Post pregnancy ABS - my experience

AusMish

Cathlete
I have been an avid Cathe exerciser for years. In April last year I had my second baby. I exercised every day of my pregnancy and every day since. I returned to peak fitness very quickly, but my torso/posture just wasn't the same. My ribs/abs were bulgy looking and I tried everything ABS (Cathe, Amy, pilates etc) and nothing was working. I finally tried the DVD Bounce Back Fast by Befit Mom (8 months post partum) and after three weeks the results are amazing.

I just thought I'd post this just in case anyone else experiences problems getting back into shape post partum. The DVD is well worth a try.

I'm almost 6 months pp and in the same situation. I have gotten ab strngth back, but remain puffy/bulgy in ribcage and lower abs. Is this workout similar to pilates? I'm just trying to figure out if i should order it. Thanks for posting!!!

The workout uses yoga/pilates principles. However, I tried Winsor Pilates in an attempt to fix my problems and it didn't work as well for me. I found the main difference with Bounce Back Fast was the greater focus on the transverse abdominus in isolation (it has a lot of basic TVa exercises like bridging/bracing, toe taps etc) combined with a focus on posture & realignment which helped me a lot. I can only speak for my experience. It is hard to say that it would work for others with different exercise backgrounds.

A thought to is that you were 8m postpartum with your 2nd child.
I really think most women really do take a little while to bounce back.

It takes our body 9+m to get there sometimes it just takes a little longer.

So glad to hear you are feeling like your old self though and a big high five on keeping fit through your pregnancy:D

I'm having ab problems too - I was pretty close to a six pack before getting pregnant with my second child, and now my abs are puffy and nonexistent. I haven't been able to budge them. However, I just discovered Cathe and had big intentions of getting into shape again! (I'm 8 months PP)

Last night I was checking out the Befit Mom website, and they have a video that tells you how to check for diastasis recti - HOLY COW do I ever have separation! No wonder my abs are so awful! I ordered the video and I'm going to use it in conjunction with Cathe. I'll keep you all updated on how it goes!

PS - I'm new here, nice to meet you all!

and another good one...

It's nice to hear a review of this DVD because I debated buying it but decided against it when I couldn't find any clips on youtube or reviews on amazon and they didn't have it on netflix. I will have to get it now! I went with Erin O'Brien's Postnatal Rescue instead, which was a good choice in case anyone is interested. You have to overlook a bit of "I know what's best for you" attitude but I am finding the exercises and three progressions to be right on for me after losing a serioius battle with my body during this pregnancy. I got it on netflix first to check it out.

Wendy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.