PostPartum 12/29--- new year, new body!!

chefkate

Cathlete
good morning!

i am completely determined to lose "the flap" this month. eating will be squeaky clean. summer will be here before we know it!

wo today is supersets, lifting as heavy as humanly possible!

trish, nice on the running! i hope my ellip. comes soon!

kristan, lm is a killer! i love it! 5 months seems so far away but i know it will be here soon. too soon! the first months go by too fast!

Kate - I want to lose the "flap" also, lol. Pomai is sleeping for 4 hr stretches at night which is really nice.

I've been working out more. Did ME express premix today and walk/jogged yesterday. I started to spot a tiny bit yesterday and today. So annoying. I wonder if it's excercise related. Anyway, hope AF doesn't visit so soon again. It hasn't been 2 weeks since she left! Gotta love those hormone imbalances. I have to start eating cleaner also now that Xmas is over. No excuses!

Lisa

Hi ladies!
Kate and Lisa--I'm totally with you on losing the flap! Although, I made and ate fudge tonight, so TOMORROW is another day...

I got food poisoning the other night and was sick yesterday. Ugh. But I was better today and wanted to make some fudge to take to my inlaws. We leave tomorrow until Saturday. I didn't get to bake for Christmas because I had strep throat. For some reason, I've been puny lately! I need to get back on my diet and will when we return. I'm stuck at the same weight I've been for a month! I should be at least 10 pounds lighter by now. Still in VERY big clothes. Ugh. Oh well. The new year always inspires me to do better. And DH is letting me do ns for another month. So that's good.

Charlie is doing great! Sleeping 7 to 8 hour stretches. I've NEVER had a baby sleep this well! Third time's a charm, apparently. :) And SO sweet. He's truly a good baby.
I hope everyone is doing well and are enjoying your little sweeties! Have a great New Year's!!!

Hi. I am working Monday and Tuesday and then 5 days off. My goal is to clean one room of the house per day and work out once a day. We'll see how far I get.

My new avatar is our Christmas card.

Howdy girls! I am with you all on the flap!! I weighed yesterday and shouldn't have.. I had a loss for 2 weeks then last week I gained .4 back.. (lets say I had my share of junk) So this week needs to be a loss of some sort.. even .2 would be fine with me. I am making a resolution to get my house organized and in order. It is clean and all, but I can't find things. I put them places and then wonder where they are. I also am in a small SMALL house so there isn't a lot of room to put things. I keep moving it around. So this year I am determined to just get it all organized and throw out a lot of what we don't need/arent' using.

I got a 4.5 mile run today outside. It was so nice out 65 and dh was home so I went kid free. IT felt so wonderful. Sara is doing better and better about being left so I went to church on Sunday as well without her. DH is working midnights so he is all mixed up and he didn't want to go so I took the other 3 kids and went to a church we've been wanting to try. He stayed with Sara and she did great and I loved the church so we are all going back this week. I feel like life it getting back to semi normal!

Nice Wo's everybody!!!

Lisa, I hope AF isn't returning! I would feel so cheated! I found that exercise brought on bleeding - hope thats the case for you.

Kristan, Enjoy your time off! Not sure if its called time off though when surrounded by the chillun'!:confused::p

Stephanie, Sorry about the tummy bug! Glad Charlie is sleeping so well for you. No complaints on Julia either! If a 3rd baby is this easy I'm def. having a fourth!!:D How does the NS taste? My wieght was stuck too, but thankfully its gone done a few. You'll get there too - you're a busy lady! Enjoying C'mas break or are you ready for it to be done?

Trish, It DOES feel good to get back on track, doesn't it? I love every bit of "normalcy" I can get!

----------
My ellip was delivered y'day - it is so nice! I downloaed a Cardio Coach last night too so tomorrow I'll do that.
Y'day I did 4ds KB and today will be SJP.
Eating is mostly clean and I am so motivated to keep it up. We have a fam pic in a couple weeks with a ton of DH's fam so I need to keep leaning out!:eek:

better go tend to the Indians!

Oh have fun w/ the elliptical today Kate! Let us know how it goes! I know you look great already and will have no worries for the family pic!

I got outside again today and did 4.5 without stopping to walk so that felt great. Going to go play the Wii with the kids. Maybe I'll burn a few more cals.. lol

Hope everyone has a safe new years eve and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

trish, wii looks like so much fun but im afraid it would either get overused or collect dust!

did sjp last night - i forgot how fun that one is!
cardio coach today! wish me luck!

Kate~what is SJP? Our Wii gets used a lot, but we do regulate it. I don't think it would ever collect dust because DH and I play it as well. The kids love it though. For DH and I we play bowling or tennis and compete against each other. I usually win at bowling and he kicks butt at tennis. LOL

Not sure what I am doing today. If DH wakes up in time I might run outside. I usually run on New Years Day. HE is working midnights though and is sleeping now. We'll see. If not I might have to go to the gym and run.

step jump & pump

lol on the wii! mike and i play battleship and checkers. i *hate* to lose!:p i was famous for it growing up. still havent lost my competitive nature.:eek: mikes only beat me at checkers 1x. he beat me the first time we played and hasnt since! see? i hate to lose!:eek:

hope you get your run in!

tha would be so hard to have dh on midnighs. how long does thst go for?

Thank goodness it's just for the Christmas break. his Platoon was given block leave which means anyone that wants to leave for Christmsa break can take the time off and so most everyone did.. only a few didn't. We weren't going anywhere so DH didn't take leave (military equilivant of vacation time) So whoever was left they filled in on the schedule. DH is the patrol supervisor while everyone is gone and so he's loving it. In the military being a police officer doesn't mean you just patrol in a car all the time.. they do diffrent stuff and so DH rarely gets to do patrol work. HE mostly is in the office doing paperwork since he's a SSgt. SO he's loving it right now. HE has 3 more midnights then he will be off for 2 days and then work his normal hours till he leaves for his class on the 10th. It does stink with the kids on break.. it's impossible to keep them all quiet. Poor DH.

Anyway, I did Imax2 today. That so FUN!! I didn't do the airborn jacks, or the tuck jumps.. well I attempted them, but I didn't look nearly as great as Cathe doing them. LOL Now if DH gets up I will try to sneak a 30 min run.. if not I'll shower and call it a day. I might have to do rhymic step tomorrow. I also have the pyramids so maybe upper body. I have to go dig them all out from our move and see what I have.. awful I forget.

Kate is SJP fun?

Oh and that was the first time I did Imax2 since I got it while I was preg. and never did try it. My kids got a great laugh.. saying I wasn't doing it like Cathe was.

Just did 4.5 miles at the gym and I am really thinking about PUB for later during nap time.. we'll see how it goes. My legs are SORE from the Imax2 yesterday. All that jumping must have worked some new muscles because my calves and hams are tight.. the running felt good though and a good stretch.

Where is everyone??

trish, sjp is SO FUN!!! step blast comes with it - so fun too. there are tons of premixes. imax 2 is one of my all-time favorites - glad you liked it. lol at your kids comments! isabel says to me "why is your face redder than cathe's?" and "you can blow harder than cathe cant you?" stinker!
pub is great too!

i did cc v1 last night.
original bc tonight.
ccv2 tomorrow.

julia has not napped longer than 20min at a time all day. im gonna lose it soon!!!!!! she nurses, falls asleep, i lay her in her bed, 10-20 min later she wakes up and we start all over again!:mad: i cannot get anything done!
last night she had her best sllep ever! 8p-6a!
cant figure out whats going wrong today:confused:

on a :D note - i lost 2.5 pounds! all the pg weight is gone - sculpting and chiseling now.

Happy New Year! I'm here but quite busy. Planning my sister's babyshower and trying to keep up with wo. Did the high/lo portion of MIC. I used to love high/lo aerobics. It was fun going back to the "old days". Plan on GS CT today.

Kate - Pomai is doing the same thing with naps as well. Congrats on the weight loss. I'm 15lbs away still.:(

Trish - Wow, IMAX2? I'm not quite there yet.

Lisa

lisa, you are a very nice sister! i dont want to even think about throwing a shower! i did the hilo in sjp - that is so much fun! makes me feel like a kid bouncing around!:p im glad julia isnt the only stinker today!:confused:

Lisa~ ahh baby showers are so fun!! Don't worry I am still a good way from my pre pregnancy weight as well. No idea why, but I am. I might just not weight in excpet once a month so I don't get discouraged. We will get there!! As for doing Imax2 I did modify some like I said.. didn't do the airborn jacks or tuck jumps.. just jumped regular and did the plio jacks (sp?) instead. I will admit I am SORE today.

Kate~I hate days like that w/ non sleeping. We have been having good nap days here.. I am wondering if it's a growth spurt.. still up 1 and sometimes 2x a night, but she will nap at least 1 2-3 hour stretch and some days it's 2 2-3 hour stretches.. she loves her swing! I haven't done napping in the bed yet. Since I can get her to sleep a long while in the swing I have been sticking with that for now. I am probably spoiling her lol
GREAT job on the weight loss!!

Well didn't do PUB.. just got a shower and it was nice here so my neighbor and I took our kids to the park.. SO there is always tomorrow.

Trish - I didn't do GS CT either..hoping today. I probably shouldn't obsess on the scale either but I'm neurotic like that :p
Kate - I can't jump around so great yet. Still got some minor bladder issues from giving birth (sorry, TMI) and my cardio is actually pretty decent, but not near my best. I don't think I could last IMAX3 that's for sure. BTW, I saw your post on OD re: 20/20.....Julia will have a story to tell about her birth! I wish I was more free spirited like you...I was FREAKED about having my baby at home since I'm a speedy laborer so I opted for the induction which sometimes I regret.

So at least my eating is getting cleaner. Planning on working out later this afternoon. My belly is flattening so that's encouraging. Still heavy though...the butt is still meaty. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Lisa

Last edited:
trish, i have a love/hate relationship w/ plyo work. go sarah, go on the sleeping! julia had a 2+ hour nap today! it was woooonderful!

lisa, rofl about meaty butt! im sure!
for bladder issues...midwife told me to do 5 kegels every time baby latches on and when you change diapers.
....and you are too sweet on the free-spirited comment! it does take quite a bit to frazzle me tho.:) dont regret your births tho - the goal is a healthy baby and you've done an excellent job of that!:D

----
last night i did original bc - mercy, i hate that wo!:eek:
tonight is cardio mish-mosh!:D
4ds lis then the his combos all put together.
step from sjp and sb challenge
i cant wait!:D

Hey add me to the meaty butt group!! I can tell it's not what it was because it feels diffrent when I run. We'll get there!!

Kate~how do you do all those cardio's at once? Are they on the same DVD and it mixes them up?

I put in my pyramid DVD and it didn't want to load.. I have no idea what it wrong with it. I put in spiderman and it loaded.. then put in pyramid and it said loading, but never did play. I tried several times and nothing. SO I need to have DH look at it. grrr so I opted to do some on my own today. about 20 mins.. bicep curls, tricep dips, some shoulder and back work and some push ups. I ran 4.5 miles Tomorrow I might attempt Imax2 again. I am still sore from it though. I like that feeling!!

Kate are you ready for school to start up again?? I am beyond ready. These kiddos are been fighting like cats and dogs. It'll do them good to get back to school and me to get back on a routine at home w/ the little 2.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.