Timesaver Workout #1

melanalyus

Cathlete
Yeah! It was so much fun to do this workout this morning. I quickly previewed all DVD's last night (about 5 min of each DVD) and Cathe keeps on getting better and better. This is the first DVD set I purchased (I do have CTX DVD). I"m thinking about selling my Intensity series and buying that on DVD now too. There's so many different exercises to do. This DVD set includes lots of shorter premixed exercises that are going to be perfect to do now & after the baby comes.
The timesaver workout #1 is shorter--about 38 minutes. It's the shortest of all the timesaver workouts. I found this perfect today as I was a little nervous about pushing myself too hard. I was able to modify many of the moves as low-impact & even kept a couple moves high impact. I've become quite adept at modfying workouts during my pregnancy.
Oh, I like this line Cathe used "Whatever floats your boat". I haven't heard that cliche before. It was cute.
Can't wait to hear what others think of this routine.
Have a great day!

Melanie
Baby boy due 1/25/04

" Take care of your body like it will last a lifetime. Take care of your soul like it will last for eternity"

Wasn't it a blast, Melanie??? I loved it! Usually the first time I try a workout, it doesn't go as smoothly as this one did. Her cuing was great and the step portion was so much fun! I can't wait to try #2 tomorrow. Actually, I am so excited for the whole series! It is nice that some of the workouts are under an hour (aside from the timesaver workouts), it sure makes them easier to fit into our busy lifestyles! Anyway, I am glad that you had as much fun as I did! Briee, we hope to hear from you soon about this one - provided you aren't giving birth right now!! ;-)

Not yet Sarah!!!! I always have a hard time knowing if I really like a workout the first time I do it. Here was my major frustration - not Cathe's fault at all. The workout went okay. I have to admit the 6 count down pushups I tried on my toes and would stop when my stomach touched the ground go back up, but did not complete them all although I did get all of the pushups with the lifted hand core work in - they are marvelous, love these, really felt the pull in my core!!

During the entire step warm up and routine my uterus was in a constant state of contraction, rock hard, but then again I was doing all the impact, maybe a little reduced. I noticed this morning when I got up that my stomach had dropped and I can breath a little better.....so getting closer.

Oh yeah, my major frustration....I bought this panasonic DVD player at a garage sale (they said it worked fine - gullible me!!) and it works for about an hour, or at least it used to...then the picture starts fading for some weird reason. Well...I got through the chest/triceps but it began to blip out before the cool down so I had to do my own stretch and cool down. We looked at DVD players at walmart today and I want the one with the Guardian built in, but I think were going to wait to get it for a week or so. This was really irritating. I hope to continue doing the BB Timesaver #2 tomorrow, but I'm scared it's going to blip out in the end....but I will try!!

It's always fun to do something new. I have to admit, I can't wait to do the push/pull and superset!!! I would not have got out of bed this morning had I not been scheduled to do this workout with you so....I have all of you to thank!!! (had a restless night, up from 1:00 until 4:00 with lots of contractions - they of course stopped!!)

Briee

I forgot to add.....I'm going want all my workouts on DVD too!!!! This has surely spoiled me!!

Briee

So, did you girls do Timesaver #2 this morning (or today)? I liked this one, too! I did have a little more trouble with the choreography, but once I got it, it was a fun workout. The only problem that I had was getting my heart rate elevated enough during hi/lo. I don't really do plyo stuff right now, so it is hard to maintain a good heart rate. I like to feel all sweaty like you, Melanie, in order to feel like I got a good workout!
Anyway, I needed this series right now! It has been hard to get up early (before the rest of the family) to do my workouts, but this series really gives me motivation! Hope you guys are having fun with it, too!!

I liked it I liked it!!!! For some reason I had more fun this time....see it just takes me a little while. EXCEPT for those pikes, more pikes, pikes revisited, pikes are......well.....crummy right now!!! During the stability ball back work, I flipped over and did sit ups on it. Pretty easy to modify. And amazingly my DVD player didn't quit this time, made it through the whole thing. I want to learn how to use the "mixer" thing (can't remember what it's called), this will be sooooo much fun!!!

Tomorrow 6am Timesaver #3, be there, be square (or in labor).

Briee

Today was my day off, but I volunteered to do medication reviews for seniors all day. So I didn't get a chance to do Timesaver #2 until 5pm.
I really liked it a lot. I didn't get very hot & slippery...but maybe next time, now that I'm more familiar with the choreography. Like Sara, I thought the choreography was more challenging than yesterday. Like Briee, I did sit ups on the stability ball instead of the back exercise. I layed on the ball with my belly down & it was really uncomfortable. Easily modified. I did not do the pikes, instead I followed Cedie. It was funny b/c when I'm in the plank position--you can totally see the outline of my baby boy. It's kind of freaky looking!!!!
I did most of the impact in the step portion. Hi-low is not my favorite in general--but I liked Cathe's moves. I did the pylos, but I don't spread my legs far apart & they are very shallow. Man, doesn't Rhonda look fabulous? The whole crew looks good, but she just looks so lean & tight, doesn't she?!?!
The workout blender is really easy to use. I programed a couple in the night I was previewing & it was pretty simple.
Still longing for the body blast in DVD format now. Maybe for Christmas?!!?
See you guys tomorrow!!!

Melanie
Baby boy due 1/25/04

" Take care of your body like it will last a lifetime. Take care of your soul like it will last for eternity"

I think you meant your still longing for the intensity series in DVD format for Christmas - I would just LOVE this Melanie. I can see mixing and matching the I-series in thousands of ways!! Well...we can play with the BB for a while and hope for the others soon as possible!! (I'm going to have to study up on the workout blender option-soon as we get a new DVD player, I may have questions for you).

Briee

These crazy contractions are making me crazy, I feel like my intestines are soooo sore right now - maybe it's my whole abdomen that's sore. Hey hdh are you out there????? Are you getting any of this stuff????

Yes Briee, misspoke(mistyped) AGAIN!!! I'm so glad I have you out there covering me. Yes,I want the INTENSITY series on DVD now. I think I'll let my husband know tonight so he can hurry up and save his pennies!!!!
Briee, you must be soooo close to delivery. Haven't had any contractions, just lots of movements. Maybe this baby will come in Febuary? DH thinks he will be early. We'll see. Not ready for him NOW, that's for sure. You,on the otherhand, sound ready for delivery.
Briee, are you 9 months pregnant now? Is your due date when you become 10 months pregnant? Just curious...
Well, I"m off to do Timesaver #3!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melanie
Baby boy due 1/25/04

Where are you two? I hope you made it through timesaver #3. Of course, if Briee decided to go ahead and give birth...I'll certainly understand!!!
Timesaver #3 was quite a bit harder than 1 & 2 in my opinion. There were parts of the choregraphy that took me longer to get. No complaints...I"m sure I'll have it down after my next workout with it. The cardio portion was longer than the past two. Again,I didn't mind....I did have to pause a couple of times though.
The strength training was good & I enjoyed the cardio portion.
Tomorrow (#4) looks like kickboxing. Should be fun. I'm really excited to try this one.
Take care!

Melanie
Baby boy due 1/25/04

Okay Melanie (I just finished watching Pollyanna with the kids and there was this really funny lady that called Pollyanna an impertinant little girl) AND YOU ARE BEING IMPERTINANT - and yes I will be 10 months pregnant after Wednesday-- he he he he ha ha ha :7 :7 :7 . I'm not sure if I fully understand the meaning of impertinant - but I'm sure that's what you're being!!!! (more laughing)

Yesterday guys, I was at an all time low, just a crappy, crummy day ALL day. Should have probably had the baby, but I didn't!! I did no workout, NO TIMESAVER #3 and if it was the MOST FUN VIDEO in the world, I still wouldn't have done it - so there!! (I think I'm being impertinant here)

SO today is much better, but I still couldn't do Timesaver #3 - the push/pull was calling to me and I just had to give in. My muscles were screaming for some heavy weights SO SORRY. It was fun, though!! Went as heavy as I could. Those lunges were killers at this point!! I'd rather do slow heavy lunges than endurance ones, but I made it. I did not put my heel on the weight in front, balance is not what it used to be!! I did the flies on the ball, but moved up past my tummy, toward my chest. This works now, since baby has dropped, much lower. NO SUPERMAN'S FOR ME - they look fun though!! Did sit ups on the ball again. I really want that intensity series on DVD now!!

Briee

Hi girls! Briee - I can hardly blame you for wanting to try Push/Pull! I finally previewed all of them and it is hard to stick to the Timesavers! I think that it will help me get through the step videos, though! I hope that you are feeling better now! I know that those last couple of weeks are torture! Your little muffin will be here before you know it!!!!!
Melanie - I stuck with you and did TS #3 the day before yesterday and TS#4 today. I had fun with the 3rd one! The choreography stumped me a couple of times, but I picked it up before I was done. I'm sure that the next time will go more smoothly for both of us!! As for #4, I had a little trouble getting my heart rate up high enough. I know that after peanut arrives, this video will be awesome with all of power type moves!! Unfortunately, KB isn't really my thing during pregnancy. I always feel like my abls are ripping in two - probably not a good thing! :-(
So tomorrow we are onto TS #5 - the dreaded legs video!!!!!! Melanie, do your legs still feel like lead weights or are you going to attempt it with me??? I know that we can do it!! Just modify, modify, modify!!! ;-) That is the story of my life right now!
Have a great weekend girls!!!!

Well,it doesn't look like I'll be doing Timesaver #4 today. I"m sorry. I"m pretty beat. I worked part a day, did a Bible Study, tore apart some bunkbeds, installed base boards along the perimeter of my 9 year-olds carpet, and began to shuggle things from one room into another. Urgh! Now it's 430 & the entire family is home. I need to do some laundry, make the bed, and get dinner ready. After that...I will collapse & hopefully sleep in tomorrow.
Tomorrow I will go ahead and skip Timesaver #4 & do #5 with you Sara. My legs have been like lead during the most part of my pregnancy. Those pylos in Timesaver #2 made me sore too!!! I will modify & use must lighter weights. It's nice to be able to compare.
So...... Briee, my weight lifter....perhaps you'll join us? I haven't checked out any other DVD's so I feel good about sticking to Timesavers.I will probably do them again next week.

Melanie
Baby boy due 1/25/04

Okay.....I'll skip to #5 with ya, as long as my legs aren't screaming tomorrow morning from the SLOOOW lunges in push/pull.

I'm not going to have the baby for at least a week and that's another post!!!!

Briee

Briee, read your other post. You have lots of restraint, my dear. I'm about ready to strangle DH b/c baby's room hasn't been started yet. HE's the doodle dadler around here!
Anyways, if you aren't planning on delivering until NEXT week, you sure you want to continue with workouts?
I plan on doing TS#5 around 5pm. Finished moving 9 year-old's room today. Then I cleaned the fridge. Now I'm off to the grocery store. When I get back I plan to mop the floor...then my son's friend is coming over for a sleep over. It is during this time I will begin my workout. :eek:) I'll look forward to it as long as I can still stand!!! Tomorrow I'm going into town to go Christmas shopping after church...so I definitely won't have anytime to clean tomorrow!!

Melanie
Baby boy due 1/25/04

Melanie....you are just amazing...you must be a big bundle of energy. In all honesty...if I waited until 5pm to work out, actually if the clock passes 8 am, I would never have the energy to workout, by nighttime I'm zapped. I really wish you would come to my house to clean!!!!

I did Timesaver #5 this morning.....OOOOOOO your legs are going to love this one, what fun!! I like concentrating on upper or lower body (alternating days) so this ones for me!! I don't have ankle weights - have to get some of these in the future. Sara...what did you think??? Melanie, you should be just about ready to begin...it's 4:53pm our time....HAVE FUN!!

Briee

Briee, you give me way too much credit. Normally, I"m strongest at about 4pm. Everyone has their "power" hour & 4pm tends to be mine. I'm typically at work during that time, so I don't get to utilize that hour as much as I'd like. Maybe the baby will take a 4pm nap?!?

I suffered through TS #5 today. For a strength video it was pretty good. I did several moves without weights & I'm positive I'm going to feel it tomorrow even without the weights. I also didn't do all the ab moves:

1. lower abdominal exercises weren't comfortable for me so I modified w/just upper ab situps on the ball.
2. I do have ankle weights, but as I mentioned before my legs are lead pretty much all the time right now, so I didn't want to push it.I did the exercises with no ankle weights.
3. I used a 8-inch bench for the routine portion that called for a tall step. Pre-pregancy I would have used my 14-inch FIRM step. Again, I feel I felt it...so I worked sufficently.

I probably won't do the TS #5 again until after the baby's born. As mentioned several times, I definitely favor cardio over strenth. Now that I'm pregnant, I cannot even count on ibuprofens to get me through my pain periods, you know what I mean? Tylenol just doesn't help with my inflammation!!

Okay,this got really winded. Sorry!!! If I have energy after my shopping tomorrow I"m planning on doing TS #4. Are you with me Briee? Sara has already zapped through it. She's such a trooper. BTW, where is she? Wondering if Sara has had a chance to do TS#5!!!

Melanie
Baby boy due 1/25/04

Hi guys! Sorry to check in so late! I have kind-of been a couch-potato today, and my son has actually been cooperative so I took advantage!!! I did do TS #5 this morning, though! Boy, was that a fun workout!! Briee, I like splitting upper and lower body, too, and this will be a great addition to my collection!!! This whole series has such great ab work, too! I really look forward to not being pregnant and doing some of these exercises!!!
I guess that it has been about 7 or 8 days since I took a day off, so I am going to try to sleep in tomorrow and get some needed rest. Thank goodness for you guys - you are the only reason I got up early to workout!!!! Good luck shopping, Melanie! If you like kickboxing, you will enjoy TS #4! Have fun! Talk to you girls Monday! Hopefully you will make it through the weekend Briee!!!;-) Good luck with those slacker workers!!

Brie
I am just reading your posts here I do not know if you have like an xbox or play staion2 cuz they play DVDs and I believe it is just as easy to move around the chapters etc.
I have all those game things my boys are 20,17 and 14 We have DVD player but it is in the one of the bedrooms so I always use the game hting downstairs I just thoguht I owuld let you allknow this do not know if you have other children or if your hubbys play Good luck with your birth ! of my kids was born Dec 26
Lisa

Thanks for your information Lisa. I don't have an xbox - we banned the video games around here and sold the nintendo box a while back, but very good idea!!! So far I have been making it through the workouts, except for the first one where I paused it too many times. Now I really have to push myself as I can't pause the tape or I might miss the end - now that's motivation!!

I love TS#5 tape, for some reason my legs feel fine now and don't feel so weighted down, but believe me Melanie, they did for the first two trimesters. My weight is still staying right at 127 and I've actually lost 1/2 inch off my tush and legs in the last month. I had been up to 129 about 2 months ago. This has been a very different weight gain pattern from my other pregnancies. I've been doing lots of protein shakes and cutting carbs and it just seems to keep my weight the same. I gained almost all my weight the first two tri's.

Sunday is usually my rest day so I may try #4 on Monday, we'll see, I would kind of like to get back to upper/lower alternating heavy weight days. I am just the opposite of Mel and Sara, terrible at cardio and fine with weights. I was up last night having contraction after contraction, but NOTHING. That's okay, I would happy if it came next Saturday or Sunday so all these guys will be out of here!!

Briee (always long winded!!)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.