TTC/ Post-Miscarriage Support

Hi! I'm up for it if anyone else is.

I just received "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" based on the recommendations from you great ladies on here. I can't wait to start applying it...which will probably be easier to do if I ever get my period again!:confused: But at least it can maybe tell me if I do ovulate at all...

How is it going with you Melanie?

Hi Bethany. I was feeling all alone... How's your babe doing? R U still bfing at all?

I did not have a period b/w Justin & Jadon. In fact, I was still breastfeeding Justin. That pregnancy came very easy.

I"m doing fair. Some days better than others. Our baby's due date is coming up, which is really tough. :( I was hoping to be pg by now. *sigh*

I"m on day 3 of my cycle. I will begin my first Clomid treatment tomorrow.

Anyone else up for a check in? Either Trying To Conceive, post miscarriage support, other suggestions welcome. :)

Melanie - Not to hijack your thread, but you could do a TTC check-in and make it also for those TTC after a loss since I know there are a bunch of different worries that come along with TTC after having a miscarriage. How is the clomid treating you? ((HUGS)) RE: baby's due date.

Bethany - I'll trade with you. AF is visiting me and I'm exclusively bfing and only 7 weeks pp. I hate it. Soooo unexpected for me since AF didn't come back until much later with my other babies.

Lisa

Last edited:
Lisa, I was trying to make it that sort of check-in. Maybe I should make the title more clear?

Sorry about AF. That would be a disappointment to me too. R U sure it's not just pp bleeding still?!??!

I haven't checked in here lately and found it very surprising that when I do, it is now a TTC/TTC after miscarriage support. Well that would be me now. A little update....I found out I was pregnant on Nov. 30th and we were the happiest and most excited we could be. Six days later I started spotting which I tried not to worry about but sadly I did. After two weeks after ultrasounds and blood tests, I found out last Wed that the pregnancy was ectopic. I went to recieve a shot of methotrexate to abort the fetus so it didn't rupture my tubes. About two hours before I was to receive the shot, my body started bleeding and cramping on its own. And now I have just been bleeding. I go for another blood test Mon and possibly another ultrasound Friday to make sure everything is gone.

At first I didn't think I wanted to TTC again but now I am getting impatient with my body to expel this so I can begin to start over. I never in my wildest dreams thought this would happen to me. I'm healthy, I eat right, I drink in moderation, I don't smoke or do drugs. Never had an STD. I've been on a roller coaster of emotions these last few weeks and now I think I am beginning to get angry. I'm angry because I only ask for one healthy child. I know this was my first pregnancy and I am young (29) but it still is frustrating. Thanks for letting me vent! Obviously I needed that.... :)

Melanie-I'm sorry that you haven't gotten a BFP yet. I can only imagine how frustrating that must feel.

I hope everyone else is doing well and enjoys the holidays! Here's to hoping the new year brings us what we want the most!

Jen

Jen,
I"m sorry you're going thru this. You're not alone, I never thought in my wildest dreams that I would ever miscarry. Noone in my family has ever, it was a given that we'd all have healthy pregnancies. :( (hugs)(hugs) to you. Ectopic pregnancies can be scary.

As far as the check-in's go...it's all up to you & what you feel comfortable with. I didn't feel comfortable checking in with preg ladies. They're so warm & welcoming...but I'm on a whole different season... Don't get me wrong, I'm estatically happy for all of them. :)

We're going to give it a couple more months of some "hard" work. Ovulation kits & Clomid....then back off if it doesn't happen. We're getting old! :D

Can I still join if I'm just TTC?:)

(((HUGS))) to both of you. I would much rather have difficulty getting than staying pregnant, and I can't imagine feeling such a devastating loss.

Melanie - I stopped breastfeeding in Sept. Had a period in Nov, but it may have been anovulatory. I keep getting signs that my body may be TRYing to ovulate, though. DH says I'm too skinny...not sure I agree with that but now I feel guilty exercising so much. I'm thinking about backing down the intensity a bit to see what happens.

Looking back, my cycles were always super long (every other month) until I got on BC. Then we got pregnant the cycle I got off the BC, so I'm thinking that the BC helped regulate me in a way. However, I feel like that experience gave me false hopes/expectations about how easy it would be to become pregnant!

Jen - are you going to try any kits or charting? Were you trying before?

Of course you can join Bethany! We will be TTC again as soon as the bleeding stops and I get a "normal" cycle. I temp and chart and track CM. I'm even still temping now as I go through the bleeding from the miscarriage just to see what my body is doing.

Thanks Melanie. I have my ups and downs emotionally but I think it is easier on me emotionally because it was ectopic and had no chance of being a healthy normal fetus. I still get angry and then get sad sometimes but it goes with the territory I guess. I agree with you though about being in a different "season." Although I am very happy for all of the ladies that are pregnant, I just can't bring myself to participate in their discussions.

I'll check in periodically with you ladies to keep up with you but I may not have much to report unless I stop bleeding and cramping.

Happy Sunday ladies! Have you gotten your Christmas shopping done? Because of everything we have had going on, we decided that we are not doing much but I still have to venture out and find something for my dad and his girlfriend. I still have some cleaning to do because my grandmother is coming to stay with us for a week! I'm excited to see her but I am also a little nervous because my mom says that she doesn't get around as easily anymore and I hope it's not too hard for her to do stuff. My mom, grandma and I always have so much fun when we get together.

I'm still bleeding and my temp is still up so I guess "it" is not all out of me yet. I get a blood test tomorrow morning so hopefully I will hear something before Christmas about what my levels are. They were already dropping at the hospital the night before I got my shot so I would imagine they are going down now. It is so frustrating not knowing what my body is doing. I guess I am learning that I am really not in control of everything. :)

I hope you ladies have a great day! I'll check back later in the day!

Jen

Good morning!
Just doing some errands and cleaning the house today. I only have one day of work this week before we leave for OH and PA to see our relatives!:D I'm a bit nervous about flying with a 9 month old, but it's only a 2.5 hour flight from FL. Jen, where is your grandma coming from? Will you plan anything tourist-y while she's there?

Thankfully we didn't have much Christmas shopping this year as we spent our extra money on plane tickets and our family isn't expecting much else. We did get out near the mall yesterday to BabysRUs for a new car seat. Traffic was backed up all the way onto the highway from the off ramp!:eek: It didn't look much much of a recession yesterday!

So do you find it easy to chart temps and CM? I'm fascinated by the whole idea but a bit intimidated as well. You mentioned how frustrating it is not knowing what your body is doing...but knowing that your temps are still up is more than most women would know!:)

Can I start charting temps any time, or should I wait until/IF I ever get my period again?

Bethany- Are in FL? You said it's only a 2.5 hour flight from FL....I'm in FL also. A friend of mine was nervous the first time she flew with her daughter because she realized that it wasn't just herself to worry about now. But everything went well and she said it wasn't that bad, just a little more to pay attention to. Try not to worry too much, everything will be fine. My grandmother is coming in from Colorado. I don't know if we will be able to do anything tourist-y because from what my mom says, she doesn't get around very well anymore. I'm just excited to see her. We thought we would tell her on Christmas about the pregnancy but since that didn't work out, my mom and I agreed that we probably won't tell her about the m/c.

About charting, I recommend starting to temp on the first day of AF or at least that is what I was always told. I use Fertility Friend online and when you enter your first day of bleeding it automatically calculates it as day 1. The only reason I started charting again through my m/c is because I had charted previously so I know what my usual temps are. I also recommend the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility. It taught me alot about temps and charting. Fertility Friend's website also has alot of information. It took me about one cycle to get the hang of everything and even still I was looking in the book or looking online and comparing my CM so I could figure if I was close to O. The month I got my BFP I pretty much knew when I was going to O give or take a day or two. Charting doesn't predict your O but after a few cycles you will start to see a pattern of what day(s) you O so then you can predict your BDing for the next cycle. It seems like a lot and it is at first but now it is second nature. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. I don't claim to be an expert as I have only charted for a few cycles but I will try to help any way I can. :)

Hi ladies. Day 1 of Clomid was uneventful. I decided to take it before bedtime, hoping the heat-flashes & such would occur more strongly during the night. Last time I used it, I got pretty depressed too...so I"m trying to monitor that as much as possible.

This is a sad time for me right now, baby would have been born beginning of January. I've had a couple of melt downs....but nothing like it was after it happened.

Today I did Imax3, I haven't worked out very well last couple of weeks---I wanted to jump start this week! I'm also feeling a little spongy around the middle--my diet hasn't been super.... I was suprised that my weight was constant?

Best get going the boys are climbing all over me. ;)

Jen, where are you in FL? We're in Bradenton, which is about 45 min south of Tampa. The weather is goregous, I'm a bit afraid of going up north and braving the snow!:p Good luck with the blood test tomorrow morning!

I am almost through reading TCOYF. It's so informative. I think I need to re-read about how to plot the coverline. It's so frustrating though right now bc I can't do much without a period and I feel so in the dark as to why that's happening.

Melanie, good job on the Imax3 despite feeling crummy! How long will you be on the Clomid for? The side effects sound terrible.

I'm struggling with workouts too lately primarily bc I got lateral epicondylitis (first time I've ever been injured) from upping my weights and doing a Slow and Heavy rotation. I saw awesome results but found I couldn't ignore my elbow anymore and had to stop lifting so I wouldn't risk permanent damage. It's been a week since I've stopped lifting and I'm going NUTS!:eek: So I've been doing cardio only, blech. Added to that is the guilt I have and uncertainty about the potential of my irregularity being caused by the intensity of workouts/body weight. If a physician could just tell me for certain one way or the other (though I don't think that's possible) - I'd feel so much better. Oh well.

I've got an early morning - off to get ready for bed.

Hee Hee. I live in Minnesota along the Canada border. It was -55 F this past week. Ya'll want to visit?

Bethany, Clomid affects everyone differently. I've been TTC for about 3 years now, I just don't seem to be as fertile as I once was. *sigh* We'll see what happens! I did conceive #3 while bfing #2...I think we're sometimes most fertile when our body is used to something? Does that make sense? It seems like women conceive fairly quickly after m/c's & birth....You may be next! ;)

Sweatpea, cute banners on the bottom. How are you feeling?

For some reason I'm not getting notifications when posts are made? I'll have to look into that....

My goal is to wake up early (430) and go on the elliptical before work. Mondays are so hard for me to wake up, we'll see!!

Bethany- I'm in Orlando, not too far from you. I would be excited to have a cold Christmas (although not as cold as you Melanie) ;) I am already a little blue this Christmas and now with the warm weather, it just doesn't feel like Christmas. I'm sorry you are frustrated with your period. I felt that way when I first came off of Depo. I didn't have a period for 8 months or so and that was only because my dr put me on the pill form of BC. That seemed to jump start it for me.

I totally understand how you feel Melanie about not working out and feeling soft in the middle. I have not worked out since the end of November and it is driving me absolutely crazy. At first it was because I was too busy right before Thanksgiving, then it was because of the BFP and I was tired. Then I didn't want to because I started spotting and now it's because I am cramping and bleeding so much. I can't wait for all of this to stop so I can run again. I can't wait for just me and Coach Sean and a nice long sweaty workout. I know it will help clear my head.

Today has been a little difficult physically. I started cramping around noon and had to end my shopping trip with my mom early. I have laid on the couch all day because of the cramping. I think this might be the worst and hopefully the last of it. I did manage to get up to go out to eat with DH because I just wanted to get out of the house and boy was it yummy! At this rate, I am going to have 10 lbs to lose before I even start TTC again.

I don't know much about Clomid Melanie but I wish you luck with it. I really hope we can all get our bodies on track here and get our BFP's soon. How cool would that be if we got it all in the same month? Well, I guess I should be off to bed soon. My poor body is worn out. I hope you get your work out in Melanie and I hope you have a safe flight Bethany! Stay warm both of you!

Jen

Jen, I"m confused. Are you still in the process of miscarrying? Did you have a D & C?

Trust me about the weight gain thing. I was almost 4 months pregnant when we lost our baby. I gained 15 lbs already. Gulp. So after my D&C, I was afraid people would still think I was pg. I worked out so hard! Ate super clean! I was back in my bigger-regular clothes by the end of the week & in all my clothes by the end of the 2nd week. WWWWhhhewwww. That was tough! Then, I suppose with the event and everything, feeling blue...I lost another 10 lbs. So I lost 25 lbs in one month!

I don't think I"ll make that early AM workout. It's already 11pm & Id have to be up by 5 at the latest. We'll see!!!

No hopefully I won't need a D & C. I got a 50mg shot of Methotrexate to stop the fetus from growing and to have a "natural" miscarriage. I'm hoping yesterday was the worst of it because it was pretty bad. I am hopeful and excited today because my temp dropped below my coverline so I hope that means I am done (and not pregnant.) I am still bleeding but I know that could go on for a few weeks until my body heals.

I probably haven't gained that much but all this bloat and water weight I feel like I have. Plus I have a horrible mind set about my body when I don't work out and seeing that it has almost been a month doesn't help. Congratulations on losing all of your weight! I probably would have done the same thing....working out is like therapy for me. It helps me to feel calm and relaxed. I am hoping to restart this weekend after Christmas. Grandma will be here today so I'm not sure if I will even have time. I would like to work really hard at getting back to where I was pre pregnancy.

Jen

Whew, what a day at work! I had to wrap up loose ends and send out all my notes to physicians today bc I won't be there any more this week. I'm so excited about going up north! Melanie, I think I would DIE in -55 deg weather. It was 61 today and I had my coat and gloves on, lol.:p

Melanie, I am so impressed by your weight loss after the m/c. Did you follow a specific rotation?

One of my coworkers came in today and announced her step-daughter is pregnant. They had been trying for a year and she added dairy and fish to her diet (she's a vegan) and went from running down to brisk walking. She also took a break from work (less stress). The combo seemed to do the trick!

Jen, exercise is therapy to me too and I don't want to cut it down, but...my heart is torn bc I really want another baby! Though, I look at Cathe and you ladies and you all exercise quite intensely! Yay about getting below your coverline. I'm sure you'll be back into your old exercise routine in no time once you start again.:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.