Week of 3/9 Pregnancy Check-in

lcobb2

Cathlete
Hi all,

Just getting us started. I saw Marley and Me last night--what a cry fest! It was interesting to see the story and how it unfolded with pregnancy/kids as well. I had a terrible night--lots of waking up, heartburn, Ryan swimming all around, and woke up with a charley horse. I even called my client at 2:45 am (on her cell as not to wake her) to cancel because I knew I wouldn't be in the right "place" to train her. I did Legs & Glutes this morning and got sick on my vitamins! Ugh. I'm typing this and all I want to do is take a nap. My boss is out so I might very well go home early. I hope all is well with you!

Laura, I bet you can't wait to be done with training as I know how hard it is on your body. As much as I like it (I had a dream about it last night actually!) it is best for you to not be doing it, if you are anything like me and "do a lot" with your clients.

I can't believe I am still here. I see dr today at 3:40 pm. I usually see him at 8 am so I am pretty upset that I go that late. I will wait for hours as by that time he is truly backed up. Going early is the best. UGH! Also, this means I have to eat lightly all day... I despise being scale-heavy even though I am pregnant. This little skinny nurse always weighs me and I feel huge next to her. I know she sees it all, but she knows I am a trainer so if I am heavy on the scale I am embarrassed. Does that make sense?

Anyway, can't wait to be done. I better get good news today or else! ;)

Clarissa

No way! I love training! It's so much fun, when I'm not tired. Today is just a challenge, but yesterday (for example) was great! I had four clients only, but loved every single second of it. The bummer is that I thoroughly enjoy training all of my clients. I'm going to take a nap now and then heading out to the gym to train someone. yeah!!!

Good luck today. And, yes, I HATE getting weighed. :eek:

Laura, I bet you can't wait to be done with training as I know how hard it is on your body. As much as I like it (I had a dream about it last night actually!) it is best for you to not be doing it, if you are anything like me and "do a lot" with your clients.

I can't believe I am still here. I see dr today at 3:40 pm. I usually see him at 8 am so I am pretty upset that I go that late. I will wait for hours as by that time he is truly backed up. Going early is the best. UGH! Also, this means I have to eat lightly all day... I despise being scale-heavy even though I am pregnant. This little skinny nurse always weighs me and I feel huge next to her. I know she sees it all, but she knows I am a trainer so if I am heavy on the scale I am embarrassed. Does that make sense?

Anyway, can't wait to be done. I better get good news today or else! ;)

Clarissa

My least fav part of the appt is getting weighed also. I haven't gained anything the last few weeks though which is odd for me. but hey I'm not complaining. I still have my headache from yesterday. Feel like I'm going to be sick too. ugh. The baby sure likes kicking to the right of my ribs. he has this spot he pushes and kicks so much feels like he wants out or something lol. I thought I felt the shape of a foot the other night he was pushing so hard. I was going to gently press in so he doesn't push so hard and felt something that felt like a small foot, then he pulled it back. Is that nuts?? It was really small but I guess his feet are really small. Hes also getting hiccups like twice a day. Had some this morning already.

My baby boy is kicking my right ribs too. It feels like a bruise all day long. I am also just beaten up in the cervix everyday too. The shooting pains hurt so bad that they paralize me in my tracks. I am serious. I can't even move from the sharpness of them and I have to push on my pubic bone when I pee to move his head out of the way. His head actually blocks my ability to get urine out. Yesterday I had to stand to go everytime. It is very odd. If I am past my due date (this Sat) I will freak the heck out. For real. For goodness sakes, it is my 3rd baby. I will go on a rampage! You all best stay clear from me on that night if I am still around! LOL~

I hope you feel better soon, Jess. I will write later after my appt this evening.

Clarissa

Clarissa - I hope your baby comes soon!! I got those shooting pains too with my last son and I expect this little guys going to do the same. I get them but they aren't as severe as they got with my last son but thats probably a matter of time till hes positioned "just right" to get me good. ugh!! I would yelp in pain when he did it too and everyone would look back at me like what was that?! but then it'd happen all the time so they knew.

Hi all! It is 3 am and I can't sleep. I am having some milk. It usually helps me fall asleep.

I went to the dr. and I am about 3 cm and about 70% effaced. I told him how I nearly limp at night due to my diastasis and now sciatica. He could see how uncomfortable I was. So, I am being induced tomorrow (wed the 11th) at 8 am! Not c-section, hopefully; I will only be like 3-4 days early. He took an ultrasound to make sure he is heavy enough....baby is measuring already at 8 lbs 11oz. Then dr. knew it was the right thing. He said baby is "overly baked" already!

I just want you to know that I won't be like Jen and Skyy and have the ability to post pics and email you all from the hospital. It won't be until like the weekend at the earliest. Just know I am there and thinking of you ladies!

Clarissa

Good Luck!

Good luck, Clarissa, and everyone. At just 11 weeks, a bit overly tired, and already feeling huge (yikes), I feel a lot of support just reading your posts. I'll be routing for a healthy, safe, and fast birth for you!

Dawn

Hi Dawn! Welcome to the forum. I'm so glad you came on board. I felt big at 11 weeks, but kept wondering when I'd start showing. It took awhile, but it finally happened.

Clarissa! Yay! :) Early congrats to you and baby. 8 pounds 11oz is a good size. Mine was 10 pounds and surpised us all, even the midwife. SHe is already changing so much.
I hope you have a very easy birth and that everything goes well. Soon you will be holding your little munchkin in your arms. Post pics when you are ready, but in the meantime enjoy your new bundle and focus on your recovery. Best of luck to you!

Good morning to everyone else, just popping in to say hi. I miss you guys! I Dont post regulalry anymore. I feel like i dont really have a check in at the moment lol. ANd im bad about keeping up with internet now - baby takes up a lot of time, but no complainants here.

Mom is flying in shortly, so we are looking forward to grandma's visit. I hope you all have a great week, and again good luck to you Clarissa!!

Clarissa -I hope it all goes smoothly! Sounds about the size of my last one he was 8 lb 13 oz. I can't wait to hear about him and see pics ;)

Dawn - Hang in there. The first trimester was ruff for me. I did get hit with SUPER bad exhaustion. It finally left but I'm starting to be a bit tired again. I think its just from carrying around this big belly now though. I hope you get your energy back soon. On another forum I am on many said they started feeling better around 12 weeks.. some a few weeks later. But it'll hopefully be soon.

Jen - good to see you when you can checkin ;) Hope you have a good visit with your mom!

Thank you all. I will miss you while I am away. I am getting nervous, of course.

I'll post pics and news when I can but it won't be from the hospital.

Take care,
Clarissa

PS - Welcome, Dawn!

Hello.....

Just sticking my head in to say good luck tomorrow Clarissa!!!

Hope everyone is doing well. I haven't posted much lately... just like Jen, I don't don't really know where to check in at the moment.

Hi to everyone

Jen and Skyy -you both are definetly more than welcome to stick around here a while. ;) And on the mommy checkin too I'm sure. I'd love to hear how the little ones are doing. I'm getting impatient for mine now. ha. :)

Clarissa- good luck!! ;)

Jen & Skyy--please stick around!!! I can only speak for myself, but I'd love to have you here--even if you're not preggo. ;)

I am in the worst freakin' mood. A woman is here meeting with one of my co-workers, Jen. Jen was at her desk, the woman was in the kitchen and I walked into the kitchen to get some coffee. Here's the dialogue:

The woman: "When are you due?"

Me: "What do you mean?"

The woman: "When are you due?"

Me: "May 5th. How did you know?" Wondering if there's been talk in the office or if someone told her.

The woman: "I've worked OB too long and you have a little bump there."

Me: (Officially irritated that people even have the gall to say something--what if I had a tumor???? I know someone who had a tumor the size of a watermelon in her abdomen area. Some people may have assumed she was pregnant, but I knew better as she informed me about the tumor. Talk about sticking your foot in your mouth if I would've said anything to her in an inappropriate way?!? "Well, these are size 6 pants and they're not maternity so I think that I'm doing better than a lot of people. Even those who aren't pregnant."

Yeah, that last statement was a little mean as it was a "jab" at her (and her weight, as she is obese), but you know, what goes around comes around--just because a woman is pregnant doesn't give the entire freakin' world the right to talk about her body. Okay, so I'm hormonal and you can tell me to "get over it." But please don't. ;-)

I have no problem saying things to people and calling them on their sh!t, but I know that's not the tactic that too many people take. So, for those of you who do the same, how do you handle these types of comments?

Last edited:
Laura -are you sure she meant it in a rude way to ask when your due? People ask me when I'm due all the time and they mean it nicely. It is a bit dangerous to ask when someones due just incase they have something else going on but if its obvious your preggo its not really rude IMO. I don't want people walking on egg shells around me. I mean as long as they don't say something with the obvious intent of being rude I let things roll off my back. Threads like this pop up constantly on an expecting forum I'm on and some I wonder if were just to sensitive with our preggo hormones? There isn't anything wrong with being preggo and looking like it afterall. Being noticed as preggo doesn't mean they think your "fat". I show off my bump. I bought cute maternity clothes and everyone I know knows I'm expecting. I'm a bit afraid to say anything to any preggo mom now cause I'm afraid of how they'll take it. So do I have to ignore the elephant in the room and never notice or mention anything about their pregnancy?(if its someone I see often) I get noticed by strangers too but usually any comments I can tell are just friendly chit chat. If she was saying it in some nasty judgemental way that'd be another thing though. I've yet to have someone talk to me that way though and I know I must be bigger than you cause my belly is pretty out there.

Well, my appt is today. I'll get my blood drawn first then see the dr. Hope its good news. sigh!

HI Jess,

Yes, nothing wrong with showing, but you must understand that I know this person. I haven't had to buy anything as everything is hand-me-downs. The biggest issue is that this woman doesn't work with me everyday (maybe I see her once every three-to-six months). It wasn't what she said rather than HOW she said it. That's the biggest issue for me. Yes, people are excited and happy for me, but they also must deal with the non-golden rule (I don't like the "Golden Rule"):

Rather than "treat others how you'd like to be treated"

than

"treat others how THEY would like to be treated."

I can understand if you don't understand this (as most folks don't when I explain this to them as a licensed professional counselor), but the issue is more of:

Treat others how THEY want to be treated. As I was consistently trained (by my mother and as an ethical professional counselor):

Treat others as they want to be treated. Which is with caution. No, it's not necessarily hormones, but in terms of just being real with where I'm at. Regardless of what she wants to say, consider the recipient. If she doesn't "get" this....TOUGH!!!

Hey ladies! I wanted to check-in quickly too to say "hi!". We're all doing well. DH was sick for a few days (from Sat to about yesterday). Nothing like having to hurry up the c-section healing process. Totally stunk, but am feeling way ahead of the last c-section I had.

Clarissa! Congratulations! Very exciting news! Happy birthday to your little guy!

Hello to Skyy, Jen, Jess, Laura and Dawn!

Here are a few more pics of Emily at the hospital. I need to take some new ones now that she's a week old.

Hope everyone's doing great!
Tana

Attachments

• 2009-03-06 004.jpg
    2009-03-06 004.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 19
  • 2009-03-05 004.jpg
    2009-03-05 004.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 16
Laura - no I kwym about how you want to be treated. If this woman knew better and also HOW she said it is important then I understand. I mean if people genuinely are meaning to be nice then I don't let it bother me even if I could take something the wrong way if I wanted to. I've heard plenty foot in mouth comments. ha. but they were well meaning. But if someone was meaning to poke and annoy you or upset you then that isn't right even if what they say sounds ok. You can catch the intent.

Tana -oh shes so precious!! ;) TFS more pics!! more more!

well my appt was pretty uneventful. Some drs seem very concerned others not so much. Bascially she said they won't do steriods unless it drops VERY low so we arent' there yet. They are just above 100,000 right now. so they have gone down more as expected. Basically I got a strong vibe from her I shouldn't expect an epidural this time either way. whaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I'm a serious baby this time around. ugh. Last time really kicked my rear though. my first baby wasn't too hard. My second... wow. Well I was up all night on top of it too. He decided to start coming in the middle of the night before I got any sleep.
Well oh well. sigh.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.