Week of 4/6 - 4/12 Pregnancy checkin

lcobb2

Cathlete
Hi All!

I can't believe I'm 36 weeks tomorrow. I've had bad dreams about the baby for the last two nights (stillborn). So sad and scary. Anyone else have this?

No more little hiccups, but now it's:

"Mommy, let's play soccer!"
or
"Watch me swim."
or
"See how long I can make my body!"
or
"See how far out I can kick my leg so you look like a lopsided watermelon!"

LOL. Ryan is MUCH less active during the day when I'm exercising or with a client in the gym, but sure enough when I want to sleep s/he lets me know, "I love you--and here's a big hug from the inside."

Here's a pic that my hubby took this weekend. It's was beautiful in Germany.

Attachments

• 2009-04-04 018.jpg
    2009-04-04 018.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 41
Hello everyone.
Laura time is starting to go fast in one way and slow in another haha. It makes me nuts knowing he could come next week or a whole month from now. Thats part of why the wait is so ruff. I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow. starting to look super huge. my belly really sticks out like a bullet or something haha. I wish I could do more for exercise but sometimes just walking is ruff. I really gotta have the baby before I can get back into the swing of things. sigh!

Hi Jess,

Yeah, I'm ready, but do not want to go early. It's just too soon (36 weeks today). Sorry so short. I'm swamped and have to play caregiver to my dh and work a full day. More soon!

It looks like we're the only ones left here. Where is everyone????:(

Yay Laura! You finally look like you are having a baby!!! LOL! You look great! How do you feel? How are you too Jess? How is the hip pain? Yes, putting on pants/socks is very painful. It is like you cant even lift your foot one millimeter w/o pain in the pubic bone.

Guess what? I did BM2 today - cardio only since I lifted lower body yesterday and upper body pyramid on Sunday. Wow was it great. I could have done the whole thing but I was too sore from lifting those other two days. Also, the baby woke up right when I was done, for a feeding. I have been doing abs about 5-6 times per week too for the past 2 weeks. Somedays I do them twice a day. I love ab work. Anyway, he is 4 weeks tomorrow. I know I haven't been cleared to do these type of workouts, but I feel so so so great I couldnt help it. Besides, I worked out sooner than this w/ my other post pregnancies and was completely fine. Just wanted to share my excitement. Now, to control my eating...that is another story. I can't keep my hand out of the snack drawer while I wait for his bottle to heat up in the kitchen. :(

Okay, ttyl.

Clarissa

I am here!
Still pregnant, and looking forward to my first checkup next week. I am eating everything in sight (no morning sickness!) and have not gained any weight :p
My exhaustion tells me that my body is doing hard work, though.

Jess and Laura - you guys are so close, I hope the time is going faster for you at the end than it is for me at the beginning.

Clarissa - unfortunately its the same. starting to bother me at night too esp when rolling over etc. I have to move in incriments instead of all at once. ugh. Glad your workouts are going well.

Dragonfly -goodluck at your first checkup! :)

Laura -well guess mine could come anytime since he's officially full term. 37 weeks today. On the april expecting forum I visit lots of babys were born that early. Although I don't expect him too. I'm guessing since my second son who came on his own being a week late is more like it'll go. ugh. I'm just nervous he'll be huge. my DH is 6'1". He was almost an 11 lb baby at his birth. ack!

Laura and Calvillo, 36 and 37 weeks -- home stretch for you both!!

My OB had to reschedule my Friday appt, so I go this Thursday for my 16 week check-up. We told my stepkids this weekend, and the oldest (16) did not take it well at all. I was disappointed, but then I remembered she wasn't very "gracious" (I'm being VERY kind LOL) when I was pregnant with my DD either.

DD's b'day is this Friday -- can't believe she'll be 3 already!

I did well with my exercising this past week and today, finally :). Legs & Glutes, a 9 mile walk, All-Step, CTX Upper Body, Pilates During Pregnancy for 4 days, and 4DS Kickbox (no weights).

Thanks to you all. I love the baby belly, but was up 3x last night with Ryan "swimming" in me.

I'm so frustrated!!! I had my appt. yesterday and they did the fetal monitoring again. Ryan'ss heartbeat is strong and s/he is moving a lot. No problem with the size either. However, all of the midwives (and even the doctor made brief mention) kept talking about how small I am! I've lost a pound, and I can tell I'm a little thinner even though the baby is growing. I realize that the baby is likely taking from my stores. I'm trying to eat every two hours (small meals), but I'm just not hungry. Plus, I've really put my workouts on hold (not as strenous, and today not at all), and sit my butt down as to not move around too much. I sit all day at work as well and barely have clients now (maybe one a day at most).

Clarissa--I'm so happy that you're working out again. I imagine how much you missed it. I've been looking you up on Facebook. ;-)

Jess-so sorry that you're in pain.

Hi PennStater--great to hear that you're exercising went well. A 9 mile walk? That's awesome!

Hi ladies! I can't believe you guys are in the home stretch! I wish you all the best of luck and healthy deliveries.

I am 8 weeks this week and still have m/s. I still have no energy to workout but I heard that will come back soon enough. Funny thing is, I don't really miss it right now. I get alot more done at night. Hee hee....Oh well. It all evens out in the end.

Pennstater- Way to go for the workouts! I can't wait to start back up again. (I think)

Dragonfly- Have a great first appointment! Good luck!

Calvillo- 11 lbs!! Wow! I hope you don't go that long!

Hi to everyone else!

Sweetpea, I just did not have much energy the first 12 weeks. I would fall asleep on the couch while DD watched cartoons, and would sometimes nap when she did. Your body is working so hard in those early weeks (well, it's working hard the whole time, but you figure you're creating a nervous system, a skeletal system, a brain, etc), of course you don't feel like yourself!! But hopefull you'll feel like yourself in a few weeks' time.

Laura, it sounds like the baby is doing great! And it sounds like the doctors and midwives are not worried about your 1 pound loss, correct? I would be easing back on workouts too. Your eating schedule sounds like a good plan; maybe you could increase your healthy fat intake too?

--Allison

Laura- if you want a heavy and healthy baby, just eat the omega 3 eggs like I did all thru pregnancy with the yolks still in them. I know that contributed to the gain in baby and little gain in myself. I also had tuna - but a safe amount weekly as well as string cheese, PB, lots of skim milk and full-fat pudding snacks. Also, big time on the green veggies. I am so glad I ate the way I did. How much have you gained so far? I know last time you mentioned it, it was very little.

Hello everyone.
Had my 37 week appt today. My platelets dropped to 90,000. still not shocking but not good esp since I have 3 weeks left. I've already passed the line for not getting meds. I may have to beg the anesthesiologist. ha. I still need to go there one day to the consult with them. They are talking of inducing now. Have a date for the 21st but it can always be canceled. don't see that happening though. we'll see. I kinda hoped theyd do the steriods but they didnt' want to and did the induction date instead.
I did the L&D tour. The L&D rooms are so small. like a mini room. they said they used to just be labor rooms. They are building more space now but that won't affect me. Thats ok though. the mother/baby rooms are ok. Seems as long as they don't have a super baby boom day I'll get my own private room. Thats what I really want. I want to rest when the baby is sleeping. last time I couldn't cause I had a loud roommate with tons of friends/family there. I had been in labor overnight and had NO sleep. sigh.
Well anyway. thats it. ;)

I was listening to my amy bento soundtrack to one of her workouts in the car (ipod) and I miss working out haha. oh well. not long now!

I know what you mean about missing working out Jess. That is how I felt everytime I logged on here and read about someone working out while prego or PP. I was sorta envious and stuff. Sorry you cant get meds but you know how I feel about that now that I went thru what I did. They are great....when they work... :)

Do you not want to get induced?? I was induced w/ all 3. I LOVE it! I love to plan and know when things are going to happen. Well, anyway, gotta go! Take care.

Clarissa -well only reason I don't is cause on the expecting forum I'm on they keep warning of the complications that can happen.. for babys health and higher risk of emergency c section. I was induced with my first for medical reasons and it went ok though.

Jess-so sorry that you're not feeling well and that you may have to be induced. I've never had a child so I can't speak to that.

Thanks for the support. I've cut back a lot on my workouts, nothing intense even to break a sweat, and just very low intensity cardio. I usually didn't eat anything until 9am when I got to work, but I've decided to increase that by eating in the morning: the last two mornings, I've had to large PB & chocolate (made with wholewheat flour, splenda, egg whites) smothered with sunflower butter. I also added two big handfuls of nuts to my morning breakfast along with a full cup of powdered milk. Last night my husband and I had Doners without the meat, but with tzatiki sauce and feta (pasturized) cheese and tons more veggies. http://blogs.liverpooldailypost.co....y/2008/06/confessions-of-a-girl-behaving.html

I hate even writing this for those of you who are struggling because of excess weight gain or who have a hard time losing weight. I have a small frame, am pretty active, and love working out so the eating part hasn't been a problem. It's just that the baby is getting bigger, but I'm not gaining weight which means that my fat stores are being depleted. So, I guess I have a rare opportunity to eat crap, which I don't like to do. Well, such is life!

Laura -hope you can gain the weight you need to. Have fun splurging ha. I think I'd enjoy that if I didn't feel guilty. :) My weight seems to have leveled out but I think the last few weeks thats ok. I've gained more than enough over all. but thankfully if it goes like before I'll loose it all pretty quick.

I'm really just not gung ho on the induction cause I don't think its really necessary. I am surprized they'd induce actually for that. It might be better for me to be left alone cause of the platelets. I want to talk to the other dr next week about it more in depth.

just found this funny thing today at the store. a battery powered nasal sucker! I read reviews and most are great. I just know babies HATE the bulb kind and I usually had to hold them still while they screamed bloody murder to clear their noses out. ugh! babies really can't handle having stuffy noses so I think its pretty cool. It plays music too. many parents said their kids actually LIKE it? ha

http://www.amazon.com/Graco-Nasal-Clear-Nasel-Aspirator/dp/B001PBFWMO/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_t

Skyy- feeling ok. very tired lately. Gosh it seems like I have a never ending list lately of things to do daily and I'm plum wore out by the end of the day. Wednesday I spent almost all day at the hospital.. my poor kids! I had to get bloodwork done, my dr appt and then the L&D tour. All spread out was like 5 hrs. ugh! (lots of waiting they are SOO slow and behind there) I finally sold our snakes. Yeah snakes! I'm so tired of cleaning up after them when my kids don't even hold them. I also was taking care of mice. ugh. I'm so relieved their gone. One thing less to worry about.
I went in today to see the anesthesiologist and its a training holiday UGH! wasted trip. So I did my admissions paperwork since I was already there. When I turned that in my youngest left his leapster and a bunch of games in the case in the waiting room. We panicked later when we got home and realized it was gone. I had done more errands after that so I called around the places we went and the hospital. Finally figured out where it was probably at IN the hospital and sure enough they had it. I had to drive all the way back over there to get it. then we did one more errand I was going to do tomorrow to make it worth the trip. oy! thats only part of it. seems like daily I'm running around like a chicken with its head off. Seems I have to have EVERYTHING in order before the baby comes. I'm always making returns/exchanges etc. lol. I hope I can relax when he gets here.

OK sorry to go on and on. ha. Well anyway I was going to update with my 37 week pic. I had to do the ole in the mirror shot. No one knows how to use my camera so even if I had someone here they couldn't help. sigh.

Attachments

• IMG_4101web.jpg
    IMG_4101web.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.