MAMAS are the best! may11-may17

chefkate

Cathlete
morning! new week, new goal!!! whats yours???

part 1 of mine is nomore choc-covered pretzels! oooooops!

kicked butt last night on sts chest/back!
today - cardio...not sure what. im feelin spuny, maybe imax 2

2 nights in a row j slept thru the night 730p - 6am. feels sooo good! my poor boobs are hurtin somethin fierce....but, boy do they look great!:p:D

hope everyone had a good mom day yday!
have a great day today!

workouts today....
sts weight/plates abs
30 min powerwalk carrying julia....its beautiful outside!
30 min of imax 2 '

feeling grreat & slim!

food is totally clean. waiting for j to finish nursing so i can eat lunch!

LAST WEEK OF PREK FOR ISABEL!!! i am so done w./ driving!!! yessssss!!!!

Way to go Kate! Awesome job on the eats and workout! Yay on last week of prek! I have another month before school is out for my kids.

I am DETERMINED to eat clean this week. I also want to get more strength work in also. Been cardio addict.

Going to spin class tomorrow at the gym. Can't wait!

Lisa

Hey Girls!:)

I had a crazy week last week! Mike called me on Tues to tell me his sister(who is 30, with 2 small kids) had a brain tumor! She had gone in for a cat scan b/c of migranes:confused: So it was really scary, she had surgery on Thurs and they were able to remove all of it. It was benign (sp?) so she is expected to make a full recovery. You really never expect something like this to happen. After surgery the doctors told my mil that they thought it was a different kind of tumor and they would have only given her six mos to live:eek: Thank God everything turned out the way it did! So after all that drama the older boys both got the stomach flu. They were both sick all w/e:mad: Anyways today is a new day everybody is well:D

Kate-good w/o's and yeah for Julia sleeping through the night:)

Lisa-have fun spinning:p

Wendy-I got your card today! That was so nice! I am glad I was able to help out and you are enjoying your ball:)

I got Jari Love's new w/o, so I did that today. I really like her w/o's:) Tonight we have b-ball!

Candra

lisa, i used to be cardiocrazy...now id rather be lifting!
gina has another mont too
any summer vaca plans? where do you vaca when you already live in the best spot??!!

candra, how scary!!! make everyday count, for sure!! glad its turning out well!
yay new wo!!! never have done a jari....
have fun tonight!

-
lil sleepyhead is nursing away. she ate a ton of potatoes & carrots tonight. she eats like a horse - doesnt stop til you take it away!:p

Kate-Ryder loves to eat too!! I am now feeding him solids 3x a day. Sometimes I wonder if I am over feeding him, but he keeps opening his mouth:confused:

Candra

julia typivally gets 2x/day

is his in addition to reg nursing schedule....or have the solids lesseed the nursings?
for us iy totlly varies...sometimes she nurses less/delay nursing...other times - oinkoink!:p

Hello ladies. Hope you don't mind me jumping in here. I know Sydney, Jen and Laura from the pregnancy forum but don't see them much here. I know were all busy with our little ones. but I hope to get to know everyone else here too. ;)

I haven't done good at all today on eating. sigh :( I was out today and got fast food and it was icky and I regreted eating it. blech. I'll feel guilty till I do better. Had to get some insurance stuff done for Liam today.
Nursing is going ok.. but with my first two boys they were pretty active eaters. I usually get like overloaded with milk in the beginning to where I'm about spraying them in the face once let down happens. that never happened this time. They don't ever feel full/hard either even if hes slept for a few hours. (although my bbs are big as usual when nursing) but It seems I have milk.. and hes peeing/pooping alot. Everytime I change him which is often hes soaked and usually he poops only one big one a day but today he did 3 big jobs. very liquidy yellow etc. sorry if tmi. so does it sound like hes getting enough? He is just a slow eater and tends to fall asleep nursing and I have to rub him some to get him to eat what I think is enough. Thats a new experience for me my first two ate alot. He also did gain enough weight at his 2 week appt.
Oh and he does this weird vibrating thing with his leg/foot sometimes. Just shakes for a few seconds. what is up with that? does it sound normal? I forgot to ask at the drs. its not often but it is kinda strange. I remember feeling that when he was in my belly too wondering what it was. I told the drs when pregnant but they didn't know what that would be. now I know. ?

Hi ladies. I know I've been MIA lately. This whole move has been crazy. Now we have to drive back to Florida Wednesday for graduation festivities and then my med school graduation is Saturday. We'll be back home Sunday. Crazy!

Oh, and Zoey rolled over for the first time today! She's been trying to for a while now, but did it today at exactly 4 months old. She rolled over after she woke up from a nap and I found her on her belly screaming. That girl hates being on her belly! Then she did it again on her playmat. I have yet to see her actually do it. I just find her on her belly.

Yesterday I went over to my mom's house and helped her paint a few walls. I counted that as my workout. Today I did a crazy mish-mosh. I started out with Cardio Fusion, doing the warm-up, the Body Max 6 minute combo, and the Body Max leg drills. I then did Amy Bento's Hi Lo Kickbox challenge premix 4 (so totaled about 80 minutes including abs and stretch). I was sweating something fierce!

Kate, haha about the boobies. I know what you mean. I do miss mine. I am down to an A cup now. It is pretty pitiful.

Welcome Calvillo. I have no clue about the shaking. Pediatrics isn't my thing...adult medicine is what I know best. Sorry.

Lisa, you can do it. Go eating clean!!!

Candra, glad that tumor was benign. I'm also glad all your kids are feeling better. Hope this week is better!

Well, must go check on the laundry.

Becky

Hi mamas!
Busy week, busy/tiring/frustrating day, so a quick post. Did S&H legs/shoulders tonight. Ate not very clean, but just a bite or two of this and that today. No time for a full meal. :confused: My kids are finishing up school/preschool/soccer, and we had soccer game tonight, field day tomorrow, school art show tomorrow night, soccer game Wednesday night, dog groomin Thursday, major dental appointment for Oliver Thursday, school picnic Friday, soccer practice Friday night and soccer game/picture/DH's bday on Saturday. I'm going to TRY TRY TRY to not miss workouts either. I don't know how I squoze one in tonight!! :confused:

Too tired to do personals.... I'll be back hopefully tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great week!!! Summer is just around the bend!!! :cool:

got up at 5 and did some laundry and about 40 min of strikezone. i really have mixed feelings on this one. i do jacks in between striks, so that helps. i think the cueing needs to be better, esp when josef i leading. cathe spoils us!

going to the kitchen design place today for the possible addition. im trying to not get too excited.... prepping myself tp talk myself out of it.

options
1 - add larger kitchen/dining
2 - #1 w/ adding upstairs 2 bedr & 2 baths
3 - nixing the whole hing
we are very comfortable w/ our mortgage payment & it scares me to go higher. im sure we can but i dont know if i want to.... ask me that when im making dinner tonight. our kitchen isnt small....i just like to really spread out. id have TWO ISLANDS!!! this kitchen is awesome....i hope i can talk myself into it!

-
jess, if hes pooping/peeing your boobs ae doing their job! w/ all 3 of my dds they would get to a point whre they only pooped abt 1x/wk...then it would be a massive blowout!:eek: dr said it was fine - w/ breastmilk theres little waste.
leg twitch - maybe just his nervous system working out, but def get it looked at if it continues!

becky, youre a little busy!!
congrats on your grad!!!! how exciting!
and yay z!!!! i love when they get mobile! its so hard to not "help" them roll over & watch them struggle!! j would do iyt in bed and waited abt a month to show us too!

stephanie, yday was my busy-no-official-meal day.
busy week ahead for you! go cut up lots of fresh veggies so you have them ready for munching!
what is oliver getting done??? hope hes ok!
sneak in 10 min of walking wherever you can - it has a cumulative effect and adds up quick. pushups, tricep dips, crunches, jumping jacks, run up and down the stairs! you can do it!!! work that body! it will give you energy for all those mom things we have to do!!! :D:D:D love ya!:D

Candra - I'm so glad your sil is okay, and she will be fine. How scary! Sorry about the stomach flu. Hope this week is better for you.

Jess - Sounds like your lo is getting enough milk. I know as long as they have enough pee/poops and gaining weight, they are fine. I know what you mean about comparing though. My ds was a pig and ate like crazy, but not so much my two dds. Not sure about the leg thing, but it sounds familiar. I think early on my baby would do like a jerk kind of thing. I would just ask your ped if you are worried though.

Becky - Congrats on your graduation and have a safe trip back to Florida! Way to go on the wo, and yay Z for rolling over!

Kate - I was getting into lifting right before I got pg, then now I've been a cardio addict since I was trying so hard just to lose the weight. My first love is cardio although once I get into lifting, I love it! Esp. the results. Have fun kitchen shopping!

Steph - Sounds like we both have a crazy week. I got tired just reading what you have to do!

I'm going to go to spinning class this morning. I'm taking a me day today since I know my week is going to be super full and busy. DD has her ballet recital on Sunday so I'll be spending time at rehearsal and shopping for her things. The kids also have a school program on Friday that I have to go, and shop for still. At least swimming is done and now the rest of the week to go. Pomai has two bottom teeth showing now. My baby is growing up, I feel happy and sad at the same time.

Lisa

lisa, 2 teeth for pomai!!! we're still gummin' it! julias 7 months today:(:(:(:(. i hold her/carry her A LOT, like somehow that will delay her growth.
lifting speeds your metab and changes your shape...lift those weights!
you are so busy....i dont know how you do it! what time do you get to bed? 1030 is about as early as i can make it! maybe if dh were more helpful w/ evening-type chores.....maybe if pigs fly.....:p

met w/ kitchen lady....still not sure if i should get excited. she said its the biggest kitchen shes ever done....gulp. maybe we'll need to rethink this!

enjoying isabel so much today! baking, laughing, time on the trampoline. cant wait for gina to be out of school & have fun summer days all together!:)

Hi all..... drive by post....

I'm trying to get ajusted to waking up early and rushing out the door again. By the time I get home, I am ready to take a nap!! so-- not much to report. I should be back at it this time next week. work isn't that bad but I start traveling next week!!! so-- that means I am going to be away from the baby for weeks at a time!!

i'm thinking about going on a fad diet in order to lose some weight fast. I know that it isn't good but already my boss was talking about me "meeting standards". He wasn't mean about it, but I don't like the pressure to lose. I officially have 4 more months to get back at it.

Kate-go for the kitchen:D As much as you cook you'll love it! I carry Ryder everywhere too. I am so sad thinking he could be my last baby:(

Lisa-Enjoy your me day:) Ryder got his two bottom teeth at 4mos and nothing since. Have you been bitten yet?:confused:

Jess-I love all the pics of Liam!! I wish I lived close to you! As long as he is peeing and pooping he is probably getting enough to eat.

Becky-have fun graduating:D You must be so excited!

Stephanie-The end of the school year is always so busy. Hang in there. We have long lazy days ahead of us:cool:

Sydney-I am so sorry you have to leave Anna for that long:( Will she be with your dh while you are away??

I took Ryder to get his pics done today. It was the first time he got nervous of a stranger. He really was clinging to me. I have to say I loved it;) Once he got comfortable he did great!

B-ball is over! I have to say it is a little sad, but Wilson is already signed up for fall ball so I should just enjoy the break.

Time to go pick up Wilson from school

Candra

i only have a sec.....

but SYDNEY WHAT THE HECK!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
you JUST HAD A BABY 2 MONTHS AGO!!!!

give that butthead my # and i'll make him cry for his mommy!!!! i'll kick him in his gonads 100 ways he's never thought of!

what a piece of.....well, being a christian woman i just cant say it!

sydney, what kind of job do you have? sounds wicked stressful!
no fad diets! just be consistent w/ your wo's and keep your portions in check! you CAN do it & you WILL!

candra, lets have another baby!:D well, not together, but together!:p im soooo funny!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::p:p:p im thinking of getting preg jan/feb ...theyd be 2 yrs apart.
we're going over kitchen stuff tonight. i wanted concrete for te islands...but found out its more $ than granite! who knew?!
i love that j is my hip attachment! shes recently started stranger-anxirty too. aw, heck, i might as ell say it,....she wants noone but mama! the other girls are sure the sun rises & sets on their dad....sniff, sniff, its nice to be loved by sSOMEONE!

man, im a nut tonight! must be all the carbs i ate!! plyo legs for me, baby! time to shake my fat off!!! good thing i wo in the basement....if i plo'd up here id prob fall thru the floor!!!!

Kate - I promise to hit those weights!! P is attached to me all the time and I love it! I go to bed after 10 most nights. It is crazy, but it comes in waves. I love that my kids are enjoying their sports and activities so I do it for them. It's hard to say no when they ask to play and I figure it's creating good health habits so why not.

Sydney - Eugh, why did he have to say that if you have four more months? Please don't cave in to the pressure and do a fad diet. You're doing great, don't get discouraged.

Candra - No bites, thank God! I feel the same about looking at Pomai and thinking she is more than likely my last.

I feel great! Spin class was awesome. Very fun and very challenging. I pushed myself to the point of wanting to puke. Thankfully I didn't, but I love it. Now I feel good about hitting the weights. Eats are clean so far today.

Lisa

Hi Kate, I know what you mean!!!:mad: in one breath he says that I know the standards- then he said that he "heard" I was a fitness fanatic before getting pregnant and he didn't want me to do too much too fast! I was so confused.

I am an instructor- so I have to stand in front of a lot of people and I have to present the "best of the best". So looking overweight is out of the question!! (even though I Just had Anna).

Candra--my hubby and I have the same job, so when I am home- he's gone. When I'm gone; he's home. I have been spoiled these last 9 months!! so, he will be here with Anna.

Lisa- I know in my head not to do the fad thing-- it's just so hard!! I'm worried about after the diet-- I may be bigger!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.