+++++ pp 1/12/09 +++++

chefkate

Cathlete
its a new week! set your goals and meet them!
eat clean! do your workouts! drink your water!
oh, and dont forget your kegels!!!!:eek::D

did the ellip last night. needed something mindless and low impact. so i huffed and puffed in my sisters ear on the phone!:D:p
did 4ds chest/back 2x this morning.

julia is doing so good! great night and today is good thus far. we have a fam pic w/ dhs whole fam later today - THAT should be interesting w/ a 3month old!:rolleyes: which, btw, julia is 3 months TODAY!!!:D but, didnt i have her yesterday????!!!!!:confused:

i'm here just really busy. had my me day today and got a haircut. pomai drank half of her bottle and then waited for me.

did lic total body sculpt last night and planning on gs legs tonight.

bbl

Lisa

Hi! I am now in my 2nd week of work (I'm a first grade teacher), and it's going well. Thank goodness my mom is here to help! The kids are shaping up (I mean my students). Now that I am adjusting to the routine, I am slowly working out more often. Last week...forget it!!! I have that outpatient surgery for the mass in my abdomen scheduled for Thursday. I just pray it's a lipoma (fatty tumor-nothing serious)! It should be a speedy recovery (a day or two). If it's a hernia, then it will be more like a week:confused:. Aidan is doing very well also-chubby and cute!
Kate-What toy will you get next? ;) You are lucky! I check every day for an STS update! I can't wait!
Lisa-GS Legs is a killer!
Have a good one!
-Jen

Howdy girls! Been busy here w/ DH gone. He'll be back next Wed. and I can't wait. Miss him like crazy. Been running daily. I did 5 miles each day the last 3 days. I plan to do something diffrent tomorrow, but I don't know what.

Kate~you are getting all kinds of toys! Fun! Hope the picture went well.. I can't imagine..lol

Jen~glad it's been a semi smooth transition back into school. GL w/ the surgery on Thursday.

Lisa~yay for a me day!

lisa, good job on the wo's! glad you got some time alone! does going to my board mtg last night count as time alone????!!!!:confused:

jen, another chubby baby! julias a sweet little tank!:D
hope the surgery goeswell....kup.
were the kids excited to see you?

trish, sorry about dh....hugs
good job on the running.

-------
picture was awful.. sil and bil need their reproductive organ taken from them! my girls were angels, of course!:D

cardio on tap for today .....AND im down 2#!!!! so im officially below my pre-preg weight! im so excited! still gotta pull in the "pouch" tho!:mad:

Hey girls! GREAT job Kate! I bet you look way good!

I was down 1lb this week too so now I have 11.4 to lose. I hope I can tone and tighten as I lose. I ended up running today. I needed to get outside with the kids so I just loaded them in the jogger. Hopefully tomorrow I can get weights and a run in. We'll see.

Hi everyone. I have been so busy, so sorry for the delayed check in. Mimi just turned 6 months and is totally wonderful. I've been working out 4-5 times a week. Fit in most of my clothes, but after Mimi weans (3-4 months from now) I am going to lose ALL of the baby padding I've been lugging around since 2000. I actually pulled IMAX 1 out the other day.

Here's a video of mimi:

http://vimeo.com/2820190

Last edited:
trish, tighten and tone is the name of the game and IM LOSIN'! despite my weight loss my belly is SCARY!:eek: its like a dough ball that needs to be punched down. i call it my deflated balloon. im SO getting the skin pulled tight when we're sure we're done w/ babies.
good job on your running!

kristan, will check out the vid in a second...
6 months is so much fun! i love when they can really interact. how fun!

2-hour delay today! its freezin', baby!:cool::D

Kristan-how cute!!! Thanks for sharing. I need to get a video of Big Aidan. He's a ham-smiling all the time....except when he's hungry or tired. Someone has asked me about pumping at work. It's going very well. I pump twice at work (and once in the morning before I leave). I nurse in the morning and when I get home (around 4), then evening and night. He sleeps a lot during the day, so he doesn't eat that much. My mom is having such a good time with Andy and Aidan. :)
It's very cold here in PA too!
-Jen
p.s. Surgery is tomorrow...say a prayer for me please!

Oh my gosh she is a doll!!! Thanks for sharing that. I love all the babbling she was doing!

I ran 5 miles today. I am a LOSER.. LOL I guess I am never going to be a non runner.. hehe I just love the high I get after a good run SO one of these days I will do more cathe workouts. I used to do them all winter long in VA because it was SO cold, but here it's hardly cold so I don't have many days when I won't brave the weather to get outside.

So eating was way good today. I have a chicken in the oven now I am making chicken rice soup with. OH it's my favorite. My mil will be here Friday so maybe I can get a few solo runs in!

Kate or anyone doing ab work. What is your favorite ab exercise? I am going to at the least try to fit ab work in after my runs if nothing else. I do push ups now and planks, but is there anything else that works realllllly good? Does cathe have a just abs workout??

Jen, Big Aidan - LOL!
I hope your surgery went well! What kind of recovery is it?
Bravo to you on pumping! You are dedicated! We are exclusively at the breast. I know I would have more freedom if I pumped but I just dont let down well for it.

Trish, My fave ab tape is the abs in Muscle Max. Cathe does have CoreMax but I honestly don't use it that much.
Dont feel bad not doing Cathe tapes! If running is your thing GO FORIT! I wish I liked to run but its just not in me. I like our ellip okay, but its really for Mike. I have found it useful for nights when I just dont feel like impact or getting my head into choreography.
I'm glad you're getting some help this weekend. Do you talk to DH often?

------
WO's have been awesome. Today was cardio and I did CTX KB. I'm doing 4ds/GymStyle rotation again, lifting to toal failure and it feels so good. I'm getting great results from it. DH is so into exercising now too and I love it. He gets results so stinkin fast tho! His traps are ENORMOUS and his biceps are about the size of a child's head! I l LOVE IT!!!!:cool::D

Julia is sleeping so good, bless her heart! 8-4 or 8-5. Nurses and then sleeps again til 8, giving me just enough time to get Gina and Isabel ready for school uninterrupted. Day naps are short but we're working on it. She smiles all the time and I'm totally in love.

Teething question - I don't remember, but when do they start???? She's just 3 months and she's GNAWING on her hands and crying. It's been a while and I don't remember.......:confused:

Hi! I had my surgery yesterday, and the doctor found a rather large hernia:(, so he repaired it. It is right above my belly button, and I am in A LOT of pain:confused:. I didn't get a chance to talk with him after surgery since he went from the surgery center to his office, but I will call today with some ?'s. And, I do have a follow-up appt in a few weeks. He told my DH that he hasn't been surprised much in his lifetime, but he was surprised yesterday with the size of the hernia. He also said that he didn't think the pregnancy caused it, so I wonder what did. I wonder if I was born with this. He is also concerned that it may recur:mad:. I definitely want to know if I can lift weights again...especially since I ordered STS!!! Oh, well, there are worse things in life, right?
Right now, I am going to spend time with my little chubby man.
Have a good one!
-Jen

jen, yikes! rest up!
im sure you'll be able to lift again, but you'll prob need to go light for a while.
is anyoe around tp help you w/ the boys? i hope!

Ouch Jen! Rest up and quick healing vibes to you.

Kristan- Cute!!

Trish - I love doing pilates for abs. It really leans me out and helps the definition. I used to go to a class that uses the stotts reformer and that was the best, but even floor pilates work as well.

Kate - Pomai loves to chew on her hand as well. I think teeth is genetocs. I know my dd was about 4 mos? Pretty early.

I did 2 workouts this week so far. RS and LIC total body sculpt premix. Not sure about today. Maybe original boot camp. It is gloomy here. Pending a storm. Better get back to work.

Lisa

Jen~yikes.. i know nothing about hernia's so I can't be of much help there. ((hugs))

Kate~I'll have to look into getting that WO. I need a few new ones and my abs def. need the work. I am SO jealous of the sleeping beauty you have. Sara still is up 2x usually midnightish and again at 3-4 so I am getting some sleep, but I'd love to get more.

Lisa~I have checked out some pilates tapes from the library before. I did like it.. maybe I should get one. I just hate doing crunches and more crunches. Do you have a piltes WO you recommend?

Well today I did Imax2 and then did some lifting on my own and some planks. I do enjoy that workout. I did better today on the tuck jumps, but dang it I am never going to get the airborn jacks. It hurts to do those and not in a muscle working way.. maybe I am trying to do them wrong??

Hi! I am living through all of you with your wonderful workouts! In a few weeks, I will be right back at them, though (think positive)! I am healing fast. Today, I only took 1 pain pill instead of 2, and I am doing well with Motrin. I am dreading a BM (if you know what I mean) due to my hernia repair, but I am so full of fish oil, colace, benefiber, senekot, fruit, water, juice...SOMETHING HAS to happen:D. If TMI-I'm sorry! My mom and DH have been absolutely wonderful. I had the chance to stay in the hospital on thursday, but I knew I'd get better care/attention at home and I am. Aidan started getting strange (not sleeping, crying a lot), so I stopped nursing (still pumping) until the perkocet is out of my system. The dr. said it wouldn't harm him, but I read that it can cause GI trouble in babies, so that is probably what happened.

I made the BEST discovery the other day with our Verizon Fios TV service...On Demand has "Exercise TV". When you click on it, there are a ton of workouts-good ones!!! FREE! There was no Cathe, but there are ones for kids, Leslie Sansone (they will most likely be my best friend when I start exercising again:eek:), Tae Bo's , Jillian Michaels, etc. So, if you have that service, check it out! I was amazed.

Well, I am off to have some breakfast. Take care!
-Jen

lisa, ivebeen noticing the "teething" ismainly when shes tired.....somaybeshe just wants to suck and is po'd she cant find her thumb???

trish, airjacks are hard any way you slice it!

jen, ^5 to recovery going well!! hopethe tummy troubles arent too troubling! i did ls quite a bit in the 3rd trim. its not toooo bad. i actually did one last week - isabel wanted to wo w/ me and i knew she could follow ls & i could modify up.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.