TTC and preggers - Week Dec 9th

amhess

Cathlete
Hi ladies,
Sorry, I haven't been so talkative lately. AF showed and I was almost positive I was preggers. AF was late and had a lot of symptoms. Apparently, as I was researching Clomid, it can cause you to have a lot of pregnancy symptoms and lengthen your luteal phase. Oh joy. It also intensifies your PMS. Mine was about 100X what is normally is, which isn't much. I bit my DH head off one day over something really trivial. I've decided to try it another month until DH has his urology appt to discuss possible surgery for the variocele to give us better chances.

I did get a lot of cleaning done today and baking goodies.

Lisa - How are you?

Morris - Sorry you were down for a couple of days there, but sounds like you got out of your funk! Nice that you're still feeling well enough to exercise!

Melanie - How nice that the boys get to run around in such a big room! It's got to make thinks easier for you if they have room to run! I'm sure you'll get to your furniture in due time!

Watching the Packers kick some Raider butt today! Well, on to another month. I'm still going to do the acupuncture too along with the Clomid.

Did anyone take Clomid and have anything weird happen where you no longer wanted to take it? Did it work for anyone?

Hi ladies! I don't have much time to post these days but I do read to keep up the best I can. I hope all is well with each of you.

Anne, I am sorry AF arrived. I know what you mean about clomid and PMS. This is what I posted a few months ago:
"I have taken 7 or 8 cycles of Clomid (50, 100, and 150 mg), and I did have side effects... think of PMS on steroids. }( }( }( "
I was wicked(er). :eek:

DS is busy so I am going to attempt to squeeze in a workout.

Hugs to all!
Autumn

Anne - I thought of you on Saturday because one of the moms from my dd's ballet class is 41 and pg. She has a 1 year old daughter and this is her 6th pg. She has had miscarriages since the age of 20 and even her pg with her daughter was really difficult. She never thought she could get pg again and she's 3 mos and having a healthy pg and baby looks great. I thought of you because I wanted to give you hope that even woman over 40 get pg and I know it will happen for you! I'll keep praying that you'll have a 2008 BFP!!!

Hi Autumn! December can be a busy month that's for sure!

I hope everyone else is doing good.

Lisa

hi everyone

anne, i am so sorry af came, and with a vengence. i hope this finds you feeling better, and i am glad you are trying again with both the acupuncture and clomid. you might ask your acupuncturist if they can help you out with the pms or period symptoms.... i'll be saying prayers for you too.

hi autumn. so good to hear from you, but sorry things are so busy. i get completely overwhelmed this time of year.

hi lisa - i hope this week will be better for you. are you taking any time off work for the holidays?

hi melanie - hope you are rested and had a nice weekend. are you still pretty local this week? i hate thinking of you driving in bad weather!

hi jen, hi kristan.

i cannot believe it is monday again. i am still feeling good, but tired. i pushed thru cardio fusion mix and match this morning and felt really accomplished after. i need to decide if i am getting an elliptical or not, also if i will try amy's hi lo or not. anyone do any hi lo? i made choclate chip cookies this weekend and only ate half of one. probably b/c i was full from m and m's}( }(

have a great day everyone!

Anne, URGH!!! How frustrating! I know there are months I have "felt" pg only to find out that it's PMS. Then I"m grumpy for a couple of days. Hang in there, and don't stop sharing. It helps us all to know that we're normal (even lurkers who might not post). ;)

Three workouts this past week. I still can't get 4-day split high intesnity steps last section. Anyone out there got that yet?

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

mel, someone posted a tip for that one that helped me for that part when you are on the step facing the tv doing the hitch kick across the step - something about using the inside leg onto the step first. sorry i cannot remember the link. once i did inside leg first, it worked. something to try....

do you do hi lo?

Hi. Anne, I am going to dig out my medal of St. Gerard and say a prayer for you (and some other friends in your situation).

I am 10.5 weeks. I have the "combined" test ultrasound on 12-19. This is my first pregnancy over 35 so this is a new one for me. Hoping for good results.

I think I am coming out of my evening sickness fog. I love coffee and it always completely grosses me out during the first trimester. I guzzled down a tall today and it tasted GOOD so I am hoping this is a trend. I am a much better mother and wife and attorney when I have some caffeine.

For december I am aiming for 4 decent workouts a week. 5 is too much this time of year. My legs were a mess on thursday; on weds. i ran 4 miles then did walking lunges around the track. OWWW! I also cannot tell you how much I love All Body Attack with Sharon Twombley. She is so personable and the video is HARD but it flies by.

Morris/Kristan - You guys amaze me with your workouts and being pg!!!

Morris - No off time from work. I take my dog in today for her last shots. She's been doing well so I'm happy about that. Is it still snowing? I say get the ellipitcal!!

Melanie - I did finally get the last part and the only advice I have is that when you step down after the hitch kick, it's a little offbeat from the music so try not to listen to the music to keep in beat with your steps. Does that make sense?

Kristan - How much caffeine are you allowed per day when pg? I know there's a chart, but can't remember. I have gotten addicted to my teas. I didn't realize you were an attorney. Are you a working mom with 3 kids and pg??!!?? Wow!

Hi Autumn, Anne, Jen!

I should be o'ing in a few days so say your prayers for me and wish me luck!

Lisa

Was thinking that I might have been pg, different mucosal changes & breast tenderness. Tested (early) was negative,.... DH was out of town, but we got down to business a day after super wet/thin elastic mucous (prime ovulation, right?). Anyway, I"m out this month.

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

mel, i am sorry. december is bound to be a better month than nov. also, you will be less stressed i hope with less driving? hope you are warm!

lisa, so glad your dog is well! things should be pretty smooth from here on out with your dog. i think the worst is behind you! my fingers are crossed for ovulation. is dh home i hope?

hi everyone.

we are enjoying a day off this week. dh is home too, and we are going out for breakfast shortly. i got up this am and did part of amys asc2 (LOVE IT) and blast only from imax 3. i felt great after. hoping to squeeze in a few more runs outside before dh leaves monday:(

Anyone ever try to compile a homemade DVD of your favorite sections of exercise DVDs? Someday, when I have time I'd like to try. :)

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

Lisa- with the other pregnancies, i drank 1 tall starbucks a day. I'm sure this probably exceeded the official "guidelines" but I did it anyway.

Don't be too impressed with the fact I'm an attorney- I only work 3 days a week.

Morris- I did ASC2 on Monday. I have to keep my brain turned on the whole time so it's hard to get bored. I actually did Amy Bento's cardio pump step today. Like that one too. I borrowed it from Netflix. Amy has a "10 minute Solution" DVD out as well which I have on my NEtflix queue.

take care and good luck to the ovulators.

"only 3 days a week" is a lot kristan!! what do you do for child care? i work 3-4 days a week, and sometimes i don't know how to keep going other than one foot in front of the other. when do you typically fit in exercise? what is your maternity leave like?

melanie, i think your idea of a compilation is fantastic - i hate stopping and starting to put in new dvd's, yet that is what i do! i must say, i enjoy hardcore extremem and tterminator and cardio fusion for their mixing. now if someone could just put everything together from my head....

hope everyone is catching good eggs!

anne, how are the hormones coming?

Hi all!
I want to thank you all for your continued support and prayers! It really means a lot to have you gals here to commiserate with when I have tough times in this journey! I'm in much better mood these days now that AF is gone! Clomid this month seems to be o.k. Still have the hot flashes when I take the pills, but I can handle that. I'll just have to remember what it does to me right before AF is due and try to 'prepare' for that and try not to kill my DH! }(

I finished all my baking and putting in tins for neighbors and family/friends.

Sounds like everyone is busy, busy with staying in shape here! I've been eating awful, but trying to get back on track. As soon as I lose a few pounds, I think I can treat myself and fall back off the wagon! I've been treating the knees with kid gloves, so doing Cathe's Low impact DVD, Butts&Guts and the bike a lot. Trying to keep the flare-ups at bay.

You feeling pretty well Morris? How about you Kristan? Any u/s or anything to share?

Hi Lisa, Autumn, Melanie!

Caught a nasty cold. Blech. ;( I did do Drill Max though and I feel great about that. 3 workouts this week so far. Eating has been blah.

Melanie, I'd love to have a copy if you ever make that compilation!;)

Hi Morris, Anne, Autumn, Kristan, and Jen!

Gotta finish up cleaning the house. All the Xmas boxes are out and the clutter is getting to me!

Lisa

ohh did i miss a post? is melanie making us all dvd's?;-) ;-) jk, mel. i know you have enough on your plate.

lisa, hope your cold gets better. great job with the drill max. i love that dvd.

anne, so glad you are doing okay this cycle. even when you know the pms will be bad, it is soooo hard to rein in the hormones.

hope everyone is well. we have some nice fresh snow, but just a little. we are supposed to get a good blizzard sunday!

Morris- I understand the "barely keeping one foot in front of the other..." The days I work are definitely tight. My house can get messy and I don't always have a "real" dinner on the table every night (or even some nights). I wish I had more time to sew, read, clean, cook, craft, organize, etc and some days I can barely get the dishwasher loaded.

I work for a really decent guy who is a big runner so he is very supportive of exercise. I usually work out 2 of the days I work- I run around the Arch grounds near my office (this thing: http://www.gatewayarch.com/Arch/info/arch.todo.aspx ) and up and down the stairs at about 4 pm, then I work a little more in sweaty clothes. There's also a YMCA in the bldg next door.

Other days I take Gus to the YMCA nursery and run on the treadmill. Finally, I also find time for Cathe et al during naps and I haul the entire family (husband included) to the YMCA on Saturday mornings. I only manage about 4-5 times a week, and sometimes only 30 minutes. And I could stand to lost about 10 pounds (not now of course, but you KWIM)

My commute is minimal (10-15 minutes) and Gus' daycare is next to my husband office (also about 10 min from home), so we do gain time that way. My older girls are at parochial school near by.

I've been parttime since 2001 and I really enjoy my work, my coworkers and my childcare situation. Thanks for asking. Hope you're not bored reading this.

i think itis interesting to se what people do and how they do it, kristan. thanks for taking the time to post. and i love your idea of taking everyone to the y on saturday morning. i may do that someday.

it is cold here today. we are supposed to get a big storm tomorrow. we will celebrate our christmas tomorrow as dh leaves monday. got a last run in with the dog this morning. i am soooo slow now. oh well.

hope everyone has a great weekend

Morris - Have a good "Xmas" tomorrow. What did you get for DH and ds for xmas?

Nothing new here. DD is testing my patience right now. BBL.

Lisa

Just a quick note (we went out of town for a couple of days). I haven't had a chance to read all your chatty notes, but I just wanted to chime in that I will give all you gals a copy of my DVD compilation when and if I ever get one done! Hopefully in Jan.

Ta Ta for now!

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.