Tired of not feeling well...

goldenrun358

Cathlete
I don't post on here a whole lot because I usually don't have time to check in everyday. But, every now and then a girl just doesn't know where else to vent.

I'll be 12 weeks with my first on Tuesday. I don't think I've felt good since December!

I am so tired all the time. I don't have any energy despite getting what ought to be adequate rest. The nausea is finally subsiding, so I'm eating better, but I still am lacking my usual pep.

What's really getting me down is not exercising. I haven't been except for a day here and there. And I haven't felt like it at all. I am frustrated because I'm getting so deconditioned, but I just can't force myself to workout when I'm feeling poorly. I don't want to push through feeling bad and force myself to do it, because then I just feel really wiped out and I pay for it for days. With my work schedule I just can't afford to feel so exhausted.

I'm also frustrated because it seems like every other pregnant woman I know who was into fitness prior to pregnancy can keep on doing it. Am I missing something? Am I alone in feeling like this?

Thanks for the listening to me complain! Hope you all have a good day! :)

ask about

your magnesium levels. You might want those to be checked. A low magnesium level can cause exhaustion and nausea in pregnant women. (according to my mother.)

You are not alone. I was, on the other hand, pretty good (not excellent) in the first trimester and most of the 2nd. The third has been terrible for me. I have been taken off exercise for like 5-6 weeks now I think ( I am due in 2 weeks give or take ) and I am a personal trainer. So it really SUCKS! I feel fat and depressed. I feel like a fatty next to my clients (when I was still training in the end).
I totally understand. Each pregnancy is different but I don't know why. I was able to work up to my due dates on my first 2 pregnancies. All I can say is I am sorry you can't workout but a lot of us can't, I promise you are not alone. I do hear that the 2nd trimester is the best time to workout for pregos. I never had the morning sickness in the 1st so I can't relate. Just look forward any time now to being in the 2nd trimester in another week or two! Then I hope you will feel better!
Good luck
Clarissa

Don't let yourself get depressed about not exercising. Your baby needs you to be healthy and if you are too tired to exercise don't do it. Make sure you eat well and get enough fluids. You should start to feel better in your second trimester. Due to a high risk pregnancy I could not exercise at all during my pregnancy. I just kept focusing on the fact that I wanted a healthy baby which is way more important than looking good.

oh my gosh you are def NOT the only one! this pregnancy my nausea was so bad and my energy so low i barely worked out AT ALL until about 6 months. i actually was sleeping 12-13 hours per night most of the time i was so exhausted which basically only left time to go to work. and by the time 6 months came around i was having a lot of joint pain and couldn't really do much cardio anymore. my saving grace was a prenatal flow yoga class, starting around 6 months. at least i was moving lol. i was so jealous of ppl who could maintain their fitness levels during pregnancy.

but also, every pregnancy is different. i wasnt sick, lacking energy, or affected by heartburn with my first. you just never know!

if you are someone who easily puts on weight just really watch what you eat because that can be a rough. i'm totally paying for it right now.

and there will a turning point, for most ppl it is during the second trimester sometime.

hang in there =)

wendy

I don't post on here a whole lot because I usually don't have time to check in everyday. But, every now and then a girl just doesn't know where else to vent.

I'll be 12 weeks with my first on Tuesday. I don't think I've felt good since December!

I am so tired all the time. I don't have any energy despite getting what ought to be adequate rest. The nausea is finally subsiding, so I'm eating better, but I still am lacking my usual pep.

What's really getting me down is not exercising. I haven't been except for a day here and there. And I haven't felt like it at all. I am frustrated because I'm getting so deconditioned, but I just can't force myself to workout when I'm feeling poorly. I don't want to push through feeling bad and force myself to do it, because then I just feel really wiped out and I pay for it for days. With my work schedule I just can't afford to feel so exhausted.

I'm also frustrated because it seems like every other pregnant woman I know who was into fitness prior to pregnancy can keep on doing it. Am I missing something? Am I alone in feeling like this?

Thanks for the listening to me complain! Hope you all have a good day! :)

I do so understand how you feel! I had the same experience with my first pregnancy -- nauseated, tired, felt awful.

My advice to you: Don't push yourself. Don't beat yourself up. Do whatever you can without stressing about it -- even if all you can do is nothing.

I got through my first pregnancy and got back in shape lost the weight fairly quickly.

With my second pregnancy, I was so much more relaxed! I didn't worry over every ounce, I wasn't stressed about weight gain, and I did what I could and didn't worry about what I couldn't do. Both of my pregnancies were similar but the difference was in how I felt about them. I wish I'd cut myself more slack with the first one!

My babies are 11 and 8 1/2 now. I'm back in shape and those miserable first trimesters feel like a lifetime ago. It will pass; just don't be so hard on yourself!

Your nausea and fatigue will probably pass soon, and then you'll feel great an energetic (I hope). Just take it easy.

Good luck!

You all really helped me feel better. Thank you so much for your kind words and understanding. It really helps to know that you're not alone when you feel like this. On my off days it's hard to get out of my PJ's sometimes. What I forgot to mention is I teach aerobics too, so I feel a little pressure to maintain my level of fitness. I've also always envisioned myself working out through my entire pregnancy so this has thrown me for a loop.

In the beginning I was terrified to gain weight. But, I've made it through the first trimester and haven't gained anything really. I've totally relaxed my eating too and have been very lenient. Just trying to make sure that I get enough good nutrition for baby.

I haven't seen my doc yet, but I was wondering if maybe some of my labs are off or if this is all normal. I know I went to the grocery yesterday and was so drained and lifeless and felt dizzy, lightheaded and weak-kneed the whole time I was there. I came home and spent the rest of the day on the couch.

Thanks again for your support. I really appreciate hearing that others are experiencing/have experienced similar situations!

I remember with my first I would come home on my lunch hour, eat, sometimes vomit, sleep and go back to work. At night, I'd come home, eat and be in bed by 5:30 for the rest of the night. I had the most energy and least amount of nausea first thing in the morning so that's when I'd workout.

This time I've been continually nauseaus. Odd as it may sound, I'm glad to be nauseaus because I see it as an indicator that my hormone levels are where they should be and it makes me hopeful that there will be a happy ending this time. One tip though is that when you're feeling nauseaus look at a magazine read a book or find something simple to keep you from thinking about how nauseaus you are-it only makes it worse. Good luck and congratulations.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.