mama mommy mom 3-9 week

chefkate

Cathlete
just made these
http://bakingbites.com/2009/03/banana-peanut-butter-oatmeal-muffins/
SO GOOD!!!!!

It made more than 12.
I used chunky pb
and cooked them for less time. I think 12 minutes....
i used regular oats, not quick
eta - used skim milk
DELICIOUS!!!!!

becky, wtg on packmax! why can a rest day never truly be a rest day!

maggie, i love sunday mornings. gets me refocused for the week ahead.

ginas home sick today.....but im having my doubts as to how sick she is.:mad::mad: she goin' tomorrow! stinker

Last edited:
Thanks for the recipe Kate. Do you think they would be ok w/ regular milk? I don't have buttermilk.

Ryder got his shots on fri and had a fever over the w/e:(

bbl he just fell asleep so i better go w/o

candra

Hi ladies!!! I got the 30-day shred from Jillian Nichaels and it's perfect for me now. It's 3-30minute full intense nonstop workouts. On my busy days I can just do one 30-min wo and actually feel like I got a good wo in.

Kate - Hope Gina feels better if she isn't already!;)

Candra - Pomai got her shots last week and no fever this time, but had one at her 2mos shots. Hope Ryder feels better!

Maggie - How do you wo and homeschool and take care of your home with 7? children?? You are my idol. I can't handle with three and I don't even homeschool!

Becky - I did get the Jillian Michaels like I posted above.

Wendy - Did you get your indie? Reviews??

Hi everyone else!!!

I'm off to do my Jillian Michaels workout then shower and work. Hope everyone has a great week in store!!

Lisa

candra....i just edited,....i did use skim
sorry abt the fever....those scare me to death. im petrified of febrile seizures

lisa, glad youre liking your wo's!

gina is def better....playing outside. oh well....guess we all need a hooky day stimes!

Kate- you had mentioned b/f that Isabel had a febrile seizure, so that was all I could think about at 3am when ryder woke up hot. So of course i panicked and called urgent care:eek: He is doing much better today after a 3hr nap this morning.

Lisa- I bought 30 day shred when I was p/g and then sold it on ebay b/f even trying it. I wish I would have tried it. I just thought I might get sick of Jillian.

I am going to bake those muffins and make the minestrone soup recipe that Stephanie gave us. It is cold here today so I might as well cook:)

candra

Hi ladies.

Today was STS disc 4 and yoga abs. I did 20 min on the mini stepper too.

We got pre-approved for a house today! Hope it all works out. We're going up to Ohio the day after match day and will look for houses that week. We've got one picked out from pics online that we love. It is the first one that DH said is "the house". Hopefully it is as good in person as it is online. It's been on the market since May so chances are it will still be there in 2 weeks, but you never know. Also, the fact that it has been on the market so long concerns me...hopefully its the economy and not something wrong with the house!

On that same note, I'll have to have a rest week between weeks 3 and 4 of meso 1 due to travel. It won't really be a rest week, just no STS. :( I'll get on the elliptical or treadmill at my parent's house that week. Hopefully I won't screw up STS too royally.

Lisa, hope you like your new DVD. I don't have that one. It is on my netflix queue though. Let me know what you think of it.

Candra, so sorry about the fever. Zoey is to get her first shots on Thursday and I am concerned. I don't want her to cry.

Maggie, you are a supermom. I don't know how you find time in your day to do all you do. I have a hard enough time with 1!

Kate, that recipe looks delicious. I don't have bananas right now, but I bookmarked the link.

Have a great night all.

Becky

candra, that seizure took 10 yrs off my life and turned half my hair gray!:eek:
glad ryder is doing better now!
those muffins are so good! hope you guys like em! i found i had to really whisk the wet ingred's well to get them to combine.

hi becky! you snuck in on me!
congrats on the house! hope you getthe one you want!
id hate to get mymeso's messed up too, but as hard as you'er working you'll be fine!:D

becky- congrats on the house!! I'm sure you will be fine taking off a week of sts.

kate-i'm sure it did! how old was isabel at the time?
I've got the muffins in the oven right now

candra

candra, she was a little over 3. all she remembered from it was getting her temp taken in her bottom!:p i slept with her in her bed for a week scared it would happen again...even tho she had no fever anymore. I watched her like a hawk all day and barely let her walk around.

kate, so that happened not too long ago? Isn' she 4? I would have slpt w/ her too.
muffins turned out great! I ate two:eek:
did you see the recipes for the homemade girl scout cookis? samoas are my fav. no way will i be making any b/c i have no self control w/ stuff like that:eek::D

candra

Hi ladies! Just wanted to pop in and say hi! Still limping around on my ankle, which is still swollen, black and blue. :( My eating wasn't very clean tonight. I made the boys pasta alfredo, and I snuck a bite or two. :confused: But I had a salad for dinner. Too bad I ate several pieces of bread my husband brought home from the store bakery. :mad: Tomorrow is a new day, though.

Hoping to do an upper body premix tonight. I am SO ready to be back on my feet jumping/running again!!!

Hope you all had a great day!!

Becky--Congrats on the pre-approval! You should be able to get a great house since it's such a buyer's market now! When we moved to Kentucky a few years ago, we picked our house out online too! We looked at others, but it was "the one." Too bad we had to move six months later...

Candra--I'm glad Ryder is feeling better!!

Kate--Hope Gina is feeling better soon!

Lisa--That DVD sounds great!

Better go. Charlie is fussy tonight. He was TERRIBLY constipated today. I had to help him out a bit. Felt like I helped him give birth to a turd. (TMI?) Poor thing. I feel SO bad for him. He's still a little backed up. I've tried everything. Any suggestions?

Hi ladies--didn't make it down to the computer yesterday, well actually I did, but was looking at sewing patterns with dd12, who is going on 18. She loves fashion, and wants to wear heels and make up (like a few other girls at church), but dad and I have some limits for now. The older she gets, the more latitude she has if she shows she has some sense.

So we were looking at cute patterns and how we could adapt them so she won't look like a hoochy mama but will still look cute. We had fun and I look forward to teaching her how to sew. Raising this age group takes more wisdom than I ever realized, but I am enjoying ds14 and dd12 a lot.

Started learning Amy Bento's ASC 3 yesterday. I have learned combos 1 and 2 and worked up a good sweat despite repeating certain sections over and over....Today I do the dreaded disk 7 for the first time around...over 180 pushups....need I say more?

Kate--we all need a hooky day now and then I think

Candra--sorry about Ryder's fever:(. Gwen-bird had one last week with her cold. She was not happy.

Lisa--it's true By God's grace I work out and home school, everyone eats pretty well and there is plenty of affection to go round, but taking care of the home is a relative term. The house is full of clutter and piles:eek:, we have a half-finished bathroom:eek:, our front side window is patched up with duct tape and plywood:eek:, things fall apart and don't get fixed:eek:, I rarely dust:eek:, the floors are often gucky:eek: and on and on, so the truth of the matter is I really don't do it all, not even close. Oh and I hardly ever leave the house, except for church, bible study, groceries, and walking out to the mail box. Repeat after me: Maggie is not superwoman. (but it's kind of fun that my online friends think so....:cool:)

Becky--I hope it all works out with the house (and note my post above to Lisa;)) I'm frankly in awe of anyone who has made it through medical school--you rock!

Stephanie--I had to help the Gwen give birth to a turd the other day--glad I'm not the only one;). Hang in there with the ankle--mine is bugging me and it feels like I'm developing an overuse injury--this is new and in addition to my knee, lower back, and achillies tendon issues--ugh I'm getting old:mad:.

take care all!
Maggie, who has wasted half the morning on Cathe Nation--I know I should wait until evening to come down and post!

candra, shes almost 5...so almost 2 yrs ago.
the leftover muffins are better when warmed up!:D
i didnt see the cookie recipe - cripes! id better not look!:eek:

stephanie, thatrs awful abt your ft! id be "hoppin" mad! sorry...bad joke!:p
no constipation issues here...but still b'milk only. i think im going to start barley this weekend tho.
fresh bread is so good! i made ciabatta this weekend...mike took leftovers to work!

maggie, lol at gwen-bird! we call julia j-bird!
you wrrent wasting time...it was a mental health break!:D
im scared to have THREE TEENAGE GIRLS! i pray daily for wisdom!:D
wtg on asc3! ive only learned the wu and 1 of asc2!

nice day at home for us. did get a few groceries...nothing too exciting!
i did an hr of classical stretch last night ....tonight cardio coach2.

Kate--I want your ciabatta recipe!!

Turd report: Charlie is much better. Prunes last night did the trick. I'm going to start feeding him twice a day -- rice cereal with prunes mixed in it in the a.m. and a fruit or veggie (or fruit/veggie mix) in the evenings. Also, my nurse said today I can give him dark Karo syrup mixed in four oz of formula if he gets really really backed up like last night. Who knew? Ok, enough turd talk...

Hope everyone is having a good day!! I didn't get my ub workout in last night :mad:. I was too busy doing mommy stuff, but tonight I'm having some ME time. (Ha! Muscle Endurance/Me time... anyway...) I also ordered STS ab circuits and CAN'T WAIT to get it. Looks like I'll be off my foot for quite awhile. Still gimpy. :(

stephanie, glad the "plumbing" is working again!:p
sorry about the wo....grrrr. i love ME time!:D
if you seriously want the recipe can you pm me your address and i'll mail it to you? it has so many steps id be typing for an hour!:eek: also made a corn souffle tonight that was deeeeelish!

julias bedtime nursemax now....cardiocoach vol2 in a bit! then....monster grocery shop!:D maybe sthing is wrong w/ me but i loooove to do it!:confused:

Hello ladies.

Today I did LowMax. Love to hate that workout. All those sculpts get me! I then did some crunches and planks.

I've been getting all teh paperwork for the mortgage together. That's a ton of paperwork!!! This better go through...I think I'm causing a tree to be cut down!

Kate, I love grocery shopping too. I especially love it on Saturdays when DH watches Zoey and I get to go do something by myself. It is really the only alone time I get right now. (Love my daughter, but require at least 30 minutes of alone time a week)

Stephanie, funny about all the turd talk. Hope you enjoyed your ME time.

Maggie, what did you think of ASC3? I love Amy Bento.

Candra, I'm going to pretend I didn't read about girlscout cookies.

Becky

I've been living with a cold the last couple days and it stinks! I finally feel better today, but I hate that feeling. I'm doing some work now. Planning on doing another Jillian w/o. My legs were killing me yesterday, I was surprised.

Becky - Where in Ohio are you guys moving? Believe it or not I've been there twice. My bf from hs lived in Dublin and I visited her twice. Once in the very, very cold winter - below zero weather.

Kate - I lover your recipes. Where do you get them?

Maggie - I have three kids and I still can't keep up with my house. You're still amazing in my eyes for doing all you do. Oooh, you sew? I love to sew.

Steph - Giving birth to a turd, lol!! Glad the prunes helped.

Hi Candra!!

Lisa

Hi ladies! I went to my gyn today for my yearly. I had lost... drum roll... ONE POUND since my 6-week post natal visit. I could have cried on the scales. I told my doc that something must be off. I've been working pretty hard and I should see SOME results by now. So she suspects with my irregular periods, hair loss (yes, I've been shedding BADLY), etc. that I may have thyroid problems. I should know something in the next few days. Any of you have thyroid issues?

At least it's not menopause.

Hope everyone else is doing well. I'm so bummed today. Sorry for the lack of personals. It's feel-sorry-for-steph day. :(

((HUGS)) Sorry for the bad day Steph. My sister has a hyperthyroid and she had to go on meds. She got sickly skinny and her hands would shake. She is better now though and hasn't had to take her meds. She does have to get bloodwork to check her levels though.

Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.