clarissa--Welcome!! I'm so sorry about the capillaries. That must have been very intense labor. I'm thinking your eye will heal just like the ones in your face will, but Becky is our doc around here. Maybe she has some advice!

Wish Morris still checked in. I'd love to ask her about Maggie!!

Clarissa, as long as the hemorrhage isn't on the iris itself, but on the white (or what used to be white) part of your eye, you'll be fine. If it is over the iris (colored part), go see an eye doctor.

Just ruptured blood vessels in the white of your eye, no biggie...it will go away on its own after a while. Over the iris, I don't know how that is treated, but I remember learning that it is more complex than simple petechial hemorrhage.

Becky

Okay I posted on the other thread, but will post a short one here as well since I'm at work.

Steph - PM Morris or I think Melanie might have her email address. She totally helped me with my dog when I had to get treatment for her. I miss Morris!

Okay, I'll be bbl.

Lisa

Hi ladies!

Well, Oliver came home wanting us to make a leprechaun trap this afternoon, so we quickly concocted one before taking Maggie to the vet. The boys are sure they are going to catch a leprechaun tonight in their trap. I have a good feeling that leprechaun will get away, but may leave some gold chocolate behind! ;)

Took Maggie to the vet, and they think it may be a slipped disk in her back. They gave her an anti-inflammatory shot and some anti-inflammatory pills. I'm supposed to keep her quiet and not let her walk/climb/jump/be a dog for at least two weeks. All while being a mom to three, including an infant, starting soccer practice for two this week and keeping my sanity. Serenity now!!! Seriously though, I am SO glad that she's not on her death bed. Poor pooch!

Hope you all are having a good evening!!

stephanie, it must be hard to keep a dog from doing all those things!

becky - gosh i hope your match is your top choice! did you do the original imax? ive been thinking about buying that one but more for rhythmic step because i really want some new/fun step choreography. good deal, 3 wo's on 1 dvd but the older outfits and music kind of annoy me on the clips (not RS but MIC and imax)... i know its stupid of me... do you like these?

kate - you make cc sound like a blast! i did dl one the other day, v3 i think? havent used yet, cardio hater that i am i keep putting it off lol

candra - you dont have to leave your baby crying! a little extra mommy time never hurt anyone.

clarissa - i had broken capillaries my first delivery but not this one, do not remember when they went away, that pp time is all a haze lol. enjoy your beautiful squishy little guy! i loooooove newborns... good thing my husband is not here now because i do have the itch and should for sure lose this weight before getting pg again =)

did c+w earlier and a short walk after taking jj to dr. he is 17 lbs at 6 months, dropping to the 25th percentile (same for height, head was 40%). was 50th all along and pedi said no worries but of course i feel some twinges... she says because my husband and i are not big ppl (well im not normally lol) that he is moving into a pattern for his growth more in line with where he will be as he gets older. hmmm...

toodles
wendy

Stephanie, LOL at the trap! I've never heard of/thought to do that! That's grreat!
GREAT NEWS abt Maggie too!

Wendy, I have SO much fun with CC! More than I ever thought possoble. I keep track of my mileage on my Cathe calendar and everytime I've done it I go further. It is addicting!
I lovve C&W.
Julia is 17 pounds at 5 months by my home scale.....nice and squisky/chunky. I love it. She's a pound bigger than her cousing born 9 dauys after her. Gotta love my fatty breastmilk! I bought some barley to feed her....just havent got areound to gettting it to her yet/

shes waking up...Im being a neglectful mommy....cya!

Hi ladies--trying to check in quickly before I go finish my day. I just did disk 7 second time around and I feel totally rubbery...I did more pushups on my toes than last week though. Yesterday I took an extra rest day due to my back. Weight still plateaued, but I'm not stressing because this is the pattern.

Dh and ds are doing a scout gun shooting outing this weekend and I always eat badly when they are gone (when the cat's away, the mice will play;):p:eek:)

The Gwenling weighs 21 lbs and has moved from her rear facing car seat. She will be 7 months on Thurday. She does this funny army crawl thing where she flings her clasped hands in front of her and then pulls herself forward on her belly. That action mixed with my dirty floors and her huge propensity for drool make for a very moist and grubby baby.

Stephanie--I am so sorry about your dog. Amy Bento has some fun hi/lo and I love her lower impact kick box workout "In the Ring". It uses a medicine ball (or a weight) for higher intensity intervals. (all our babies sleep with us....I think it's whatever works for dh and you...)

Becky--congrats that you got what you wanted. Must be a huge relief!

Lisa--oh the poop stories I could tell you--for a while I had 3 in diapers (because of ds with down syndrome--he's potty trained finally--but boy oh boy....) We do turbo tax and it all seems to go pretty quickly, but we don't itemize--we have so many kids that the standard deduction is huge.

Clarissa--hi and welcome--I'm just about to take a look at the pics of your new bundle of joy. Sometimes I get broken capillaries when I throw up (TMI? sorry:eek:), so it seems entirly feasable to have them from pushing in labor...

Wendy--hi--I love C&W--haven't done it in a long time. That sounds fun.

Kate--how did your meeting go? I hate going anywhere at night. I just want to veg for a while.

I miss Morris too and where is Kristin? Everyone goes thru busier times, I'm thinking.

I'm starving, so I'm off for my protien shake with spinach and strawberries.

Maggie:)

warning! decadent-yummy-healthy banana bread/cake recipe
http://thepinkpeppercorn.blogspot.co...nana-cake.html

i made a 1/2 batch.......
this was so good! tastes like a cheat!!! in fact, i ate so much it was a cheat! ack!! belly is bloated!!

==============
maggie, jen/jaypea is missing too.....im sure shes crazy-busy w/ school...
gun wkend?!! mike would love it. he just bought an "investment" gun for his ever-growing arsenal.:rolleyes: i love to tease him bu im glad he has a hobby.
go gwen go!!! j's been rolling over buttoday she figured out she can go all the way across the room! i loooove it! then she gets stuck against a couch and spins like a rotisserie! ha!
your plateau will break soon.....mine would if i could keep my mouth shut!
tell me more about your shake....

morning!

last night i did sts14/legs, wowza! what an awesome burner! i loved it!
did dm cardio blast this morning....i was so tight to start but it helped. hoping to do cl.str tonight...

house is quiet!!! dds are at school.
isabel is having a friend oover for lunch....so nice!! poor kid gets bored stiff w/ me and j all afternoon!

Kate - I'm going to have to try that recipe once I get some ripe bananas!

Steph - Glad Maggie is okay.

Maggie - Is Gwen 7mos already? Seems like just yesterday that we were all pregnant!

Wendy - Are you enjoying your indie?

Clarissa - I'm not sure about the capillaries, but since Becky is a soon to be MD, she should know!

Becky - How is the house hunting going?

Alright, I know my personals are pretty lame, but I'm working from home now and need to leave for the office in an hour. I did Jillian Michaels yesterday and planning on some Cathe today. I think I'll do ME for a change. I hope Jen(jaypea) is doing good. I did finish my federal taxes yesterday and I am happy to report I will be getting a refund!! Now on to my state, which is a much longer process since we do itemize. Bleh. Alright, hope everyone is having a great hump day!!

Lisa

Hi ladies -- Just a quick post to say hello to everyone! I hope you and your little ones are having a wonderful day!! I'm busy with housework and church newsletter. Maggie still is doing well! But my mom had to have my old cat put down yesterday. She was my mom's cat's kitten, and my mom had given her to me when I was in college. I had to give her back to mom after I got married because she didn't get along with our dog. She was around 15 years old. Poor girl. Anyway, didn't mean to bring you all down. I'm totally at peace with it because I know she was in pain and had no quality of life. I just hate that my poor mom had to make the call. Well, on that cheerful note...

Have a good day, mommies! I'll check in for personals later...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.