Week of 2/2/09 Preggo Check In

jenmgo

Cathlete
Good morning everyone, hard to beleive its february already

it was pouring rain when i got up today. my dog hates going out in the rain so i had to hold her with an umbrella over her lol. she is too cute. im at work, its monday, and its usually very very busy for us. Im super tired, got to bed around midnite, wasnt doing much so i have no excuses!

tana - i dont think i've gotten braxton hicks, but i think they are what you are describing. fake labor pains without a pattern. once they happen more frequently and get stronger and more intense, then its the real deal. so i've read :) The ony thing that happens with me is i will occasionally get sharp stabbing painful jabs down there.. sucks, cuz there is no warning and it hurts but it doesnt feel like cramps. Not sure what that is.

oh and the ice cream is pretty good. the carton says "frozen dairy dessert" so does that mean its not ice cream? Its not too bad for me, 1/2 c doesnt have as much cals as regular ice cream so who knows. I only have a couple spoonfuls at a time. Dad is coming over tonite and DH Is off so im going to give them nice big bowls for dessert to help get rid of some it so its not as tempting. when im alone on the weekends i snack so much more. and i did not really do any cardio becuase of my soreness in my glute/back.

nothing else new here on my end

laura hope your dreams went away, glad you find support here :)

Jess, hope you had a good sunday, i dont know if you posted yesterday or not. hope all is well!

Skyy, hope you have a good monday!

Good morning to everyone :)

Jen,

Yes, my dreams are gone. Thank goodness!!! Yeah!!! Feeling good today. Lots to do with work, but it's all manageable.

morning everyone. sorry I didn't post yesterday. I was busy busy. I go to morning/evening church and in the afternoon we went to our neighbors who set up a big bouncy blow up thingy with a slide. All the neighbor kids were there running around like maniacs. I was there like 2 hrs then a ton of men started showing up in Jerseys drinking beer so it was time for me to go. lol. I'm not into football at all and I didn't know those ppl. Our neighbor is kinda the big party guy of the neighborhood. He often has his music blasting out front during the afternoons for the "enjoyment" of the whole neighborhood. Hes real nice though. Very friendly and gets to know all the neighbors. Hes the one whose dogs were lost.

I had a small headache that was threatening to get worse all day yesterday and that evening it did. :( I Had a massive migrane all night. It was awful. I took tylenol and had an ice pack on all night. Finally left around 7am I think. oy! It was making me feel sick too.

Jen -glad you got your bag packed! better be ready with the baby coming almost anytime now!

Laura - I get weird dreams most nights.. sometimes scarey ones. Sometimes very real ones that freak me out. Hope you don't have anymore scarey ones. I tend to be a bit paranoid so often have dreams I don't like much. :(

Hi everyone. I have gotten BRaxton Hicks w/ each pregnancy from as soon as 15-20 weeks and on. I get them everyday, without exception, with each pregnancy, many many many times per day. HOWEVER, I have to say they are not painful at all and I have a pretty low tolerance for pain (pregnancy-wise). They are extreme tightening of the pregnant belly and they make you feel like you are going to pee your pants, until they let up. They last, say, 30 seconds or something, and then go away. They are not predictable at all in my opinion, meaning that I have no idea what brings them on. They say drink more water and you won't get as many. They do intensify in "pain" though as the pregnancy nears its end. Mine have been stronger lately.

Laura, glad you are feeling better now.

My DD (age 4) vomited everywhere last night after the Superbowl. In all honesty, I think she was over-upset b/c DH was screaming at the TV (Steelers almost lost until the very end). He is a huge Steelers fan. Anyway, it scared her b/c he was really yelling loud. I think and she puked about 10 min after the game. She is fine today. By the way, the baby in my belly was freaking out too from the yelling. Seriously - he really heard it and took it out on me. :(

Okay, I have 'secret' house chores to do right now. LOL! Bye,

Clarissa

Clarissa -goodness on DH! ha. sometimes I'm glad my DH doesn't watch football etc. Hes too busy. He played in highschool though.
I get Braxton Hicks too sometimes. They just make me uncomfortable. I can feel it is tightening some and yeah sometimes makes me feel like I have to pee but if I try its not much. They don't hurt like the real labor contractions at all.

oh man I'm so siiick. :( my headache stayed away like an hour and came back. I feel just awful!!!! I hope that I don't start getting them everyday like in the first trimester. I can't take it. :( Tylenol is useless. Icepacks help a tiny bit. I just had to whine some.

Jess - you're due in a few weeks right?
I have the same problem as you. Headaches that come and go.

By the way, does anyone else have an almost severe loss of appetite toward the end??

oh man I'm so siiick. :( my headache stayed away like an hour and came back. I feel just awful!!!! I hope that I don't start getting them everyday like in the first trimester. I can't take it. :( Tylenol is useless. Icepacks help a tiny bit. I just had to whine some.

Jess... I hope that you feel better soon.

Clarissa... I am eating more and more now that I am getting closer.

Clarissa - no I'm 28 weeks tomorrow. My first trimester I had like 2-3 months of almost constant migranes. not even small headaches. Severe migranes. :( I got those instead of M/S.

As far as eating near the end - with my second son I think I put on the most weight the last few weeks cause family that were visiting stuffed me full of good food. ha. so my appetite wasn't down. maybe its a bit of anxiety/stress.?

Skyy- thanks. seems tolerable right this minute but its been bad. hoping it doesn't get worse and I have a bad night again.

Hello,

This is coming from a lurker. I enjoy reading your posts about babies because Lord willing I would like to have another. Try eating a piece of celery for a migraine. I am not a sufferer but my 11 year dd is. This usually does the trick in a pinch; it has something to due with a mineral imbalance. She suffered constantly for the last two years all day long. She woke up with a migraine and usually went to bed with one. I think what has mainly helped is now I am a daily juicer and give a 8oz cupful to her every morning before any meal. Since I have been juicing a couple of days later no migraines. One returned late at night, and I told her to eat a stalk of celery and about 20 min. later her migraine went away. I do not know your circumstance or even if you are a regular sufferer or if they are pregnancy related. Just thought I would share.

Hope you feel better soon,
Michelle

Jess - you're due in a few weeks right?
I have the same problem as you. Headaches that come and go.

By the way, does anyone else have an almost severe loss of appetite toward the end??

I have no basis to post because I've never been this far along. However, my appetite has taken a downturn and I'm 27 weeks today. Really showing now. :)

You aren't showing like I am Laura. LOL!
I am suddenly and huge and very looooooow. I feel like he is going to fall out!

good morning everyone
still here and im still pregnant! Gonna be 38 weeks tomorrow. I was feeling some flutters and pangs last nite, but they did nto last long and went away quickly. the moment i get those feelings i think "uh oh is this it?!?!". I have no idea what to expect with this being my first experience and all!

I di dnot get to bed until late, again so im very very tired. Im envious of DH and my dog Princess. They are both sound asleep in bed in a nice dark cozy bedroom while its raining outside and im here sitting at my desk trying not to fall asleep. Long way to go until quitting time since its only 715! We've already got calls stacked and pending, this is ridiculous - its like a monday over here. WAy too early for me to be calling people and thinking :)

Jess I hope your migrane gets better
Laura yay on showing! NOw you will just start growing and growing :)
Clarissa I bet i've got you beat with a bigger belly, i'm 38 weeks lol
Skyy good morning how are you feeling?

well, better get to my first report of the day....catch you all later!

oh..with all this talk about braxton hicks, i want to ask a similar question. I think i did last week but dont recall any responses about it

i get sharp stabbing pains in my you know what area lol. They only last a second, but sometimes there are a couple in a row and it makes me stop. I forgot to ask te midwife what thse are. I assume they are normal? They are not achey or crampy just really sharp. Kind of like round ligament tears but in a completely different area. Any input?

hey jen! you're Aalmost there!
i got those too - baby's bumping your cervix!
felt like julia was taking s'thing sharp and scraping me.
annoying, but ttally normal!:confused:

Yes, the grinding cervix pain. Ahhh...I get these all the time, w/ each pregnancy. Totally normal! It is yucky though.

michelle. thanks for the suggestion. I haven't tried celery. I do drink electrolyte packets in water everyday though for the mineral balance thing. It doesn't seem to be helping the headaches. I've had a problem with migranes for years (since I was young) but they have never been this constantly bad before. Its ruff. I'm still not feeling good. was up all night switching ice packs that wrap around my head. It atleast distracts me some. I'll try some celery. or maybe make a juice with some celery in it. I do have a good juicer.

hi kate!! :) Nice to see you here. THanks for the input. I figured it was very normal i was just trying to figure out what the heck it was. Thanks Clarissa as well for your input.

I dont think i've gotten any braxton hicks then. I wonder if that means i have a long way to go or if i just wont get them or have any warning other than when its the real deal. SO many unknowns!

Jen - my midwife said braxton hicks are normal. If they become common/bothersome try drinking more water. To me they are not really as bad as when the "real" contractions start. Real as in labor is starting. Braxton hicks are like preparation contractions. My midwife said I may even have more this time being its my third. If you can time them regularly and they start to get more intense/close together over time that probably is real labor. I think they want them 5 min apart or so before you go to the hospital though? not sure the amount. Mine speed up pretty quickly though but some peoples can drag on for a long time at the more spread apart timing. The first labor contractions I have are pretty strong and nothing like the BH contractions. I can tell it's the real thing pretty early on and they are timeable right away. BH feel just like the whole belly area(uterus) is tightening. The ones I get early labor are much stronger and hurt some. Some say it feels like cramps or something. Not sure you can really compare it to something though.
Yep.. still say the pains though are the baby pushing on your cervix. Noah was beating me up bad with those. I would even say to him "stop that little stinker!" lol. but he didn't listen. Pain that is around the cervix during birth is more of sharp pains to me but contractions are like an all around ache/crampy feeling but very strong.

thanks for the input jess :)
i have not experienced braxton hicks. i dont know if that is good, bad or abnormal. maybe it does not mean anything at all. just have those sharp pains every couple of days.
oh well - my time will come! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.