Nursing bra suggestion

Tammyspq

Cathlete
Anyone using a particular kind of regular nursing bra or sports nursing bra that you would recommend? I need to buy a couple in anticipation of and would like to know what you experienced moms think - especially since they can be so expensive. However, I do plan to try to buy some at Motherhood Maternity Outlet.

Thanks for you input in advanced!!

jeni

Nobody ever listens to me, since I don't like to buy anything I don't need, but I nursed for 2 years, and never used a "nursing bra". I just flopped the needed accessories out the top of regular ones I already had. But I went from A cup to B, so I just kept wearing my normal clothes. For people carrying enormous milk-tanks, this would likely not work.

As the responses suggest, it is all a function of breast size. I wore a 34D before pregnancy and went to a 38DD while pregnant and nursing! I work in the Pentagon where there is a nursing mother's room and observed other mothers and what they did. It seems if you are small breasted, you can wear a regular bra. The front closure ones seemed good. Or just "slip them over the top." At my size, I'm just way too big for either front closures or "slipping them over the top." So I pretty much wore a nursing bra the first year.

Warning: you will shrink in body size over the year so don't get too many bras now. I started in a 38DD after pregnancy but went down to 36DD during the year. The 38DDs were too big after about three months. I pretty much had two bras at all times and would wear one and wash the other (call me cheap!)

I bought my bras at "One Hanes Place." The selection wasn't great, but the bra I picked had good support for someone my size.

But...As I have found out from talking to other moms: there is no such thing as the perfect nursing bra!

Thanks for all the feedback! Mogambo - I'll listen to you if I can. I'm all for not spending extra money on things but I'm not sure if I'm going to be too top heavy!

So can I assume that everyone is wearing regular sports bras to workout in?

I am pregnant, nursing, and a J cup. I only use the Enell~NOTHING compares to it, and my breast barely MOVE! I love some of the other suggestions, but finding something in my size is next to impossible sometimes. I LOVE Title 9's selection, but I was told they couldn't (or wouldn't) order anything bigger a while back. Hope you find something that works for you!(((((HUGS))))) sandi

I just wear two jog bras for extra support... a cotton Champion underneath and a coolmax/Adidas on top. It's just as easy to flip one up over your boob than to deal with the hooks. I bought two Motherhood nursing jogbras after #1 was born, and they totally self destructed... one hook fell off, the stitching unraveled... in about 2 mos. I was wearing/washing them often, but I felt that the quality just wasn't there... and, of course, Motherhood doesn't take any undergarments back.

just my opinion...
susan

BTW...

... I'm a 36D normally and was a 38 F when I gave birth to number one and my milk came in... was back down to a 36 win a month or two and to a DD in about 6 mos...
susan

yep...

... I'm pretty busty, but once my milk production settled down, I often wore a Victoria's Secret jersey type stretch bra (underwire) and just flopped 'em over the top to nurse... much more discreet for public nursing because you aren't having to mess with hooks, etc... but, of course, since I'm busty, that didn't work for workouts.

susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.