new week, mamas! may 18--->

chefkate

Cathlete
good morning!

jen, will we see you again this week? pop in & sayhello!

stephanie, forgive & foregt - good for you!

START FRESH THIS WEEK! RIGHT NOW!
dont sabptage your efforts! fuel your body w/ healthy food!

better get busy....bbl!

mornin mamas!

it 53 and cloudy/misty here... believe it or not my FAVE weather to go walking in! which is a good thing because my shoulder still hurts, def no yoga for me today. but i will walk extra miles instead although i never feel like that counts.

i visited a good friend yesterday who has put on 15 lbs since she stopped nursing in feb -- NOT what i wanted to hear/see =( i was so sure i was holding onto this pudge to feed my baby...

bbl

wendy

wendy, enjoy your walk, but sorry about yoga!
no fretting about post-nursing weight gain! its all abt our diet! shes eating too much, plain & simple!

breakfast was clean aas a whislte, rest of day willbe too!!!!

morning ladies.
I'm wondering what you guys eat for bfast/lunch that is clean? I need some new ideas. I usually just eat cereal or a boiled egg and oatmeal. I hear some say cereal isn't really good.. but atleast its light. today I splurged on a ham/cheese croussant and coffee.

Good Morning!:)

Kate-you are always so good with your eating!

Wendy-exactly what Kate said, your friend is overeating! I always lose an extra 5 pounds after weaning!

Yes Jen come say hi whenever you can:)

Maggie where are you?????????:(:(:(:(:(

Hello to everyone! I am getting the boys ready for school. It is our last monday:D

We had a busy but fun w/e!! It was really hot (104 yesterday) so we spent yesterday in the pool. I also managed to squeeze in imax2. That w/o is so fun I haven't done it since b/f Ryder! I was so happy to finish the whole thing:D

better go make breakfast! BBL

Candra

jj just woke up from a 2 hr nap (theyve been getting shorter these days) and were headed out for a walk in a few.

jess - i always eat 1 of 2 things... 1/2 c cereal with 1% milk, abt 15 almonds, and some cut up fruit OR 1/2 c plain yogurt with cut up fruit, abt 1/4 c grape nuts and a rounded tbp crushed pecans (i love the crunch in my yogurt!). my measures are approx except for the almonds i count, otherwise i just eyeball it. it helps that im not super hungry in the morning so not temptedto overeat at breakfast.... for fruit i always get whatevers in season and therefore tasty and cheap! yay for farmers markets starting next week in my area =)

candra, we stay in school so much longer here... ods doesnt get out until 3rd week of june. religious school did end this week though, thats one less thing.

kate, i suppose you are right (candra too). and i guess there is no polite way for me to tell my friend shes eating too much! dont know her eating habits exactly but she has certainly never been an exerciser and was always naturally on the slim side even without any particular diet regime. not sedentary, an active person, but not exercise. she and other friends of mine think i am obsessed! in the end i know what i need to do to lose this weight. the challenges are need my body to cooperate with me (stop these darned aches and pains!!) and i need to be patient with my body because its still working hard to feed my little guy.

wendy

Jess, The biggest thing w/ cereal is to watch the sugar. You want to aim for less than 5g/serving. I eat A LOT of salads. Chili. Soups. Sandwiches w/ no mayo or mustard. I eat pretty boring by DH's standards but I like it. Eggs are great hard-boiled and I like scrambled too w/ fresh peppers and a slice of 9-grain toast. I eat this often for lunch too.

Candra, If I were always good w/ eating I wouldnt have this pooch!:D Had some cake yesterday....Bit today is totally on target and it feels great! Fam vaca is in 2 months...DH is getting so ripped...I NEED to sculpt this belly!
WTG w/ Imax2!! Great job!!
The pool sounds wonderful!!

Wendy, You are def not obsessed - you are healthy adn it s a lifestyle!! Let them scoff - you can bench press them!:p
3 more weeks of school here. When do you start in the fall? Day after Labor Day here...

Oh, Jess....I measure too or I would eat the ENTIRE box of cereal in one sitting. I count out my crackers too....Triscuit thin crisps - love em!!!

Hi mommies! Quickly passing through!! Glad the weekend is over! Working now and taking a little break. Need to clean up on the eats this week. bbl.

Lisa

lisa, thats funny...sometimes im almost glad to see monday cpme too! i like routines and there is none on the wkend! i need to learn to not be so controlling:eek:

j's teeth are on the move. shes been gnawing on everything all day. nursing to sleep right now...hoping for a good night!

sts on after she sleeps. ive ate great today & i am pumped for an awesome heavy wo!

Hello Mammas!
hope everyone is doing well.
ran 5k last night!!! I was so happy. I finished it in 36:38. I know that is slow, but I was happy that I ran the whole way.
but... this morning, I was bleeding again. I think that I may have done more damage than good.:( well i guess that it is back to walking!

Sydney, I think your 5k time is very admirable! Haven't timed myself yet for 5k but I'd wager its slower than that! Sorry about the bleeding....good for you for listening to your body...easy does it!

-----
STS Wk3 Squat Rack Legs done! Met or exceeded my weight on my WO card! I used to max myself out at 40 lbs to squat because I figured I didn't like going heavier. I just sqautted 90 freaking pounds! Small weights for some, but Im pretty excited. Funny thing is, I think I actually couldve gone a bit heavier...but I didn't want to push it. Having some cereal for snack and headed to bed after some chores.

No plans for Tuesday - poor Isabel is gonna be mighty bored with me!:confused:

we ended up taking a walk in our little downtown & fed the ducks too. came home for j's nap. bounced on the trampoline & played outside. gotta finish nursing then get some late lunch for us.

eats are on-track and will go for a run tonight ....or maybe its actually a jog - but it works me good regardless! i am pathetically slow!:p:p must do abs today!! love the feeling of working them...why is it so hard to fit in that 10-20 mins???

Kate - I was thinking the same thing about abs! I used to love doing abs and was so faithful with it and now it's like oh yeah I will, then never do it. WTG with the squats! I'll be "jogging" with you this afternoon here in Hawaii. That's my wo for today. Then I will do some pilates to get the ab work in.

Syndey - Take it easy!

Steph - Yay on your epiphany!

Okay, gotta get some work done. Working from home. I need a mental vacation. I've been feeling irritable toward the older kids. I think I'm just at the max with being around neediness. My boss for sure used up a bunch of my neediness tolerance yesterday. Maybe I need to do some yoga. Did UB premix of MM yesterday and feel encouraged that my strength is returning.

Lisa

Sydney-sorry about the bleeding:( Good job on the 5k!! You just had a baby your time is great:)

Kate-good for you on the weights!! 90 pounds seems like a lot to me!! I love routine also! When Mike is home it all goes out the window:confused:

Lisa- it sounds like you need some time to yourself. I know how you feel about being around needy people all the time.

Owen had his kindergarten physical this am:( I am glad that is over with.

I did PLB, up until the floor work, then Ryder woke up so I will have to finish later.

Candra

lisa, mm is so fun! yay for muscles eturning! i think i hate abbs now bec i know theyre so much weaker than what they were. well, i guess the only way to strengthen them is to do them...been 2x/wk lately, but need to go 3x i think.
ikwym re irritabe @ big kids. sometimes...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

candra, is owen excited for kgarten? the initial separaton will be hard for isabel but then she'll settle innicely
plb is ROUGH! I never manage to finish interrupted wo's....

-
isabel did core w/ me:D she said "this is hard!":p

helllp! j's so out of sorts.... shes actually happy still just not as happy as she usually is. i think teeth are on the move. rosy cheeks and EVERYTHING is in her mouth!

ate utside for dinner last night....will again onight.dds eat so good out there!

Kate- I did get to finish my wo!!:D I am so bad about squeezing in ab work:rolleyes: Owen is excited to go to kindergarten but I think it is mostly b/c he will be at the same school as Wilson. Sounds like Julia is getting teeth:) Can you feel any yet?

I just finished searching the house for library books that are due today. I am off to drop them off and get Wilson from school!

Candra

c, wtg on finishing the wo!
g&is are excited to be at the same school too....
no teeth yet...can see the little buds tho...soon i hope - poor things miserable!:(
find all the books?:D

ran 5k+ tonight outside...and surprisingly loved it
was headed out to get groceries...and julia woke up absoluely screaming!
she's nursing now, then i'll head out.

will come home to wrap presents for isabels bday tmrw...shes so excited

later..

well my shoulder is bumming me out seriously. this feels like more than a "tweak" like what i get in my knee sometimes. i cant do anything upper body related, not even arm movements with my cardio, especially since i have to use that arm all day long with my little guy, that is quite enough on it right now. im popping the ibu's like candy, oh boy... also so tired that possibly could be coming down with something so im going to bed EARLY (a big deal for this night owl!). i would really like to wake up feeling better tomorrow in more ways than one!! have a hair appt manana and its the first time in over a year. first PT appt on thurs for my hand and i plan to ask them about my shoulder.

oh, slim in 6 came yesterday and guess what, i hate it! boooooring. back it goes.

kate, hope those teeth pop out quick so her pain will end, i hate to see them like that =( jj just got one on the bottom finally but he sure was fussy.

candra - lol at searching the house for lib books! thats me like almost every week! i take tons of cookbooks among other things and my big boy gets all kinds of stuff but somehow manages to return things better than me =/

sydney, be good to yourself, youre only like 8 wks pp right? maybe its too early to run 5k if you started bleeding again... i dont know really but maybe thats what your body is saying.

lisa, needy ppl are such a downer. its bad enough when its our own husbands and such but when its a boss or a good friend, total PITA. dont let it getcha down!

nighty night ladies,
wendy

Wendy, I am so sorry about your pains! That really stinks! I hope a good night's sleep cures many ails!:)
Yuck on the bad WO's too! So disappointing! I am so excited for Cathe;s new cardio!
I ahven;t had my hair trimmed or brows waxed in 8 months...I feel yer pain, sista!:p

lo & behold! Mike went to the grocery store....but forgot everything but milk! And he got 2%....EW!!!!! I NEED my fat free!!!:p Will have eggs tomorrow so I don't have to pour cow lard on my cereal!:p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.