MAMA MIA! =) 3-23----->

Hi Ladies!

Hope everyone's weather is as beautiful as it is here! Wow! 70s again today! Henry is having bad allergies, though, so we'll probably have to spend most of the day inside. Poor guy. I think he's allergic to grass. He started sneezing, coughing, sniffling after soccer this week, and we were outside a lot this weekend, which made it worse. I'm going to have to ask the doc what I can give the little guy.

Eating was OK until last night :eek:. That's when I had the pasta. It was whole wheat, but I have a feeling that doesn't make having seconds OK :eek:. Back to clean eating today, though!! And HOPEFULLY I can get a workout in!!! Went walking yesterday with the family. Today hoping to do kickbox or at least ab circuits.

What's everyone up to today??

Hey Stephanie! Sorry about the allergy thing! We've been so fortunate to avoid that kind of thing. Keeping fingers crossed that it continues....
PastaMax - ugh! My fam refuses ww pasta and I hate what regular does to my digestion:eek: so I generally just avoid it. I do miss it tho!

Got chest done.....will have to finsh sh/tri's later today....
Meso 2 is so nice that you can break it up a little! I just don't have rm in my schedule for a solid hr wo right now. I can't get up that early and I don't have the energy to go that long at night. I'll have to check what M3 brings....

Kate--ww isn't much better. My digestion system is off today. Feeling SO sluggish and TIRED. Part of that is because Charlie was kicking his feet all night long for some reason. Kept waking me up, but he was fast asleep, just raising his feet up and slamming them down on the bassinet. So odd. Anyway, we've got to move him to his nursery, but it's down stairs and we're upstairs, and I dread him being so far from us. :(

Your workout sounds like fun. Is Meso 2 the Muscle endurance portion of STS? That's the part I was thinking about buying eventually. Let me know what kind of results it brings!! (Do you have to have lots of extra equipment for Meso 2? What range of weights to you use?)

Quick hello before I have to take off for the day! Long day ahead. Taking ds to my parents for the day, odd to get haircut then out to lunch with baby, mil, and odd, then need to rush back home to get odd ready for swim lessons. After all of that, back to pick up ds from my parents. I think I'm exhausted already. That and I have a cold again. Really stinks! I got my uphill stroller walk in yesterday, but felt crappy and couldn't do my weights as planned. I saw the new Cathe series, but not sure about getting all of them. We'll see, I might just cave and buy all of them on March 30! I'm the need to see what I'm getting type of person and wish I could preview the dvds. There are two I want to see before getting. The MMA and I can't remember what the other one was called. Anyway, hope everyone is having a great Monday! Sorry for the me post!

Lisa

Hi there! How are you all? I have to learn everyone's name around here!

Is everyone buying the shock cardio? Sounds so great! Everything sounds great to me lately. I am just so happy to feel good again since the birth and to have a perfect little baby! Also, I will be 30 this weekend on Sunday. I am not so scared of 30 anymore. It will be great!

Anyway, Brody went for his 2 week checkup today (12 days actually) and he is already 9 lbs 8 oz and 22 inches long. 95% percentile for both LOL! He was so good and he just laid on the table in a diaper only for 30 minutes and didn't cry. I had a blanket on him of course. Everyone said how sweet and adorable he was. He is amazing. So easily comforted.

WEll, gotta go!

take care, Clarissa

Stephanie, LOL at Charlie's feet!!! Julia kicks her crib sides when she wakes up! I love it! I'll miss that bang!bang! when she doesnt do itr anymore!:D
Meso1 is Muscle Endurance.
M2 is hypertrophy, or muscle building. I am LOVING it! It's like GymStyles, but harder...if possible!
I'm using high step, incline bench, barbell up to 72# (i think that's what it was) and I actually used a 50# db for plie squats!!!!:eek: I didnt think I could do it but I did! I felt so awesome!

Lisa, No worry on no personals! Your day is CA-RAZAY!!! Wow! You're gonna sleep good tonight!

Clarissa, My girls have all been nice round dough balls! I love it! They don't start off too big but apparently I make the world's fattiest breast milk!:D:D:D And I eat helathy - go figure. When I had to pump w/ my first (she couldnt latch FOR 6 WEEKS!) I would pump 4 oz and 2 oz would be fat that gathered at the top!
Happy Early Bday! That's great! It's not MY age that bothers me - its the fact that my "baby" just turned 7!!!! How did THAT happen!?!?!

Better get rollin' - gotta prep some things for dinner!

MY baby is about to turn 8 in late May. Hindsight, I am glad I started early though actually. I was 22 w/ my first and 25 w/ 2nd and now I just made 29 barely w/ 3rd!!

I think I deserve the mean mommy of the day award. My son lost my favorite political magazine before I got a chance to read it (and since politics stays off this thread;), I won't tell what it was), so I gave him the third degree. Then the kids or dh had misplaced the remote control just as I was set to work out and I hollered about that and now I found the thermometer that ds 14 needs for his biology experiment on the floor, broken, when I had set it up and away so that it would be ready for tomorrow. So anyway, here I am before I say anything else that is totally unedifying:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.

My Clean Eating Magazine came today and it looks like a good one, so I'll have that to curl up with later.

Kate--I can't wait for meso 2. I really need heavier dumbells. Mine only go up to 30, but we have lots of heavy weights for the barbells out in the garage, so I might try to modify. I can't wait for meso 2, but I will say I've really enjoyed meso 1--more than I'd thought. Oh and my baby's going to be 15 in August.

****Isabella comes down stairs: "Mom, Gabe is annoying me. I farted and now he's just making all these fart sounds. Tell him to just go away." groannnnn... ****

Okay, I'm back...

Stephanie--sorry about Henry's allergies--that sounds so miserable. I hope you find a solution so he can enjoy his lovely spring time weather. My baby didn't keep me awake, but someone was banging on the drug neighbors' door for like an hour or something---It's time to buy a clue, folks, no one is answering....go home....

Lisa--don't apologize for a me post--just read my vent--see I'm not supermom. I'm not even being nice. I just told dh to bring me tomatoes, a new thermometer, and an attitude adjustment. Sorry you aren't feeling well, and I hope you survive your day.

Clarissa--take your time getting to know us--we'll be patient;). Good news about you and Brody.I preordered the shock cardio as soon as I learned about it. I'm so excited. :eek:

Okay, that was therapuetic. I'm ready to go upstairs and be nice now:):eek::).

Take care, all

Maggie:)

Hi Clarissa and Lisa!

Kate--M2 sounds like fun! I don't have gymstyle, but I may get it as an alternative to STS one of these days. I don't have the $ for STS or the room for the equipment. When do you start using a squat rack with it?

Maggie--LOL on the mean mommy! You are not! I'd be mad too if the boys lost an important magazine of mine!! (Wondering which one you read!!!??? ;))

Charlie is sprouting TWO bottom teeth (his first) and BOY IS HE ILL!!! Can't wait till DH gets home and I can pass him off. Now who's the mean mommy?

Well, gotta go, my little grump is getting super mad because he can't shove the entire teething ring in his mouth. :rolleyes:

Later taters!!

clarissa, we started young too. we had *no clue* how to raise a baby - i see our growth in how we handle our infants!

maggie, glad we can povide some free therapy sessions! sorry abt the hard time! lol at isabella!!!
15!!!??? that day will never come for me!:p going to make them stop growing up!:p
glad you like m1. im so sad i didnt. m2 is more than making up for it tho! it is so much fun! my 1rms are right on....in m1 they seemed too high and it was very frustrating to have to keep dropping the weights.:mad:

-------
so whats your baby doing that has you over the moon?

julias rolling over so well now! shes been doing it in her crib since she was 3 months but only in the last week has she shown us!:D she'll go all the way across the room - i love it! makes me squeal every time!:D

we gave her some barley on sunday for her first food and she gobbled it up! i need to get the highchair from dh's barn out back.

all these firsts are so exciting!!

Just a quick note to say WE ARE UNDER CONTRACT FOR A HOUSE!

4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, 1 car garage. I am so excited. Closing April 27th. Just hope all the financing goes through (I don't know why it wouldn't but I won't feel comfortable until the keys are in our hands)

Oh, and I have worked out some. Saturday I did Julian Micheals and yesterday I did a quick 20 minutes on the elliptical. I plan on doing a cardio coach on the elliptical tonight.

Becky

hello stephanie!
good a.m., everybody!

WORKOUT DONE!!! I did CTX KB and the HiLo from 101010. Felt so good!

I can't believe it but my scale is up 5 pounds??!!?! Funny thing is,,,,Mike was commenting that my belly has really flattened out lately and I see it too. So I hopped on the scale to get a boost for the day - and its UP! Oh well - I'm not too bothered by it. Clothes aren't tighter - maybe I'm holding water weight?? Que sera!

Last night I finished shoulders/tris and had a LATE night run to Meijer. I didnt get to bed til midnight! Up at 2 to nurse Julia and at 5 also. Not much sleep last night for sure! Whatcha gonna do about it tho? I'll be able to get to bed earlier tonight since MY WO IS DONE!!!!!

Hi mamas!

Kate--I'm sure it's either water weight or muscle swell. I wouldn't sweat it. Also, I find that when I don't get much sleep, I weigh heavier the next day for some odd reason. What's it like to have a flat belly??? I've still got the nasty hang-over in front. Blech!! I hope you get to get a nap today!

Well, the big boys are at school/preschool, and I'm doing laundrymax. Tonight is soccer for Henry. I've really let my workouts slide since twisting my ankle. I'm scared I'm going to hurt it again. It's still kind of tender, but I'm going to HAVE to get back into working out. I have GOT to lose this weight soon. So hopefully tonight I can work out. Wish there were more hours in the day! (And I wish those hours had a part-time nanny and housekeeper in them!) If any of you come across a genie, please send him my way! ;)

Hope everyone is having a good day!

stephanie, sorry things arent working out right now! frustrating for sure! but you DONT want to reinjure that - let it heal and you'll come back enthused andready to go!
i am i n desperate need of doing laundry! im usually very on top of it but somehow ive been behind the last 2 weeks:confused:.

Hi ladies--

Much nicer today:D.

I lost another half pound, so I have 11 lbs to get back to my pre preggo weight. I'm amazed since I ate around 5000 calories on Friday last (no, I'm not exaggerating--really, I can pack the food away when I cut loose.)

I just did disk 10 first time around and I think that was the hardest workout I've ever done. Hoo boy...I'm starving now, but I'll post first as Gwen is nicely latched and I can type with two hands....

Stephanie-- I hope your ankle feels better soon.(((hugs)))I agree with Kate that you should take the time to let it heal. I do think investing in the larger step might be a good idea. I started out with one of the smaller ones and kept over and under shooting it. Much easier to do the moves with the larger step. Oh and I've not had a flat belly in years. My skin is so stretched from big babies that even if I lose all the weight, I'll still have this flap thingie--I'd need a tummy tuck, which I won't do, so......at least dh doesn't care.

Kate--It's just water--don't panic--you are doing meso 2 now and your body needs time to adjust to the heavier weights. What about the Gwenlet makes me squeal? Well, when someone else is holding her, she'll fix me with her eyes, round and longing. Also, she is pushing herself up on my step and her fat rolls--oh my, so juicy--she must have like 5 on her upper thighs--would that fat looked so cute on me:eek:. Ugh--laundry--it never really ends around here, but I've assigned everyone a laundry day again and that seems to help.

Becky--congratulations! It's a great time to be a buyer, that's for sure. It looks like things are really falling into place for you. Enjoy:D--good to hear from you.

Oh and I need the cleaning genie:eek:. Can we all say "no motivation?"

And I've got to get our garden in, but it's been so rainy and muddy, I haven't had a chance to get out into it much:(....

Maggie:)

Yay Becky! Buying a new house is the best! 4 bedrooms...great!

Why is it so hard to eat clean after a baby is born? I just want to eat chips and chocolate all day (but I don't!). I ate 100% clean today, except for some chocolate milk. I usually eat healthy and wonder if that is why my baby was so large (all of my babies were large) and I gain very little. I ate a lot of omega 3 eggs and stuff like that, for his brain development. It is a good thing I guess! I just pay their size for it during labor LOL! Gotta run,

Clarissa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.