Motivate me!!

PennStater

Cathlete
I have been so nauseous for the past week or so that I have not been working out. It's been too stinking hot to go outside for walks, so I've become a slug.

How did you get past this mental block? Did you just lace up your shoes and push yourself (within reason, of course :) )?

I am terrified of gaining too much weight so I know I must workout regularly. But the nausea coupled with the sudden need to take a nap or two (which I never, ever do) is really throwing me for a loop.

And man, is it ever easy to get out of the habit of working out, another thing that scares me!

So tell me how you stay motivated when you feel like throwing up LOL!

I'm not sure how many weeks you are, but this too will pass! If it's hot and you need a nap, then, for heaven's sake, take a nap with no guilt. You're growing a little person, and that takes some energy! The best advice I ever got was to listen to my body. If your nausea and sleepiness are any indicator, it sounds like the message is to take it easy. It won't be a permanent thing, honest.

Try to eat as healthy as possible - easier said than done when the nausea is in control, but do your best. You can gain more weight with poor eating habits than with a short break from working out. It's difficult when there are only certain things you can eat without getting sick, so it's another 'play it by ear' area, but, again, it won't last forever! :)

Drink lots of water, or whatever fluid makes you least nauseated (for me it was decaf black tea) - that helps with fatigue, too. If you can't walk outside, get to the mall or better yet, go swimming. Anything you can do is going to make you feel better, mentally as much as physically. Swimming is great because it's no impact, too, so if you can get into it, you will be able to keep it up pretty much throughout the pg months.

Most of all, hang in there. You do the best you can and move on, no pressure, no worries. I guess my motivation is that I look at everything as a temporary phase and try to make the best of it. I know I will work out again on a regular basis, and if there are a few extra pounds to lose, so be it. Having a baby is such a big adventure and it's worth every minute of it. Gaining weight isn't the end of the world, either. That's what Cathe workouts are for, right? ;-)

Keep posting and reading - this board is another great motivation. Even when I've been sidelined, I've enjoyed the energy here.

I can't answer about the throwing up part as I was not naseous during my pregnancy BUT I was tired as all get out! I would come home from work and eat dinner, nap, then work out and then nap again! :7 I had to push really hard to make myself do it until the exhaustion went away. You can do it if you put your mind to it!!!:)

Ofcourse, feeling like I want to vomit may have held me back so don't even listen to me! :p lol:7

Actually I tried to push the the nausea & tiredness. Studies have shown that you'll have more energy & less nausea if you exercise during pregnancy.

With that said, I took many, many, many naps & tried my best to workout at least 3 days/week.

Workout check-in's are an awesome place to motivate. Join us!!

Congrats!!!!!

**Melanie**
baby to be 11/28/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

http://lilypie.com/days/051128/2/4/1/-6/.png[/img][/url]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.