Mamas 4-27---May ????

chefkate

Cathlete
Morning!

What are your goals? Set a mini one! It's too much to say "Lose the PG weight!" My goal today is no sugar!
We can do this! We are stronger than our cravings!

-
Julia was up 3x last night! Not sure what was up with THAT! Usually shes just up once!

So cardio today - recovery wk between M2 and M3.
Had a good sweaty time with Coach Sean last night on the elliptical. Loved it!

gotta jet

remember - SET A GOAL!!!

good morning and happy monday!

kate, i will set a goal with you = to keep my eating under 1500 calories/day all week. 1200 would be weight loss mode for me and i figure i need a bit extra for nursing... eating has not been great lately but when i finally entered everything in myfitnesspal i was disgusted! of course that salad from that chain restaurant is as terrible as a burger - i should have ordered the burger instead!!! i know these things but it sometimes doesnt sink in until you see it all in front of you =(

it was high 80s yesterday and high 70s sat! yippee!!! i slathered up the baby we walked all over town, went swinging at the park, had a blast all day! does anyone else find you nurse 2x as much when its hot out? i think i nursed 15x lol. and he was peeing less than usual even with that but this morning seems back to normal.

still cleaning up from my dinner party sat night... took lots of pics of JJ with his baby friends to send to dh just have to upload them!

mil will be over to sit for yoga class tonight =)

must go enjoy another beeeyooootiful day... bbl

wendy

I have set a goal too! I was doing more than excellent last week and then Friday evening hit...I had a cheeseburger and hot dog from DQ AND a small blizzard. WHat the heck was THAT?? Oink! Anyway, I worked out/hiked/cleaned so much over the weekend that I am too sore to hardly walk today. Today is a rest day therefore and will be totally clean eating.
Good luck to everyone...it is not easy to eat clean w/ the smells of neighbors BBQ-ing all around on these 80 degree days.

Clarissa

wendy, how did te company go this wkend?
cal logging online seems so daunting to me! so much of what i eat is homemade....feels like it would take foreer to log it all in!:confused:
its so hard nursing in the summer. so hot & stiky...keep your fluids up!

clarissa, sorry for the food blip....but thats all it was. back on track today!!!:D

-
did 25 min of ts's sss. sooo sweaty - that is such a fun routine! i cant wait for cathes new cardios!
got loads o' veggies chopped this a.m. too. healthy eating all day! :cool::cool::cool:

Kate - My goal is no sugar also. I'm with you on that one. The weekend was horrible eating. The cupcakes need to get burned off!!

Hi Wendy, Clarissa!

I got a good walk in yesterday with my baby in tow in the carrier. I need to hit the weights this week. Need to get ready for work. BBL.

Lisa

Hi girls!

Just got home from camping!! We had a great trip! I need to go unpack the trailer, but wanted to say hi:) bbl

Candra

candra - welcome back, cant wait to hear details! i sent you a pm yesterday... missed yours until then somehow and that would be awesome!

lisa, have you made a decision on stroller?

hi clarissa!

kate - company was great! made bbq turkey meatloaf with mac and chs not the lowfat kind but i didnt eat any at all! filled up on salad and veggie appetizers that others brought. seriously, seeing all my calories on the screen really scared me. it was nooooo prob making healthier choices for myself while i fattened everyone else up lol. it can be a pib to log... but yet another reason for me to eat cleaner and simpler meals =)

Looks like I finally get to join you!

Hello all,

My baby is here! 2 weeks early so I get to finally join your forum!

Monday was my first day back at home (5 great days in the hospital in Germany--fabulous midwives). Our home computer is busted so I can't get on the Cathe forums, post pictues, or send out information very easily (typing now with one hand). Ryan was 2 weeks early and tiny (5 lbs 2.oz, 19.2 in), but he's so cute!! Absolutely perfect. We call him "Kleine Mann" (little man). Mister, Mister" or "Turtle Man" because of what he does with his head--lift way up and then out to the side. :) It's interesting to see on the outside what he did on the inside. Worked a full day on Tuesday, 21 April, then trained 2 clients, water broke at 10pm and was only 1/2 cm dilated. Stayed 2cm for 14 hours (go muscles!!!). Induced with oxytocin and had an epidural and went from 4cm to 10cm in 20 min. 12 min of pushing (8 times) min and he was here! Born @ 5:52pm on 22 April--Earth Day!!! Here's a website where you can see me and one of the classes I took before Ryan's birth:

http://www.afneurope.net/Home/ArticleDisplayDD/tabid/649/Default.aspx?aid=7855

Wish I could give you more info., but Ryan just had a blowout. Gotta go!!!

Wendy, GREAT JOB at your dinner party! I did great yday - sisters birthday and I ate NO CAKE!! We went out to eat beforehand and I ate NO FRIES and didnt nibble a bite of DDs burgers. Stuck to my grilled chicken salad.

I am doing so good on the clean eating! I'm down 3# since my Sunday morning :eek::eek::eek: moment.

I did CTX KB this morning followed by a grueling ab and UB Classical Stertch WO. Julia slept til 4, woke to nurse. I was in there for an hour (mightve fell asleep!). So I got back in here at 5 and decided to get my WO done. I have payroll issues tonight so I WILL be in a good mood that my WO is done! Might even make some time for "cardio" with DH! Man, would he be shocked! LOL!

Hello Laura! Sleep when you can!:D

I'm up trying to get Pomai back to sleep!

Wendy - No stroller yet. Waiting for our tax returns!!
Kate - WTG with the cake and burger!! Work was uneventful.
Hi everyone else! Trying to nurse her back to sleep! It is 2am!!

Lisa

isa, We're waiting for tax return too.... MIke decided he wants to buy an exMark mower.... yikes! That beast is expensive! Disney money will be our yr-end bonus I guess. We usually pay for a lawn service but having a mower will pay for itself in 5-6 years. That sounds awful doesnt it?! exMark's should last a lifetime tho.... FIL has one and so do all of his cronies.

off to bathe my roly poly!

Hi mammas!!!

still trying to keep up posting here...
went to the mall yesterday to look for some new jeans (oh.. why oh why did I do that???) and found the jeans that I truly wanted. Then I tried them on!! :mad: They fit, but way too much hanging over the sides!! So hubby and I are going to have our own "biggest loser" contest between us.
We both picked an item that we really want to get then whomever losses the most weight in 12 weeks get to have the item.
He wants to jack up his truck and I really want a new purse and a pair of jeans....

How is everyone today?

hi laura! awesome job getting that baby into the world... we are just amazing arent we? women, i mean =)

skyy, ikwym... ive got my favorite jeans sitting on top of my dresser (for the last 5 months lol) and they are my inspiration to get this weight off!

kate, lol on the mower... my dh has made no purchases like that this year being away, his minds on other things which is just fine by me =) and i got a stand mixer out of the deal! should be here any day now... he actually agreed to let me have someone come to take care of the yard once this month before he gets back and this is big deal, we always do it ourselves. now if only i could get someone to clean my house once in a while!!!!

lisa - happy stroller shopping! return should be soon right? i actually ran into someone with my indie over the weekend. first time EVER... super nice peeps, a SAHD! maybe indie ppl are just awesome =) last time i asked you were deciding btw indie and baby jogger (also awesome i hear).

hi to all other mamas!

wendy

Skyy, YOur plan is so awesome!!! DH and I are giving eachother a "hard" time right now regarding cheats - if he says he wants ice cream I tell him -"go ahead....if you never want to see that 6-pack!" Funny thingis, you CAN see his! Im a wee bit jealous....I just a have a 2-pack! BUt the obliques are getting more defined...getting there tho!

Hi wendy! You snuck in!
I think we women are pretty amazing too! I think about Julia's birth all the time an how I want to do it again! Not sure if I can convince myself to do it tho....these 3 girls keep me pretty busy as is....

Keep workin' towards those jeans!! you CAN do it! For me, I've got the WO's down....its just controlling the eats. Ive had a great couple days so I think I'm finally going to get there!

Hi mamas! Just have time for a quick post. Charlie is sitting in my lap grunting and pooping and boy does it smell ripe. Lovely :confused:. Anyway... Hope everyone is having a good week! I hiked 2.5 miles with the family on Saturday while pushing the jog stroller with Charlie (close to 20 lbs) in it and Oliver (70lbs) and Henry (32 lbs) taking turns riding on the front of the stroller. Most of the trail was off road. Yay me!! Eating clean, but seeing few results on the scales. :mad: Went on a field trip with Oliver yesterday and took another very small hike. Need to do S&H tonight. Gotta go change little man. I'm suffocating... Hope to be back later with personals!!!

lol, stephanie, on c's diaper!!! pass some this way! j's a little backe up right now! which is wierd bec she eats her fruits so good. oh well - guess shes like her mama!:D:eek::eek: except.....the other a.m. i took her diaper off....FULL....smelled just like fresh blueberries....she eats a lot of them...i was rofl! :D :D:D:D
wtg on the hikes! we're taking one w/ prek tmrw a.m. hope the weather cooperates!

Wendy-I will send you the ball tomorrow:)

Kate-good job w/ the clean eating!

Laura-congrats on the new little boy! Can't wait to see pics:)

Stephanie-sounds like you got a good w/o and enjoyed your kids!

Skyy-I waited until Ryder was 3 mos b/f even attempting jeans, so depressing:( Good luck with your challenge!

Busy day! I am doing piles of laundry and still haven't w/o:( Probably won't happen. Tomorrow I will be back on track:D

Here are some pics from our trip:)

Candra

Attachments

• P4240001.jpg
    P4240001.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 13
  • P4240002.jpg
    P4240002.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 13
  • P4250004.jpg
    P4250004.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 15
  • P4260013.jpg
    P4260013.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 15
hi everyone!

just a quick note. got thru first 2 cycles of LIC before jj woke up from nap... oh well, thats still 45 mins! stretched out with him on the floor which seems to be a regular thing lately. really feeling my tris and hams now 3 hour later... im sure yoga last night adds to this. no longer getting serious doms from class, though. i actually LOVE doms but not in my tris! anything but that!

awesome day, 83, gotta pack up and go to ods track meet. and its a mile each way so yay!

wendy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.