Pretty preggo belly check in 7/12-7/18

Sweetpea1

Cathlete
Hey everyone! Quiet weekend on here!

Well we bought our crib and dresser yesterday! We went with unfinished wood from a wood store here in town and DH is going to stain it. We are super excited! We actually saved $ too because we had a totally different crib set in mind. He picks it up unfinished on Wednesday so I will take pics of it so we have the before/after.

How's everyone else?

BBL to check in!

Oh and I don't know how to post everyone's due date and gender like Mel does!

PennStater/Allison - Sept. 20 (It's a boy!)
Dawncharlie/Dawn - Oct. 2 (It's a girl!)
Susank41/Susan - Oct. 16 (It's a girl!)
wendybdh/Wendy - Oct. 25 (waiting to find out sex!)
Sweetpea1/Jen - Nov. 9 (It's a boy!)
Dragonfly/Cee - Nov. 15 (It's a boy!)
luprisi/Priscilla - Dec. 5
melanalyus/Melanie - Dec 15 (twins!)
23jimbeam - Dec. 15
bunekneck - Dec 26
Krillie/Kristine - Feb 1

I best go ahead & copy/paste before it gets lost!

Yeah Jen to crib & dressor. :D I actually did purchased 3 packages NB diapers,...my first puchases for our twins. Pretty safe, eh?

My pastor predicted that we'll have a boy/girl combo (which would mean fraternal). He brags that he's never bee wrong,....time will tell. :D

I visited a good friend's church this AM, went to her baby's dedication,...and off to her baby's shower. It's about 40 minutes away and I'm beat. Lots of chores to do,....strange schedule this week & folks coming this weekend so I'd like to NOT start this week behind schedule. lol

I was going to try to go on the elliptical today, but it's already 4pm & haven't really gotten anything done. Don't want to push it. Maybe Tue (my next day off).

Wave to all you beautiful mommies!!!!

Hi, ladies! Sorry I've been MIA. We've had a lot of drama and stress with my stepkids, and I've been preoccupied.

Jen, how exciting about the crib! I bought an unfinished entertainment unit (the kind you put beneath a wall mounted TV) for DD's changing table. I love it, because it still works well in her room!

Melanie, my girlfriend has fraternal twins (boy/girl). For you, that would be exciting. That poor little girl -- with 4 brothers, I don't know if any boys would dare try to date her LOL Of course, DH might prefer it that way ;)

I did a 9 mile walk this morning. I'm definitely slowing down. Took me 3 hours!

Today is 30 weeks. DD felt the baby move for the first time. She's 3, and so very excited about being a big sister. "Mommy! He's tickling me!!!" It was sweet :)

Good morning everyone!

Allison- Sorry about the drama. Something you definitely don't need right now. Your DD's comment put a big smile on my face, I can just imagine a little one saying that. How adorable!

Melanie- Thanks for picking up my slack! ;) Diapers are pretty safe, that it what I bought in the beginning too.

Waves to Susan, Christine, Priscilla, Wendy, and everyone else! Sorry if I forgot screen names (pregnancy brain is really kicking in!)

Melanie - Your pastor is too funny. I think it would be great if you got at least one girl. I actually bought cloth diapers the other day. I am thinking that I am willing to try them for the sake of saving money, but if it is too gross, or too much work, then disposables it is.

Jen - so glad you found just what you wanted for your crib! I love to pay less than I was expecting too. The names I have are Titus Andrew; Josiah Lucas; and Ian Joseph. I really like them all and am happy to just wait and see which one "fits" the best.

Christine - I am also very much one for privacy until I am not an unsure emotional wreck, MIL is not one who wants to be in the delivery room (thank heaven!), but it is too important to my in-laws for me to forbid them to come. I am strong enough about setting rules that while I am not looking forward to the effort, I will be able to reign in the worst of her behaviour. At the very least I know I can count on her to handle some housework and not be deliberately ugly about the way I look and feel.

Hello to everyone!

Allison~ I have FOUR brothers, ZERO sisters. Hmmmmmmm. Will history repeat itself? lol

Busy day at work. I"m bushwacked. Have tomorrow off. :D

Hi ladies,

This morning I called the the dr's office to find out about the Quad test results and the nurse said everything came back negative Yeah!! however, she did not give any specific values. I may have to ask the dr next time. Did any of you get any values along with the pos/neg results?

My parents are with me now and I'm enjoying their company. We have a weekend getaway to Sea World in San Antonio in few weeks. I know they'll love it!

Jen, how exciting about the crib and dresser! After we find out the baby's sex I wanna take my mom with me to help me find out few stuff for the baby. I can't wait!

Cee, Congrats on the baby boy!!!! Awesome news

Christine, another vote for no in laws in the delivery room. My MIL was here just 2 months ago and I remember her saying that her other DIL had her baby girl all natural and that she told her to refuse the epidural shot SAY WHAT!!! No way, good think she lives in another
state LOL

Melanie, your pastor is funny! Did you tell him they are identical?? Time will tell. You're about to find out too right?

Susan, I have been taking my vitamins after breakfast and it's been great, no acid reflux or nausea at all. Thanks again!

Allison, how sweet about your DD! I started feeling my baby this week and I'm loving it but it's too early for my parents or DD to feel him/her

Wendy, I'm thinking about you and your father. Praying that everything flows smoothly for you! HUGS

HI Dawn, Kristine and bunekneck!!

Back tomorrow

Melanie, sounds like it could be a real possibility!! Four brothers? How old were you before they let you date? ;)

Priscilla, sounds like you're having fun with your folks! Great news on the quad screen results. I didn't have the test done, so can't answer your question.

Cee, how cool that you and DH found not one but three names you both like. DH and I have nothing so far. I don't want a repeat of last time -- literally in the delivery room debating.

I wouldn't want my ILs in the room for delivery either. I didn't even want my own mother in there! My parents live 40 minutes in one direction; my ILs live 40 minutes in another direction. So we're lucky, I guess -- people can come for the day, or can come stay for a few days since it's not a far drive.

My MIL offered for us to live at HER house for a few weeks after the baby comes, so she could help me. Um, thanks but no thanks. If you really want to help this new mom with a toddler and a baby, offer to come to MY house. DH said to me privately, "You can go if you want, but I'm not." Whew -- I felt no guilt saying no after his clear response LOL

Precillia~ The only time I asked for specific numbers on the Quad test was when they were abnormal (with DS2).....since yours were negative, it's kinda mute,....unless you want to know "how negative" they were? You know what I mean? lol Those tests are very "unstable" anywhos,.....lots of false positives (I don't know stats on false negatives),......I have denied the test last couple times do to reliability issues.

NO IN LAWS IN DELIVERY ROOM. :p Unless they have additional drugs or something. :D:D

Allison, my 2 older brothers are 6 & 7 years older than me and my 2 younger brothers are 14 & 16 years younger than me. Crazy stuff. I didn't have any dating issues.

My back is killing me today. :( I could feel my "20 lbs of centrally located baby" during my intense 11 hours shift yesterday (had to stay late last night). My bottom & back & shoulders are sore. :(

New add-on symptoms: swollen vaginal labia, and chest/shoulder acne.

I am just days away from 18 weeks,.......my half way mark!!!!!!! Yahoo! Yahoo! Yahoo!

I agree- NO IN LAWS in delivery room! Thank goodness DH doesn't want his mother or MY mother. My mother I am still debating on but still not sure yet.

Melanie- That is funny what the pastor said! I hope you have two little girls! How fun would that be! ;) Sorry about the long shift on your feet last night. Make sure you put your feet up and rest! Hooray for the almost halfway mark! You are doing great!

Priscilla- I didn't get the quad test either so I am not sure. Have fun with your parents! I'm jealous about Sea World! I LOVE it there! I can't wait to take our little one everywhere when he gets older.

Allison- I agree, MIL can offer to come to YOUR house but why uproot yourselves to someone else's?

Cee- Love the names you have picked! How fun that you have three to choose from when he is born! We are doing that with the middle names, we aren't choosing until we see our sweet little boy and then we will see which one fits!

Hi Susan, Christine and everyone else!

LOL about who to have in delivery room. DH would gladly step to the side & let my mom go to hospital in his place. Geez. He acts like he has to do all the work, seriously. He'd probably change his mind when I'm actually in labor,.....and my mom is 10+ hours away,....so that's not going to happen anyway. Hmmmmmmmmm. We still don't have a spot to bring our kids when I do go into labor. lol We have time,.....

I'm cleaning the playroom today. Whew, it's alot of work. I"m about 1/2 way done cleaning up all the toys off the floor & putting into their appropriate tubs. I really let it go thru all the pg nausea. Now I need to vacuum & scrub & shine. Another 90 minutes or so. I wonder if I'll have energy to tackle the gameroom?

Sorry about your back/shoulder/butt pain, Melanie. I would imagine a long day on your feet at this point must be pretty painful :(

My hospital allows you to have up to 3 people in the delivery room at any time. I of course had DH and my mom on the list. DH wanted his mom on the list too. So the grandmas were allowed in the room during the day, while we waited for the time of active labor. Once I was ready to push, both moms left.

I pushed for 1 hour 15 minutes. When DD was born, DH gave this exhausted sigh and sat down. "I've been standing for more than hour. I'm exhausted!" I think he was only half joking LOL

I'm thinking of trying MM or ME today. Don't know if I'll make it through the whole thing, but I'll try.

Have any of you tried Low Impact Circuit? I have it -- truthfully, have never done it. Is it a good one for modifying during pregnancy?

I LOVE Low Impact Circuit, it is easy to modify if you need to. It is just the right amount of cardio and is split up nicely... Let me know what you think. I am going to do it today too! Cheers!

Hi everyone,

Went back to the Dr. yesterday and everything still looks good. I 6 lbs this month which is good b/c w/ Brooke I gained 11 in this month. I also asked him about stress and he said that I really don't need to be concerned about stress harming the baby so that was really nice to hear. Only 3 days till we meet with the surgeon about Dad.

Priscilla - Congrats on the Quad Marker results. I didn't get any numbers, just that the test was negative. Good enough for me. I was in San Antonio on a girls trip in September - beautiful! Have fun w/ your parents.

Jen - That's so exciting abou the crib and dresser. It sure makes it feel even more "real" doesn't it? We did the same thing w/ our DD-we had a few names picked out and just had to see her to know what name fit the best.

Allison - a 9 mile walk? Wow! Kudos to you-sounds like you needed the stress reliever, huh? Take care and very cute about your DD.

Cee - Generally, the hospital staff will take care of the dirty work if there's someone you don't want in your room. I'm not one to speak up so I just let the nurses know and they became my "bouncers".

Hi to everyone else!

Wendy- I told DH what you said about the nurses being the bouncers and he likes that idea. A friend of mine did the same thing with her nurse and it worked perfectly to kick people out when they were driving her crazy. Way to go on the 6 lbs!

Melanie- I didn't think about us delivering around the same time. We can text each other and keep up to date! ;)

Hi everyone

Just started working an hour ago, a whole day ahead of me...

Just wondering, I don't know if it is a TX thing or maybe the pregnancy but I'm getting the worse headaches ever. I had it yesterday all day. I finally took some Tylenol sinus and went to bed and woke up just fine but it's aggravating! Feeling bad because I couldn't give my parents or DH the attention they needed.

On a side note, I am measuring my mom's portion and really watching what she eats, in these 4 days she has been able to keep her blood sugar more or less in control. She has learned a lot from a book I bought few months ago (insulin-resistance diet or something like that) I reaaly recommended.

Wendy, I am glad that you had such a great appointment!! Mine is in a week from today to find out the baby's sex. Exciting

Allison, I love LIC too! and yes it's easy to modify. My favorite premix is the cardio only (about 45 mins if my memory doesn't trick me)

Back later!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.