Teething at 10 weeks??

howzitbn

Cathlete
My DD, Emily, will be 10 weeks old on Wed. She's been drooling the last 2-3 days, and then this evening started crying like she was in pain (something more than gas pain). I checked her mouth and she has a tooth that has broken through a little on the bottom. She's been chewing on her hands and has been letting go during nursing to cry out during the last couple of days too. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do. I ended up giving her a half dose of Baby Advil tonight to help her get comfortable. Help! It just seems so early. = (

Thanks in advance,
Tana

oh, that just about brings tears to my eyes!!! poor baby!
that is crazy-early to get a tooth! julias 7mo today and still nothing...not complaining tho! i love the gummy look!
i use hyland's teething tablets & gel. its a homeopathic remedy that seems to really work.
hope your sweetpea gets feeling btter!

Hi Tana!!!

Good to "hear" from you. I know you are just hugging, loving your little Emily. Not sure about the teething- it's so early. Your baby is growing so fast... Pics... pics.. post some pics of your sweet baby!! Later.

Skyy (sydney)

Teething can happen that early. While it's rare, some babies are actually born with one or more teeth. Teething has a more of a range to it than most people realize.

Thanks, Kate, Sydney & Cathy!

I'll look for the Hyland teething tablets & gel. Would Wal-Mart have it? Maybe our local pharmacy. It's not even the front bottom tooth, but about 2 over from there. Canine tooth maybe? It's gotta hurt.

Sydney, you're right...I need to post some pics!! = ) They grow & change so quickly. All I want to do is stare at her....and take pictures of her & her brother....lots & lots of pictures.

Tana

well, i suppose it is possible that your wee one is teething that early... but more than likely it is just normal developmental stuff - super-drooly, plus mouthing everything in sightonce they start to grab things, both totally normal and age appropriate even if not teething. we had this stuff going on for months and everyone would say, "oh, he must be teething!" but first tooth just popped through this week, at 8 months!

wendy

I found the teething tablets at Walgreens. I've given her one tablet two times so far. I wasn't sure about the dosage since she's so small (10 lbs 1 oz last week) so I only did half. Thankfully she's been less fussy/in pain since Tues night. The tooth that was poking out doesn't seem to be out as far. I still see & feel it, but not as much.

I spoke w/ her pediatrician and she wasn't concerned. She said she's seeing more babies w/ teeth coming in this early...some w/ a tooth by their 2-month appt. Crazy. She told me Baby Oragel & Tylenol could help. I think I'll stick w/ Hylands though. I like the all-natural part. = )

Tana

glad you're/she's getting *some* relief!
i always hate thinking of all the chemical garbage in those meds too...

It's been 30 years since my "baby" got his teeth. But he got two teeth at two months. Then he got one a month at least until 9 months and then I don't remember how they came in.

My second child teethed very early, around three months... Charlie started showing signs of teething very early too, drooling and chewing and acting fussy, but it took awhile for the first tooth to sprout. (He actually sprouted the two bottom teeth at the same time.)

I've always been afraid to use orajel because it numbs the mouth, and I'm afraid it could numb the baby's throat and he could choke. So I just use Infant Tylenol. Sometimes just rubbing it on their gums helps.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.