!!!!!!!!!! WEEKEND !!!!!!!!!!!!!

chefkate

Cathlete
Good morning girls. And I really do mean morning! It's 3am and I cannot sleep! I've been up for 2 hours!!!!:eek: I woke up and had to pee:mad:. I didn't want to get up but I was afraid that if I didn't I'd get a UTI or something from being stubborn!

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Low-key here. DH is off to a gun competition all day so the girls and I are taking the day to roll out and decorate Halloween sugar cookies. They love it - I let them go crazy with all of my Wilton stuff! Should be lots of fun. And my sis who is away at college is home for the weekend. So now would be a GREAT time to have the baby. (Baby, are you listening?!?!?!:p)

WO will be a LS 4-mile jog.

Everybody sleep tight for a few more hours! See ya!

Hi Kate. Hanging in there, eh? I've been lurking, not typing much lately. Really saddened my Autumn's news. She's the first since mine, and a dear friend. *sigh* I've been having a pitty type party for me lately. "Why me?" sort of thing & think it's best that I don't carry that attitude here.

Anyway, work today & then 3 days off. Gotta like it! No workout this AM, I have some allergies going on---lost my voice---I did get 5 w/o's in this week. Elliptical & Neflix w/o's mostly.

Best be on my way to work. Have a great weekend!

Melanie, I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. I've never experienced a loss liek that and my heart goes out to you and Autumn and everyone else. Hope the work day goes fast for you. Then 3 dyas off - yay!

------------------------------

I was awake UNTIL 5AM!!!!!!! At 7:30 Mike and the girls proceded to turn on every light in the room and surrounding areas (hall, bathroom) so no more sleep for me. Mike was getting ready for his outing and he sprayed cologne and it BURNED my nose. I was not a happy mama so I just silently laid there with a pillow over my head pretending to sleep. Oh, and the kitten got in the house so the dog was chasing her! Not my morning to sleep in I guess! LOL! At least I can see the humor in it, right?!:D:rolleyes:

Sugar cookie dough is made. I had a couple tiny bites. NO MORE! It's chilling in the fridge now. We'll go to the store and come back to roll them out. Thank goodness I don't like the dough when it's chilled!

off to do some pick-up/groceries!
Have a great AM!

Jen M, where ya been?!?! Day-Dreaming of that little girl???

Hello ladies!
Just wanted to say HI to everyone. My mom is here and we'll be going fall clothes shopping for Haley and I hope to find a pair a causual shoes to wear with jeans that I like.
Kate so sorry about the sleep.Maybe you can get short power nap today.
Melane-I am feeling the same way you are....down right blue about ttc. This is my last month ttc if I plan on starting hygiene school next August. Only one class is accepted a year so its now or wait another year. I don't think dh wants me to wait that long. We want out of this town bad!!!!!!! and my going to school will make that happen. AF is due next Sunday so we'll see. No pms yet...we'll see.
Everyone have a great weekend!!!!
Go Rebels!!!!!!!!

Susan, Have a fun shopping day! I'm itching for one too!
Wishing you all the best with the ttc this month. (((hugs)))

Kate, you took over for me when I finally went back to bed. I was up at 12:30a.m., when DS came into our room to tell us he had to pee. DH took him to the bathroom to turn on the light. On the way back to his room, with DH, DS started to freak out that he wanted to come into our room and sleep. We let him, but only when it's close to wake-up time. He started to scream and stomp, etc. I got up and helped put him back to bed. He was fine, and he did go back to sleep. It just struck me that he may have a hard transition with the new baby. I know that kids have a hard time when a new baby is born, but I had no clue how it would affect him. So, needless to say, I couldn't go back to sleep. I was up till 3:00a.m.:(. I looked up some good "big brother" and "mommy's having a baby" books at our library (online), and I just checked some out. It's definitely a happy time, but at the same time it's a little sad to know that Andy (DS) won't be #1 anymore. Am I making sense? I AM just a little tired!

I plan to do Yoga Mama today to stretch those muscles!

Stephanie-We are all still thinking about you. We can't wait to see those baby pics!

Jen M-How are you?

Trish and Candra-You two are getting close, aren't you?

Susan-Nice to hear from you. I could use a shopping day too! All my shopping lately has been online, for the most part.

Melanie-I am sorry that you are having a rough time right now. You and Autumn are in my prayers.

Hello to everyone else!
-Jen

Jen, I remember having the feelings you are having. It would be just Gina and I when I was pg with Isabel and I would think "How on earth am I going to love another child as much as I love this one?" Well, your heart grows. There' *is* something almost sad about when the 2nd one is coming. You'll do a great job though!:) It will be a bit of an adjustment for a while but in the end you'll go "Oh my! I can't imagine my life without #2!" (((hugs))) Hope you catch a nap today. Enjoy your last weekend without your new one!

No napping here. How unfair is that! My body will NOT let me nap anymore! Out, baby, out!!!:D

Well, DDs had a ton of fun making/decorating cookies. I didn't eat toooooo many!

Just did 4 miles jogging/walking. A LS mishmosh if you will!;) I was feeling really heavy and not like exercising but I promised myself I'd stop if I wanted to after the first mile. I kept going....:D

Hope everyone had a great Saturday!

You're amazing, Kate. I can't help but chuckle imagining you jogging down the street---about ready to pop!!!!!!!!

Today went well, THREE days off. Cheers!!

Hi! I hope everyone has had a good day. We got a little shopping done...but I ended shopping online quite a bit. Gotta love that!
Kate-good job on not too much cookie dough and working out!
I made brownies today and DID eat too much...yuck!
Melanie-enjoy your days off..yayyy!
Time just flies doesnt it! On Oct 11 it will mark the 1 year mark for my 1st m/c 2nd on June 1st.
I just looked at my calander. If I don't concieve this month and try again next my due date would be July 20. NOw if I start school in late August would that be enough time?? Can you tell Im brainstorming here!
Ok I guess we are off to bed. DH is camping so Haley gets to sleep with me..and KICK me out of the bed! I swear she is so active in her sleep.
Oh Kate sending SLEEP VIBES your way.

Hi everyone :)
I've been really bad at checking in lately, havent i? And i really have no excuse!
I am doing fine, just enjoying time with my DH since he is off this weekend :) We dont see much of each other.

I havent had a good week - i checked my bank account two days ago and its ALOT lower than i had ever thought. its the lowest i've ever seen it and it scared me. i can not even buy groceries with what is in there. i'm wondering where it went?? I dont even buy things. I just pay the usual bills :( So i've been kind of down in the dumps, and worried and wdnering how i'm supposed to support this baby of ours. I was thinking of working two jobs. It just doesnt seem fair - 5 months preggers witha full time job, then trying to figure out how and when to work a second. I've never had this experience before. I've alwas managed to just get by but now i'm worried. My DH tells me I need to have faith, that I need to trust in the Lord that all of our needs will be met. Sometimes its hard becuase I worry about where money will come from to pay the next bill. What really kills me is the $800 HOA fee we owe here every three months at once. its a HUGE chunk of money and its really killing the finances :(

Sorry to vent...i've never felt this desperate and helpless before. Its not like i sit on my butt and dont work...

So..i've been kind of depressed the past couple of days and a little worried.

Working out felt good the past two days, good and FREE stress relief. Let's see yesterday i did Kelly Coffey Meyer Ready Step Go (45 min of step) and the ORIGINAL Buns of Steel - i got some good laughs off that one, it is sooooo dated. But whew do your glutes burn!

Today I did Sharon Money Twombleys Ahtletic Step Jam which is over 70 mins of straight steppin. It wore me out.

I'm still doing abs - i'll be 21 weeks. Is that bad? I've heard abs is a no no ut i feel fine when i do them. Of course i dont want to endanger my little bean..

Oh, i *think* i felt the baby move a few moments ago. It felt like a gas bubble but its in my lower stomach area so i'm not sure if its gas or baby. My husband felt it too. While we were watching Juno of all movies lol!

Tomorrow is Sunday already - we will go to church, then my DH has to help my dad move AGAIN into another place. This market has really dealt us all a crap hand. So while he is gone i will probably do cardio and a weight workout. I bought eggplant parm ingredients for dinner since it doesnt require much and i couldnt really afford too much food.

I did briefly read the past couple of days of the checkins

Autumn, i'm really sorry to hear about your loss. You will be in my prayers and I hope that you will be ok. Take care of yourself during this difficult time.

Sorry I dont have personals lately - i'm so far behind, i need to pick up one day and get back to it.

Oh, and Wed-Sun you wont hear from me. I dont have internet where i'll be going - at my moms in CT for my shower. Yay, i'm excited. I'm even brining my little dog with me. I booked before i looked at my checking account :( dont ask me how i'm going to pay for that :'(

Sorry for whining about things, i think i just needed to vent, cuz i'm kinda scared about my situation. And i know you guys always listen.

I hope you are all having a great weekend!

Hi Ladies,
Well, it's about 6:30a.m, and I didn't have to get up with insomnia (yeah). I "thought" my water broke last evening, but it turned out that it didn't after all-it was just "other stuff"-sorry to gross you out. But, my back hurt so darn bad that I just had to lay on my left side. I'll tell you...I am READY!!! I plan to do Yoga Momma after I post to help stretch some muscles that are much in need of a good stretch. That's the extent of my workout intensity these days:eek:.

Jen M-I am sorry hear about all the money woes, housing woes going on right now. That can make things SO stressful! I strongly suggest sitting down with DH and creating a budget. It's like a diet for your money, and it will help so much. I got sick and tired of opening up my checking acct balances online only to see the same thing (I thought there was more in there), so about 7 years ago, my brother (who was going through money issues of his own, but on the "reforming side" of them) suggested doing a budget. We use a program through Christian (or Crown) Financial Ministiries-something like that- called "Money Matters", and it uses an envelope method to budget-just like the old fashioned real envelope budget strategy, but this is on software. But, there are other programs out there. They are worth checking out b/c if you don't have to worry about money, there will be SO much less stress for you-especially now!

Yeah for the shower! You will get so much that you need for the baby. And, I bet you are looking forward to seeing friends/family too. Enjoy!!! When you have a 2nd, you get about 1/20th of the gifts:).

Oh, you made me laugh with the Original Buns of Steel:D. I used to do that on VHS in the early 90s! That is a tough one, though! Where did you find that? I love when he says, "Let's squeeze those cheeseburgers out of those thighs."

I'll be back later-I am off to exercise (if you could call it that):(.

-Jen

Susan, hugs on m/c anniverary dates. I can only imagine what that will be like. I am saddened that my birthday will always be marked by the m/c. July has always been a rough month for us. :( Time heals, I also think if I conceived, that too will help with the healing....although I might be a basket case worried that I might m/c again!!!

Susan, you'll want at least 6 weeks to be with you weeone before school starts---and even then it'll be hard to leave him/her. YOu have to do what's best for you. I"m pulling for you, girlfriend. YOu've certainly put in your "time". If we could only work hard and "earn" our rights to have healthy & perfect babes, eh? Hang in there!! Your on your 2WW, right? One week to go?

Morning!
Melanie I agree about the 6 weeks. I was just dreaming a little. DD was never in daycare and the thought of it gives me chills. If I happen to be preg my mom will be keeping the baby which helps a little...but the thought of not being with my baby ALL the time would take a lot of getting used to.
JenM-so sorry you are having finacial prob..arent we all!!! Everything has gone up in price..its riduculous. I agree with Jen, a budget it the way to go...then you always know where the money is going? Is HOA home owners association?? That is a HUGE hunk of money!! That would take a bite out of anyones bank account! Hang in there. It WILL all be ok!
Jen-you sound so ready!! Maybe today is your day!
Hi to everyone!!!!

Jen, things will work out, they HAVE too. One way or another. A budget helps (have had one for years) but unexpected expenses always put things out of wack. I have to put 1/2 my mortgage to the side every 2 weeks otherwise it'd be too big to pay at once. I've done that alot. Can you stash 1/3 of your HOA dues every month?
Susan, having your mom watch weeone will be HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, big bonus!!
Jen, I've never had my water break on my own. That's gotta be strange. You're so ripe, can't they just induce? I"m so impatient toward the end....

HI all, happy sunday :)
Thanks for your encouragement about my financial situation. I hve never had issues like this before. What really hurts it the child support my husband has to pay (3 kids from his first marriage) so a lot of the burden falls on me, ebcuase he simply just doesn't have any left over after he helps with the mortgage, some bills and his carnote :(
I would try to budget the HOA fee (which is RIDICULOUS if you ask me) but there is nothing there to save or budget. I spend more than I make, but on nothing unneccesary. Its all food, gas, mortgage and the house bills. I try to conserve as much as possible.

I didnt even preorder two workouts i really want becuase i cant afford the $30. ITs Kelly Coffey Meyers 30 min Bootcamp and 30 min Kickbox thats on preorder. And i enjoy her workouts! LOL. So i'm really trying to cut back.

I've always had money in the bank through being thrifty, working hard and doing overtime, and saving saving saving. But it all went downhill when i bought the first house in VA (that has foreclosed). A HUGE chunk of my savings went to a downpayment (STUPID) and then to move to florida they wanted 10% down to build new...so there went most of our retirement funds. Stupid stupid stuipd...if only we had waited a few more months. We could steal a house right now, saved the 10 percent and got some place without this awful fee and a lower mortgage. But hindsight is 20/20 right?

Sorry, noone wants to keep reading about this, as the whole country is struggling right now! I'm just in shock. I'm a responsible person and this is just a hard pill to swallow.

I will DEFINATELY enjoy my shower and seeing my mom. I leave early wednesday morning and my shower is Saturday. I do hope we get lots of things haha. Maybe gift cards becuase i'm flying and cant pack the big items. I seriously dont know what i'd do without my mom...she's the best and helps me out even when its rough for her.

We are slowly acquiring things we need. I have a crib and mattress, armoire, some clothing i got cheap on craigslist (looks new) and that i got on clearance, and we also have a pack n play, a stroller and a car seat. so a lot of the big ticket items are here. I just need a swing, a changing table, and a high chair. and i want a breast pump which is very expensive. of course we need mroe clothing and diapers and bottles and feeding things etc, but with time i'll acquire all that. cant wait to see what i get at the shower!

My DH just left to help my dad move. He totally did not want to but luckily for my dad he can count on him

I'm about to try a new workout called Strendurance - its got 6 20-30 min workouts on it, not sure how many i'll do. its meant to be a 12 (?) week program for endurance athletes, cuz thats what i am ya know! haha YEA RIGHT!! But i'll just use it for cardio and see how it goes. Then i'll do some Ripped and Chiseled with Jari Love for my full body weight work.

I also need to vacuum..and scrub the walls...dog boogers everywhere, its soooo nasty and i hate cleaning but it irks me whenever i see it so i need to do something about it!

hope you all have a great sunday, thanks for listening

oh jen about buns of steel, i did chuckle at the squeeze your cheeseburgers out of your thighs LOL. I got it at the dollar store years ago and did it once and forgot. then i saw a thread on VF Exchange that said its released on DVD! So i pulled it out again and did it. I know my friend wnated it and paid $20 something dollars for the VHS!! But i picked it up at the dollar store not really know ing what it was about.

Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday.
JenM-so explain the dog boogers on the wall:rolleyes: I have never encourned this with my dogs. Oh and I had the nicest changing table and only used it a few times. I always changed Haley on our bed and it just seemed to work better...and you have more working room. You seem to be just about ready with the big stuff..good deal!
Our house in Mississippi still has not sold. We are giving it a few more months..then lowering the price BIG time and see what that does.

Yes, Jen. Times are tough for so many people right now, but it WILL work. You'll get thru it.

I"m struggling a little right now, with all the miscarriage bills (about $4000) and then my eldest just broke his thumb (Xrays) and my husbands eye surgery that we're still making payments on (about $2000 left). Then I was off work unpaid for 3 weeks in August. Blah Blah Blah. I"m depressed thinking I may have to work more hours just to pay medical bills, and if I did get pg right now it'd be tough to pay more medical bills....and bitter that I have to pay for a miscarriage & have no baby to show for it. :( (and I"m not even going to mention the foreclosure we're going thru).

Anywho, I know I will get thru it, and life could be so much tougher. We are so wealthy compared to other countries.

Kind of on a side note, I contemplated not buying carmex yesterday b/c it was hard to justify that it was TWO DOLLARS for a little tube, when it seems like just yesterday it was 79 cents! My burning lips won, I bought it, but I"m guarding it---I will not wash this tube in the laundry! LOL

Dog boogers , are well...LOL. I guess some of it isnt dog boogers but i just call them that. We have all white walls since we havent painted in the year we lived here (the house was new when we purchased). Our two dogs have a bad habit of rubbing themselves against the white walls. so they make them dirty. Also if they have eye boogers or nose boogers or food particles and they rub against the walls, it gets transfered from their face to our nice white walls. or sometimes if the bullie shakes his head ickies will go a flyin. So...that what i mean by dog booger! :) It took me over 2 hours last time to clean them.

I did my workouts and showered and vacumed. I onyl removed a couple boogers from the front door and nearby wall. i have to get dinner started shortly and im tired so i guess that'll just have to wait

thanks for your encouragement. i know times are tough for everyone. we always managed to get by but this time i'm a little worried. i could not even afford groceries for the week. so at work i wont be eating much and luckily my husband will be working most of the days i'm gone so he is ok with sandwiches on the go :(

but tonite im having real food, so at least i can feed him real food at least one nite this week!

better get it started...

JenM-ok now I understand....lol. My dog Bubbles is a poodle and they are notorius for getting eye boogers. I feel like Im cleaning her eyes all the time!! My dads dog used to rub on the walls. I wonder why they do that??
Melanie-we have just daignosed Haley with ringworm. I have read that antifungal is the way to go. Any suggestions on what to get?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.