Week of 3/2 Pregnancy Check-in

Clarissa

Cathlete
Good morning everyone. How are you all? I am not so good this morning.

I am constipated I guess from alfredo sauce and too much string cheese (one stick a day). So last night I had stabbing pains that I thought was labor (it was just my system all backed up stinging me sharply). And we all know what yucky and embarrassing thing comes with constipation. I am miserable you guys, miserable. I have good points in the day, but the night is just awful. Waiting is the hardest part. I know in the scheme of things, it will all be over soon, but geez, when you are this far along and you get up more than once an hour to pee at night, you feel every single 24 hour of every single day, you know?

Okay, hope you all are well. I'll be checking in later.

Clarissa

Sorry your not feeling good Clarissa :(
I had a ruff night too.. but my deal is I have gas for some reason and it gets trapped around my belly. so pretty uncomfy. My back and neck were killing me all night too for some reason. thats a first. sigh. so I didn't sleep well at all last night. I could use a good massage. :(

Well hope everyone else feels ok. I think daylight savings is this weekend? I'd better find out for sure.

So Tana and Skyy are you ready for your babies to come :) 2 more days!! yay!!

Hi everyone.

Clarissa... hope that you feel better soon!! Night time does seem to be worst for me than day as well.

Jess.... Yep!! Just 2 more days!! I am getting so excited that it is not funny.

How about this for pampering myself..... We went to a Pacer's game!! It was fun. I was trying to bring on labor by running up some stairs...... it didn't work. oh well.......But it did feel good to be somewhat active!

I only get 42 days Maternity leave after the baby arrives. Then I have to take 2 weeks vacation time so that I can be with her for two months before I have to come back to work. That’s not bad I guess, I know that some get 12 weeks off. That would be wonderful.

Well… I am at work….. (and I am working if anyone asks…)….. so got to run. (walk really, really, slowly…..) later.

Skyy- so excited for you! Are you having a c-section or just an induction in general? I can't seem to remember.

Same question for you too, Tana.

Can't WAIT to see the new baby pics!!

Clarissa

Yep, only 2 more days!! Yippee!! Skyy, the bball game sounds like fun! We loved going to Rockets games when we lived in Houston.

Clarissa, you're getting close too! Only 1 1/2 wks until your due date! woohoo! = )

I'm having the c-section. I've heard the second one doesn't hurt as bad as the first....goodness, I hope that's true.

I've been really emotional the last few days. I keep bursting into tears. My FIL said the meanest things to me Sat night. He basically said I'm overprotective and am not doing anything good by it for my son ("only hurting him"). He criticized my ability to discipline (or inability in his eyes) and a bunch of other stuff. I know I shouldn't take it to heart b/c he is rarely around anyways and how can he judge when he doesn't see the whole picture. He also can't judge b/c his own son (my DH) is still scared and intimidated of him at age 40. So obviously not a "father-of-the-year" winner. Still hurt my feelings though. Probably the worst things anybody has ever said to me. = (

Oh Tana sorry!! I'm glad your FIL doesn't live nearby then!!! don't let it bother you. We all have to do the best we can and by how we feel is right. Everyone is different that way. It's really not his business anyway. He had his kids to raise now you have yours. If he wanted to give advice he should do it in a kind way or shut it IMO and you can listen or not listen. HUGS!
I hope your C section goes smoothly and you do have a quicker healing/recovery. :)

Skyy-glad you had a fun day at the game. Can't wait to see more baby pics soon on here. Its getting me excited. ha.

Last edited:
Tana.... It was mean of your FIL to say that to you just days before you deliver!! I'm with Jess.... He raised his kids, he should let you raise yours and be more sensitive to what is going on with you right now.

Clarisssa... I am getting induced. I am planning on a natural childbirth (except for the poticn) so we will see how it goes.

Jess... I hope that tonight is a better night for you.

Tana--your FIL seems like a jerk (no offense--maybe just insensitive, but of course he's never been pregnant)!

Skyy--I can't wait to see the pics!

Jess--I'm having gas too. I actually woke myself up twice last night. And I've seriously considered getting a massage.

Other than that, my appetite has taken a serious dive. I just can't eat big meals at all. And I love to eat! The workouts are going fairly well, but that's thanks to the Tylenol. Yesterday, I was able to do back (at the gym), and 4DS Kick Box and today was Legs (4DS with lots of extra sets) and 4DS Boot Camp (modified big time). It was so fun! Plus, I can still walk on the treadmill at 15% incline at 4.0 (today for 20 minutes only). I'm really pleased with that.

Question for you all. I'm not leaking yet, but if I squeeze my nipples the milk comes in a little bit in "beads". When should I expect to have a little more come in?

Laura - it won't come in until after the baby is born. By the way your pics looked good. You still don't even look pregnant to me.

Last edited:
Wow. So, right when the baby is born, I'll give her/him the colostrum (is that what I'm squeezing out????) and then the milk comes?

How are you feeling? Need/want to vent? :(

Laura - it won't come in until after the baby is born. By the way your pics looked good. You still don't even look pregnant to me.

Yes, the colostrum is like for a day, and then your milk comes in. Something like that. Milk is not instant actually, believe it or not!

My mom is coming over today. If u want, you can call tomorrow tho. let me know what time!

Bummer. I have to drive to northern Germany tomorrow morning to give a briefing to the British Army. I'll be back on Friday. Sorry! I'll miss out on the phone call at least for a few days. :(

Yes, the colostrum is like for a day, and then your milk comes in. Something like that. Milk is not instant actually, believe it or not!

My mom is coming over today. If u want, you can call tomorrow tho. let me know what time!

By the time she leaves, you will be in bed, your time!

Well, with any luck, I won't be around here on Friday (i wish)!

Just wanted to say good luck to Skyy and Tana tomorrow. I'm thinking about you both so much! How exciting!
Clarissa

hi ladies
hope you dnt mind me saying hello real quick :) I hope you are all doing well. Skyy and tana good luck with your c sections tomorrow. soon you will be holding your little one in your arms. i still ant stop staring at mine and never want to put her down. She has changed so much in a week. i just want time to stand still so i can enjoy her as an infant forever.

laura, about the breast milk, right now you have colostrum. the baby will feed off that for a couple days then all of a sudden you milk will come in. usually 4-5 days before your milk shows up. your body just sort of knows when the baby is ready for milk. all they need in the beginning is the colostrum though. mie is feeding like a champ and sleeps sooo much during the day (but mommy can never get to sleep at nite). my nipples hurt like crazy and have big cuts on them. i hope thats normal and im sticking with nursing..

hello to everyone else, just wanted to say hi rel quick while i had 2 free hands

So nice to hear from you Jen! We miss u!

Yes, everything you are going thru w/ the breastfeeding is normal. I hope to have a much better time this 3rd try. If not, I am not going to let others make me feel guilty about it (like nurses who hound you at the hospital, adamant friends, etc). I will switch to formula if need be. I will give it another try though for my baby! It is my dream to breastfeed with no problems!

You take care of yourself and Eva!

Clarissa

Hello everyone! DS and I had a full day of mother-son fun. We were without internet all day so I'm trying to get in a quick hello. I felt bad for DH since his office is in our house and everything he does (including his phone) is internet based. So the poor guy went golfing. Haahaha

Thanks for the words about the situation with my FIL. DH tried to talk to him today to tell him how it really hurt my feelings and it will be a long time before I will be able to forgive him. FIL, however, is supersensitive and takes everything as a personal attack (yep, a bit of a jerk, Laura) so it probably made things worse. We'll see tomorrow since that's where DS is staying for 2 nights. Ugh...I really wish DH would let me take DS somewhere else. At least I love my MIL.

Also, thank you for the well wishes! Skyy, I hope you're getting some good sleep tonight. Tomorrow's a big day! You're up next, Clarissa! = )

Jen, I'm so happy for you and your family! It's making me so anxious to meet little Emily. I hope I can sleep tonight. I remember the night DS was born. I was awake the whole night just staring at him in awe. They really are a miracle.

Morning all.
I went and got my pics done yesterday. I like the ones she took outdoors so I'll share a few of those later. I may still do a few of my own with backdrops/lights. SHe is a natural light photographer so didn't have much as far as that goes.
I am being super self concious though now cause I could see some chub on my face/neck. ack!!!! I don't see it when I look in the mirror but I see it in some of the pics. Thats IT! I'm back on track with working out. I've even slacked on my eating too so I gotta do better. I worked out last night even though I was super tired and it was ruff ha. My legs are sore today. Yesterday I drove about an hour away for that and I "stopped by" Ikea on the way home. That turned into a 3 hour maze walk, that place is HUGE!! the lady at the checkout said it was a mile and a half walk.
Well anyway, Just gotta get moving again though. I'm going to see if my neighbor wants to walk in the evenings again too.

Tana and Skyy -goodluck today!! Hope everything goes smoothly and we get to hear baby announcements soon! :)

Wow Jess. You look amazing! You're due again when? My belly looks just like yours, just that I have dropped now and everything and I am a bit bigger of course!
I know what you mean about seeing chub in the face - I don't mean on you!!! I mean on myself. I feel pretty in the mirror at home, then I see pics from a party I went to 2 weeks ago and I deleted them. I couldn't believe that was me. Goodness I looked fat all over - arms and nech and everything!

You looked great to me though in those pics!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.