The results are in!

H

Hazel

Just got the call from the doctor's office with the results of my amnio. Everything is normal, all parameters within normal limits, and . . . it's a BOY!!! Yikes! I had definite suspicions after the sonogram -- I mean, some things are hard to miss! I'm a little freaked out -- not sure I know how to be a "boy mom," but then, I didn't know anything about being a "girl mom" when Lauren was born, so I guess I'll make it up as I go along.

Anyway, thanks for letting me share the good news.

Congratulations on your baby boy! I have a son and feel like I wouldn't know what to do with a girl, so I believe that's a common feeling. Maybe someone else here with one of each sex can tell you if there's any difference (besides the obvious physical difference). They are all so adorable.
Lisa

I'm so glad that the results came back fine - what a relief after all of that waiting!
You'll have so much fun with your little boy - they are delightful!
Erica

Congratulations, Hazel!!! How exciting! When did you have your amnio? As I recall, you and I are at the same stage (I will be 21 weeks on Thursday). I had my amnio on March 6 but haven't had the results back yet and am wondering how long I should leave it before I start making calls.

Hi Stebby. I'm almost 19 weeks -- had amnio at exactly 18 weeks. That seems like a long time to wait for results -- they told me 10-12 days, and I heard back today (so 11 days, if you include weekends, but only 7 business days). And I live in a major urban area where I imagine the prenatal diagnostic center is pretty busy (they sure seemed to have a lot of people in there!).

I'd definitely call my doctor and ask -- maybe they called him/her first and he/she has just neglected to forward the results to you?

Hope you'll be posting your own good news soon!

Dear Hazel

I'm so glad that the amnio went fine! A boy, wow! I know exactly what you mean about being a girl mom and now you're having a boy. I guess I'll find out if I'm in your situation in a few weeks when I have my ultrasound.. :)
Well done!
Liz n

Congratulations!

Your baby is healthy - that is the most wonderful news! And it's a boy! As far as being a "boy mom", I had 2 girls, then a boy. What a wonderful addition to any family! My girls ADORE their brother (most of the time), who is now four years old.

A word of advice - watch for the flying fountain when changing diapers. Also, my son could pooh across the room at the drop of a hat when he was an infant. My husband would ask why I didn't have the equipment ready to clean that stuff up when I had already had 2 children. Beats me, Zachary was just gifted in that department. And, I must say, he is still gifted to this day!

I am kind of hoping to have another one myself. These kids are addictive!

Sandi

What great news!

You must be so relieved - and a boy!

Best wishes!

Your friend in fitness, Fitnik

Hi Hazel! Oh how exciting and relieving to know that your baby is healthy and a boy too. When you only have one, and then the second is the opposite sex, it must feel like a brand new experience all over again. I know that with me having another boy it is a much easier transition with bedroom decor and clothing. Don't get me wrong, I'm still very anxious and excited but I'm not nervous about what to expect. Funny, I had so many people prepare me about the fountain that boys spray all the time but I must say that Eric is not a squirter at all. He did this maybe three times since birth and it has been a welcomed relief that he didn't follow this common "squirt cycle". Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!

Hee hee, Cathe!

Actually, my first, absurd thought when they said it was a boy was, "But I have all these great girl clothes that have hardly been worn!" :)

Welcome to the blue club :)

You'll love being a mom for a boy... I do (good thing, since I'm having another boy this time :)

So glad to hear that he's so healthy! Congratulations! :)
Susan

Oh... I was baptized a number of times LOL :)

Aaron got me a few times during diapering or bathing when he was younger. Nothing like getting peed on when you're all dressed up/made up and ready to go somewhere... he usually managed to get me right in the eye! LOL
susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.