Marvelous Moms Aug 10 - 16

chefkate

Cathlete
Hello Mamas! Hope everyone had a good weekend! We did! Lots of fun! Back at it today with laundry, groceries, etc.

the last couple nights Julia makes it til 5am before she wakes up to nurse then back to sleep for a couple hours. Lets hope the trend continues!
She's getting much more daring in her cruising/letting go too! My baby is getting too big!!!!

These babies are all growing up.. I wish I could make it stop!

Kate~great news on her sleeping so well! : ) LAundry is on my agenda today too. ick

I did MIS yesterday AND Imax2, but I modified some of the Imax2.. didn't as much of the jumping because my legs were SORE from MIS. I was going to walk w/ the kids, but the storm clouds rolled in and I needed to get some cardio in too so Ijust did what I could with Imax2. Today I am takign the kids to hourly care because I have my yearly appt. FUN FUN. Then if I am not reallly long at the dr. I can get a run in without the kids before I have to pick them up. We'll see. I also need to do some studying. I did the pre-test for my Intro to Criminal Justice class and I got 38 of 90.. that is awful! It doesn't count, but that tells me I know nothing.. lol

When does everyone's kiddos go back to school? Hunter starts Friday and Madison starts Monday. We have orientation tonight for both schools. It'll be a busy day here.

hello ladies!! thanks for the comfort comments with Liam. Hes actually doing better again (crossing fingers It sticks!) last night we did get to bed late -like 10:30 I got him in his bed. but then he slept till 4am!!! that was probably a record for him. he woke up and I spent an hour trying to get him asleep and in his bed. I laid him down 3x and each time he woke up passing gas and then started fussing. ?? so I gave up and let him sleep with me. he conked right out then and only woke once at 7 to eat and we got to sleep till 9! wow that was alotta sleep compared to normal. I guess he slept late cause we were up late. Oh and the other day I tried a suppository and he seemed to feel better after he pooped and also seemed to get more air out after that. maybe he's getting the air trapped in there? he only goes pp like every 5 days. but I hear that is in the normal range for breastfed babies. its never thick or anything. always soft/yellow. i dunno. anyway sorry if that is tmi but I'm sure you all deal with baby poo too ;)

kate-glad your getting lots of sleep! if Liam gets rid of this gas issue we may be doing good soon too. hope so.

trish -not much laundry here. we are living with like 5 outfits each now and trying to wear them a few times each before washing. my mom did my last load too ha. I gotta get on schoolwork now.

Trish, We go back the Tuesday after Labor Day.
Let us know what the Dr says abt your abs!
AWESOME WO's!!! Woohoo for you!!!
Sorry abt the pre-test! I'd be :eek: at myself too!

Jess, Cute suit! Seems like we always leave something begind too!
As far as the poop - ALL of my girls would go an extneded period w/o pooping. You're right - Totally normal for bf babes. They're using all the bmilk - no waste!

-
Must continue choremax! Had some fun outside w/ DDs too. Julia love the trampoline! Too cute!

Kate -yeah I wasn't worried about him pooping. my mom said it might help though and I was getting kinda desperate. he was acting so unhappy. and it worked so...?

I was soooooo close to being a lazy bum tonight.....:eek::eek::eek::eek: but I pulled out a good WO in spite of myself! I did KCM StepBoxing - I liked it. I did the cardio and abs then added on some of StepHeat.

Tuesday is SJP - I think I'll break it up thru the day. IIRC, that's a long one! I don't want to have to do it all at night!

Hi, pretty preggos! Just to let you guys know, I'm having a girl! Yes, another girl, I have 2 girls already. My due date move to Dec 23rd. I'm still doing good with my exercise, this morning I run 2 miles on the treadmill then MM lower body only. Tomorrow I'm planning to do LIC ( UB circuit ).

Hi mamas!!
Hope everyone is doing well! I've been such a bum when it comes to posting. I've been trying to do a lot with the boys before school starts (Thursday). Still doing CLX. I'm in the last phase and LOVING it. DOMS like crazy, which is so nice. Don't know what I'll do next. Maybe focus a little more on cardio (which I'm no fan of). Eats were really going well, but I cheated a bit this weekend so I'm trying to clean it up again -- feeling sluggish! Charlie is crawling, pulling up, no walking yet, but he can push a push toy or the kitchen chairs across the room. And he's very very curious!! And totally cute. Just wish he'd sleep in his own bed!!!!

Kate--Way to go on your workout! I'm still too chicken to do step workouts! (since the ankle trauma/drama). I hear ya on stinky poop. Charlie is the KING of stinky poop. Yuck! Yes, they are growing too fast. DH loves that he's growing so quickly and moving from one phase to the next; I am yelling SLOW DOWN!!!

Trish--Are you in school? If so, you must be crazy busy!! My boys both start school Thursday. We had Henry's preschool orientation tonight and Oliver's meet-and-greet (Popcicles on the Patio) is tomorrow night. I'm on the PTO so I've got clean-up duty. Fun fun! How did the doctor's appointment go? The best part about having your yearly post-baby is the impressive results on the scales!

Jess--The suit is cute! Sorry about the gas issues. I know that you can massage baby's belly to make him pass gas, and often it triggers a poop. I had to do that for Charlie a lot at first, when he had gas issues. I forgot the method though. You may want to ask your ped about it.

Howdy girls! yes it's 3am and I am still awake! AHH I did get some good studying in. The pre-test I guess was supposed to be bad.. that is w/out any studying nad it's just to see where I started at on CJ.. since I know nothing except don't speed or you'll get a ticket. LOL

I had my yearly and all was great.. bp was great.. resting pulse was 52.. WOOT Weight was great.. she did refer me to a general sugreon for my abs as well as for a cyst I have on my scalp. I figured it was something they could remove in the office there, but she said they don't. SO I am waiting on the referal to go in and they will call me.. so probably next week I'll have an appt. w/ the surgeon. She said it sounded like I had a hernia and I def. have a seperation w/ the abs. Fun. Not sure that I will have it surgically fixed, but if it is a hernia in there they will want to fix that and to remove the cyst. (which I will have to be put to sleep for) Heck I was wide awake for the removeal of 4 babies.. I told her I didn't mind being awake for the cyst removeal or the herina repair. She laughed and said I don't think so. HA well I tried. Anyway, I managed a 3 mile run and then got a shower and studied. I so wanted a run, but was feeling guilty about studying so I did a quickie run and a little studying.

Kate~choremax sounds like zero fun. The trampoline however, sounds like a blast.. do you jump w/ them? I'd be flipping and all that fun stuff!

Jess~cute suit! I hope the little guy feels better w/ less gas soon.

Stephanie~sounds like you are doign well.. you don't like cardio?? ahh I love it. Have you tried all diffrent types? Maybe you haven't found your thing yet? Yep, I started school today. All online through Troy university. I am taking 2 classes (it's considered full time because they are 9 week courses) now then mid Oct. I will take 2 diffrent ones till Dec. So 4 classes this fall and then 4 this spring. Hunter starts school Friday and Madison starts Monday. Oh and I was down 12lbs from my post baby check. Not really impressive, but I have toned a lot so I am smaller than 12lbs sounds. LOL

Okay so let me try to get to bed now. I might get 4-5 hours.. maybe the kids will sleep til 8.. maybe : )

Steph -I do massage his belly sometimes. sometimes it helps sometimes it doesn't. sometimes makes him upset. I guess the gas was hurting him. I've seen drs about it and they all say that hes fine. hes been poked and prodded all over. it'll just take time to go away I guess. Although when he nurses sometimes it sounds like hes gulping air. I don't know how to fix it. the lactation consultant wasn't much help when I called asking about it. sigh.

trish- hope those procedures go well for you!

Kate -hes doing ok. more of a regular night last night. a bit of gas but not too bad.

Hi mamas!
Jess--Glad last night wasn't too bad. Hang in there...

Trish--Are you doing courses from Troy University in Alabama? If so, I lived in Alabama for many years and had friends who went there. Good school! Glad your appointment went well! I hope that your appointment with the surgeon goes well! As for cardio, I don't hate it, but it's not my favorite. I love love love lifting. I enjoy running sometimes and I've gotten into Turbo jam and kickboxing again... I just run out of steam sometimes. This is why I need to do a cardio intensive rotation to build my stamina back up.

Kate--Hope you're having a good day!

Hi to everyone else... about to take the boys to get their hair cut and then we're going to a cupcake bakery in town (c'mon willpower!!!), and then to the store to buy lunchbox stuff for back to school and ingredients for the dessert I'm making for my mom and sister's bday celebration this weekend. I'm making homemade chocolate cupcakes with ganache glaze.... (c'mon willpower!!!).

hi mamas, sorry havent posted but ive been reading, not feeling very well. its been super hot and humid her, JJ is getting a 4th tooth on the top and getting up CONSTANTLY and i think i am just super tired and the heat isnt helping. hes already been up once tonight and its only 9! no wo today =( i am feeling like such a bum, seriously i got in bed an hour ago. just laying here...

steph, you can resist! go girl! i just sent you a pm re: clx...

jess, i hope the gas phase is over soon for liam, its such a bummer when they are uncomfortable.

trish - get some sleep!! lol. 3am ould catch upto me mighty quick. pre-pg i was always a night owl, 1am or later, laundry, dishes and everything at that time! now... no way. i am ko'd so early!

kate, got stepboxing on netflix once and really liked it! im hoping to trade for it (an other things) over at vf... and i heart the step in sjp, hope you got to fit it all in. chunky julia on a trampoline sounds adorable =)

tomorrow will be a better day, i know it will, it has to be. i WILL get a good workout in... will choose a favorite, fun one, maybe step blast...

I just have a few minutes....

Did SJP tonight. I love that one! The cardio is so fun!
Spent the day at the beach today - sunny, hot, wonderful. Julia took a looooong nap on the beach. I am TAN!!! Finally!

Stephnaie, Glad you're loving your CLX still!
Howd the cupckae bakery go??? I made cc cookies today and only had ONE! I am PROUD of myself!

Trish, WTG on hetting the WO in!
Don't thik I'd wnat to be awake for a hernia op!!!!

Hi Jess!

Wendy, Hang in there! Sorry things are do rough right now! Julia's 2 top teeth came in uneventfully, thank goodnes! After the miserable time she had w/ the lowers she deceided to be good to us!

Whew!!! Resistance was futile, but I didn't overindulge. Oliver got a HUGE chocolate massive cupcake with a TON of icing on it. I had a very itty bitty bite of his and an itty bitty bite of Henry's Boston Cream cupcake... I mean TINY. They LOVED it! Although I didn't think it through properly. We did cupcakes before grocery shopping, and they were WILD and all sugared up literally raced down the aisles. Oh well. We met Oliver's teacher tonight and she seems great. Thursday's the big day!!!

Kate--Hooray for the tan!! I am too, thanks to Dove's suntan in a bottle! :p mmmmmm cc cookies!!! I have to bake brownies tomorrow for lunchboxes... ugh... And cupcakes for Saturday. Hopefully I can resist... Mom is ordering pizza Saturday night and they will make fun of me if I don't partake... So I'm going to try to urge them to get the Pizza Hut "Naturals" pizza with a wheat crust and I'll just have one piece. Mine is a family where dieting at a celebration is prohibited, sadly. :confused: Anyway... tangent! I love SJP! I don't have it, but I used to do it when it was on FitTV, and parts of it are on the Timesaver! Glad you had fun!

Wendy--I'm getting ready to read your PM and respond. I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Exhaustion can zap you mentally, emotionally and physically. My Henry NEVER slept when he was a baby, and it totally messed me up. Hoping you get a restful night sleep soon! ((hugs))

Oh no way Kate.. I don't want to be awake for a hernia repair, but for the cyst it's just right under the skin. I mean all they do is cut remove and stitch up. Not much different than getting stitches right? I just don't want to be put to sleep. We canprobaby put off the hernia repair till Steve is home (I hope) it isn't painful at all,but we'll see what they say.

Steph~I do the same thing! I just grab a bite of the kids goodies and then I don't eat a bunch of my own. Just a bite of theirs and I am good. The cupcakes sound yummy though and your desert. yum! Good luck to your little guy on Thursday! Hunter starts Friday! Then Maddie starts Monday. I am doing classes at Troy online. They have an ecampus so I can get a BA degree all online! I just finished all my homework for this week that was due Friday and now I have to study for tests in both classes that I have to take by Sat. night.

Kate~the beach sounds so peaceful! I hope to get to the pool a few days soon. They are open 4:30-8 here on post once school starts and Hunter gets his cast off next Wed. and I promised we'd go a few times! The beach sounds much better though. I think I have done SJP on FitTV back in VA. We don't have that channel here, but I loved previewing the workouts that way.

Wendy~you can get a good workout in tomorrow. I hope the little guy sleeps good for you. Poor thing. : (

Has anyone done power hour? In my cleaning/organizing I found this VHS I have had and I can't rememmber it. I will try it on Thursday maybe. I did MIS today and then we got a walk/run in this evening. I do need a change up from MIS.

Hi ladies! Quick post. I'm getting ready to go to sleep. I've been eating way too much refined carbs and paying. I am sooo bloated. I did get my wo's in this week though. Went for a run on Sunday, BM2 ub and abs yesterday, and RS tonight. Pomai's third tooth popped out on top. It's not her front two, but the one on the side. I thought that was weird. One of her top front is coming out also though. Anyway, I'll be back with personals tomorrow when my brain isn't half asleep!

Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.