ttc; Has anyone heard of this?

jeanmarie

Cathlete
hi ladies!

Hoping you could give some advice/input.

The good news is my husbands semen analysis came back great.

The bads new is my HSG exam on Monday was so/so.....Uterus looks good(no fibroids), ovaries look good, fallopian tubes aren't blocked...

BUT - I have some fluid in my uterus (?). Doc said perhaps it is left-over from my period, but also noted that "well, its practically impossible to conceive if you have fluid in your uterus..".

I am going in again tomorrow for another vaginal ultrasound; she said perhaps the fluid would be gone; otherwise, i will need another test (can't remember the name...). I know I looked like a "Deer in headlights" when she told me this, and I think she said there is a treatment/procedure(?)for this....

Anyone else have this? or heard of it? All I can find on the internet is that fluid in utero is caused from hyperstimulation of ovaries (nope, don't have that), or blocked fallopian tubes(nope, don't have that either, at least the HSG exam showed that).

Sorry, I'm fretting over this; just hope its not going to be a recurring problem....

thanks for your advice,
Jeannine

Nope, I haven't heard of this. As impossible as it may be, just try to relax until the next u/s....praying that everything clears out by then. ;)

Hi ladies!
Well, the good news is that the amount of fluid in my uterus has diminished. the bad news is that there is still some, which greatly reduces my chance of conceiving this month (per doctor)....

She mentioned that sometimes after ovulation, once progesterone prodn kicks in, extra fluid can be absorbed, so she has me coming in next thursday(cycle day 20) for another ultrasound....

please pray for me; i am so upset about the 'unknown' aspect of this...hope the doc can figure out what is going on with me, and determine if I will be able to possibly conceive....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.