+++++ TTC/Preg ++ June 12 +++++

chefkate

Cathlete
Good morning ladies! Time for another day!

I'm taking the girls swimming at my in-laws after we get a few chores done. Picnic lunch there then swim some more! We are so excited!

Anne, Nice to see you last night! No word on Morris yet. She went in Saturday for a Sunday induction. We're all anxious to hear from her!

Well, Anne, I posted wrong! Oops! The induction was Sunday and you'll see details in Morris's post now.

I am happy to report the scale is down a pound! Why does one little pound make such a difference??!?!?!

We're off for the pool - where is everybody?!
Hope you all are having a good day.
Stephanie, Is that munchkin movin' around more today?

Good morning everyone!! Where is everyone?

Kate--Yes, the little one started moving a little more last night. And he's been active this morning, so I'm happy. Sounds like you have a really fun day planned! I have to clean house because I might be having company tomorrow. This afternoon I'm meeting my minister at church to talk about a press release I'm preparing. The boys are excited about getting out of the neighborhood. I haven't been taking them many places because of the terrible gas prices.

Hope everyone else has a fun day planned!!! :)

Good Morning!

Kate have fun at the pool! Our pool is being plastered this weekend so next week we will be swimming.

Stephanie, I'm glad you felt your little guy move:) I hate cleaning the house. I think what I hate is that while I'm cleaning my kids are destroying another room;-)

My sister is coming over today. I am going to watch her kids while she goes to the doctor. She has to do the glucose test today. My boys are so excited to play with their cousins. They won't see them until after the 4th of July b/c they are leaving on vacation for 3 weeks. I would go crazy if we were gone for 3 weeks I am such a homebody.

I think I am going to go and bake the muffins Melanie posted about. I will check back later.

Candra

Kate~enjoy swimming today!

Candra~howdy!

Stephanie~glad he's moving more now. I think it's totally normal for them to have days of less movement. they can get tired like we do and just rest more than other days. : )

I am so busy today. I don't know why I do this to myself. LOL I got up and packed my closet and drawers. I then decided I'd get my run out of the way and go figure no pain today at all. I was happy to get 4 miles in. I decided to mow today instead of tomorrow since tomorrow is Hunter's first day of no school and we might go swimming. I am half way done now and decided to take a break. I still need to clean my bathrooms and vacuum. I really wanna take a nap. Maybe if I can get motivated to hurry up w/ the mowing I can get a nap before cleaning. Then we have karate at 6:30. I plan for tomorrow to be a relaxing day. :)

Hi everyone!

Another difficult week, hormone-wise. I was a weepy mess last night. Dh deserves the sainthood for putting up with me. All I can say is that he is a very godly man.

The girls are on a home-school field trip today learning about pioneer life. I am obviously not with them as I do not enjoy these sorts of outings much. My MIL (bless her) took them instead. They will be learning about weaving. (Candle and rope making were the other alternatives.)

For some reason our cats have decided to make a second "toilet" for themselves behind the girls' bed, even though they have a perfectly good litter box. Sorry animal lovers, but I'm ready to make a stew out of the cats to save money and future aggrevation. The kids clean up the cr@p, but I still have to smell it. I may post this in the open forum for advice.

Kate--although my mil at times drives me crazy, it's a different familial relationship that I'm struggling with. It has been difficult for years and sucks all the energy out of me--energy I don't have anymore. I think I'm going to have to let it go, at least for a while. Dh says it's time for a break and he is not hormonal....and see? that scale went down again. It's water retention wackiness.

Stephanie--we decided not to go to our beloved family cabin (it's not a second home for us, belongs to my maiden aunt, but she is very generous with it) in the Oregon Cascades because of horrible gas prices (and the subsequent increasing costs of everything else). I'm glad to hear your baby is more active.

Candra--you have a pool. Ooooh I'd so love that. Of course, outdoor pools don't make much sense in Oregon, but I'm the type who would swim in almost any type of weather. Tell us about the muffins. MMMMMMM......

Trish--you do sound busy. That's great on the 4 mile run. I hope that tomorrow you get to relax a bit.

And I'm sure that no one missed Morris's post about her most excellent news! Congrats Morris!

Hi everyone else--I'll check back later today to see who else has posted.

Maggie
30 weeks, 3 days

Maggie--I think that's so neat that you have a family cabin. I've been telling my DH that I want us to buy a lake lot and build a small cabin on it so that we can have a special family cabin to build memories in each year and to pass on for generations. Maybe I just over-romanticize things, but I think it would be great. Have you seen the movie "Dan in Real Life"? I love the cabin in that movie.
I hope that you are feeling happier today. Hormones suck. Sorry about your cats too. Maybe today will be a better day. If not, make them outdoor kitties (can you tell, I'm not really a cat person??).

Candra--I'm totally jealous of your pool. I'd love to have a pool one day when the kiddos are older. Is it a lot of upkeep?

Trish--I envy your energy! I'm now inspired to start cleaning (I've been procrastinating all day).

Kate--BTW, I think I found your pound. :(

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Just a quick note to say hi. My realtor is being really difficult and is offended that we wouldn't go for a $30K loss on the house...even after dropping it $90K. We've never really gotten along & now things are stressed even more. I don't even know if she presented the counteroffer to perspective buyer. She's basically telling us we'd be lucky to get 1/2 of our original asking price. Would it be okay if I just strangled her? Could I pled temp insanity based on my "condition"?!?!? Anyway, pretty stressed out,...

I"m going to go for a quick run b4 it starts raining again. A big congrats to Morris & her precious new baby boy, Aiden!!!!!!!!!

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

Maggie, I am with you on the hormones. I have days that I cry all day. At least the third time around I know it is hormones and I am not crazy. The first two pg's my husband and I both thought I was crazy. Sorry about the cats. I'm really not a cat person so you probably don't want to hear my advice:)

Trish, you are getting a lot done today. You will really enjoy your rest day tomorrow.

Stephanie, it gets so hot here almost everyone has a pool. Our last house we had a pool service but with this one my husband is insisting that he is going to do everything. We will see how long that lasts;-) With the new baby coming I am not doing it.

Kate, I hope you are having a great day swimming and not getting sunburned.

Melanie, I hope we haven't heard from you b/c you are signing papers to sell your house. I have my fingers crossed for you.

I did WalkingStrong today. The treadmill workout by Tracey Stahele. I thought it would be easy b/c you are only walking, so not true. I have never done lunges or squats using a treadmill and my legs were shaking. You also use light dumbells to do upperbody work. It is a great workout if you have a treadmill. I was pouring sweat at the end.

I am going to make my kids lunch and do some more laundry. Maggie I never want to see your laundry piles;-)

Candra

I feel a little better after my run. Not quite as fatiqued either. Got 2 new w/o's in the mail Kelly Coffers. Maybe I'll try one later. Step Kickboxing & regular step. :)

Looks like my elliptical delivery is postponed until NEXT Thursday now. Good thing I got some new DVDs!!!!!!!!

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

Swimming was great - DDs are conked out!!!

I just finished Bar Fat Free. I was more sore from it the other day than I expected it to be. I got DDs down for a late nap and snuck this one in. I was really tempted to take a nap but I wasn't sure if I would feel up to a WO later or not. THis one is nice and quiet and I can do it up here while they are sleeping. I hope to have some energy for MMpushPull tonight maybe.

----------
Stephanie, Glad you're feeling some movement. ITA about gas prices - it costs me a buck just to go down my road!:eek: Sorry my pound found you! I'll likely reclaim it tomorrow!

Candra, I'm glad we DON"T have a pool - we can go to in-laws 10 min. away for free. No upkeep!!:7 I can't imagine being gone for 3 weeks either. Our summer vaca is one week and that's just right. Plus, DH thinks the business would go under if he weren't checking on it every 10 minutes! Oh well, at least he's responsible! I kept looking at WalkingStrong - looks good. I'll prob. cave soon. No sunburn!

Trish - Sheesh! What a busy day! You deserve a rest tomorrow for sure! Oh hey - did you like army wives?

Maggie, Sorry about the hormones. Hope DDs had fun. We had the same issue with a cat in the Basement IN MY WORKOUT ROOM!!! I tried every trick in the book and she still wouldn't quit. We eventually put her to sleep. Told DDs she had a sickness. They were 5 & 3 and tho they still talk about her occasionally it wasn't traumatic at all for them. I cried the most! Sorry about the Family Drama - yuck

Melanie, Sorry for RealtorDrama. That's hard. Hope it all works out. yay to new WOs!!

I'm not a cat person either, but my desires have been vetoed by the rest of the family. At least I don't have to take care of them.

Now their leopard geckos are missing--one of the small ones let them out perhaps? and are no where to be found. Maybe the cats got them. I am somewhat relieved as I was tired of the big bulky cage in the girls' room.

I am NOT a pet person.

Melanie--Did your counter offer get rejected? Could you switch realtors or are you stuck? What a difficult situation. Ugh--sorry you have to go through all this.

Stephanie--I have not seen "Dan in Real Life", but I'm always looking for movie suggestions, so maybe I will. My grandparents bought the cabin with another couple 30 yrs ago and I've been going there since I was 9, so I have a lot of neat memories. There are complications in co-ownership since all the original owners were close friends and are now dead. The decendants of the two families are not close at all and eventually there will be problems. If you and your husband do this, I suggest you go it alone, if at all possible.

Candra--no, you don't want to see our laundry piles. It seems that we do laundry all the time. I've got to figure out a system where we do less...

Kate--I love it when the little ones are worn out from playing. I haven't hear of Bar Fat Free. I'll have to look on Collage.

take care all--
Maggie:)
30 weeks, 3 days

Sorry for the lack of personals, but it's been a long day. We just got through burying our dog. She was put down at the vet's today and we took her home to bury in our yard. I'll be back later with personals.

Lisa

Maggie, Gecko = Yucko! THat's all I have to say about that!
Bar Method, oddly enough, is not on Collage. I ordered mine from Amazon. One is FatFree, the other is Designer Scuplting. It uses no to low weights for shaping muscles. I actually do get mild DOMS from it when I don't use them very often. The instructor is kinda batty but overall I like it for a light day.

Oh Lisa, I'm so sorry. That's such a hard thing to do. (((hugs))) How are the kids doing with it?

Hello Melanie! What's the word on the house?

Hi Candra! Having a nice evening?

Nothing new from the house at this point. The buyers haven't flat out rejected our counteroffer, so I guess that is good. If they don't purchase our house, I might look into firing our realtor (we have a contract thru Oct).

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

Sorry so late. I am having a decent day so I thought I better get some stuff done in case tomorrow is a bad one.
I went for my US and we have a strong heartbeat-rate of 140. Looks like straight up 7 weeks. Dr. seems very positive. She was also glad to hear I felt like crap. I don't feel optimistic. I don't know why. I thought maybe it was because I have been feeling so bad, nausea wise, but today I feel better and I still feel something is wrong. I wish I knew why. I keep telling myself I don't want to be let down, but honestly a mother's instinct is usually right. Any encouragement?
Melanie I hope the house works out. I really do. That is not a fun process.
Kate-hope all is well.
sorry to hear about csection for poor Morris-but a beautiful baby no matter how it gets here is good!
Stephaine-glad that baby is a little more active. I think it is funny about eating everything to make it move! That sounds like something I would do.
Lisa, Candra, Trish, Maggie-my brain can not remember what I just read so I thought I would just say hi, and apologize for feeble pregnancy brain.

Mikkia, (((hugs))) Glad the US went well. I'm going to be optimistic for you - Stephanie had a bad feeling y'day and all is well. Wishing the same for you. (((more hugs))) Wishing you some mild, comforting nausea for tomorrow.

Hi,
My week has been crazy busy, but filled with things that I want to do. DH started to paint the nursery. We decided to go with all the stuff from my DS's nursery/bedroom, and we'll just get him new curtains. He doesn't use all the "baby" stuff anymore anyway. We used the transportation pattern from Tiddliwinks on Target.com. Kate, I think you had asked what I was planning to decorate the new baby's room in.
DH came down with a sinus and ear infection! He went to the dr's today, and is on an antibiotic. He started teaching summer school today too.
I have been keeping busy cleaning the house (closets, cabinets, yard, basement) while my DS sleeps and when he goes to bed. We have also been swimming at my friend's house a lot this week.
As far as my workouts this week,
Monday: ME
Tuesday: day off
Wed: KPC
Thursday: 45 minute fast walk (I just got back from it)
Friday: I plan to do GS Legs

I have really not done any abs b/c I am scared of hurting myself. Kate, what ab exercises do you do? Are you feeling better in your ab area?

Mikkia-Great news on the u/s!
Kate-We have been swimming too. My DH wants a pool someday, but I am with you (NO Way!)We know a lot of people with pools, so I am fine with that.

Steph-Glad to hear the baby is moving around a lot for you. What a relief that is to feel that.

Candra-Muffins? What muffins? I must have missed that. Can you tell I am hungry? I hope you enjoyed your day.

Trish-What a busy day!

Melanie-Sorry to hear about the realtor. I will keep you in my prayers about that darn house!

Maggie-Yuck-that must smell horrible! Are they peeing too? Did you find the gecko yet? Maybe the cats got sick when they ate the gecko, and that's why they are pooping in your DD's bedroom? I have one cat, but he is mostly outside.

Lisa-I am sorry to hear about your dog.

Hi Kristan! I actually had a tick in my stomach area about 2 months ago. I have no idea how it got there. I woke up on a Sunday, was changing my shirt, and I saw this dark spot. It was dead, but I knew it was a tick. My DH freaked (thanks a lot), and he got some out, but not all. I called my sister, a dermatologist, and she said that it should work its way out like a splinter. I was not happy with that, so I told her to call her derm friend who lives nearby (she lives one hour away). He met me at the hospital where he works, and he got the rest out. He said it was not a deer tick because it was too big and not red. He told me to look for a bulls-eye pattern of redness around the site. Since I was already on a Z-Pak for something else, he told me that if (and a very small, small if) I had contracted Lymes Disease, that it's treated with Zithromycin. It was fine. That is really gross, isn't it?

Hi Anne!

-Jen
Hi Anne!

Congrats again, Morris!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.