Week of 2/23 Pregnancy Check in

lcobb2

Cathlete
Hi all,

Just getting us started this week.

Jen--My heart goes out to you! I'm so sorry that you have to go through this! I have no idea what it's like as this is my first and I have no experience.

You all are so great. I just want you to know that with a full-time and part-time job, I post when I can. I'm not trying to be aloof, I just post whenever I can get a free minute.

Yeah, 6-7 lbs weight gain in 7.5 months is great, but last night was my first night sleeping in the guest room. The leg swelling has started (but no canckels yet) so I have to sleep with my feet elevated. I get terrible congestion so I have to sleep with my head elevated as well (I already use a fan and humidifyer). I look like a "V" when I sleep. Plus, I have terrible pelvic girdle pain on my lower left back so almost every step I take is painful--thank God for Tylenol (doctor says it's okay to take). I have to sleep with a pillow between my knees when I'm on my side and I need more room with the 9-10 pillows in the bed. However, I wake up at least three times a night to either pee, turn over, or re-elevate my legs. So, I'm in the guest room with a queen bed all to myself. The good thing is that it's next to the nursery so I'm really getting ready for baby. I can't do any Cathe cardio because of the impact (well, maybe just the "lo" sections of high/lo). I can lift without any problem and the elliptical and stepper are fine. I can rebound on my mini-trampoline as well and I'm going to start doing Bryan Kest power yoga (90+ minutes) again at least twice a week. High reps for legs too is great. P90x is never a problem.

Clarissa--need to talk on the phone? Let me know and I can call anytime.

Looking forward to the check ins this week!

Hi Laura! Welcome to the hardly-working-out and when you do it's pathetic club. UGH! You are so lucky (LOL!) you only get up 3 times per night. Something is seriously wrong w/ me. I get up...please believe me...about once every half hour. Pleeeeaaase believe me. I would not lie. You can call and ask my DH. He probably is so sick of it. And as for tossing and turning? Constant...constant. I actually have a pretty small bladder. I remember my mom taking me in for testing as a teenager b/c I am always using the bathroom. I was told I have small arteries or something? Also my BP is always really low like 80-ish over 50-ish. Pretty scary. I always have ice hands and feet too, no matter what the weather :(

Anyway, Jen - did you have your baby yet? I hope so...

Hi everyone else! How you all doing this Monday morning??

Booooo to Slumdog Millionaire. I so wanted Benjamin Button to win best picture. What is this Slumdog movie anyway? ANyone seen it?

Clarissa

Good morning everyone :) I hope you all had a nice weekend!

Thanks for your support so far..nothing new here. I dont think i will have any news until wednesday after my ultrasound and my non stress test. I really hope this baby starts making progress. I really dont want to have a c section. I know its all out of my control though.

Laura welcome back :) Your sleeping situation sounds uncomfortable. Welcome to the pregnancy club lol. I'm pretty lucky in that i can usually sleep through the nite, sometimes i wake up once. I dont need extra pillows and im pretty comfy thru the nite. My main issue is massive swelling in my legs and feet. THe sciatic issue mostly went away so i've been able to do cardio lately and weights dont bother me either. We just have to listen to our bodies now thats all. Hopefully your discomforts will pass

Clarissa - thanks for checking in on me. I have not seen slumdog millionaire. i keep hearing abotu it but i live under a rock so i dont even know what its about. i havent seen benjamin button either. We did see Madea goes to jail over the weekend lol :)

Hi Jess, Tana, Skyy and anyone else to follow that i missed!

Laura - I used to get up like every hour to pee. Lately only 2 times or so. I drink water at night though when I get up because I feel thirsty. I also still sleep on a down comforter folded up ha. And I have a tower of pillows. One goes under my chest (incline starting up) then three under my head with the contour memory foam one on top. (the head ones don't go on top of the comforter so its not THAT tall.) I also have a body pillow I keep between my knees/legs and wrap my arm around. I sleep like that all night. ;) I've slept fine since I got that arrangement set up.

The baby has been SO active lately. He really likes this one spot on my right side near my ribs. he makes me jump almost sometimes. And lately at night he's started keeping me up doing aerobics or something in there. ha.

Jen - I don't know if you read my post on the end of the last checkin? hope that either way it goes smoothly. I hope you won't need a c section. I hope I don't get one either. I also don't want to be induced but if the drs say so for medical reasons I will have to. sigh. Either way it'll be ok. You'll have your baby in your arms soon.

Hello everyone else!

Thank you Jess..i hope you dont have to get a c section either. Send positive preggo natural delivery vibes my way!
I still dont feel anything, just slightly crampy but that has happened before and then it goes away..

your sleeping arrangement sounds complicated. reminds me of princess and the pea lol :) guess i should consider myself mostly lucky becuase the pregnancy has been pretty easy (except for the swelling)

Yeah positive vibes all around that we will all have smooth labor and deliveries!!

Hey I've been meaning to post these. I made some onsies with iron transfer images. I found one sheet leftover from when DH made the boys a bunch of fun ones. I fit all these images on one sheet haha.

Attachments

• name t.jpg
    name t.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 22
  • animals.jpg
    animals.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 19
Thanks ;) I liked the name idea in case people don't understand the name when I tell them. Some people I told thought I was saying william and I had to spell it for them. I have got a few people that just didn't "get it" but I think if they saw it spelled out they would. Others though really like it and got it right off.

Jess, those onesies are fabulous!! Great name too!

I'm sending you all smooth labor and delivery vibes too! = )

Unfortunately, I'm a c-section. = ( Had to have one with DS since he was breech. Glad I did because I don't think he would have survived delivery. The reason he hadn't turned was because the umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck and I think an arm. I don't know if the cord would have strangled him if I would have tried natural, but I'm glad we didn't take a chance. Upcoming DD has been breech too so again it's probably better for us to have the c-section. The recovery is tough/painful for the first week or two. Definitely not looking forward to the recovery peroid especially with a 4 yr old. I keep telling myself I was back to doing Cathe cardio and lifting wts at 5 1/2 wks pp. Hope it's the same this time. Summer's around the corner and I'm not buying a new swimsuit. = )

Thanks guys on the name. I really like it. I've gotten a few odd reactions and I wasn't sure they liked it but hey can't make everyone like the same name. Gotta go with what I like :).

Tana -yeah sounds like a c section for you. Noah had the cord around his neck when he came out but he was head first and he was fine. thankfully! They didn't seem alarmed so it must've not been too tight or anything. I hope your recovery goes smoothly and your back to working out like you plan.

Oy I've been so busy. I don't know why but lately I've had so much going on I feel exhausted. I feel like I'm running in circles. Everyday there is an appt or errands to run of some sort. Projects I have to get done. never ending cleaning up after my two tornadoes. ha. I just cut their hair and vacumned and now I'm putting my slipcovers on the couches and making the rest of the cushion covers. Tomorrow is my dr appt and my sons dentist appt and a birthday party. I also have to go to the post office and drop a bag off at goodwill and make one return. Wednesday I have another return and thursday also (depends on where else I'll be.) Oh I have to clean the kitchen and fold laundry too before bed. sigh. I don't think I have enough time so I guess I'll clean and do the couches tomorrow. We also are barely having time to finish schoolwork daily before running off somewhere. where does the time go?

Jess - if our baby was a b oy one of my top picks for a name is Liam, followed by Jackson. I really like Liam. Great choice, you have good taste (great minds think alike :) ) Was that a name you had picked originally? I thought your DH wanted something like Michael, but i could easily be confusing you with someone else, sorry! I love that name, definately one of my top picks. who cares what anyone else thinks! You definately cant please everyone. Im sure a ton of people dont like the name i have picked out but whatever.

Tana - yea a c section is sometimes necessary and its good to do what is best for the baby, so i am keeping that in mind as well. I'm just hoping it doesnt come down to that for me. Not that i know the difference, this is my first pregnancy so the whole birth experience is brand new to me

well its 1045pm and im still a preggo! Just an hour or two ago i started feeling funny - sort of having pains below but no contractions. almost like a lot of pressure, like when u have to pee and your bladder is full, but a little sharper sensation. i cant really describe it. the baby just feels really heavy all of a sudden. not quite sure what is going on. i dont think its the start of labor but hey, you never know. here's hoping! I'm home alone tonite tho. I told DH just a few moments ago to keep his phone near him, just in bcase, but i said its most likely nothing.

my little princess is a sleep on my lap right now, she is too cute. we are about to go to bed. i'll be going to work tomorrow unless the baby decides to start arriving.

good nite everyone, talk to you tomorrow if i'm still pregnant!

Hi all,

Thanks for all the support. Last night was awful! I had a complete meltdown because my DH wanted to take a pillow from me!!! I was literally yelling FUC{ YOU to him, which I never, ever do. We've been married for almost 8 years and we've never fought (yes, we disagree). He just stared at me in amazement--hormones. I apologized, cried, screamed out of frustration, etc. He's a saint. I got about two hours of sleep--swelling, congestion, too hot/too cold, leg cramps, pee, back pain. Ugh. The only cardio I can do is on the machines at the gym (elliptical, stepper), so the rest of this pregnancy will be all about the weights. I did chest this morning with Cathe and it went pretty well. I have to pee about every 20-30 minutes when I'm with a client.

Jess-LOVE the onesies. They are adorable. LOVE the name. Ryan's been active too. Sometimes s/he is sleeping, but not at night!!!! Ugh.

Jen--I hope you pop soon. If you aren't on the forum, maybe we'll know why. :D Check in with us when you can.

Do any of you ever get really hungry, but still feel like there's a huge bm to have? I know the "bm" isn't a "bm" because it's Ryan, but I feel huge!

Anyone ever wear a maternity belt? I feel like it's "cheating" me from working my abs to hold in the baby. If you do wear one, when did you start?

Laura - just know you have me to talk to if you need to. Remember, I am in the same boat where I can only do weights (and only upper body wts as I have that pelvic split) I can relate and I am sorry that now you hurt during cardio. It will be over with soon.

I don't recommend a pelvic belt but I don't have a good reason why to say that. I just dont trust them. I think I read something recently, but again, I don't remember. Maybe see what the others say first.

Gotta go. Busy day today.

PS - Liam was one of our choices too! Love it!
C

well glad everyone likes the name. makes me feel good about the choice. My DH wanted Matthew for the first name. That'll be his middle name. So his name is Liam Matthew. I guess he can't argue with his pregnant wife about it too long haha. I kept saying I'd rather have Liam first and Matthew second. He wanted it the other way around.

Laura -sorry you had a ruff night. :( hang in there. I haven't worn a maternity belt yet. I don't think they help THAT much. There are some that are pretty fancy(pricey) and they probably work better. I don't feel like I need it yet though. Must be where Ryan is laying for you thats making you uncomfy.

Jen -well being your almost a week late now its GOTTA be soon. ;) I was a week late with Noah. that week felt like eternity I know. The baby may have dropped lower and that will help things move along.

Clarissa - I need to do cardio I think I'm getting a tiny bit of chub on my hips. ick. I feel so huge though I worry cardio will be uncomfy. I have still been in my rutt but only cause I've been so busy! I'm really frustrated cause I want to workout. and now if they put me on steriods I'm just going to get huge. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! :(

I really hope for your sake that you do not need steroids, Jess. Really, I'll hope for the best for you. :(

Clarissa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.