Rested mothers and their sweet babes 2/28

Sweetpea1

Cathlete
Hey ladies! Just thought I would get us started. So I am leaving B&G behind for a little while and starting Gym Series. I did Back, Bi's and Shoulders this AM and it felt GOOOD! :D

I'll be back later...off to start a grocery list and hopefully make it to the store.

Good morning ladies! Thanks for getting us started, Jen. :) I got just under 8 hours of sleep last night. :D My girls fell asleep around 830 & slept straight until 230 or so. I fed them, they slept until 6AM...which is really good.

I weighed the girls last night and they both weigh exactly 9.2 lbs. They will be out of their newborn clothes in no time! I can almost see them growing some days. Mom is down another lb. :) I'd like to focus on eating more lean foods---30% body fat is unacceptable. So I'm going to be cleaning up my diet more...it's probably the cheese that I"m eating like crazy (a true Wisconsin-ite). I'm having so much fun learning about my body!

Jen~ you must be popping muscles all over the place with all this weight work. Are you back to an exercise rhythm now? I'm amazed at the biceps that I have just with a little upper body work (and carrying the girls). That's great the DH noticed your butt. My DH hasn't said a word about my weight loss. :( Duh...like you can't notice the 40lbs I've lost since December?!?! LOL Men!...in his defense he's not a very complimentary type person. I have to say things like, "I've almost lost all my weight, can you tell?" Hee Hee Jen, are you planning on stopping bf'ing all together at 4 months?

Susan~ you must be burning alot of calories in the bedroom nowadays? ;) I wish your DH's libido would rub off on my DH a little. I made a batch of soup yesterday & thought of you.

Christine~ are you getting any sleep over there? Everyone healthy? Tell me about Charlean....is it like STS? Is it heavy weights? Any cardio? Do you think I'd like it? Charlene is working on some new cardio workouts due to come out in Spring....I really like her. ;) Scrapbooking sounds like fun...I'd like to do it someday when I have more time. It sounds like your love making is inspiring to your DH....I'd be all over that!

Allison~ are you enjoying your new weights? I made my own baby food with the boys...but not for very long. I have a Vitamix, and plan to make all of the girls food. :) I have a HR monitor that I sometimes use when running. How does it equate to calories burned? Mine just says the current HR....it's a Polar & I got it on a trade a few years back (traded two FIRM) videos for it.

Hi Bunenek~ I forgot your real name? I remember you from pregnancy forums though!

LisaMarie~ welcome to our group!

DH & DS are home & taking naps. I'm going to fingerpaint with the boys and mentally prepare for my "run". It's way too cold to run outside. :( ......but March is right around the corner as is the promise of warmer days! This entire fall/winter season has been a blur to me!

hi Precilla & everyone else I missed. Waves to all!

Jen- I love the gym style series. The back shoulder disc you did changed my body and I LOVED the results. I did it religiously before we went to Hawaii last year and it was the first time I did not cringe at pictures of me. The muscles are really lean from those discs. Do you ever do the Legs and Glutes disc? I forget which one it is on.
Susan- How is Kara sleeping?
Melanie- My hubby never gives compliments either. I feel your frustration. And when he does, he usually is talking about how big my boobs look. Thanks. I am a huge cheese eater too. I switched to lowfat string cheese.
Chalean's series is like STS, but less equipment and more lighthearted in appraoch. I think you would like it. It has someone using different types of equipment. It is intended to be heavy weights, but there is a woman doing light weights and another one using the bands. When you buy the set, it comes with the bands, at least mine did. I like her a lot and am concentrating on doing her program now and will do STS later. I just do not have the time commitment to make STS work right now. I saw results form ChaLean quickly and the videos are only 30 minutes. There is a cardio disc in the set, I have not done it. I usually do an insanity or Hiit workout and then lift. It is also good for being short, since i never know how long a nap the kids will take...
I made baby food for a nanosecond with my first. It is a lot of work, and I would get so frustrated if he did not like what I was offering. If anyone wants my babyfood making machine, raise your hand and I will send it to you. I like the Earth's BEst products and will do those again this time.
Both kids slept through the night again! I got 8 hours! WOO HOO! Hubby will get lucky again today! Waiting for him to wake up so we can all go running, then I think a bike ride to the taqueria for beers in teh sun at lunch. Low key day ahead.
Waves to all the ladies!

Babyfood making machine? I'm interested, Christine. I feel guilty though....as I already took your GoFitWear! LOL I might have to look into the Charlean thing. I like that they are short, I could incorporate into my running training. Cathe's strength training DVDs are too long & intense for this cardio junkie. :p

I didn't make baby food that long with the boys....but since I have TWO now, I don't mind the extra work b/c it seems more productive.

I just downloaded the movie's from our visit to see my folks. Oh man. I had more tears watching it then I did when I was actually there! I'm going to see if I can figure out how to put on facebook!

Good morning! I think I'll give the check-in a try...hope I can keep up with who is who! Before I start off with a quick intro, please excuse any typos,missing commas, etc. The only time I use the internet is on my phone with baby attached to me!

I'm a mom to two from Minnesota. Caden is almost 18 months and Reese is 3 weeks old. I am on leave from my full-time job for 8-12 weeks...I was going to take all 12 weeks right away but am now thinking about going back after 8 and then taking the other 4 in a few months. I started working out with Cathe about 8 years ago and have built quite the collection! Last week, I started working out again and am doing P90X for weight work and running (just 20min right now) on cardio days. I would like to work out longer, but time doesn't permit...and probably won't for quite awhile once I return to work.Reese still spends a lot of naps/nights sleeping with me and is up every couple hours.

Chrstine (hope I got the name right)- is it the Chalene Extreme workouts you are doing? I've been thinking about getting them, due to their short length, but I wasn't sure if they would be intense enough.

Melanie-nice job on the weight loss. I've been eaing a lot of cheese too, as I've been trying to reduce my carbs....I should probably keep that in check or I'll never get to my goal :). Oh, and my DH doesn't throw too many compliments my way either!

all for now...Reese has fallen asleep at the breast, which I've been trying to stop her from doing so much. I guess my teeny boobs put her to sleep as much as they do DH..ha! ;)

lisa

Hi Lisa! Charlean is supposed to be pretty intense from what I've read. Lo Carb eating helped me lose weight from pregnancies 2-4, but with the last pregnancy I had to twist things up. The Abs Diet has worked well for me. Do you run outside? I'm training for 1/2 marathon right now.

I'm having fun figuring out my camcorder. I'm trying to download stuff onto youtube (and then onto facebook). I've wasted a good 90 minutes working on this! YIKES!!!

Welcome Lisa! Quite the funny gal (bbs joke) :p You will find a groove when you get back to work. James is 3 1/2 months and I am just getting more than two days a week in. I love the name Reese! :D

Melanie-Just starting to get a rhythm back but still not focusing on cardio. My arms do look a lil more muscular and legs muscles can be seen. But the abs seem to be a thing of the past. I am going to stop pumping. I havent nursed J for about two months.

Christine-Is L&G on KPC? I love what that work out did for my butt before. My DH is a real butt guy so I like to work on it. ;)

I made it to Target for $5 tank tops, grocery store, returned library books, got car washed and mixed up some more spicy chicken cakes! Whew! Think I might take a nap....zzzz

Hi Ladies!
We made an early run to LIttle Rock this morning. Went to Whole Foods and Target.

Jen-good job ont he workout! Are you planning on working out in the mornings before work now?
Melanie-glad your night went well and high 5 on the lb lost! Oh I would love to see the video..I am such a cryer..I will be bawling Im sure! My dh is going on a fishing trip next weekend.
Christine-you lucky duck...2 nights in a row! Kara got up 2 times again last night. She nurses and goes right back to sleep but I am not a good sleeper so it takes me forever to go back to sleep usually. Have a nice run/bike ride/ beer! Sounds like a great day!
Hi LIsa! Welcome to the checkin!
Hi Pricilla!
off to eat lunch
HOpe everyone is kegaling! 8....9..and 10

Jen- Yes! It is on KPC! I like it although I can not move for days after I do it. I did a lot of lower body work this week and love feelign super sore in the fanny! I know I am burning lots of extra calories when my quads and butt are sore! I am so glad that you like the chicken cakes recipe. I have a lot of them. We eat a ton of ground chicken adn turkey. I buy it in bulk at Costco and vacuum seal the portion we need for us to eat dinner. I find that I just end up wasting food if I use the full amount in a grocery store portion. If you want more of the chicken cake recipes, I will post the links... Also, I know you are in a cardio rut, do you wany my Tae Bo DVDs? I do not like him, he is cheesy. Let me know, no problem at all. It will free up some space for me to get a few I have been looking at on collagevideo.com!

Melanie- You nut. Of course you can have my baby food contraption. I will get it in the mail soon... I just am not committed to it, but know it is better for teh kids. I figure you will get your money's worth cooking for two! I think you would really like the Charlean videos. II like Cathe strength training DVDs, but do not have time, since I do an hour of cardio every day. It is only as intense as you make it. I will say, I was feeling it today, and now my arms are shaking. But not shaking enough to skip nachos and a beer at lunch! I weighed in at 138 today. It is the first time below 140 for me! Woo hoo! I swear it is from getting sleep the past two nights, and I am swollen because I am getting my period. Hubby is trying to get access before auntie flow arrives. Too bad hockey is on. I think the hockey might trump the nookie. Although, I am okay with it, because it gives me some computer time.
Great videos on FB. That trip was such a great idea.

Susan- Sounds lik eyou have been productive today, yeah! Do not get too tired, your hubby will not get his fair share!

Lisa- So glad you ventured over here. You sure hav eyour hands full with two. How do you do it? Whew! Looking forward to getting to know you. Briefly, I am a stay at home mom, have a four year old and a 10 week old. My baby was born with Severe hemophilia, so occassionally you may hear me talk about that. It was a surprise and is tough, but we will handle it over time. We moved to teh San Francisco area from southern california at the end of pregnancy. I try to run every mornign with the kids in the jogger, it is my savior. ANd I try to do a video when the baby naps, I let my other son play in the backyard or watch a movie to get me some time!

Prisciila and Allsion- How are you ladies? Allison, did you get the DVDs, I threw in the boot camp too. I just cannot stand how chipper she is. And her hair bothers me for some reason. Hope that you get more use out of them than i did!

So, another full night of sleep last night. I was so happy! Got up and family run was great. We walked to the taco place and hung out after lunch while jimmy had a frozen yogurt. We are taking the bike ride this afternoon after Jimmy and JOhn's nap. Great weekend. IT was about time we had some good days around here!!!!

Making Ground turkey asian wraps tonight with edamame. Family favorite! I have cooked a lot of great recipes this weekend. I made blue cheese dressing last night that was out of this world, and some awesome croutons out of old bread. I am tryign not to throw anything away and be more creative.

One more week till my hubby is out of town for a week and I will be solo. Yikes!

Melanie- I run on the treadmill. I have rheumatoid arthritis. so running outdoors is too hard on my joints. Although I don't feel pain when I run, I know the pavement impact would't begood for my joints. I really don't even enjoy running, but I feel like it gives me the most 'bang for my buck' when I'm so limited for time.

What's with all these DHs wanting sex?? Oh what I would do to have my DH have a decent sex drive!

Can I expect a daily kegal reminder? :) I could use it..I never remember!

I got in a 20 min run tonight...didn't have time for abs as Reese was up, so that will move to tomorrow

So as I sit here typing you, I am done pumping for the last time. Its kind of bittersweet for me but I know its for the best.

And some more sad news...I am taking our second dog to the pound tomorrow. :( We've had so many problems with her. She has bitten DH numerous times and gets into fights with our first dog. She also attacked MIL's German Shepherd and she's only 35#s. We have worked and worked with her but after the fight I saw today w my other dog, that's it. DH could not get her away from the other one and I am not risking James getting hurt. Or my first dog getting badly injured. My first girl, Kayla has never bitten this second dog even after all the other fights. Tomorrow will be sad and its the first hard decision I've had to make as a mommy but I can't take that chance.

On to happier things.....

Christine-Yes! More recipes please!!! :D I'm in a cooking rut. I like having leftovers, its what gets me through the week. And a polite "No thank you" to Taebo. I have a TON of them and have done a few here and there. I think Shelly is annoying with all the noise she makes!

Susan- Can we have a daily keagal reminder? ;) I think I've only done two since we first started talking about it. :eek:

Hey Priscila! Are you hanging in there? How is Daniel sleeping? We miss you!

Hi Allison! How are the dumbbells? I am SOOO jealous! :D

Last edited:
Christine, you are too good to me. Can I send you some ching? Great job on the weight loss! It feels so good when you dip down into the next 10s...I love being in the 130s!! :D

LisaMarie, it sounds like you and are in the same boat with DH's low libidos. Bummer.

Jen, bummer about putting the doggie down. That's got to be tough. We've only had to do that once. Urgh. (hugs)(hugs)

Susan, imagine all those calories you've been burning in the bedroom! LOL BTW, are you planning a number 3?

Boys are whiny, gotta get them to bed...

Jen- I am so so so sorry. But, you ARE making the right decision. We had to actually put down our old diabetic cat when Jimmy was 6 months. She was old and ornary adn tried to bite him. I know it is hard, and I am ashamed to say it, the kids fill the void! And less poop! What kind of cardio do you like? I recommend joining Netflix and you can test drive DVDs to figure out if you want to own them. I wish I had figured that out sooner. I have a lot of DVDs that I hate, so I will look through them and see if you are interested. you mentioned that you do not like step. Is it Cathe only? She is very complex. I have some less complicated, simple move but high intensity workouts that I would be happy to lend you as long as you want. It is what has gotten me through some ruts. And, I am sorry about the pumping. IT will be a huge relief though. Which formula did you choose? Be careful with sex, though, you are period bound lady!
Melanie- No, never send ching, Just what friends are for. I will get it out this week or next. Want my Tae Bo? Again, loved your videos. I am supposed to get my period any day, so I totally cried.
Okay, we ordered pizza so we could relax tonight. Hubby got lucky. He is so in love now that he is getting some. I think I might even look happier. tee hee.
Recipes are so coming for you Jen. I LOVE cooking and get in ruts. Right now i am loving it, so I will forward everythign. I have a few that I ammend, so I will type those up. Do you like the lettuce wraps at PF Changs? I have one that I make with ground turkey and edamame added for fiber and wrap in high fiber tortillas. The family loves them. That was supposed to be tonights dinner, but happy hubby gave me the night off.
I am so sore from workouts this weekend and feel happy about it...
Hi to all the other mommas!

I have lots of Good Start Formula coupons, if anyone can use them....let me know!

Jen~ so are you done nursing now? or just pumping?

Christine~ I ran 8 miles today, and got super dooper hungry around mile 6...it was so strong I was almost not able to finish. So, I had one of the boys get me a Fiber One bar......I ate it, then felt like I was going to vomit. Do you eat at all before your runs? Nope, i have some Tae Bo,...but I haven't done them in a really long time. I crave more choreography & less drilly type workouts. But thanks anyway!! You are so generous!

My butt is sore. I have a super little bum. Always have. My legs are scrawny too. Too bad my abs can't be teeny too...never has been. I"m confident though, with continual clean eating,...that I will firm up & get rid of this flab! ha ha

Oh.....I have to work tomorrow.....so I'll be AWOL again. Be back Tuesday. :)

HI everyone. I'm glad t be back, Seriously girls you have been very chatty lately, it's hard to keep up ;)
Welcome Lisa Marie!! Let me introduce myself, I'm Priscila and I had my first baby (Daniel) on Dec 7th. This forum is wonderful and you'll laugh a lot with these ladies.

So, Daniel just discovered his right fist and he sucks on it all day long. (Picture attached) He is so adorable, the other day I made it back from work for my lunch break and he was with DH all quite, when he saw me he smiled at me and when I left the room he started crying for his mommy, too cute (at least for now).

I have been working my butt off to lose this weight. I still have 8 more pounds to go to reach my pre preggo weight.

Christine, I started CLX last week and lost 2 pounds and visible inches. I can now fit in most of my pants. I love, love, love Chalean's energy and I'm planning on getting her Turbo Fire program as well when is available. I'm on my second week of the Burn phase, this is actually my first rotation ever.

Jen, so sorry about your dog but I agree with you, you can't risk little James for nothing. So what's your plan Jen, are you doing Gym style with cardio on different days?

oh, cranky baby just woke up
off to feed him, bb for more personals tomorrow

Hi Susan, Melanie, Allison and the rest of the crew

Attachments

• 2[1].jpg
    2[1].jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 16
NO! I never should have ventured over here---I may now have to buy Chaleen Extreme. grrr....enablers. One question though: how high impact is the cardio?

Jen-so sorry about your dog but it definitely sounds like the right thing to do.

melanie-I would love those coupons. I will get you my address if you still have them.

I"m down another lb today. I love these weeks when weight falls off. :)

Lisa, PM your address & I'll send them to you. I get double b/c of the twins. Oh, and I'm in the market for CLX now too. ;) ....now on the hunt for the cheapest price. lol

A little intro, I"m also a MN mom (live along the Canadian border). I have three boys & twin baby girls. I LOVE LOVE LOVE being a mom & wife...but I'm also a pharmacist. I've been working out since 1998 & have been a Catheite since 1999!!!

Okay, I"m off to work.

Hi Precilla! Beauitful picture. Your weeone is so adorable. Good job on weight loss!

Hey Lisa, I never "introduced" myself. I am Jen, married with one dog :( and my 3 1/2 month old light of my life, James. We live in Florida and I discovered Cathe about three or four years ago. Before that I was a Taebo freak :eek: and then started running. Now I absolutely LOVE what weights does for my body. (I'm a little on the scrawny side)

Melanie- I am done with ALL of it. And my bbs are sore. So ladies, what should I expect as far as discomfort??? :( If I eat at all before I run its at least two hours or I get HORRIBLE stomach cramps!

Priscila- Daniel is ADORABLE! Umm I would LIKE to do cardio on different days but just in a rut right now. But yes, I think if I can do GS on alternating days I should see some firming. I had great results with GS before. I would also like to incorporate pilates again.

Christine- Ok so the recipes can't be too complicated :confused: ....I don't have much time. I usually will cook batches of food on Sundays before the work week or the night before for the next night. Thanks again! I wish I liked step and some of the simple routines I do enjoy so if you aren't doing those DVDs you mention then I wouldn't mind borrowing them. I think some of the workouts I rented from Blockbuster also have step but weight work too. Oh and I have never been to PF Changs...I hear it is great though! We had pizza Friday and it was YUMMY but I felt like crap after. Oh well...It's the simple things.

Well I dropped the dog off this AM. It was really sad but DH and I agree that it IS the right thing but its still hard. :( She's a part of our family. I don't know if they will put her down but I can only assume so. Thanks for all the support. :)

I am feeling so much pressure to "put out" again. Good thing DH doesn't know how often YOUR DH's get "it." I did have a crazy dream last night that we had some hot sex. Maybe that's my body telling me somethin.... :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.