Ryan is here!!!

lcobb2

Cathlete
Hello all, so sorry that I haven't been in touch. Monday was my first day back at home (5 great days in the hospital in Germany--fabulous midwives). Our home computer is busted so I can't get on the Cathe forums, post pictues, or send out information very easily (typing now with one hand). Ryan was 2 weeks early and tiny (5 lbs 2.oz, 19.2 in), but he's so cute!! Absolutely perfect. We call him "Kleine Mann" (little man). Mister, Mister" or "Turtle Man" because of what he does with his head--lift way up and then out to the side. :) It's interesting to see on the outside what he did on the inside. Worked a full day on Tuesday, 21 April, then trained 2 clients, water broke at 10pm and was only 1/2 cm dilated. Stayed 2cm for 14 hours (go muscles!!!). Induced with epidural and went from 4cm to 10cm in 20min. 12 min of pushing (8 times) and he was here! Born @ 5:52pm on 22 April--Earth Day!!! Here's a website where you can see me and one of the classes I took before Ryan's birth:

http://www.afneurope.net/Home/ArticleDisplayDD/tabid/649/Default.aspx?aid=7855

Last edited:
Congratulations

Laura, congratulations! Ryan sounds perfect! And it sounds like labor went very well. You're an inspiration that you can still exercise and keep those muscles strong during pregnancy. Can't wait to see photos of Ryan!

Take care and get some sleep!
Dawn

I wondered where you were! Congrats!!!!

What is his middle name? Can't wait to see pictures! Sounds like you had a good labor!
Hope to hear more from ya soon!

Jess - what is up with you?? Can't wait to hear from you too!

Clarissa

Laura.. Wow...Congratulations!!! "Kleine Mann" is a cute nickname.

.. enjoy little Ryan. Send pics when you can.

Ryan's full name is:

Ryan Wallace (for daddy) Cobb-Larson

We wanted an non-gender specific first name and would have had "Wallis" if it was a girl. Cobb is my last name and Larson is my husband's. Wallace is my husband's middle name. It took A LOT of negotiation and compromise to get the name down. He's such a cutie! I'm waiting for the professional photographer right now and will post the website so you can see the pics soon!

I wondered where you were! Congrats!!!!

What is his middle name? Can't wait to see pictures! Sounds like you had a good labor!
Hope to hear more from ya soon!

Jess - what is up with you?? Can't wait to hear from you too!

Clarissa

Congratulations, Laura!!

My dad's first name is Wallace, and my nephew's middle name is Wallace. Good name.

All the best,
Stebby

Laura, congrats to you and a very warm welcome to little Ryan! Have you ever experienced a love like this before?? Its the most amazing thing. Give Ryan plenty of hugs and kisses from us! And enjoy these first days and weeks with him, they go by so quickly!

Ryan pictures

Wallace and I met with the photographer on Tuesday. Here's the link for one of his pictures. The website is in German, but it's pretty easy to navigate.

This is the link to the hospital:

http://www.babygalerie24.de/babygalerie/index.php?ref=993

This is the link to the photography website:
http://www.babysmile24.de/site/index.php

Click "portraitfotos" on the left side of the page. At the top of the page, insert the following code:

0066720-D0577

If you'd like to see a slideshow, click "diashow" at the top of the page.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.