mamas check in here! 2/23---->

chefkate

Cathlete
maggie, your after pics are going to be amazing!

wendy, a lot of chiros will do discounted fees. ours does a lot of that. we pay $70/month for all of us to go unlimited. regular monthly bill for non-insurance is $90, but i used to work for them!:D

good night last night.
i did ctx kb this a.m. im switching to a.m. wo's. its too hard to do it in the day w/ the kids and im getting really cranky not doing them til 8pm. i hope this works out!

Good Morning everyone!! sorry i didn't get a chance to post last week. The boys b-ball schedule is keeping me really busy. They also started jr rodeo this weekend.

Kate- i love working out in the am. when i wait until evening i stress all day about when i am going to fit it in.

ryder just fell asleep:) bbl after i w/o!

candra

Hello ladies.

Today I did 4DS HIS cardio only followed by all the rest of my 1RMs. I think I may take Zoey for a walk later....maybe. I didn't end up doing any 1RMs this weekend. I meant to yesterday but ended up falling asleep with Z and we slept for 3.5 hours! Felt great.

Kate, I too love working out in the AM. If I wait until the PM, I can't enjoy anything I do all day because I am always thinking about hoping I'll be able to workout.

Maggie, I have to take a before pic this coming weekend...stretch marks, linea nigra and all. By the way, when does the linea nigra go away? I guess no matter how much I w/o this spring I won't be able to be in a bikini because of that stupid line!

Wendy, hope your wrists feel better!

Candra, hope you had a great w/o.

Today has been a serious day of errands. Z and I went and did some banking, some shopping, and now I need to figure out which restaurant to book my after-graduation dinner. It isn't here in my city but in Tallahassee, where FSU's main campus is. There aren't many cool restaurants there. We might do Japanese hibachi...they told me they can seat up to 20 people at one hibachi table. That would be fun. That is where we went the day I found out I got into med school, so it would be full circle to do it on graduation day too.

Becky

candra, im so glad my dds dont want to do extra-curr activities!
did u get to wo?

becky, what a nice idea for your dinner! i bet your parents are so proud of you!
what a great nap you had!!!

Kate- you are lucky!!! Did you ever decide what stroller you are getting? I think I am going w/ the peg perego pliko

Becky- I forgot how long it takes the line to go away. I got it w/ my other pg's but not this one. Japanese sounds like a lot of fun! When is your graduation? I love naps w/ babies:)

I did get my w/o in:) I am in the push phase of clx. Ryder woke up during the cool down. He hasn't been napping very good :( I think it is b/c his bottom teeth are coming in. I can feel that one has poked through.

Candra

well, no workout for me today. my uncle's sister passed away and the funeral was today. she was not technically my relative but they have little family so she spent a lot of time with us and was a lovely woman. funeral in the morning and then i offered to go to the house to set things up while others went to the cemetery. a good way to keep the baby out of the cold, i thought...

anyway, tough day, no workout for me. and im actually still sore from yesterday. for the first time in a long time, DOMS rather than wrist pain!

did you bumbleride fans decide against it? i know the reviews of the flyer are not great but the indie seems to have a ton positive feedback. my husband asked me a few days ago to send him info on the stroller i wanted so maybe it will be coming in the mail soon!! i hope. i told him we should get the 08 before they are all gone, cheaper and comes with everything included unlike the 09.

becky, i never got that line. but i always thought it was cute on my friends who did =) if you can get your abs ready for a bikini then who cares about the line - rock it!

kate, i will ask aroud for some recommendations. maybe i can find someone who does a sliding scale or something.

happy workouts

wendy

Candra, No, I cant figure out which stroller to get and I dont think I ever will!:p Not that it matters since its ZERO here!:eek: I don't think we'll ever be outside again anyway!:p
Sorry for the stinky naps. We battle that too. But nighttime is so great, we're just weathering thru the naps hoping they extend.
Are you loving CLX? I'm tempted but STS will keep me busy

Becky, I never got that line:confused:

Wendy, Sorry for the death.
YAY for DOMS!

---------
I just finished STS7. A morning WO AGAIN!!! Im shocked at myself!:p

I have a dentist appt today. I want to take Julia to show her off but it would be SO much easier to go solo. Not sure.....

Hi I'm here but busy with catch up since I spent the weekend helping my sister who just gave birth.

I did lose another pound though!

Wendy - I want the indie...the jogging one. Sorry about the passing.
Kate - I will get back to pming you soon.
Hi Candra, Becky, Maggie, Steph!

Promise to bbl.

Lisa

lisa, how is sis holding up!?
^5 on the pound!!
youre an amazing sis!!! not sure i could be so helpful w/ a 4-mo under foot! and youre working too!
all hail queen mum lisa!:D

Hi ladies!

Yesterday was 4DS double cardio (LIS/HIS) and today was STS disk 4, which I loved. DS 14 laughed when he saw my before pics in my workout notebook. He said I don't look that bad in real life:p, so, that's nice. I'll have to make sure the after pics look really good--for extra contrast.

Gwen is the first of my children to really pine for real food and eat it readily this young. Don't get me wrong, she still loves the "teat", as it's called around here, but needs something more substantial to satisfy, I guess.

Kate--good deal on the chiro. I hope the morning workouts "work out":p for you. I do mine right after lunch. We are all ready for an extended break. Someday when I'm not nursing a baby, I might try to do it really early in the morning, but now the potential for interruption is too great....

Candra--Gwen just got her first tooth also. I keep hearing about clx--I'll have to investigate, but to be honest, STS is going to keep me happily busy for a while:).

Becky--mmmmm Japanese hibachi.....congrats on all the hard work. What an accomplishment--what is your area of specialty? I never got the line during pregnancy. I don't know why since I had almost every other symptom in the book plus some really wierd ones (extreme addiction to altoids and hot feet being two of the stranger ones...:eek:)

Wendy--sorry about your uncle's sister. I'm glad you found a way to help and keep your little one out of the cold.

Lisa--congrats on the pound! Isn't that a great feeling? always puts a spring in my step when I hit a "new low". Oh and congrats to your sister too!

take care all
Maggie:)

maggie, that cardio is fun!!!
i wouldnt know whether to smack or hug my son if he said that about me!:p glad you took it in stride!
lol at the teat! our word is wub/woob! aka, worlds ugliest boobs!:eek::p
im trying to hold out on solids til 6 months. we'll see.... shes 4 mos now and also apperas interested in what i eat. it goes too fast doesnt it?:(
as far as a.m. wo's.....j's pretty regular as far as her wakings...as long as im wo'ing from 5-6a.m. i think i'll be okay. i hope! i hate interrupted wo's!

Hi ladies. Today I did MIC. I HATE that workout...I find the moves boring but extremely painful! I did it though, because it was on my rotation and I hate changing a w/o just because I think it will be too hard. I got through it and hopefully won't do it again for a while. I am happy I proved to myself I could do it though.

I did get a 3 mile walk in yesterday afternoon in addition to my w/o. Today I tried to, but Z wasn't happy and we only did 1/2 a mile.

Kate, do you get enough sleep if you w/o that early?

Candra, graduation is in 80 days (who's counting? :D) May 16th.

Maggie, I'm going to be an internist. Weird cravings...never heard of craving altoids!

Wendy, yay on no wrist pain! Sorry about your loss.

Lisa, congrats on the new addition!

Becky

becky, i have mic but ive never done it. i truly detest original bootcamp!
great walk! sorrythe other one got shorted. im anxious for our weather to get nice to take j outside. 30 and gray here today. i want 60 and sunny!:D
thanks for the response for mike. he calls me every couple hours - "did anyone respond yet?!" he worked bis last night so we'll see what it looks like tonight. i *heart* his big arms!:cool:
im trying to get to bed earlier....it was 1030 last night.:confused: yes, thats an improvement!

----------------
will do cardio this a.m. while j naps. pre-k a.m. for isabel.

i ended up having my mom watch the girls while i went to the dentist. i really wanted to take them but it was js nap time and wouldnt have been fair to her. i got to show off pics tho and tell about her exciting birth!

everybody doing good? trish - hangin' in there? candra, lisa????

Maggie-don't you love kids honesty:p I am curious what your results will be with sts. Keep us posted.

Kate-how was the dentist? Nice that your mom could watch the girls and give Julia her nap. Did you get your cardio in this am?

Becky- you are doing great with the workouts. How old is Zoey now? May is right around the corner, I am counting the days too until summer break:D

Lisa- What did your sister have?

I lost 3# last week:D I am so happy, my weight has been at a stand still for a couple of months. I still have 10 more to go.

I gave Ryder a few bites of rice cereal and he loved it! After he ate it I nursed him and he took a 1 1/2 hr nap. It was great I got to w/o plus abs and a shower:) That never happens

Candra

I did HIS tonight and sadly, I didn't have that much fun w/ it:confused::(. Not sure why. I always loved that one. Did the finished combos of LIS too. Added on 15 min on CoreBlast. Might do some stretching. Have to do my nighttime chores and i'll see if time permits.

Candra, No cavities! ;)I always worry!
And I am very ready for Break too! They get the 1st wk of April off - I cant wait!!!!
^^^^^5 on the 3#! Doesnt that make you feel great!?!
I'm holding off on cereal yet. Shes so hungry all the time tho...maybe I should start sooner than i'd planned. I was going to wait til 6 months. They grow up too fast!

I made asian chicken lettuce wraps for dinner. Very clean and yummy.
Here's the recipe:
BTW, I left out all of the oil and I don't think the dish suffered a bit. I used 1/2 the amount of ginger and it was still strong

Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Serves 4
For best results, use ground chicken made from a mix of light and dark meat.
1head iceberg lettuce
3tablespoons hoisin sauce
2tablespoons soy sauce
2tablespoons water
5cloves garlic , minced
2teaspoons grated fresh ginger
2teaspoons peanut oil or vegetable oil, plus 2 additional tablespoons
1pound ground chicken
Table salt and ground black pepper
1red bell pepper , diced
1(8-ounce) can water chestnuts , drained and chopped fine
5scallions , chopped

1. Remove 8 large, bowl-shaped leaves from head of lettuce; reserve remaining lettuce for another use. Whisk hoisin sauce, soy sauce, and water together in measuring cup. Combine garlic, ginger, and 2 teaspoons oil in small bowl.

2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Cook chicken, stirring to break up clumps, until just cooked through, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to bowl.

3. Add remaining tablespoon oil to skillet and heat until just smoking. Add bell pepper, water chestnuts, and scallions and cook until peppers soften, about 3 minutes. Clear center of skillet, add garlic mixture, and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add chicken and sauce and stir until thickened, about 30 seconds. Spoon mixture into lettuce leaves and serve.

Today I did Julian Michaels No More Trouble Zones. Its 50 minutes, but it is a goody. I just up the weights.

Kate, great w/o...sorry you didn't enjoy the HIS. That recipe looks delicious. Tonight was leftovers here.

Candra, great job on the 3#! That's awesome. I hate plataeus!

Becky

Kate-I am going to try that recipe. It sounds yummy:p
I was going to try and wait for 6months b/f cereal but I wanted to see if he liked it and since he did I will probably keep giving it to him in the am.

Becky-is the Jilian Michael's a circuit w/o? I like to watch her on Biggest Loser but have never tried any of her w/o's.

We went out for mexican food tonight. It was great. I really hate making dinner. I think it is b/c Mike is soooo picky. He only wants steak or tacos. He doesn't eat any veggies, pasta, casseroles, he barely will eat chicken. Cooking for him is a nightmare:(

candra

great wo becky!

candra, mike ate his as wraps...i cut up a bunch of romaine to make a big salad. i have to have salads:eek:. they all ate rice w/ it too but i get in trouble if i eat white rice.:eek:
i was thinking of starting her 1st meal at dinnertime. bfast is so busy getting big girls ready for school. plus we're all together at dinner (mikes never home for bfast in the week) and i was thinking the extra food at night might stick a little better and she'd omt the night feeding:confused:. why did you go w/ the beginning if the day for the feeding?

are you nursers HUNGRY ALL THE TIME!? its been horrible lately!:eek: im eating healthy things but i feel like im always thinking about food!:mad:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.